Man Who Didn't Let Russia Nuke Us Died

mobile.twitter.com/i/moments/910080078163402752

>Former Soviet military officer Stanislav Petrov died in May, though his death has only just been widely reported. Thirty years ago he was on duty when the then Soviet Union's early-warning system detected an incoming nuclear missile strike from the US. The protocol would have been for the Soviet military to fire nuclear missiles at the US in response, but he dismissed them as a false alarm and refused to report the alert to his superiors.

That was pretty cool of him.

Other urls found in this thread:

unv.is/themoscowtimes.com/news/stanislav-petrov-died-in-may-58967
youtube.com/watch?v=7ciy5R-tLiE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasili_Arkhipov#Involvement_in_Cuban_Missile_Crisis
youtube.com/watch?v=NYfhTXraoRk
youtube.com/watch?v=wHylQRVN2Qs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

F

F

F

F

F

F

F

F

F

F

ITT

"""""Americans""""" who are content with what they see today. Hope the faggot goes to hell.

S

events like this are why I think we're the only intelligent life in the galaxy
we made it all the way to the nuclear age, and we still would've destroyed ourselves were it not for the gut decision of a single human being
it's a hell of a great filter

H-here I go

F

F

Is this true?

Fake and gay

F

F

F

F

F

>This great man died on 19 May 2017 (. It's a shame that the global media got the news four months later.

>unv.is/themoscowtimes.com/news/stanislav-petrov-died-in-may-58967

F

maybe if he followed orders instead of his instincts, maybe we could've avoided this shit show future

F

S

U.S deserved to get nuked out of existence

PROPAGANDA

If you prefer death, you can always just kill yourself. No need to bring everyone else along for the ride tbqhphamalam, you can jump off something, hang yourself, shoot yourself, gas yourself, all kinds of things.

What's with the merchant mirror?

Oh shut up you cry baby

He made the wrong decision.

F

Had he been drinking vodka earlier?

He did the wring thing

F

Would've been the end of whiteys on that continent.

F

MEME

He should have launched we need bombs dropped everywhere

F

F

F

>falling for the nuclear winter meme

F

If you haven't watched the 1983 Able Archer documentary,do so now

youtube.com/watch?v=7ciy5R-tLiE

F

That was back when people read books.

Imagine what will happen during a false-positive with millennials controlling the nukes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

F

F

I feel for any poor soul trapped under Communism's insidious grip

two FF's

it's an utter shame this guy will receive zero fucking respect for literally saving the whole god-damned world

>Man Who Didn't Let Russia Nuke Us
He should be considered a terrible villain here. He prevented a happening!

F

F

FFFF
F
FF
F
F

F for respect

F

>chaos trips
That second F was from Kek himself.

PEOPLE ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS SHIT

F

F

F

F

what an exemplary man. is this even real? can someone sauce me

F

F

F

Brave and honorable.

F

F

That man saved hundreds of millions, if not billions, if not every single life on this planet, and look at that hovel he lived in.

F
Literally saved the world.

Russian propaganda

F

F

F
Thank you for delaying the end of this gay planet so that we can witness it first hand.

F

A real human bean

One of a handful of Soviets I wouldn't wish to be thrown out of a helicopter.

Vasili Alexandrovich Arkhipov (30 January 1926 – 1999) was a Soviet naval officer. During the Cuban Missile Crisis he prevented the launch of a nuclear torpedo and therefore a possible nuclear war. His story is to this day unknown to the wider public, although some believe that Thomas Blanton (then director of the National Security Archive) expressed it in 2002, "a guy called Vasili Arkhipov saved the world."

CHECKED AND HEIL !!!
also, how cool would it be if the Soviet Union was pro-white instead of a kike commie state?
I wouldn't mind the Red Army invading Europe right now and taking out the fucking nonwhite immigrant trash.

kek

CHECKED AND HEIL !!!
also, how cool would it be if the Soviet Union was pro-white instead of a kike commie state?
I wouldn't mind the Red Army invading Europe right now and taking out the fucking nonwhite immigrant trash..

F

Nice communist worship going on here

All of you can fuck off to hell

>Obama, Kissinger, and Shimon Peres get a Nobel Peace prize but not these guys
Shameful.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasili_Arkhipov#Involvement_in_Cuban_Missile_Crisis

So what if there actually was missiles flying towards the USSR?

Would you feel the same way about the US military man who, upon learning of Nork nukes heading stateside, failed to report them and a proper response was not launched?

F

F

This. I've always been skeptical of this story. It reminds me of the astronaut story and something about using pencils in space.

I'd be pretty happy if they waited for confirmation before launching nukes.

>implying nukes are real

We are at war now. No respect for the dirty Ruwskie.

youtube.com/watch?v=NYfhTXraoRk

>Be Russian
>save the world from nuclear war
>get stipend of 3 potatoes and a bottle of vodka per week for rest of life while being forced to live in shitty roach-filled apartment as reward

Russians have a long history of using propaganda to appear as the peace lovers and ALWAYS wanted to make the west look like the reckless aggressors

This fits perfectly

The only response is shooting down what little of their arsenal doesn't fizzle out across the ocean, there's no moral quandary there.

Russian bro actually had the world in his hands and didn't drop it.

t. Atom-disabling murican

He wasn't shot for insubordination?
How.
How the fuck does the burden of reporting for an early warning system fall to one man?
This is either an example of extreme military incompetence or bullshit.

F

F

Think of it this way; Stanislav Petrov is as much a part of you being here as your mother and father.

I was already out of high school, when this song was released:

youtube.com/watch?v=wHylQRVN2Qs

F

aliens telepathically influenced him to do that

F

F

F

All meming for the end times aside this happening turning out to be nothing was for the best.

t. flat earther retard