Is there a God Sup Forums? I'm trying to believe, I want to believe...

Is there a God Sup Forums? I'm trying to believe, I want to believe, but my square mind is just too materialistic enough for such things.

Just saw this video (youtu.be/3C9yvEOT45I) which basically unites Paganism and Christianity in a sense, and I must say that for the first time in a long time, it spoke to me. But still how can I know if a thing is real or not without any actual proof?

I want to believe Sup Forums, I truly want. Belief gives a lot of meaning and inspiration to life, something that I severely lack at the moment.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6B4CDE5EAF259A20
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>our lady of fatima events
>Saint padre pio
These are two of the many happenings of last century, look them up

Briefly, consider Descartes as a simple point of departure. If the only sure thing you have is that you exist, if ONLY you exist, you ARE God. Look around. Do you want to take the credit for all this? I didn't think so.

No one can say for sure. But it's astronomically unlikely. You'd pretty much have to be somewhat insane to presume the was one.

There is a God and he's a Rabbi

When you're dead, only you exist.

Never mind. God is a Rabbi

>is there a God
yes.

the universe created itself and in turn everything in it, save for the creations of man.

therefore, the universe itself is God.

you can not refute this fact.
you're welcome.

pure wickedness straight from the mouth of the serpent

watch:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6B4CDE5EAF259A20

Old Testament God was a Rabbi, indeed.

t. marcionism

>actual proof?
What is actual proof?
I can assure you it is not the box into which the materialists put you and tell you are not allowed to leave from.
Read Plato's Republic, even better do it among the ruins of Athens.
You were also lucky enough to be born Greek, read it in it's original language.
I don't think I could ever take a materialist seriously (in a philosophical sense) after read Republic.
Who is the unknown God that Socrates is searching for?
Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis.
Why I am a Catholic, by G.K. Chesterton.
The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
These three men had a tremendous respect for the pagan spirit which searched for answers but found none with their pagan myths.
Why did the pagans search even when all seemed hopeless, when none could save them from spiritual death?
They saw objective good in the world, they "knew" or they felt how things should be, they had an inkling of what the world really was and they knew there was something, some divine truth lost in their myths that they needed to keep sacred and build upon.
Christianity is a sufficient basis for Man to rest upon, no other philosophy or religion is sufficient like Christianity.

If you think Paganism and Christianity can be tied, read 'The Everlasting Man' by G.K. Chesterton.
Christianity acknowledges divine truth in paganism, and seeks to answer the divine questions that burn in the heart of man.

yes

>But still how can I know if a thing is real or not without any actual proof?

That's why its called "faith". You never know. You make a leap of faith based on intuition, sense and feeling, not concrete observations. Not rationality or reason.

Keep nurturing your faith, eventually you'll be able to make the leap, and your life will be all the better for it.

Also, read Plato.

But Christianity doesn't make sense to me. Man existed for hundreds of thousands of years, but Jesus Christ only showed up 2000 years ago, which is nothing in front of mankind's history. Christianity is like a newborn baby on our timeline, it spread through war and deceit and is already dying 2000 years later.

From all the possible religions in the world, the Abrahamic ones are the least possible to be true in my opinion. At least in their pure form. Current understanding of Christianity has MUCH to do with Paganism's worldview and tradition.

To the best of my understanding. Jesus didn't even exist. Early versions of the bible refer to him on as a "revelation". Basically someone had a vision of him as a guy who lived in the astral plane and didn't exist on earth. That shit got added in much later.

Lines up with the romans having no records of anyone like jesus being alive at the time he was meant to even they they recorded fucking everything.

Regardless, Jesus not existing does not prove God does not exist.

>But still how can I know if a thing is real or not without any actual proof?
just like you know anything about anything
sci "proof" is a big misnomer
sci method:

>observations of appearances + reasonings based on assumptions ---> predictive models
zero knowledge about reality guaranteed

what do you know? how do you know?
you cant prove the existence of anything through the sole use of the sci method, you've been lied to and you bought the farm
you can drop this movie

Well if Jesus didn't exist, then all of Christianity is false.

About God, how do you come to believe in him? What convinced you of his existence? "Just belief" is not an answer, there must have been a reason people started believing to him. And if God is just the universe and nothing more, why is he worth worshipping?

>Read Plato's Republic, even better do it among the ruins of Athens.
mynigguh

>About God, how do you come to believe in him?
I don't. I'm a stone cold atheist.

Belief in God is a necessary evil in healthy and effective cognitive development. If you're an intellectual and defy that there is a God to the extreme, OP pic is what you become: a retarded mental cannibal.

>HURRRR LETS TAKE A BUNCH OF QUOTES ABOUT JUDAISM OUT OF CONTEXT

I like hitler as much as the next pollack but seriously fuck off with the tired antisemitism

>out of context
like you could drum up a context to make these quotes look any better, shlomo

>Belief in God is a necessary evil in healthy and effective cognitive development.
GOD IS A RABBI YOU LUNATIC!

Im not jewish, ive never been in the idf. Sick of that. Context relies on the background of those individuals too. Trust me i am a huge nazi but to cherrypick a few quotes from random rabbis is beyond stupid. You would freak out if someone did the same with the pedophile in chief pope

Jesus was a Rabbi. Read the bible you faggot Catholic pedo

>Trust me i am a huge nazi
Sure thing, Spencer

Χερε φιλε

The gods are everywhere friend. i understand why you dont like christianity. Greek polytheism is nothing like they've taught us.
If you are interested and want to learn watch
hellenismostv on youtube. Their videos are good and accurate.

I sing deutschland uber alles every day who the fuck are you to question my credentials i have been on pol aince 2011

I will. Thank you brother.

i read the quotes after you commented on them
good luck making up a context that negates what they're saying in such a straightforward, unequivocal way

I was once exactly like you.
Feel free to ask anything you want and good luck

Ok, to be brutally honest, I've considered myself a paganist for years now. I just have so long to get a sign or some shit that I'm beginning to wonder if it's even worth it. What if it's all in the mind? Are there really supernatural powers out there?

What bothers you about being an atheist? What's so bad about just not believing?

If you do not wholeheartedly recognize the gods, i doubt you are a pagan. Its a long journey.

Forget this whole "supernatural" nonsense. What you see around you is prove of the gods. Nature and life. Zeus is victory and fury, Aphrodite love, Ares bravery, Apollo virtue etc.

Signs are not really important to me, but if that helps you. The day i bought a statue of Zeus, i had a dream, in which i entered a building and heard a godlike voice telling me : "i will guide you"
But i understand where you are coming from. It took me almost 1 year to accept the gods

since im a diaspora fag i cant help you, but depending on where you live there should be some pagan groups

atheism comes from the logical conclusion that christianity is nonsense. It has no answer on the pagan worldview though.

>It has no answer on the pagan worldview though.
That wasn't my question. But atheism presumes pagan Gods are nonsense too.

>Is there a God Sup Forums? I'm trying to believe, I want to believe, but my square mind is just too materialistic enough for such things.
Download and read Euthyphro of Plato, and read Aristotle

this

There are pagan groups nearby and I have joined in multiple rituals of theirs. I just don't get that if there is nothing supernatural about the Gods and if they are just personifications of nature/man, then what's the point in worshipping/believing in them?

by honoring them they will help you in your life

The void. The cold grasp of death. Of nothingness, not even darkness, because even darkness is something.

Time is non-existent when you're dead, so in a way, when a second passes after death, or a century passes, they're both one and the same. Therefore, when you die, the whole universe dies with you....

Obviously this wouldn't literally, but it might as well.

I fucking hate being an atheist. I was since childhood... Not believing is painful, at least for me...

So there is something supernatural going on.

Former atheist, I believe in god as the totality of observable forces, including the force of consciousness. Completely boundless, non-human, non-biological, that which interpenetrates all and Supra-personal.

No sky daddy, but if you feel like it's just humanity vs world and that's all there is, you're delusional