Can Catalan Be Self-Sufficient?

Serious question. Is it just going to turn into another Southern European failed state if it secedes?

Other urls found in this thread:

datosmacro.com/deuda/espana-comunidades-autonomas
abc.es/espana/20140210/abci-como-cataluna-volvio-rica-201402100444.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes it can be self-sufficient

Basically, whatever the Catalans say, you should always assume the opposite is true. They need Spain even more than Spain needs them. They are worse than niggers, threatening independence to get more privileges from the central government in order to import more and more shitskins to Barcelona. I've never, ever met a single Spaniard who didn't loathed Catalans, and not a single Catalan who seemed like a decent person.

Good grief, they're like the Southern Europe of Southern Europe.

>they're like the Southern Europe of Southern Europe
That's a perfect way to put it, actually. It's all about the gibs with them.

He's a lying spanish gibmigrabt in France. Spain will become third world tier without us hence why they're so desperate to keep us around so their gibs don't stop coming.

Spain will become 100 times less shit

Take the catalan redpill my friend.

Good luck with that vote. Hope it happens.

>lose your access to the EU single market
>have to house and feed basically the entire Muslim population of Spain
>have mostly unironic commies or literal mobsters as the only politicians shilling for independence
>what could possibly go wrong ?
Spain would suffer if you left, yes, but it would be a thousand times worse for you.

yes, of course it can. stupid question for stupid people who want a negative answer.

Catalonians are all shitskins and arabs they should be lined up and shot

Joke's on you, her family comes from Murcia.

Thanks man.

The one with the microphone is castilian lol. Ofc she is a shitskin.

>implying

And yet, she's still your boss.

well you know what you are talking about

>blablabla
You're retarded if you think a rich region in a poorer country won't be better on their own.
And about muslims and commies they come all from Spain, they will drown in their disease when they're not able to dump their garbage at us anymore.

>get raped by muslims
>get Charlemagne and his descendants to protect you since you can't protect yourself unlike the kingdoms of Asturias and fucking Navarra of all places
>proceed to get raped by Muslims again when the French eventually get tired of your shit and leave
>end up licking the boots of the king of Aragon
>manage to gain prominence in Aragon only for the king to marry the queen of Castile
>somehow this results in Aragon becoming the junior kingdom
>proceed to literally fall into complete irrelevance for centuries
>Catalan language actually becomes almost completely extinct
>eventually industrialize because Barcelona is still an important port
>become commies
>get utterly crushed in the Spanish civil war
>go full commie once again as soon as Franco dies
>begin to speak Catalan and be nationalist out of pure spite
>proceed to annoy the rest of Spain so much that you somehow unite everyone against you
>be deluded enough to think Spain is going to let you go
Your delusions never cease to amaze me.

hell, how can you breath with your head so up your ass?

I dont really want you guy to seccede, if you want to go there is a bunch of desert islands on the pacific waiting for your republic.

Also, you would collapse in the next 30 years, 100 years if you manage to somehow get money from outside.

I hope the Catalans succeed, them secceding would set a nice precedent for Flemish independence.

t. assblasted Manolos
Cmon stop lying to yourselves, we all know perfectly well Spain is finished without us, we will thrive and you will sink.

>Spain is finished without us, we will thrive and you will sink
Literally Kurdistan-tier delusion, it's actually fascinating to witness

Lol you fled your shithole of a beloved homeland to go live as a gibmigrant in France. Who are you to talk? Go back to Spain if it's so good faggot.

you should get out of catalonia sometime and see the rest of spain, maybe then you can see beyond their lies

>everyone who disagrees with muh Catalan communist utopia must be a Spaniard
Don't worry, you disgust a lot of people outside of the borders of your nation, which is Spain, by the way.

No need for that because the rest of Spain comes here. Really makes one think...

OK Paco whatever.

the real question is, is the rest of Spain self-sufficent?

Catalan is the industrial powerhouse of Spain. Thats where the cars are made. Thats where the big pharma companies are. Their strong economy is constantly getting drained by feeding the unemployed spanish people to the south and west.

I wonder what would happen in a case of them leaving, since they heavily rely on the EU, that´s how all those german companies setteled there in the first place and i doubt Spain would agree to let them inside EU.

>Catalonia is the Spanish region with the third highest public debt to GDP ratio: 35,3 per cent. The average in Spain is 24.2 per cent.

>datosmacro.com/deuda/espana-comunidades-autonomas

A 35% debt/GDP ratio is amost nothing, Spain is in debt at 100% of its total GDP. Once we become independent we will have one of the lowest debts in Europe.

That's not how it works lmao

This is like Brexit all over again, old farts and brainwashed edgy teenagers screaming at clouds

That's the best you've got? Weak.

Except it is how it works. The debt of Catalonia is 35% while the debt of Spain is 100% of its GDP. Good luck paying that without our money.

Spain is fucked and so is Catalonia.
We have barely any industry.
Almost 90% percent of bussiness are small companies that could sink anytime, or with the next crisis.
We rely heavily on tourism, if something big happens that ruins travelling prospects or makes it a non secure destination, we'll go from 20% of unemployment to 40 or 50%
Both Spain and Catalonia have no future, either together or not.

Either way, I support the vote as an spaniard. For whatever reason they want, I think is up to the people living there to decide their future, be it a catastrophic future or not.
Either way, the result would be a republic, much better than a monarchy.

>Catalan is the industrial powerhouse of Spain. Thats where the cars are made. Thats where the big pharma companies are. Their strong economy is constantly getting drained by feeding the unemployed spanish people to the south and west.

Catalonia has been favored by Spain for centuries, even during the Franco regime (Plan de Estabilización de 1959), its entire industry has been built on the basis of damaging other Spanish regions.

>all those lies
Before Franco only Catalonia, the Basque Country and Asturias were industrialized. How Franco did was screw these regions while propping up the rest of Spain.

>lies

abc.es/espana/20140210/abci-como-cataluna-volvio-rica-201402100444.html

>debt of Catalonia is 35% while the debt of Spain is 100% of its GDP

Catalonia deb and GDP is part of Spain debt and GDP

I know you are just an edgy teenager who wants to be part of something important, and Im not here to convince of anything. It's your future, choose what you think is right

Different issues and different times. You make no sense.

The bearer of the debt is the spanish goverment, not us. That's how things go.

Catalonia is full of communists and totalitarian leftist ideologues, what do you think