We have to save Hayato

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10370714
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nah

Naana a cute. A CUTE.

I have to protect and save others.

I will protect Naana's smile!

So would you recommend anyone this anime?

She will be back in the next episode!

Is it friday already?

I already did, to my friend and parents

Soon my friend, soon.

Old El Paso can reporting in.

Okay Sup Forums. I'm going through episodes 7, 8, and 9 very slowly to take notes on anything of interest since we haven't actually had a lot of discussion on key facts in these last few weeks. I'm working on episode 8 now, but 7 is done.

- Episode opens with Mitsumune running from Tokimune while holding Masaki's hand. Masaki trips over a tree root and falls. Mitsumune comes back for her, but she tells him that she's fine and that he should just go ahead. He helps her back up anyway, and she insists that she really is fine, presumably because she can't see Tokimune. Why did she tell him to keep going? Did she want him to leave her behind?

- Mitsumune falls off a cliffside, leaving him unconscious. Masaki retrieves him. She proceeds to apologize to him profusely.

- Mitsumune's family name seems to be Sakai.

- When Mitsumune and Masaki arrive at the tunnel, Masaki says that in order to return to "your old life" (CR translation), you first have to go through the tunnel. The exact wording she uses is "moto no sekai" (元の世界), which could also be translated as "the previous world". It's unclear what she means by this.

- She then clarifies that you can't just pass through the tunnel and go back, you have to face and fight yourself. Tokimune shows up. She tells him she'll be going on ahead, and runs right through Tokimune, leaving Mitsumune alone to face his trauma.

- Tokimune makes physical contact with Mitsumune, slamming him into a wall.

(continued)

- Back with the main group, Mikage is trying to figure things out. He arrives at the conclusion that according to the nursery rhyme's lyrics, Masaki must be a girl who died here, became a ghost, and is now trying to take everyone else down with her. He asks Koharun to confirm this. Koharun is visibly hesitant.

- When the main group finds Mitsumune again, he's brought to a meeting with Speedstar, Dahara, Koharun, Mikage, and Valkana. Mitsumune explains that Masaki brought him to the tunnel, that she went right through the monster, and that she said she'd be waiting beyond the tunnel. He does not seem to have elaborated on what the monster took shape as, or what Masaki said about returning to "your old life"/"the previous world".

- The mention of Masaki being "beyond the tunnel" gets Koharun's attention. She asks if Masaki mentioned what exactly was beyond the tunnel. She tries to question Mitsumune further, but Mikage stops her.

- After being told to get a good rest and being taken back to his futon, Mitsumune asks why everyone is being so nice to him. Speedstar tells him they're apologetic for having done something terrible to him and that they're worried about how worn-out Mitsumune looks. Mitsumune doesn't seem to totally buy it, but he accepts it, saying that Masaki may be right for saying he should have more faith in himself.

- Masaki only agrees to talk when they start to hurt Mitsumune.

Episode 7 end.

Episode 8 notes:

- Episode opens with Masaki saying that she's been to Nanaki village once before.

- Masaki's flashback starts with her and Reiji having found the fourth marker on the way to Nanaki. The fifth is said to be near the river.

- Reiji finds the fifth marker near the river. He confirms that there should be seven in total.

- After departing from the river, Masaki and Reiji are shown in the forest again. There's a thick fog enveloping the area.

- A car driven by an old man shows up. The license plate reads 11-28. The man asks them where they're headed. Reiji starts to say something about what's located up ahead, and the man interrupts by telling them they must not go there. He tells them to turn back now, saying that he'll take them to the station at the base of the mountain. Masaki and Reiji flee, hiding until the man drives off. Reiji remarks that the man seemed shady.

- Masaki and Reiji continue on the path to Nanaki. They find what is presumably the seventh marker on a cliff overlooking the village.

- The village shares some similarities to the Nanaki the main group resides in, but also seems markedly different. The symbol meant to denote Nanaki is on a large stone instead of the side of a building. Beside the large stone are three Jizo statues with their heads missing. Jizo statues are meant to be guardians of travelers and the weak.

- Reiji begins taking pictures of the village, saying that the club members would be shocked (?). This is where we see more disparities between this village and the Nanaki that the main cast currently dwells in, such as the bus stop and the sheer abundance of homes. The homes also appear to be western-style rather than Japanese.

- Reiji remarks that the homes look a little run down on the outside, but seem to have been in use until recently based on their interiors.

- Masaki urges Reiji to start heading back home. It's late afternoon/early evening now. As they start the trek back home, Reiji assures Masaki that he has a flashlight, and moves to take his backpack off as if to retrieve it. He then stops and looks toward the woods. He hears something that Masaki cannot hear.

- Visibly agitated by the sound, Reiji says they need to hurry home. He starts walking again, only to turn around and run right back, taking Masaki by the hand. He asks if she can see "that massive monster", telling her she needs to run ahead. She doesn't see anything. At this point, Masaki falls from a cliffside, presumably going unconscious. (Seems awfully similar to Mitsumune's fall in episode 7.)

- Masaki alleges that she woke up in front of the highway. She claims she tried to climb back up the mountain a number of times hoping to go back, but that she never managed to find Nanaki village again. She apologizes for not having said anything about the monster despite knowing about it, saying that she just wanted to see Reiji again.

- Naana and Puuko seem to believe Masaki's story. Lovepon interjects, skeptical that Masaki and Reiji just happened to find and leave the village in the very same day. Dahara agrees, pointing out that it was lucky that all 30 of them managed to find it the way they did. Masaki insists that Reiji was the one who found it, and she was only tagging along.

- Koharun asks if Reiji "knew what kind of place this village is". Masaki doesn't know, but goes on to say that Reiji called Nanaki " a place where everything can be forgotten". (?)

If the show gets into one of those ending, they better kill themselves:

a. Little buster ending
b. Angel beats ending
c. SOL ending, some goes home ending
d. TV reality show ending

- Interestingly, only the lower half of Masaki's face is shown when she says that Reiji is her cousin.

- Yuuna asks Masaki to confirm that she came on this tour to see Reiji again. Masaki nods. Nyanta asks if she managed to find him. Masaki shakes her head.

- Masaki makes the first direct mention of there being another Nanaki, saying that Reiji may be in a different village. This causes a great stir within the group. Yuuna asks why Masaki never made a mention of there being multiple Nanaki villages. Masaki replies that it was only a guess and that she doesn't actually know if there are others. Yuuno asks why in the world she'd say that, to which Masaki replies that Reiji mentioned something about it but she doesn't know the details.

- Strangely, Maimai demands to know where the exit is despite explicitly saying in episode 7 that she doesn't want to go back home. Dahara suggests that it may be the tunnel where they found Masaki. (It's really unclear whether or not this is the same tunnel that the departing group happened upon in episode 4. It seems worth nothing that Pink Goddess, who was with the departing group, referred to this tunnel as the tunnel where Masaki was found and not the tunnel where Maimai saw a giant Kayama.)

- Masaki now vehemently insists that they must not go through the tunnel.

>we
Speak for yourself.

>- Masaki's flashback starts with her and Reiji having found the fourth marker on the way to Nanaki. The fifth is said to be near the river.

this is interesting, someone can watch ep 2 again and see the differences

>a. Little buster ending
>b. Angel beats ending
Where did this Keyshit come from? Fuck off Keyfag.

It'll be the "SOL ending" but with all of them defeating their bakemonos and returning to society. Because that's the lesson both the characters and the audience (us) needs to learn from that mess of a trip. That it's never too late to get your shit together.

>only the lower half of Masaki's face is shown when she says that Reiji is her cousin.
Reiji = Masaki?

Dahara is Reiji Uncle, hence his face conviently obscured. He'll reach the village and the first words he mumble out is "Uncle?"

- Valkana and Toshiboy are convinced that if she says it's not the exit, it probably is the exit. Masaki says it is not the exit, tacking on an explanation about how she thought it was, but it isn't. She "can't really explain it", but is sure that everyone should stay away from the tunnel.

- Pink Goddess is confused by her sudden strong reaction to the tunnel. Toshiboy asks her if she saw what was on the other side. Masaki says that she did NOT see what was on the other side, and that she turned back midway.

- Mikage asks her to confirm that she didn't see a monster despite Reiji clearly having seen one. She confirms this. Mikage counters that everyone here has seen or heard a monster, even if the monster has assumed different forms for each of them. Therefore, she should have seen a monster as well, even if it didn't look like the monster Reiji saw. Masaki insists she saw nothing and hasn't seen anything since arriving in this village. This makes her the only person in the group who hasn't been attacked.

- Pink Goddess raises the question of why she'd stay with the group instead of going and looking for Reiji if the entire reason she came here was to find Reiji. Masaki's explanation for this is that if there are other villages, she doesn't know how to find them, which has absolutely nothing to do with what Pink Goddess even asked her.

- Soy Latte points out that Masaki actually did split from the group once, namely the incident where Yottsun went missing. The group asks if Masaki had gone looking for Reiji then, and if Yottsun had been with her in doing so. She says "No! Back then..." only to be interrupted by Lovepon. (Lovepon does a lot of interrupting at interesting moments, such as when she cut off Pink Goddess in episode 5 after they found the broken lock).

Isn't in the manga we have Reiji as a girl?

No, that's Wanko. Reiji didn't make an appearance in the manga yet, as far as I know.

The first 2 pages of chapter 1, there's a girl running from Nanaki village

It's not Reiji.

Get your brain fix. If that is even possible.

I think license plate doesn't matter.

Too sweet. I want some of the characters not to return and the others who return to society never lool back and never mention the events that occured.

Although, that harlot Koharu look like the type to make profit and publish a book on Nanakimura.

Well, they have a slightly different take on the story in the manga. Masaki is looking for her sister or something instead of her cousin Reiji.

>speedo wont win the mitsumune bowl
Fuck

Does that just imply Reiji is not real at all?

Poor Nyanta

- Accusations start flying. Lovepon thinks Masaki killed Yottsun to keep him from finding the exit, Mikage thinks Reiji is just some guy she dragged into Nanaki for whatever reason, and Mitsumune is getting angry that people are questioning a story with a bunch of holes in it. Masaki insists they've all got it wrong.

- Piitan interjects, questioning why Masaki never went back home if she couldn't find the village again. Masaki confirms that indeed, she never went back home, but it's because she thought she'd never be able to go back to the village if she went back home. Masaki is visibly nervous while making this claim, averting her eyes to her left.

- Masaki tells them that she just wanted to get back to the village as soon as possible, so she lived in a nearby town while trying to find a new way to come back. That is allegedly when she heard about the First Life Do-Over Tour online.

- Mikage asks her what she did for money if she just decided to hunker down in a nearby town instead of going home. Masaki says she worked part-time, but doesn't say what kind of part-time work she was doing. Valkana asks if she was using her real name, to which Masaki hesitantly replies that she was.

- Dahara brings out the missing persons article that featured a 16 year old Aida Masaki. Masaki is visibly shaken by the article. Mikage continues the interrogation, asking why she'd be using her real name if she was listed a missing person. Masaki can't explain any of this, and can't even answer simple questions such as "How long did you live in the village?"

If Reiji doesn't exist, who the hell is the guy that punches Jack?

- Bus kidnapping happens. Speedo's shirt is at first stuck in the door, but somewhere along the way he gets it free and just runs alongside the bus, true to his name.

- Although everyone else seems to doubt Masaki's story, Koharun is hesitant. She seems to at least believe that Masaki can't see monsters. Nanko theorizes that Masaki can't see monsters because Masaki doesn't carry the kind of mental hangups that the rest of the group does. (Though, wouldn't being the last person who saw her cousin alive be pretty traumatic? Wouldn't not being able to do anything despite having been there with him right before he went missing be scarring? If Nanko is right, Masaki is stone fuckin cold.)

- (It may be important to note that Nanko's theory slightly changes as she continues presenting it. She goes from saying that Masaki may not have the mental scars that they do to saying that Masaki may not have the sort of past that would make her see monsters. It seems like the same thing, but the distinction could mean something important for the audience: What if it's not that Masaki has an untroubled past, but that she doesn't have a past in the way that other people do? What if Masaki doesn't have a past at all?)

Time Zong or Space Zong

Masaki

Masaki's twin

>Space Zong
Who is this supposed to be again?

>Reiji is Masaki's Speed Zong. He doesn't exist

Don't believe her smiles.

- Driver demands Masaki to show him his daughter if she's a ghost. Masaki says she's not a ghost, just that she's been here before.

- Koharun goes to talk to Valkana. She raises the point that everyone thinks Masaki is lying now, but the prime suspect had been Koharun herself just a little while ago. She asks what good her own word is if Masaki can be considered a liar just by having suspicion cast upon her. Valkana says he's personally suspicious of everybody, but going on this tour was his choice alone. If he's going to live here from now on, he needs to know exactly what Nanaki is, and to do that he needs to find Masaki. Koharun believes in Masaki and asks Valkana to help her find her, because if the others catch Masaki first then it's just going to be a repeat of what happened earlier.

- Judgeness later ambushes Valkana and Koharun with stone arrows.

Episode 8 notes end.

9 will have to come later, I didn't think 8 was going to take so long. Lots of stuff to note since keeping track of Masaki's testimony is the most important thing right now.

A Zong from Space

There is no need for Masaki any more. Nanko figured it out but was conveniently interrupted by Jack before she got to test her theory.

What's important is who let Jack go and told him to guard the tunnel. If it was Masaki it makes sense, she knew her way around the prison and didn't want them to go there. But if it's Reiji, then his betrayal only means that he is trying to gain the group's trust for malicious reasons.

Don't believe the user who will tell you not to believe her smiles.

>conveniently interrupted
The whole show in a nutshell.

>There is no need for Masaki any more
If only we'd never see her again, if only!

Holy shit.

Fucking adorable.

>H-Hayato
>Can I come out now
>Please
>I don't really get what's going on but it's kind of uncomfortable in here
>Hayato please
>I wanted to talk to at least a few girls today

Have your favourite caràcters changed a lot?

Pon is Love, Pon is Live

Do you think Mitsumune keeps track of the gender makeup of all of the people he spoke to each day?

Reminder that Catacomb is not for sexual.

Assbound is for befriending.

Catacomb a cute!

Best boy of the season

RANGERS!

>ded thread
Finally, we have become the Lost Villagers.

It is better this way.

Seriously. That thing is incredible. I pray for Nyanta on their honeymoon...

>Strangely, Maimai demands to know where the exit is despite explicitly saying in episode 7 that she doesn't want to go back home.
SASUGA OKADA

Did the americans go to sleep or what happened?

People have dropped this series as they should have.
Okada didn't deliver on the meme value.

Linking since that other thread is even deader than this one, and I didn't realize there were multiple threads up.

I wonder how many people in these threads at any given point could click [Catalog] and see a current search for threads containing "mayo".

That she is.

You shouldn't have posted in the other thread, user.
Having two threads up at the same time is a dumb idea.

I do
I realize that now, but That thread was up before this one was made.
I should have double checked before hitting submit

Damn, if I were a drawfag I'd draw Naana in so many cute outfits.
She's so fucking cute.

I wonder how much she charges for a night.

NUDE VERSION

>"It's not that I like you so much as if there were other people qualified for the job, I'd still pick you to do guard duty with."
>"You know, I'd think I'd pick you to do guard duty with, too."
BEST LOVE STORY EVER TOLD

>if I were a drawfag I'd draw Naana in so many cute outfits.
Same.

If anything, wouldn't they be waking up now?
Maybe now that the artificial hype has subseded, we will be hit even harder if a genuine twist is thrown at us.
Oh, who am I kidding. There will be no twist.

That's fine, not much we can do about it now anyway. But the timing is terrible because of the lack of activity.

Post some of your favorite Mayoiga OC you've seen so far. Haven't seen this one posted in a while.

This gift from god should grace every thread

Still the hoodies. But didn't we regurgitate old memes yesterday already?

Well it's not like we have better things to do so

I wasn't here yesterday so I don't know. I wonder if Sprite user ever did more.

Naana's naanas

I don't know what my favourite is, but I miss all of the chuuni improvement

Naanapolitan!

Yeah, it's just shit and lazy with no surprises. Sup Forums has predicted 80% of the events. There's no way anything interesting will happen now. I'll only finish it to shitpost about it once a day.

Puppet.

Help me out here, guys

strawpoll.me/10370714

I'm the user who did that OC. Here's the full logo.
I'm thinking of getting a custom-made Naana coffee cup which is partially why I did it. So if anyone else is interested, go for it.

stupid as shit but never fails to make me laugh

That's nice user.

The theoretical triplet of Mitsu and Toki

Since there's so much Naana love, how would you guys like to have a Naana OVA episode? I wrote this awhile back but could expand on it.

>The Tokyo dessert
It shows Naana trying to be a singer and how she tried to rise up the ranks to be a idol but fail short and quit

>tfw made that
That's exactly what I was going for, and I'm glad it went appreciated. Cheers, user!