Impopular opinion

AKA series everybody seems to like but you don't understand/dislike them

All my friends are like k-on is top tier but I can't get past episode 3, I tried like 4 times

Fuck off, newfag.

There's nothing to understand about k-on
K-on was made for 40years old depressed/stressed dudes that overwork in Japan

It's okay if you don't like it

calm down there kid

Pretty much anything by KyoAni

But Hyouka most of all

What a load of shit this one was

>friends

no one likes k-on, except for manchildren and faggots

Aren't most people stressed about something though?

Anyone who doesn't like K-On either hasn't seen it or bought into the "moe = bad" scare tactics.

The only good thing about K-ON are these mindbreak-ahegao doujins.

just drop your prejudices and enjoy it. its fine if you find it adorable, its fine if you begin to feel a strong attachment to one or all of the characters. its not a dent in your masculinity, youre not a fag now. k-on makes life better just let it in.

>can't get past episode 3, I tried like 4 times
Faggot you don't stop at episode 3 only to rewatch those same three episodes three more times. Instead of doing that continue watching the rest of episodes.

calling it top tier is an overstatement imho
on the other hand everyone probably agrees it is fun and comfy like nothing else
don't take it too seriously and just enjoy it

yeah, there's nothing to really dislike about it--good art, enjoyable characters, warm humor, doesn't rely heavily on fanservice

This
At the beginning I couldn't get past 20 minutes but I went as far as ep 3

Stop restarting. K-on is a journey, you need to let it in to enjoy it. Most of the episodes are more or less episodic, so you should really just watch the show over a long period of time, picking it up whenever you feel the urge to watch it. If you keep watching the same three episodes over again you're never going to get anywhere.

>Friends

The only people who don't enjoy K-On! are those that go in expecting not to enjoy it and look for any reason to hate it. That's not another way of saying "just turn your brain off", but don't go in with any expectations or pre-conceived notions of SoL shows and ignore all of the hype and you'll find a very lovely little show from a very talented director.

>impopular
>friends
Fuck off.

I heard great reviews online but welp

I think that having high expectations before watching a show is not a good thing to do.

K-on is just a lighthearted comedy with minimal fanservice and some music. I watched expecting nothing special and I got a very amusing show that somehow end up becoming very dear to me.

It wasn't bad, just OK and a little boring at times. I really don't understand how it achieved it's legendary status.

Is susumiya even good? Heard good things about it too

I heard Angel Beats was good, and boy did I get joshed.

Find it out for yourself, dude.

>babby's first rec thread

Daily reminder that every thread has the potential to be a rec thread.

It's fine

Its easy to understand its appeal but its not really ground breaking stuff. It's the type of shit that spawns its own trends and genres.

Hyperbolically its about as deep as james bond and it ended up spawning millions of things trying to be james bond

One Piece, basically the same shit everytime. I can't understand why it is so popular.

No, it was made for 20years old NEET otakus.

It's claim to fame is mostly because of its cultural significance at time. If you didn't watch it when it came out, it's no where near the same experience