Is there any anime out there more important than Evangelion? I can't think of any

Is there any anime out there more important than Evangelion? I can't think of any.

I agree that Akira is an important anime, but let's be real
Eva is far better in terms of story, character, and overall message

Gundam

Reminder that Neon Genesis Evangelion is just an autistic worse version of Mobile Suit Gundam and Space Runaway Ideon. Anyone who says it is a "deconstruction" has only seen less than 10 other animes, all of which were made after 2000. Everything that Evangelion is known for was done better 15 years earlier by the master Tomino. The only reason Eva became popular is because it pandered more to pervert pedophiles (most anime fans, especially Sup Forums.) Evangelion is the go-to anime for newfag plebs. They say it has "deep" characters but they really only like it because the 14 year olds show a lot of skin. A big difference between Gundam and Eva is that 0079 has one of the best endings in anime history and Evangelion has not one, but two of the worst.

Why do you mean by important?
Dragonball z is probably the most well known.
Astroboy made made the foundations and mainstream
Fist of the north star spawned several anime and genres
Studio ghibli is probably the most praised
etc

I think someone is hating because eva became popular
and Jesus Chirst, if you're oversexualizing eva that's your own creepy fault.
can you say hipster?

If he was a hipster he'd change it to something like Gigantor or Gold Raitan

Gundam, it deconstructed the mecha genre (super robot at the time) and defined the first guidelines for the real robot genre.

Literally everything else.

Stay in reddit

Tomino did it first, Anno did it better.

It's a pasta user.

>important
>better

Teach me how to read senpai

Astro Boy and Gundam come close.

So is mine...

Dragon Ball.

Some people may not like it, but the western world could have kissed anime goobye if it wasn't for DB becoming popular in the nineties.

No it isn't, quit with your ellipsis bullshit and fuck off.

>.hack//SIGN has a better soundtrack then NGE.

this probably

or this

EOE

> important
This word is meaningless in this case.

You can easily find reasons that make Yamato or Macross more important than Evangelion. Anno himself would name something different, and not just because of his modesty.

Mighty Atom
Gundam
Sailor Moon
Dragonball
Pretty much every Studio Ghibli movie
Yu-Gi-Oh
Akira
Fist Of The North Star

>come close
Astro boy was the first modern anime you retard.