Macross Delta (マクロスΔ)

Sheryl cameo freaking when?

I love Kaname!

No frontier characters in Delta please.

Never. Her story has already ended in Frontier and there's no point of extrapolating it in Delta. It's Freyja's and Walkure's time to shine.

I love Mirage!

I love Freyja!

I love Messer!

I WANNA FUCK HAYATE!

I hate Freyja

The only cameos should be in song form

Cameos of characters always sound like a good idea but are ultimately disappointing

Never. Fuck your nostalgiafaggotry.

Why the hell would she cameo? The only singer who has any reason to cameo in Delta is Milene and even then it should be kept to something simple like a call to Mirage or something.

What would Sheryl be like 25? Jesus Kaname's only 22.

Older hag than old hag

Didn't she die in coma anyway?

Yup. Pretty much Christmas cake age.

Every time I see this pic it reminds me of Swageyama.

Roid's mother.
Now you understand why he wanna "cure" the 30 years life span.

That's the Kings wife and Heinz' mother. Roid isn't related.

Messer plz go.

>double fuck you sign
Good thing this show doesn't have international streaming arrangements or it would have to be censored in Britain.

It'd seem Windemerean woman age way better than men.

Freyja is straight up gangsta son

Shit i misremembered their name, yeah you're right.

now kiss

Somehow Freyja's song in episode 8 is way better when she's the only one singing it, rather than it being sung by Walkure as a group

You know they are going to release it on either the second OST or some vocal collection.

The song was probably made with Minorin's voice in mind. I for one like having multiple versions.

they need to release the album already though

I need cockney meme subs

She's molesting him!

It's not molestation if he wants it

Why you would you use those two fingers of all things? That shit hurts compared to using the pointer finger and middle together instead

That is the index and middle fingers

Delta>DYRL>SDF>7>Frontier>Plus>Zero

So when the fuck are they releasing an acapella version of Northern Cross? That part at the start of Nyan Nyan Final Attack could've and should've been a whole song of its own

I know he is a virgin and on duty, but he wants and needs it.

Frontier's dead and buried, son

SLUT

>Messer/Keith is somehow not selling with the fujos
This shit is shinpi

They like the tension between keith and roid more

They like Keith/Roid more. Just like frontier, they like Micheal/Alto more than Brera/Alto.

Keith pls.

That one chick on animesuki who seems to shit on Mirage all the time and whenever she has meaningful interaction with Hayate or is seen having insecurities she just calls it boring. Its like she was expecting Mirage to be this perfect character. Apparently being weighed down by her family legacy is not compelling for her.

Mirage honestly is pretty dull

Because other than Freyja, Hayate and Mikumo, every other characters feel like a plot device more than character, especially Roid-a character that only for giving Aerial Knights retreat signal+narrating some deep shit, and Mirage-a character for starting other Walkure/Delta squad members development but she seems will never ever getting her own one.

"Dull"? nah she just nothing, because staff never give her anything wroth to let us remember.

Not all characters are ewually important. As much as they are advertised many characters are just side characters

Eh, she's fine when she's doing things other than brooding over her inabilities. Ranka brooding in Frontier didn't really endear herself to anyone either.

Mirage is best when she's doing other things, and her personality comes through. Like at the very start of episode 3 and she still dislikes Hayate, and he's all "I wanna fly" and she gets dat grin.

But unlike Keith and Roid they don't interact outside the pew pew. While Keith and Roid have a manga all for themselves.

I disagree. Delta's character feel fleshed out more, rather frontiers secondary characters who aside from a few, weren't much more than pander bait

>Wanting Kawamori to bring back characters for no reason

Then don't made Mirage like a important character before the show start airing, oh wait her treatment right now is not even side character, just a background character.

I don't think you know what a plot device is. Like if you said Mikumo was one, yeah, I'd probably agree but all the other characters? They have their own role and fill it. They've done a pretty good job of explaining what the characters are about.

Not everybody is gonna have a lot of time dedicated to them

Yeah, this. Outside the secondary characters I only remember Ozma and Brera. In Delta we have Mikumo, Messer, Keith, Roid, Bogue, Herman and now Kaname too. The cast overall feels more fleshed out.

Final boss fight better be a VF dance battle, I'll accept nothing less

You're only thinking like this because Sheryl and Ranka were a lot more even in screentime due to them both being idols. Compare to SDF or 7 where the "third part" of the triangle is also a soldier not directly connected to the main plot, how much screentime were Misa and Gamlin really getting early in the show in the grand scheme of things

Almost all of them just a background for yelling "masaka"/"he's fast"/"Hayate!/Freyja!" etc, of course it's fleshed out.
Even Girls und Panzer is doing better job than Macross Delta.

Yeah Kawamori's handling the large cast way better than what I expected

Misa had episode 6&7 to focus her, plus SDF had 36 episodes and M7 had 49 epiosdes, after 9 episodes it still have 25/40 episodes left, but Macross Delta only have 17 episodes left.

So why did they adopt the ugliest Mercat in the sea anyway?
Seriously what is with that cat's nigger lips?

Yeah. Does anyone even remember Ranka's friend? What did she ever do other than being a big set of tits?

7>SDF>Frontier>Zero>Plus

Can't rank Delta, it hasn't ended yet.

Anyone else think Kaname is extremely cute / attractive? She's the best girl far.

I don't, just like i will forget Mirage's name after this show ends.
Mirage is irrelevant is not a meme.

Messer pls

Be gay for Ranka if I remember things right, and that pink haired shota wanted to fuck her too, and I also remember thinking he was a massive faggot for some reason involving her, and science but I can't really remember what exactly he did

Would this make the king close to 40?

Messerpls, stop listening to your damn bracelet and just ask her to sing live for you already

Luca?
He released his ghosts that absolute madman

SDF was never intended to be longer than 27 episodes. It was extended because of popularity. The cost was the characterization of the main cast as the triangle was artificially extended.

7 is far far faaaar to long for its own good. it's got 20 episodes doing the same thing over and over

Zero=Plus>7> Frontier= SDF

>just ask her to sing live for you already
LEWD

You'd think the Sharon Apple incident would've taught people to stop using Ghosts already

>>Almost all of them just a background for yelling "masaka"/"he's fast"/"Hayate!/Freyja!" etc
I think that's mainly Mirage, not the cast

So first of all, SDF was originally 27 episodes and even considering that, Misa does not get any real screentime outside of one focus episode on Mars until they get kidnapped and even after that, she's not interacting with Hikaru much until like the late teens of the show. I mean put aside SDF wasn't originally supposed to be a triangle of course.

Gamlin was second fiddle to Basara in the whole series and very rarely got to do anything other than be moe for Mylene sometimes until about halfway through

So? Delta will never get more than 26 episodes.
Tell me, with these titles how could Mirage get any developments(i'm not even asking triangle started, just personality development) before half of episodes aired?

It was just the AI

There was already

That Aerial Knights twins also doing this.

>So?
So, so what? Length isn't everything. Length hurt SDF, and it hurt 7. Delta being 26 is chodo ii

What happens if you cut off their rune?

They actually get some actual dialogue every so often though. Not that much but they aren't really major character

Length won't hurt anything, it only hurts when staff don't know what should they do.
Mirage is exactly the character that staff don't know what should they do to her.

Oh and i'm the "Mirage is irrelevant" meme guy, and actually i pretty like her design, it just the staff never give her any moment and even disappear sometimes(remember episode 7 invade scene?), so i won't stop doing this til she have a scene that people agree it's not meaningless.

But now you're talking about just Mirage when the original flow of the conversation was started here as if every character wasn't getting their due which I do not think is true. They all have their roles and serve them well enough. I certainly didn't think Kaname and Messer would have such an important two-part episode and yet here we are.

Mirage just needs more time. If we're in like the 20s and she still feels irrelevant than maybe that would be cause for concern

Was she meaningless in episode 3? Episode 6? This last episode? retard

>t just the staff never give her any moment
You mean "romantic" moments

They've given her many moments between her and Hayate. Just not anything that can be easily used as shipbait. Episode 6 for example really pushed their characters from the vitriolic relationship they previously had

Probably because Frontier was eight years ago and Delta is fresh in your mind. If you went back in time, you'd remember Ozma, Cathy, Bobby, Leon, President Glass, Captain Wilder, Mihael, Luca, Klan, Elmo, Grace, Brera, Nanasa, Mr. Bilrer, those two other chicks in Pixie Squadron, and those three bridge bunnies.

Her main function was just giving Ranka a female friend (and co-worker! She worked at Nyan Nyan) in the first part of the show. She drew Ai-kun, and Luca realized from the sketch that it was a Vajra larva. She got hurt and forced Sheryl to separate from Alto, Mihael, and Ranka in the battle on Frontier so that Sheryl wound up in an emergency shelter singing best song of the series. Painted a picture of Ranka where Ranka looked like Jesus.

Luca stayed on Frontier even when SMS deserted to be with her.

Jellyfish will be the Mirage strikes back episode.

Mirage's treatment is worst one, i can agree with you about others but except her.
>Mirage just needs more time.
From 1-10, how confidence about she can get more time in future episodes?

I know all those characters but only a few really felt like they would stick with me like Ozma, Michel and Klan (and Bobby kind of). They had aspects I remember and felt like the show wanted to do something with.

Like for example biggest thing I remember about the bunnies in Frontier was that one of them wanted the captain. In comparison, the bunnies in Delta serve a funny secondary purpose of being in-show shippingfags who are wrong about everything

I never asking for "romantic" moments.
I'm asking meaningful moments.

But they have had meaningful moments.

From what i see every her moment can replace by Messer.

Ie, you do want romantic moments

Her talk on the beach with Freyja and Hayate in episode 5 couldn't have worked with anyone else since they're not Zentraedi and the entire point of their bonding in episode 6 was trying to prove Messer wrong about them so how could that have been replaced with Messer?

Look, you want shippy moments. I get it, but this isn't going to be as shipheavy as Frontier was. They've notably said this. Hell, the only sense of any sort of romantic growth at all in the whole triangle was Freyja blushing at Hayate for a second in this episode.

>it's a hayate and mirage episode they said
>it's just them worrying about Messer

Face it nerds this is Messer's harem

I don't, but she had zero personality for me so far, so she can easily replace by someone.
In fact replace by Messer at least can create some fujobait which maybe a good thing in business way.