How ado you feel about Gundam Build S1 and S2?

How ado you feel about Gundam Build S1 and S2?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mO7FDs_q_og
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

S1>S2 but I still enjoyed S2.

Best girl.

/thread

something went wrong in S2, but S1 is legendary

This.

S2 wasn't as good as S1, but they were both memorable

Sekai should been cheesy as fuck like his master.
Mirai should have used the edgy burning or the final boss.
3 on 3 format was terrible. Fumina should been support at best.

S1 was goat
Dr was able to keep me watching but ultimately it felt soulless.
S1 worked because you could feel its creators were gundam fans
,all the cameos and small references were a nice nod to the franchise's 35+ year history.
However try was so shallow.
It was just a blank copy trying to emulate its predecessor in order to make a quick buck.
Even the fights weren't entertaining, it's like they had no sense of choreography or how to and a fight without pulling out a new super secret technique.
It also doesn't help that this show barely had any references to the franchise while the former was built on celebrating them.
Try really disappointed me but hopefully the ONEs can fix some of the damage.

S1 is the best Gundam anime in 19 years. A shame the staff for S1 was working on G-Reco when S2 was being made, you can notice the difference in quality from miles away, but still enjoyable.

S2 = How to trigger /m/ (or more precisely, make them turn against a studio) in record time

S2 felt bloated with characters because of 3v3 format. Made for uninteresting characters that lacked development.

/m/'s always had a love/hate thing for sunrise.
But they really love them whether they want to admit it or not.

Pretty much this. S2 really needed more than 6 months of rushed production and most of its problems stem from that.

S2 just needed to keep S1's staff and add a cameo of a poorly disguised Reiji and Aila. Those two things alone would've made it 3 times better.

I know, but the 180 turn and the incessant whining /m/ had during Try's run was pitiful if not pathetic in a way

In summary it is pretty much "BAWWW stop trying to sell Gunpla to filthy casuals and kids and pander to us and us alone!!!". I can understand /m/'s grievance but them keep on watching it despite how much they hated it makes them look like a bunch of whiny /m/asochists

Even then, they'd need more competent staff and an actual budget

The OST is elder-God tier
youtu.be/mO7FDs_q_og

S1 is great. S2 is flawed and the characters were pretty bland but it's watchable and never bored me, plus it had some good episodes. At least it was better than G-Reco.

Still mad at how they ruined the perfectly fine Exia Amazing into Edgia.

Both of those are still a result of the rushed production. The thing that really threw off the series is the director change, which was a result of S1's director already being commited to working on G-reco and unable to return for an unexpected S2. And then they hired Shinya Watada to direct Try and he is just awful. Easily one of the worst directors in anime.

>At least it was better than G-Reco
I actually gained an appreciation for it after a rewatch. I was really hard on it the first time around but I felt it flowed better when you marathon it.

S1 - Great, needed less build knuckle
S2 - Meh, dropped after the first cour, had too much 1v1, not enough Fumina, and I didn't like Seikai

Is that the one with the guy who was just way better than everyone right from the start?

>S1
watch it all
>S2
watch it for the girls

So most anime protagonists?

>dropped after the first cour
>not enough Fumina,

Then you missed out on Star Winning and Super Fumina.

I enjoyed both but Try was definitely lacking.
well, Try gave me the biggest boners of my life with Fumina so I guess that's a plus.
Who's the character designer for this series anyway? They're pretty gud.

>Who's the character designer for this series anyway? They're pretty gud.

Kenichi Ohnuki and Suzuhito Yasuda according to Wikipedia.

Reminder that we're getting the Try OVA first and it will most likely release in August based on the new gunpla release dates.

This. It wasn't so bad but it was obviously less enjoyable after just getting off GBF

Loved both

Mecha fan service
Excellent fap material

That said TRY wasn't as good, but still very watchable.

I want more.

So Gundam, basically?

>Suzuhito Yasuda
Of course. Had to be him.

Every time a Build Fighter thread pops up I have to go rewatch the Fellini, Aila and Meijin (Setsuna) fight. This anime is so good.

It gave the best modeling advice.

>Use spraycans in a small enclosed room!

Okay Sunrise.

Not a problem: just use masks.

Have fun having the spray settle over everything in the room.

CHICKEN HOW ARE YOU

Honestly, none of the girls of Try were anything special in terms of character, so it basically all comes down to looks.

And in that department, I give it to Fumina.

10/10 and 7/10

G-reco 6/10 IBO 7/10

>Both GBF are most likely kid friendly show
>girls' design are semen demon tier
What the fuck

Yasuda.

Do you not watch many kids tournament anime? There are a ton with semen demon designs.

S1 is 7/10 max, 2 is 4/10 max, G-Reco is 7/10 max and IBO is garbage/10

FTFY

>At least it was better than G-Reco.
Thank fuck I stopped caring about Sup Forumss opinion about mecha anime

>G-reco 6/10 IBO 7/10

>S1
A celebration of franchise and its staple Gunpla that can appeal to hardcore fans and newbies alike thanks to its good cast and exciting battles that remind people why we liked Gundam to begin with after the wreck which was AGE

>S2
Generic tournament anime with none of the appeal of the first season except more waifus. Whereas S1 was all about having fun S2 ironically takes itself too seriously with its wangst and the once exciting battles are just repeated repetition of Jegan How Are You?

S1 is great and needs more like that
S2 is mediocre and should probably be forgotten

also best girl (best seiyuu as well)

>Gundam Build S1
One of the few times I actually had fun watching gundam.
>S2
Didn't finish it, got kinda boring.

Try became bloated with a 3v3 format that mean rivals barely got any characterization or decent fights, and the main character got a half assed upgrade

Only /m/ liked that show, kinda annoying they had to make threads in Sup Forums every week when they can just keep it in /m/.

Fuck, MJP had actual Sup Forums following it.

At least s2 was better than beginning g.

No it wasn't.

TRY Fighters was a shameless cashgrab by Sunrise.

writers didn't want to do a 3-member setup; Sunrise made them do it so they could sell 3x moar gunpla kits

animation was done quick and dirty which is why fights generally consisted of overly repetitious stock attack footage

Sei was supposed to be amazing since he was doing the whole gundam kung-fu thing from G Gundam, yet it never really comes across that Sei is becoming one with his Gundam except for that OH MAN HE'S GENERATING SO MANY PLAVKSY PARTICLES shit (once again thanks to stock footage meaning he never evolves beyond spamming "Punch" and "Kick" like Naruto spams Rasengan)

Bloated the cast something fierce. While a few characters were okay, a lot were just completely forgettable. Forced rivalries everywhere.

Try was garbage because of Sekai

>hype up a contender
>they are literally jobber-tier next episode
>forgotten throughout the remaining cour

I can never forgive that Crossbone episode.

Exia Amazing had that fight with F91. That was satisfying enough for me.

Nah, it was garbage because of Sunrise jew execs rushing the sequel to get more gunpla shekels because of S1's success and positive reception
explains it very well

>Sei

I couldn't give a shit about the anime but it did make some cool gunpla kits

Fumina is getting a plamo character bust.

>Can't we just print the eyes on the face plate?
>NEVER. It MUST be made using plastic injection technology!

Good. Makes them a lot easier to paint when they're a seperate piece and bandai's part fit is generally great so no real gap between the parts.

Who the fuck cares about bust?

S1 was really good, if you didn't look at how many times they abuse BUILD KNUCKLE

S2 had promise, but then JIGEN HOWAREYOU kept being spammed every fucking episode. For a martial artist, Sekai sure didn't do a whole lot of it. Best thing about it was surprise Domon, and Shia being cute as fuck.