What killed Toys R Us, Sup Forums?

What killed Toys R Us, Sup Forums?

washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/09/19/toys-r-us-files-for-bankruptcy-amid-struggle-to-pay-down-billions-in-debt/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/XqKD5
youtube.com/watch?v=_fy-uhxiXcE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What if we archive that archive.is/XqKD5

>Don't want to grow up, don't want to grow up, I want to be a Toys R Us kid

We grew up.

video games and super hig prices

They stayed in 1989 while their competitors innovated

>What killed Toys R Us, Sup Forums?

Nothing. They filed Chapter 11, which is reorganization (not liquidation) bankruptcy.

>What killed Toys R Us, Sup Forums?
PCs, smartphones, social media, gaming consoles

I still remember going to Toys R Us with my parents and getting a Sega Genesis...greatest day of my life....

And then legos, all those legos. I MISS THE FUCKING 90S MAN....

But seriously though, maybe its not such a big conspiracy, as you guys think EVERYTHING is a fucking large conspiracy. Maybe its just that people are too lazy to even go to a store these days they just order shit on amazon for their kids. Why is that so far fetched?

there is another earthquake coming.
cali is in for a ride.

It's not even that. Kids can get all the toys they want from supermarkets now and that makes it easier for parents. After age 7 now, kids just want video games.

Video games and internet

>actually missing the 90s
you're a cuck and a fucking liberal then.

online retailers and a ton of fucking debt

Niggers.

All of these great lego kits, man! I hate to grow up and still do.

We're in the days of online shopping. Many retail stores are facing such a problem. Just that Toys R Us is a single minded store that has been mostly replaced by electronic entertainment.

have you ever been to one? i did some last minute christmas shopping there a few years back. got good stuff and fair prices, but christ the 'customers'...
when you have nigger kids treating your store like a playground, it's a result of years of poor management. how do you mismanage a fucking toy store? by systematically undermining the white race.

GameStop is next
Watch

>refused to change business model to compete with other brick and mortar retailers such as target, best buy, and wal-mart
>poorly managed stores are way too common making them k-mart tier service with overpriced merchandise
>blames the internet while ignoring their internal issues that have plagued the company for the last 2 decades

You really see a way forward for a brick and mortar toy store chain? Chapter 11 isn't always a picnic...it just means they sought protection before they became totally insolvent. This is what responsible companies do to ensure creditors get as much back as possible. It does NOT mean they are going to be alright.

They over-leveraged while Amazon became what it currently is, and while kids moved away from plastic toys to apps/digital media.

Put down the crystal ball grand wizard. Anyone couldve foreseen that in the age of digital games.

This.

>tfw you wont be able to take your kid to Toys R Us and get to experience the joy your parents felt

A collapsing economy, this company is merely a canary in the coal mine.

Sell your stocks before it's too late.

>brick and mortar toy store chain
as long as the experience is positive, there shouldn't be an issue.
>having a child pick a toy in person
>having a child pick a toy on a screen
there is inherent value in a toy store

This is just flat out wrong.

I start to feel bad for the fate of doomed brick and mortar stores right up until the point when a sales associate at Lowe's tells me that he doesn't think they carry wire.

you're both wrong btw

>grand wizard
Below fellow klan member

This. Every TRU I've ever been to has roving bands of little nigger kids absolutely trashing the store. And their mothers don't care because it's a few minutes they don't have to spend with their demon spawn.

Amazon.

They're killing everyone.

Same thing that is killing all brick and mortar retail shopping: non-whites.

Supermarkets? What fucking supermarket do you go to that has GI joes, bionicles, legos, and videogames?

>What killed Toys R Us

Wal-Mart and Amazon

We will never experience ANY of the joys our parents generation felt

Serves them right for killing Babbage's and Funcoland.

Specialized brick and mortar stores are fast becoming a thing of the past. No one is going to want to make a trip to a specific, almost hobby like place when places like walmart and online stores like amazon have what you generally need. We are basically going to be left with a handful of department stores and the rest of everything will be on amazon or super niche websites

I'm sure this argument was made in earnings calls every quarter the past decade. I'm not speculating when I say that doesn't appear to be true.

>there is inherent value in a toy store
not really, not in these stores, it's the exact same experience

>ask nu/pol/ about a real live thing
>get normie meme responses
you niggers are in a real bad way

good riddance

tablets and internet games.

it's been the 'age of digital games' for as long as it's been the 'year of the Linux desktop' . pro traders have been saying "this will be the end of GameStop" since steam came out. not going to happen , ever.

and yet, when i went to toys r us the only times in the past 20 years, to look for out of stock/new release games, I was always greeted with yellowed, ugly floors and black employees

Nothing of value would be lost.

Retail is a dying industry period, Walgreens will be the only survivor

Kids only ever want things on screens anymore. Actual physical things scare the fuck out of them, and don't interest them.

Underrated

>joy
That's a funny way of spelling "this dumb shit costs HOW much?"

I really hope toys r us isn't truly dead. They do a lot of good things like free birthday parties. Babies r us has lots of free classes. Their toy selection has much more variety than what you can find in toy sections at wal mart and target. Their video game selection is better than most retailers.

My parents were poor, we would go to toys r us to just look, and if I am lucky, they would buy me a hotwheels car.

Going there as a kid with 50 bucks to spend and going to the tyco rc cars is my biggest memory there. Got myself a tyco rc tantrum. Loved that thing.

they make the argument because they have to. also happens they can't effectively manage their stores. it doesn't mean what i said is untrue, it means this particular brand fucked up.

>Trump is gonna save the econom-

Millennials.

I got that one too because they didnt have the truck that could jump.

that's a parental problem. decent people would love to take their kids to a toy store if it weren't overrun with nogs swinging from aisle to aisle.

It's got stuck in the 90's and turned into a shitty Walmart while blaming everything else for their own problems. All thanks to corporate assholes who know nothing about running a toy store. They'd be better off if they had kids running shit because at least kids know what kids want.

Yeah it's not the first time.

Amazon fucked them. They made a deal for online sales, and Amazon screwed them.

You'll see different when you have kids.

Name one thing you can get a Toys R Us that you can't get at Walmart, Target, K Mart etc

>You really see a way forward for a brick and mortar toy store chain?

Yes, kids love toys and seeing them on a screen doesn't compare to going through aisles of them

They failed to modernize.

Yeah its great you have a fuck ton of toy but:

they never offered a loyalty program
never put any effort into video games
never sold more mature video game
Way more expensive than buying online
Never update their online presence
If it was popular they sold out super fast
massive shipping abilities but wasted them
never promoted their sales
never jumped on popular trending toys
never even went with retro toys.

They simply stayed the same in a world that worked harder for our business.

>Toys R Us is a big part of the US economy

Just look at all the dumb fucks in this thread blaming Amazon and Walmart. You guys selectively buy the narrative or what? Toys-R-Us died long ago and it was their own fault.

Burgers are spending all their money on opiates rather than toys for their children. Simple as that.

It was them GOD DAMNED MILLENNIALS. They literally are killing EVERYTHING.

Smartphones and the internet

I have no problem with big franchises not selling useless shit

autism cubes, autism spinners, phones, tablets, TVs, and computers.

I worked there a few years back. They actually have a very small selection of shitty toys.
Believe it or not

Same. I was a Hotwheels/miscellaneous-Lego-pieces-saved over the years kind of kid.

moar

>stuck in the 90's

Really stuck in the 80s, as the stores look and feel the same now as they did when I was going there as a child

The last time I was in one the employees looked like hell. You could see the demoralization in their eyes.

Are you going to ignore the fact that Superstores carrying a majority of Toys R Us inventory for cheaper, didn't at least aid their demise?

You obviously dont know about the Amazon-Toys R Us deal that went down. You sir are a fucking DUMBFUCK

>flyover countries seriously think earthquakes are a big deal here in cali

ok grandpa

Video Games.

>when

yep

>you will never live in a 90% white Christian city in the 80s during the Reagan economic boom

This is all I want out of life.

Toys R Us was bigger than the state of Arkansas in 1992 as Ross Perot pointed out

This killed TRU

Jews.

>Go to Goys R Us one day
>They have a pallet of Crayola stuff for sale
>See a Jew standing in front of it with an unironic calculator
>Go close to him so I can see what his trick is
>Pulls one of the goy workers over
>Tells them he'll "take them"
>"Sir, you need to take them to counter"
>"Oy vey, I want the whole pallet. Isn't there a forklift around here? Muh shuguhnuh"
>Buys the entire stock for like 25% off
>Asks if there are more in the back
>Gets told there isn't
>Kvetches
>He fills up his Volvo with them
>Cut through Jew "community" on the way home a day later
>Crayola merchandise for sale in every shop I go past

They do the same thing in supermarkets. The goy doesn't get a saving because the Jew sees it as lost shekels. Goys R Us are being undercut by their own products.

>Remember when Coca-Cola were giving away drinking glasses with every 2ltr of Coke you bought
>Limited to two per person
>Watch Jew fill his entire shopping cart up with bottles of Coke and the same amount of glasses
>Watch him queue for half an hour
>Everyone tuts at him and passes snide comments, but it runs off him like water off a raincoat
>Finally about to be served
>Cashier tells him there's a limit
>Jew can't believe it
>He leaves it all in the cart and gets his phone out
>"Activate it"
>Army of Jews suddenly descend on the store
>He gives them two bottles and two glasses each
>Begrudgingly hands over the money for them too
>Rubs his hands together
>Go through same "community" as before the following day
>Limited edition Coca-Cola glasses on sale in every shop I go past

I swear to you the memes are true. A goy accepts "refugees" because it thinks "how can I help?", a Jew sees the same "refugees" and thinks "how can I firstly turn a profit and secondly use this to my own advantage?".

tldr it's all true

as someone who worked for a company that worked with Toys R Us, they were a terribly run company and the writing has been on the wall

strong rebuttal

cut my nation into pieces

>The big guy himself took down TRU

Kids being more enthralled with electronics than toys

> hurr durr I have a super popular brand but I can't make money

Teavana for example. Was doing great on it's own. Profitable as fuck. Starbucks buys it and then kills it as it's not worth operating. I used to spend $60/mo at Teavana as I drank gallons of tea. Nobody who shopped there is going to Starbucks for their shitty tea bags.

Same bro. I wish I could have been born in the US - literally anywhere in the US - in the mid 70s and been able to experience the USA in the 1980s, then dying on 9/11. Those lucky mother fuckers have no idea that they missed literally nothing at all and lived through the best time in human history.

>tfw will never relive going to Toys R Us as a kid and getting a LEGO set or Micro Machines or getting a slip for a videogame and taking it to the counter or whatever toy caught my eye

Have you ever been to a TRU that has closed? They sell so many shitty, off brand toys, they're at least a third of the toys in the store. Some say they're more expensive than other stores, at least Amazon. Also video games.

Kids today play with apps, not toys.

Online shopping is killing brick and mortar.

its a shithole anyway
their business model relied on ripping people off on used games

people just used the store to test drive the toys they would eventually buy on Amazon

Jesus christ.

I mean seriously, my entire life I have had to live and deal with diversity. 9/11 was when the entire United States cucked out for sandniggers in the Middle East, I was in first grade when it happened. And now in college I get a new diversity lesson every day for being white.

When I see this commercial I just well up. Boomers have no idea what they have thrown into the garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=_fy-uhxiXcE