Cookie-cutter one dimensional characters

>Cookie-cutter one dimensional characters
>Below average 2D animation
>Dance scenes in shitty 3D
>All songs sound the same

Is this supposed to be a joke? How did it get so popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=400781
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doujins.

No, really.

The songs and the characters came first, then the anime

Lesbians sells.

Shipping probably

People like dykes

Maybe because it's good?

You are now aware that it was a popular franchise before it got an anime.

Normies (especially females) liked the anime, not us.

>especially females
I find this hard to believe.

Apparently it's true just like K-On but I would guess the most hardcore are still male.

Around 50% of the LL fan base is female

It's comfy nigger

>decent humor
>nice voice acting
>doujins
>more light hearted than iM@S
There you go

OP is probably an im@sfag who got salty because their dying franchise is getting overshadowed.

Don't get me wrong, I like im@s too.

What's the deal with iM@S anyway? So there's the original 765, which I didn't like much, then Cinderella Girls, which was better, and then there's another generation of new girls? There won't be another season with the 765 girls?

That reminds me, why the hell are the songs involving sub-units and duos usually way better than the larger group songs? This is bullshit.

>normies

You have no right talking about "us"

It's just like what they're doing with Muse. There's a new group every few years to keep the idol train rolling.

Million Live might get an anime at some point.

I actually watched this anime with full expectations to be disappointed and found it not so terrible.

Not the best, but neither the worst thing out there. It was fine with them wanting to get better and save their school, kinda got week by the end.

About the game it's mobileshit, who cares.

How gay is Million Live?

Didn't someone wanted to make a cross over Idol fighting game?

>Around 50% of the LL fan base is female *or identifies as female*
fixed.
all sorts of trans-whatever when I went to see the movie.

That would help to explain the popularity of the "trans-Rin" theory.

How could they? I mean Rin is clearly a girl.

For fucks sake

>lesbian sells
2/10

The proof is in the pudding.

Canon lesbians don't generally sell though. People need to resort to subtext shit to make yuri work.

Worst pairing. Rin as a tomboy belongs with one of her male childhood friends.

Yes basically made up shit from Yurifags. The only probable lesbian in Love Live was Nozomi, and that is just because she goes around touching girls (why does she get away with it?)

She doesn't have any. Hanayo is her only friend so it makes sense.

Tumblrtards believe that there is no such thing as tomboys. If a girl has short hair, likes sports, and wears shorts she clearly wants to be a man. Same thing with male characters that crossdress or look girly. It's pretty sexist if you think about it, which is very ironic.

I'm not, I'm not even an idolfag so I decided to watch this over Idolmaster since it doesn't have the shitty producer self insert character.

Except Rin's episode clearly showed she wants to be a girl.

When I initially watched Love Live I was supposed to remain neutral while watching it, as I only watched it because I heard it was the top selling show of the season. While I liked it, it wasn't until season 2 when I really began to love the series.

What was it before the anime? A Mobage?

a series of CDs and animated music videos.

Reminder that 51,000 people showed up at a love-live concert in Tokyo last week.

this franchise is unstoppable now

reminder that 51,000 people showed up for the concert in Tokyo last week.

This franchise is unstoppable now!

The mobage (School idol festival) started after the anime. It's probably the source of 99% of female fans.

Before then it was a reader contribution project of a girly mag where you could vote on various things like music videos and who would be in the center of the next single or sub-units.

It's the Japanese Idol equivalent of Gorillaz

Instead of having 9 idols appearing on stage, they had 9 idols appear as animated characters in music videos. The videos became popular enough that they made an anime. The anime actually shows shot by shot how some of the music videos were 'made' and why

pana has a great body

Is it under the name of Love Live or another name?

Love Live School Idol Project.

In case you're trying to find them, open wide for the choo-choo train
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=400781

Thanks! I was going to look for them eventually.

There are some great songs
Rin is cute

Once you get over the instinctive repulsion to CG you can appreciate that the dances are 50% drawn, and well. Their mouths and lip syncing is detailed for a TV anime.

It's pretty amazing they had the resources to design outfits, choreography, write a song, and animate a raibu every odd episode even if they had to resort to CG for the parts with multiple characters. It couldn't have been cheap to make the anime.

I was kind of wondering if Sunshine was going to hit a bit of a roadblock after the most recent sub-unit single had kind of blah sales for a Love Live disc and then I saw the images of the Sunshine event and figuredo here we go again. It strikes me that's far too many people to cram into that narrow a location on a blistering hot weekend

There is a mobile game that's pretty popular that it's based off of.

Yeah. The creator of Blazblue who works with Arc-Sys wanted to make an iM@S x Love Live fighting game. Not too huge on BlazBlue, but he did work on Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax which I liked a lot.

Well season 2 was better in every way compared to season 1.

Snow Halation is still the best.
Mogyutto is probably second.