Genuinely Unpopular Opinions

Post opinions you have that are actually extremely unpopular and gain you ridicule whenever posting them on Sup Forums. That means no fishing for compliments.

>LoGH is a bad show with a terrible ending that is only praised for tackling material and subject matter that is comparatively rare in the medium
>Nausicaa is boring, forgettable and ultimately only "okay" (yes, even the manga)
>Lucky Star is an underappreciated and extremely well-crafted series, and also has one of the most visually appealing art styles of all time

there's something wrong with being gay
t. self hating closeted fag

The last one isn't an unpopular opinion it's just wrong.

Anime is nearly all fluff, as opposed to manga.

Why do faggots have to push their bullshit into everything?

If you feel that way, why did you start watching anime? It's a well-known fact that prolonged anime exposure causes homosexuality in members of both sexes.

Berserk's art is very overrated. I prefer the character designs from the '97 anime, even if this one's cheap too, the overall mood is glorious and the soundtrack is one of the best, improving every scene drastically.

for the ez (You)'s

Fuck off to Sup Forums or Sup Forums if you're not even going to put effort into your bait. I don't want that low test casual trash here.

calm down lad

Dragon Ball Z is the most significant anime of all-time

I really like all of Seo's works, even Kimi no Iru Machine.

Appraised =/= overrated

That's a popular opinion on here.

My unpopular opinion is that there's nothing wrong with it at all even if it's not the gender you're attracted to, and only brain dead retards have a problem with homo or yuri in their anime. There's barely any aesthetic difference between het kissing and gay kissing in anime. Like for example, in SSY the character designs are too generically attractive for someone to whine about gross homos to justify dropping it.

Here's my opinion.

>Wrong.
>Wrong, in fact, Naussica is probably my favorite Ghibli movie
>It was fun, that's about it.

He said unpopular opinions, not opinions.

Madoka is boring

There hasn't been anything wrong with using VLC for years now

Ghibli is a Japanese Disney clone, the only people who suck their dicks are weeaboos who worship everything from grorious nippon

Using the word "comfy" to praise a show is worse than using the word "meme" to insult it

Well it is overrated. Not saying it's bad though but it's mainly a lot of refinement (with stokes), the technical side is not that impressive (not saying it's bad either but Inoue is better and so are other mangaka).

Gundam is bad and has always been bad.

Ika Musume is shit-tier SOL, and Yotsuba! isn't that much better.

I actually don't really like anime all that much. I live in Hawaii, so I'm surrounded by fucking weeaboos who keep trying to push their shit anime on me. Some of my friends have already fallen, and answer the phone with "moshi moshi."

They constantly watch shit tier anime, and refuse to watch anything that isn't complete shonen shit or yaoi bait. This, combined with the weeaboos from college and the shitposting from here, has caused me to begin disliking anime.

Miura should take as much time as he needs with Berserk. I'd rather wait a decade or two and have it be great than have him half ass it just to get it finished.

If you don't like anime then why the fuck are you on a board dedicated to it?

People need to post more Keit-ai

Is it just the character designs you don't like? Surely you can acknowledge his talent at drawing even if the art isn't really your thing.

I like SAO part 1. In fact, I think the anime did a better job than the Light Novels because it added the side stories which gave the world more depth. I felt that the romance aspect was handled nicely, mostly because it actually progressed and did not turn into a harem like a lot of people call it. Mainly because he did end up choosing a girl, and mid-series which a lot of series can't say because who the main character ends up with is probably the only thing keeping people from dropping the series in a lot of cases. In fact, I think it only gets a lot of flack because it was a gateway anime for a lot of people, and once being told it wasn't good by elitists, they decided to hop on the train too to pretend like they know any better.
I also think at least half the people who hate the show haven't even watched it. At which point, they can't even criticize it.

I think the Macross series has gotten better over time rather than become crap like most Macross fans think. On top of that, Macross 7 is my favorite.

Chuunibyou season 1 was really good and I think how it ended was perfect.

I think anybody who actually sits down and tries to make cases on why 'x girl will win' based on their own interpretations, real world 'experience,' and their 'logic' are beyond saving.

Is that unpopular? I thought it was common knowledge that manga is generally superior except in some cases.
SoL, Comedy, Mecha, and some harems are way better as anime. Everything else is infinitely superior as a manga with some exceptions.

I think an unfinished Berserk would be better than a horribly ended Berserk.

Same goes for pretty much everything.

>>Nausicaa is boring, forgettable and ultimately only "okay" (yes, even the manga)

Never saw the movie but you're right about the manga. One of the most overrated manga ever. I regret buying it.

Not him but manga, Nip news, and occasional anime series I may enjoy.

Literally kill yourself you deluded retard. Thank god a woman would never mate with you.

Too late for that to be right. But thanks for the thought.

The anatomy is really weird at times, and I think the flaws particularly stand out in his art maybe because of the overdetailing.

Yeah he's good even if he's not as good as the normal people think he is (at drawing). Some of his panel are still marvelous though, like during the Eclipse the nightmarish things, or others.

As for the "not normal people" i.e. the people a bit educated in drawing, I see some that take him for model and a few that agree with me. I find that weird, his flaws are really visible when you know where to see.

Kyoani is garbage and almost everything they do is shit.
Mouryou no Hako is one of the best anime ever made.
Fafner Exodus is the best mecha made since Turn a Gundam.

Most anime that Sup Forums considers pretentious are actually good and not very pretentious

Is he still wanking to idolmaster or he moved to something else?

>are beyond saving.
Saving for what? I do that all the time and live a full healthy lifestyle.

Regardless of whether or not you're just fishing for (You)'s, I'm actually starting to believe that for all Sup Forums's complaining, Reddit is actually a better place to discuss anime. The general level of discourse here gets lower with each passing day. I can only filter and report so many shitty threads.

Glasslip is not as bad as people make it out to be, there are far worse shows airing every season

1 ultra-autist shitting up meguca threads =/= Sup Forums.

You're the reason Sup Forums is bad to begin with.

I don't recall saying anything about Madoka threads.

So leave?

>Chuunibyou season 1 was really good and I think how it ended was perfect.

i actually agree with this, season 2 is boring as shit and i was only watching it for more DESS chan.

Anime was not a mistake

Did I give you permission to reply to my post?

Berserk is boring and appeals only to edgelords

Elaborate.

>not watching for more Mori Summers

But I agree, Chuuni S1 was good, S2 was just shit.

I'm an easy to please guy, so I appreciated SAO part 1 for what it had to offer... but still I can't agree with you here. I don't know for the LNs but the side story in the anime were a fucking pain.

1. The rhythm was MOTW-like (without the episodic intensity that such a model can provide), which was very unfitting for such a story and made it unpleasant to follow.

2. All those "MOTW" episode were random side stories unrelated in any way to the point. The fucking point that is... what was it already, get out from the game? That was vague to define what he should do, so he did nothing worth noting I see. Worth thing is that he DID made a harem through those eps. That was a ridiculous sight even if he ended with the other bitch.

3. The romance was, again, killing the pacing, in my opinion it was unwelcome, naive and bad. The virtual child was even worse, and it served nothing.

4. The minotaurus fight was meh. The action animation was minimal, if not cut from the sceen. The melodrama at some point was cringeworthy as hell. And a lot more to say.

In comparison, for the unpopular opinion, I'd say that the part 2 (of season 1, so ALO) was way better as a fun/entertaining anime than the first part, and since SAO can't aim higher than to be fun (at its best) then it's simply better.

The fight were better (the aerial fight with Eugene had its great parts), the plot followed well even if kinda easy. Imo the world-setting with races and all was much more interesting as a concept, but still unexploited. The fantasy mood was nice. The end fight in the dome was kinda intense, still the ending was shit. But the problematic seemed more interesting, related to the bad use of information or something like that with their stored brains, I don't remember that much.

You didn't give me permission to make you mad either, but I did that anyway.

Why dont you like Yotsuba?

>manga is generally better than anime
>except in the case of four out of five most common anime genres

Porco Rosso is and always will be the best thing ever animated by a human being

>janny can't handly my opinion

Looks like I win the thread.

Brb, rebooting router.

You're trying too hard.

Monogatari is what every anime should aspire to be.
Evangelion being a trainwreck is what makes it great and thematically interesting despite being objectively shit.
Highschool DxD is the worst ecchi show ever.
Tatami Galaxy is a boring piece of shit and Ping Pong isn't a masterpiece.
Gundam, Fate and Ghost in the Shell series are absolute trash.
Only good Kyoani shows are Hyouka and Tamako.
Trap threads should move to homo board.
Hating loli is a sin that deserves punishment.

I agree that a large portion of people who read it are "edgelords" who are only in for the blood and rape. The kind of people who spam rape horse everywhere and want Guts to go back to the black swordsman days.
But behind all the edge is some truly good writing, with some great character development, an incredibly creative fantasy world with a huge amount of detail and forsight thrown into every chapter.

Yes, they're common because they transition well to the anime medium and are easy to adapt. They're generally low budget with minimal animation. The times it goes outside of those genres tend to have garbage adaptions, as they're much longer and more complex. Are you that stupid? Did you think that's just how anime was?

Manga is extremely varied and more in depth than anime because there aren't as many limitations. Of course it does have its own cons as well, and I could list those off if you want.

>nip news
Why the fuck would you use Sup Forums for this?

Glasslip wasn't as bad as it was as fun to watch as watching paint dry.

Sup Forums is the best source for news. Anything I'd care to hear will be posted here.

i want to get into my hero academia since it's japan's take on the superhero genre, but i can't. It's a bunch of teens in a highschool setting, which means any potential tropes/cliches/ niches might center around that...well i don't know really.

out of all the things you can come up with, why does it have to be teens in highschool..

I think both Hellsing Ultimate and Gonzo anime are perfectly enjoyable.

The only good Monogatari show is Bakemonogatari. The rest are shit.

It's a stupid concept anyway, given that the equivalent of the super hero genre in Japan is battle shounen like Dragon Ball and HnK.

Thank you.
PR is the only Miyazaki movie I enjoyed.

Go watch Tiger & Bunny or anything, BnHA isn't "Japan"'s take on superhero genre, it's one Shounen Jump author take on it (and it's good as it is you should still try it, especially the anime is great imo).

Zetman is nice too as an hero manga.

Sure there is worse than Glasslip, way worse. The reason Glasslip gets so much hate is because people where expecting at least *something* out of it, especially after the success of Nagi No Asukara. Instead Glasslip was a whole lot of *nothing*.

Is liking Helsing unpopular all of a sudden?

Gahara is a shit.

So your point is what, that the manga that don't get adapted are better than the anime that would have been made out of them if they had been adapted? That's not really the same thing.

Also, I'd like to point out that for mecha is often animation-heavy and fairly long.

I dont see anything wrong with this statement. Whoever doesn't enjoy Hellsing Ultimate lacks the fun gene.

I think Hellsing Ultimate is unenjoyable, very dumb and kinda ugly visually espcially the frequent CGI.

So who has the unpopular opinion here?

Here's my unpopular opinion - there is nothing wrong with teens in high school, and people should stop bitching about it. Same goes for 99% of the cliches people love to rag on.

>So leave?
Nah. Just because I'm critical of this place doesn't mean I dislike it enough to leave.

>Trap threads should move to homo board.
They should, but good luck convincing the worthless moderators to move their fat fucking sausage-fingers.

Liking Gonzo anime is unpopular here from what I saw. I just mentioned Ultimate to not look like someone who thinks it's shit.

I'm hate yuri because I consider it NTR to me because the girls don't love me but each other.

Do people not like Hellsing Ultimate? I only watched it recently and I've never bothered to gauge Sup Forums's opinion, but I liked it. Admittedly it's not the sort of series I'd take seriously and it peaked early, but it was still fun.

Liking Hellsing has been unpopular for ages. Liking Hellsing Ultimate has never been unpopular and still isn't.

Great contribution user.
Liking both Hellsing anime is rare, I think that's what he's saying.
Hellsing Ultimate is "just turn your brain off and enjoy" kind of fun, if that's not your thing then I can totally understand why you wouldn't like it.

I unironically like Keit-ai and believe it's next level shitposting.

No, that isn't my point at all. The anime is merely limited and generally doesn't portray a percentage of what the manga does. If anime had better budget and less limitations it would be better, hands down.

And yes, Mecha is easily the worst manga genre. In fact I've never read a mecha manga to completion aside from Bokurano. I'm not saying anime is bad. I've watched hundreds of series and I enjoy a lot of it. Manga is simply better and more varied except in the rare cases the anime has a budget higher than 10 fucking dollars.

YuYuYu blew Madoka out of the water.

How deep can we go?

Gataries overstayed it's welcome.
It should've been s1 and vampire story. Everything else didn't need to be adapted.

I think .hack//sign is superior to every "Isekai" or "Stuck in an MMO" anime made since.

Why are you so understandable, I'll blush.

I liked TTGL though.

I think video games are better than anime.

You should kill yourself. It's overused and annoying as fuck.
It's just copy pasta shit with it being edited sometimes. Absolute garbage and I hope you choke on the next dick you suck.

There's nothing wrong with teens as long as it's not romance. It will be a cold day in hell before I give a fuck about the drama in a kid's love life, it's absurd that we're supposed to take it seriously when everyone knows shit that seemed like a big deal when you were 14 seems unimportant when you're older.

>Manga is simply better and more varied except in the rare cases the anime has a budget higher than 10 fucking dollars.
I agree with this, it's incredibly rare to find an anime series that is better than the manga. 9/10 the manga is much better. I think the problem lies in lack of funding in the anime industry, leading to less risks taken and a tendency of producing the anime as primarily an advertisement for the source material.

First of all, I actually have read Berserf (not all the way to be up to date, but yeah) and I just can't get into it. I really want to get into it since most people I know, the people I watch on YouTube and people here can't seem to get enough of it, but it feels so edgy. The blood and the gore and shit are only there to be there I feel.
To be honest I feel it might be because I went in with different expectations than what it ended up being.
I just feel like I'm missing out on something everyone else enjoys. I don't know if I'm not seeing an important element or something, but it just feels like what'd happen if an edgy kid got a hold of the rights to a classic medieval fantasy series à la Lord of the Rings and decided to make it gritty and hardcore.
I just want to be part of the kool kids klub

>understandable
understanding

People hate that I Love this Scheming Cunt

>They can stay mad

It's called suspension of disbelief, user. Shit that wouldn't be a big deal in 3D can be a big deal in 2D, that's one of the wonders of fiction. If you really discount things on those grounds, you're missing out on a whole lot of media.

That's exactly what it is. The anime is just an advertisement. Not to say the anime can't be better than the manga, because I can list of a while bunch right now are better. Most are comedy/SoL though.

I can't stand anything related to FMA. I don't like the manga and both anime series.

It's not that I think it's bad, it's just things like the characters, the designs, the setting, the dialogues, etc are all unappealing to me.

The Fate series has the worst anime/VN fanbase.

Regardless of what you think of the anime industry in general, the reason anime adaptations are worse than the manga is because adaptations in general are usually not as good as the source.