Explain this christfags

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple."

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/maps/primary/gthomas.html
youtu.be/VjEqoltgSQE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"Do not think I came to bring peace. I came to bring a sword"

Christfags are mostly shills senpai. They hate kek and want the board to focus on christ cuz hes a false idol of the demiurge aka the kike god.

Give her the D

Christian family values sure are great.

Written when most of the world was still pagan. Announcing to your family that you had become a Christian could get you disowned

God is the most important of course.

It means if you care too much about being disavowed by your Jewish parents and siblings too much to be a devout Christian, then you can fuck off to Hell, is how I understand it.

As it should be - coalburners are a disgrace, be it of the flesh or the soul.

if your family doesnt want to be saved dont get doomed with them

just because youre autistic doesnt mean he was. Not everything is literal.

are you talking about reviewbrah?

From an earlier gospel no doubt, before the storygot cleaned up. Check out Bart Ehrman videos on YouTube.

Also: see the Gospel of Thomas - kind of weird, but has more of this ugly Christianity in it - makes me think it's got roots in truth.

pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/maps/primary/gthomas.html

Well, Lefty/pol/ if you read the Bible you'd understand what was meant.
sage in all fields

This. It's obvious if you spend 2 seconds thinking about the context

God is Satan and Satan is God. Solved! xD

that's kinda why I became christian
I hate this world and everything in it.

Christianity is hardcore. Don't think you can half ass it. It takes literally everything you have. And honestly, how could the salvation of the world require anything less?

poor translation. Better translation is if you love your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters more than me, you cannot be my disciple.

>you have to rebel against your own society otherwise you're not a christian guyz
No
Also, you took that completely out of context you no-doubt homosexual.
Fags and Jews are always the posters of these anti-christian threads.
Faggots use the victim-status the Jew media gave them to excuse them while they openly try to destroy everything Christian.
Fags are just as evil and subversive as Jews and must be banned from all societies.

> atheists
> thinking

kek, a bunch of talentless hacks, only a narcissist would pit themselves against God. That is what ultimately lies beneath the narcissist, a hatred of father, projected onto the universe.

Literally a shitty translation
The better one is "if one puts his mother father wife children etc before me he is not worthy of me"
Basically you can't put anything in place of God, even your family

Makes some sense yet
>"Honor your father and mother"
>fuck them if they aren't Christian

>hate

Yeah. Meaning of words change. Think of "despise," as in hold things of the world less valuable than things of the spirit.

Where can you find it written differently?

one of the other 50 translations probably.

And which would you consider most legitimate?

in english, probably the Ignatius bible

You cant love your family compared to the fear of the lord
Tip harder faggot

>putting a God that may or may not exist before the people who have raised you and are closest to you

Not "fuck them if they aren't christian" more like don't let them drag you down, but they're still your parents, so at least have some obligation you ungrateful fuck. Or something like that, I don't care I just hate the lack of even trying to think in these threads.

Dumb Christcucks and Mud Mamas love to add the word "christian" to family values. Little do they know, Christianity is not only anti-white but also anti-family.

What are "traditional Christian" family values?

Like goat fucker Abraham trying to kill his own son? Or Jew Jesus encouraging European women to become degenerate nuns and stop making white babies?

Christianity is a Jewish sect which is now the forerunner of multiculturalism and race mixing.

Pro-White Pagan family values
Multi racial Christian v̶a̶l̶u̶e̶s̶ faggy morals

PICK ONE.

What exactly are "Traditional Christian family values?" Varg explains:
youtu.be/VjEqoltgSQE

Tips Fedora xd

Putting your race and family before (((christ)))? That's heretic goy!

Bottom line: You cannot serve two masters.

You either have faith in your blood or faith in some dead kike on a stick.

Correct

Because the love of God (i.e. the Highest Good that can be conceived) is so singular and powerful and unequivocal as to render every other love mere hatred.

>Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as garbage, in order that I may gain Christ

Joseph, Mary and his wife's son!

Does he shave his cheeks and upper chin but grow out the neck and lower chin on purpose?

Its like a neck curtain

He told Abraham to kill his only begotten son. Abraham woke up the next day and went off to kill his only begotten son.

That's the kind of person Jesus is looking for.

Peter was married, with children, a house, a boat, and a fishing business.

Jesus said to Peter "Follow me, and I will make you a fisher of men."

Peter dropped everything and followed Jesus.

That's what it takes to be a disciple.

This!

Sup Forums is not a degenerate Christian board.

Christ is saying that anyone following Him, making a commitment to the Christian way of life, must love Him more than family and friends, and even life itself. Christ stated, “Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends…I have called you friends” (John 15:13, 15). God demonstrated this love for us in that “…while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Rom. 5:8).

If you become a Christian in a family of non-Christians, with non-Christian friends etc. you won't have to turn your back on them.

If you speak God's truth boldly and live your life for Christ, they'll be the ones to turn their backs on you.

t. user who became a Christian after 30+ years of atheism.

hate is understood differently .. I will look at my Hebrew Greek Study Bible to compare different usages of the word translated as "hate" but I believe in this instance "hate" just means to prefer to follow Christ and not look after your worldly attachments.. to follow Christ first and foremost with no divided focus and not that you express hostility and seek to denigrate your parents because of the Commandment to Honour your Father and your Mother.

>If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple.
Lu:14:26: If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

M't:10:37: He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Col:3:2: Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

First consider the fact that "your" children do not belong to you, everything belongs to God....like it or not. And as stated above it means to Love to a lesser degree than God, not to put anything before God as most people love to do without giving it a second thought.

1Co:6:19: What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

This is one of the most controversial statements in the bible. The word "hate" in this verse does NOT mean to hate as in to not love. It actually means "love less" in this case. The message being relayed from this verse is that people need to put Jesus first in their lives. Jesus is supposed to come before your mom, dad, brothers, sisters, wife/husband, and children. You are supposed to love Jesus more than everyone else in your life. I hope this clears it up for you.

so peter was a hooker?

should have been FPBP