/SOJG/ State of Jefferson General

2 MORE SENATE SEATS EDITION!!!

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=0wFczbAnmww [Open] [Open]

The State of Jefferson is a proposed US state in Northern California (less prominent, but noticeable in Southern Oregon). The State was first proposed in 1941 and a movement quickly sprung up. However, due to the importance of WW2, the movement quickly died down. Many years later during the 90s, the movement resurfaced. As California began rearing towards a very left leaning blue state, more and more northern counties, fed up with being tossed out and disregarded by the Californian government, began the campaign once more to create the State of Jefferson. This will not only bring a conservative state to the west coast, but put a dent in the democrat stranglehold of California and the west coast in general. Since Oroville, the movement has exploded in popularity, making it the most vocal state separation movement in the US. (Note there is another secession movement in Southern California known as the "State of Jackson", however it is not nearly as prominent as the conservative led movement in Northern California).

Links:

Official Website: soj51.org/

News Articles: krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/state-of-jefferson-supporters-file-lawsuit-against-california/496024228

orovillemr.com/article/NB/20170529/LOCAL1/170529766

modbee.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/jeff-jardine/article130705049.html

Can you hear us now?: youtube.com/watch?v=eddGRO5wUxY&t=80s [Open] [Open]

Youtube Videos:

youtube.com/watch?v=T8mwwjAeUGM&t=2s [Open] [Open]

youtube.com/watch?v=LdUIyhD0we0&t=71s [Open] [Open]

youtube.com/watch?v=lrDWdsjYGeY&t=1s [Open] [Open]

Discord: kXMRN3s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eddGRO5wUxY
rstreet.org/op-ed/the-real-history-and-meaning-behind-the-state-of-jefferson/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

TELL ME ABOUT JEFFERSON
WHY DO THEY SEEK EQUAL REPRESENTATION AT THE STATE LEVEL?

Here's a stupid idea.
>People who want Jefferson vote yes on california secession
>vote passes
>Jefferson says california is in a state of Rebellion
>Petition for statehood
>California crashes and burns

>stupid idea
you weren't kidding...

I agree the calexit vote could be pivotal to our movement

bump

Placer reporting in.

because there is a large republican voting base in northern california that has been suppressed by the majority democrat south

REEE THATS NOT MY OC

Here you go lad.

REEEEEE THATS NOT THE UPDATED ONE

It does not matter what we are seeking.
What matters are our post secession plans.

Then post it yerself.

I thought SOJ counties were suing for representation. What's going on with that?

Donating to the cause is the best way to keep Hilldawg out of the presidency in 2020

would this require 51%, 67% or 75% of states approval to officially happen? also, how many dem states would automatically vote "no"?

We are it is in very early stages in court

Humboldt Representing.

It's still going, the hearings are going on right now actually.

Trinity reporting

There are many avenues to approach this on. One is the “legal” route. One is asking to succeed if Calexit ever happens.

Due to the proposition system in California, the counties involved only have to vote a majority vote proposition on the subject, for it to be passed to the federal legislation to be passed by I believe a 51% majority vote.

Is there a case name or number I could search under to track its progress?

Nice to see some more eastern counties in these threads.

so 51% of CA counties must vote Yes, and 51% of states must vote Yes. intredasting. well, im not sure if i'll get to vote on you guys becoming a state, but youve got my NV vote

>Humboldt
>Eastern

Fuck me, just got out of a sickness, still absent minded.

Western, my mistake.

Nonono 51% of the population of the counties involved in the movement votes. Not California as a whole.

Cala eras checking in

Calaveras*

thought that was portugal for a second

Welcome Calaveras man.

>bongs

The Cali/Jefferson area is much bigger than Portugal, I understand the confusion though.

Fuck off your retarded nigger ass shits

You aren't leaving

Give me a quick rundown. Whats going on here?

do we really need 2 oregons?

no need for that lad

yeah, just the shape and the colours

sorry a british kid bullied me when i was younger

This needs to happen so fucking bad.

Conservative led movement to leave California and form their own state. Legal measures are already being pursued as we speak to separate. All we need is a majority vote from the counties involved in the split, then it goes to the federal legislature.

but i like microbreweries

I think it's best to take the red parts of OR and let WA and what's left of OR form one state, they already vote for similar shit there.

I wholly support Jefferson getting statehood over Puerto Rico

>youtube.com/watch?v=eddGRO5wUxY
everything in that video sounded incredible reasonable.

or just kick seattle out of WA

please become a thing. fuck southern california and all the braindead communist faggots that infest it.

This is something to get behind.

MEMES BECOME REALITY

>We need a twitter campaign
>We need a meme council

WE NEED A MOVEMENT

Got it, thanks.

It was taken outside of the state capital. There's cars everywhere outside, so the sound most likely would be worse off.

but, we don't want portland or eugene. we like them where they are, give it to idaho.

you make us eat that and they'd probably pass the stupid income tax "on the rich" that gets proposed and rejected every single year here.

rstreet.org/op-ed/the-real-history-and-meaning-behind-the-state-of-jefferson/

i said that wrong, of course it's not every single year, but every election cycle.

How can this be?

Would something like this work?

There's different donation pages and it has added up to around 1/3 of a million dollars off of donations alone.

Absolutely... Jefferson will pave the way

no, fucking leave washington alone, we got this.

we're too liberal, but we have an extreme distrust of our government, making us default conservatives.

it makes for a really nice quality of life.

if you guys could stop sending us beaners and niggers though, that'd be great. one of these years it'll get really cold and that should reset the clock on nig nogs in seattle.

To wet up there anyways

Seems good man. The Oregon portion is most likely not going to join in the end.

if we could bypass oregon though...or somehow replace them with alaska...

Alaska is already red

Tbh I dont think Oregon will be apart of Jefferson
Also leave The Washington part of Lincoln as Washington
6 (Or 3) State Solution now

The legal process to get Oregon involved in the separation is next to impossible. As California has a prop system in which the counties involved can vote to leave, the Oregon portion needs direct consent from the Oregon government to leave. Which they will probably say no.

If you leave, we'll invade you

Get ready for invasion of the mighty Californian army you fucking faggots

Stay cucked by aliens

With what army?

>the mighty californian army

You'll be fighting off the niggers and spics before you fight anyone else.
Well stop giving you water too.
Where are all the desalination plants? oh...

>California
>army
>guns
?????

Sounds good man

Good luck. You're going to have to defend your state from the beaners

it would just be pointless ultimately anyway, it's not like you're going to be able to toss up a secure border, people still have to live or work on the other side, very few people work in their city's municipal range.
so you're not going to stop mexicans.

you'd still be defended by the united states of america, and there would still need to be some kind of payment for that.

so all you'd be left with is the right to make laws, but if you make them too lenient then you'll end up having all the problems that exist in las vegas.

wrong image
meant to post this

>Army
>We have more guns with our peoples combined than your entire 35 million populace.

SoCal here. Ill fight for you Jefferson. Godspeed

>tfw wearing granny panties rn
fuck being bloated

ayyyyyyyyyy

Make a new southern state movement (minus Los Angeles). Call it Mojave or whatever.

Moe Jave

Although you would have to start from the ground up. Jefferson has been in it for a while now.

>50/50 republican to democrat ratio.
>Cascadia and California are allowed to Crash and Burn.
>Lincoln and Jefferson contain a tremendous amount of Farmland and are spaced apart, end up becoming the Texases of the West Coast.

This is a direct upgrade.

Now all we have to do is make Vegas, Atlanta, South Florida, and New York City there own states.

first declaration of jefferson:
find every illegal and deport them

We don't have any only because we don't want them atm
If our water gets shut off then we'll build them, for the moment we'll just drink all of yours
Every drop. We already survived a drought, we can survive another

and another
and another... everytime we're on the brink of famine we get storms at the last minute. It all comes down to sacrifice, literal sacrifice/human lives, you wouldn't know. Sacrifice to you hicks means losing a hot pocket in between your third chin

How about this?

damn man i grew up in calaveras. Miss the place

85% of California's water comes from Jefferson.

>inb4 starve and thirst to death

I’m good with that

More central counties are needed for the NCR. Other than that, seems good.

We don't have any because the state has no idea on how to manage its water. I live in the Inland Empire and good lord, most of our water just goes out to sea. The only collected water comes from the runoff on the San Bernadino Mountains and gets collected into open-air reservoirs, and sink downwards into our aquifer. Problem is it is fucking hot here half the time, and this is a very dry area, so what little water we get will mostly evaporate.

CA's failure to build a decent water system and high speed rail is part of the reason why I am an Ancap.

take the coastline from orange to ventura and leave out LA
we're keeping malibu as a trophy

This is a map i suggest taking to heart if making your own southern state:

it'll be sad to see the reagan library fall into the hands of commies
cant let that happen

So what about pic related? From what I've seen several of the counties on the map made declarations without votes (but I'm sure it wouldn't really be a problem). Would the voting come before or after the prop?

The coast line between orange and ventura is LA's coast line. And ventura county is very liberal anyway so why would you want it.

Exclaves are something that I cannot do. Sorry but Ventura is a necessary loss.

We need signatures to put the prop in (which is happening right now), once that is in, the voting will commence in the designated counties.