Star Trek Discovery main mission? ACCEPTANCE

‘Star Trek: Discovery’ is the show we both need and deserve - CNET
apple.news/AAZUItToyT7OYiNl-EplPXQ

“But talking to the cast and people behind the show, it's obvious they're looking to fight a far more important battle: acceptance.”

It’s gonna suck hard.

Other urls found in this thread:

nerdist.com/star-trek-discovery-first-reactions-positive/
youtube.com/watch?v=R8AXpIP3yDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reviews are embargoed until air date. nerdist.com/star-trek-discovery-first-reactions-positive/

I don't know a single Trek fan who's actually optimistic about or looking forward to this fucking train wreck. Fucking Orville is getting a better reaction from Trek fans than this shit, and it didn't need to resort to crap like review embargoes and paid hype.

Set phasers for equality!

>manspreading.

/OurShow/?

>We should be welcoming more Borg cubes into Federation space

Sounds like ST:SJW

Fuck everything.

That doesn't bode well. Look at emoji movie.

I can't think of a single TV show that was ever "needed."

Wasn't there literally already a black captain? But they still want signaling points? Fucking clown world

well, at least aliens finally look like aliens

I wonder who could be behind it all?

I have not seen a single thing for this show that did not have to be all about the diverse staff. The crazy double think part is, in the videos where they talk about it, they go out and say that the wonderful part is how they don't call attention to it.

No no no, the old shows didn't call attention to it. The new one has done nothing but call attention to it. There isn't a single straight white male on the show and they are just jerking themselves off about it and that's literally 100% of the pre show content that I've seen.

They are racist as fuck to whites, celebrate our exclusion, then insult the show's past and audience for not being diverse enough, celebrate their discrimination... then expect to sell it to me.

Great marketing plan. They can fuck right off. I'm not planning to even try to follow this shit at all ever and I've watched everything else Star Trek. They are really fucking up if I'm not in their target audience.

"Why no black ferengis?"

Oy Vey!

>Another Star Trek series that takes place in the past
>People hated Enterprise, and it tanked because of that
>Another "diverse" cast for diversity's sake
>People hated Voyager for that
>Paywalled
>Changing how the main antagonists (Klingons) look entirely
Looks like a winner to me

Some critics were flown out, wined ane dined, and watched the premiere. Unsurprising, they gave it glowing reviews. They're hoping this'll drown out the coming mixed reception.

Been watching Orville instead, pretty funny and I still get my sci-fi fix

this show is great.

look at this interview. fucking Seth McFarlane of all people, "gets" Trek more than the heads at CBS ever will.

youtube.com/watch?v=R8AXpIP3yDc

A lot of the enterprise single stories were good, it just got bogged down in stupid long story arcs. I enjoyed the "history" aspects of enterprise, things like the fact that no one wanted to use the transporter beams and they didn't have magic food machines yet.

>Orville
>Never heard of it
>Look it up
>Seth MacFarlane
Nope.

It's like annuda shoah!

Ewww. We already had DS9.

I don't need to see Space Niggers TNG and neither does anyone else.

We should pretend to love it so they spend millions of dollars pursuing that sweet ad revenue, only to be left with zero viewers.

Every time it comes up in social media, comment how it needs s bigger cast and more space battles and larger sets

Orville wasn't bad, I liked it.
My 7 year old daughter can recite dialogue out of STII TWOK, I'm very proud.

unfortunately, most fans are retarded and will watch anyways. It's a classic nerd thing. A franchise can go completely anti-white and anti-nerd, changing everything about the very concept of the thing in order to get new and/or diverse normie viewership, knowing that their established fans are cucks that watch out of "loyalty" now because the old version was good.

When it bombs they'll blame everyone but themselves.

>pandering to an audience that does not watch the show

I'm sure all 3 black lesbian space kangs who watch this are going to be thrilled.

Cuckville is still awful bud. It's like saying vomit smells better than shit comparing the two

It was better than Voyager, but too much retcon aspects to it, and everyone just wants the story to continue.
It's lazy and boring to just change old stuff, instead of coming up with new, generally. Was essentially a prequel, which gets tiresome after a while.

It's kinda like a lighthearted TNG. It's actually worth a watch.

>black people paying for a CBS streaming service subscription
I doubt it

this makes me want to rewatch real star trek, thanks guys

Star Trek Orville is the true Trek show. Life long Trekkie here, I am sick to my stomach as if I just ate some food at Quark's bar about the piss poor state of Star Trek nowadays.

>black people paying
Only way to get a black person to watch it is to put a fucking bike lock on it

The Wrath of Khan stands up on its own as a good movie, not just a good Star Trek movie.
Even as dated and silly as a lot of it is, it's still a good film.

Tell that to ghostbusters

Fully concur, and the Monster Maroon uniforms were the best

Fans have been steadily dropping the shows since TNG, and the JJ Abram audience will stop watching once they realize there's no space battle or sex scene every 5 minutes.

i think people just desperately want another TNG show

but i haven't watched this yet so maybe its actually ok

Why isn´t Michelle Yeoh the main character?
That woman actually got talent and ability to sell the stuff she is in

I predict 1 season, maybe 1,5. Finally enterprise will be replaced as worse Star Trek series

that melted nog klingon tho
I ARE THE BLACKEST

In before we are all racist when the show gets cancelled.

But Enterprise was better than Voyager.

so we got black Pharaohs in sphees now?

AYO HOL UP

Watched the first JJ reboot in theaters, watched the second one on Netflix; couldn't care about the most recent one. And I own an original TOS Technical manual, and have a signed photograph of Walter Koening, DeForest Kelley and James Doohan, for context.

I have zero confidence that anything Star Trek will be anything more than virtue signaling, preaching, talking down to its audience, and forcing an extreme liberal agenda.
The Star Trek MMO has fucking fat, homeless looking trannies on its livestreams FFS.

They'll pull a Hillary Clinton

funny, that picture is exactly who I'd imagine spends their time playing a star trek MMO

>7 year old daughter
you mean the wife's "7 year old"

>community manager
>fatum
>is a fatass

Star Trek has always been pretty fucking lame, imo. Too soft and clean. I like sci-fi to be grittier, like Blade Runner or Alien. This iteration of ST is a complete pile of steaming, rotting, festering foreskin.

And a woman captain also.

>Implying Star trek hasn't been shit since tng

>/OurShow/?
Too soon to tell. I'm not 100% sold on it, and I've seen enough of McFarlane's shows to know he'll probably cram a few liberal talking points of his own into it... but honestly it hasn't been bad so far. It's two episodes in and so far it's essentially been TNG but with crewmen who drink, shoot the shit, and make the occasional dick joke.

For example, the A-plot in the last episode was basically a modern take on the TOS pilot 'The Cage' that explored more of the chemistry between the captain and first officer, while the B-plot was a very grounded story where the young, inexperienced security officer (who is implied to be the alien equivalent of an affirmative action hire) finds herself in command of the ship. She's eager, hardworking, and earnest, but clearly finds herself in over her head in the situation and responds in a believable way - panicking, making mistakes, and very nearly giving up before ultimately pushing through and doing her best to succeed in the situation.

Like I said, not 100% sold on it, but it seems like there's some genuine potential there.

The only thing black women can lead is some cock down their throat. This show is shit

And Family Guy is a light hearted Simpsons?

A show doesn't necessarily have to include characters of your ethnic group for you to identify with. Anime is often about Japanese people, and westerners seem to like the stuff anyway. This show might be good if there's a believable reason these characters are all diversity hires. Like, if they at some point introduce the character who gave them the startship command, he'd tell they have strict minority quotas.

nope she's mine, she's into computers, Five Nights at Freddys, Star Trek and pokemon and you're a faggot.

Dude the new one is objectively the best one.
Despite the fucking motorbike stunts and the Enterprise surfing a wave of explosions it's somehow the only one that actually feels like a Trek movie, has good character arcs and an interesting villain.

I didn't even see the second one because I took one look at the cockeater they cast as the villain and said "He's Khan."

Because TNG was amazing.
Why shouldn't people want something with the same standards?

Strict minority quotas would prevent us from ever reaching that state of technological advancement, since the smartest and best wouldn't be hired, they'd dumb everything down to hire minorities, instead.

I might check it out this weekend Nigel user, and if you're lying to me, I'll have your ship blown so fast out of orbit you're head will spin

*your
I'll check it out

Maybe the pioneers of the techonology were white men, but they gave the ships for these people. Maybe this crew is really incompetent and we get to see many funny situations.

i didnt say it wasnt

TNG was phenomenally popular all the way to its last episode

Alright Ameranon if I'm wrong just hack my Club Penguin account and steal all my Runescape gold

It'll last two seasons at the most, with CBS throwing support for the second season. I heard they're not going to spend money on it. Having it exclusive is retarded, same with going for a mature rating, mainly through violence.

Are there gay spinning rims and silly lights on the ship for no reason? If there are no nigger chimpouts, it's not realistic.

The delivery will be of the strong Redwood that diverse actors are so famous for.

It's a little corny but I'm enjoying it. Not sure I can do an hour of Federation SJW indoctrination. You know it's going to be bad when the articles first topics are about acceptance and gender. This shit has gotten so prevalent so quickly that it's going to burn out twice as fast. Poor fucking Euros went in full-bore and they are paying for it now.

>Are there gay spinning rims and silly lights on the ship for no reason?
Of course.
>If there are no nigger chimpouts, it's not realistic.
In the first episode, they have a first encounter with extraterrestrial life. The captain of USS Enterprise contacts them with the radio and greets them:
>Ayyo, hol' up, hol' up! You be aliens? hol up'... hol' up... so.. you saying you be Mexicans?

KEK

Villain would have been stronger if the *reveal* hadn't been pushed to the end of the movie. The whole second half should have been about Kirk dealing with the realization about who the bad guy really is and dealing with him with that information already in the open. It could have basically been a big budget TOS-era version of a story like TNG's The Wounded.

Scientists have determined what the average Federation citizen will look like in the future and it's BEAUTIFUL!

PLEASE! Let there be an episode about space refugees!

Listen here, humo- I mean human, I'll have to know Quark's bar has the greatest food in the quadrant

That cunt had the audacity to call herself the first black lead in Star Trek. They don't give a fuck.

This is also why their conception of "acceptance" or "diversity" or whatever they're calling it now is just ethnoseparatism and cultural marxism. Old Trek was fundamentally liberal and egarlitarian.

These SJWs are trying to claim the history but they haven't even watched a single episode.

I was willing to put aside the SJW-ness.
I was willing to put aside that it's ANOTHER prequel.
I was willing to put aside that it (maybe?) takes place in the JJ verse.

But being the giant Trek autist that I am, I can't put aside the complete overhaul of the Klingons. This triggers me on a far deeper level than politics is capable of.

funfact, this is who directed that episode

Voyager was pretty redpilled honestly. The female captain is totally inept and continually makes emotional decisions. The latina klingon is a loud, mouthy cunt. Tom Paris, the white pilot is a suave ladies man. The Indian is useless and bases all his decisions on spirituality (it would be more accurate if it was spirits), the little fag Neelix is always afraid if getting cucked by the 2 year old hes dating "emotionally" by Tom. then you just have the doctor, who is based, and seven who is an autistic woman with giant knockers.

VOYs problem was that the showrunners were afraid the Maquis/Federation tension was too dark because people had already complained about DS9 having too much character conflict so they dropped it and as such, the most interesting aspect after 3 episodes, giving a ton of characters no point.

Its also so fucking silly, I love it. I love TOS the most and VOY is most similar in silliness to TOS.

Checked and THIS. I don't think people are falling for the nostalgia pull like they used to anymore. Ghostbusters was a great example of them using a favorite property and injecting it with SJW bullshit. Trump couldn't have come along at a better time. Seems the normies are starting to see through the lies and if I'm right, this show will tank hard.

fuckin paris with that hairline, and that fridgid half caste bitch wife of his. voyager was an abortion from start to finish

We need to accept more Borg refugees.

>The Orville
too bad the jokes aren't funny and the relationship shit is unbearable
>cheats on him with an alien
>the entire show is on her side
>she can stay cuz she did exactly the same thing McFarlanes character was doing but the show has to have a premise so...
>nigger acting is unbearable
>gay klingons (literally)

fembusters completely missed the point. 90% of the scenes were improvised fart jokes and thats just not what ghostbusters is.

>klingons
they traded niggers for deep, dark niggers

>few liberal talking points of his own into it
like how cheating is OK cuz woman?
how about gay alien couples having kids?

Here's hoping the "super racist"(to organics) robotic intelligence inadvertently drops some serious redpills. They could do a lot with uncomfortable facts like IQ or genetic degeneration via the lack of environmental pressures (something something my iq by your primative standards would be in the 180's. Some of you human subspecies still has an average iq of 70. Hey now robot guy don't talk about my ex wife that way :laughtrack:/black copilot starts chimping about da muthafukkin racis tin man sheeeeeeit )

Social justice Star trek is going to tank so hard it isn't even funny to keep winning this hard
>Only available on CBS's shit tier Hulu/hbo go ripoff
>Only one season greenlit
>Press blackout because they know it's shit
>Edgy retitled Star trek in the vein of Firefly to compete against written by a guy who literally first pitched it to cbs as a Star trek series on your enemy network to compete against

Xindi arc was fucking kino though

galaxy quest looks better

That ship looks like it was decorated in 1974

I liked the nigger captain Cisco, but that sheboon from the walking dead. It will be awfull, plus that chink actor is god awful at acting.

So the new star trek isn't Dukat approved?

>how about gay alien couples having kids?
the asari did it first!

I wouldn't hve minded a nigger captain if it was the series pitched by Michael Dorn, "Captain Worf" all about Klingons.
Instead, they said "Nah" and ok'd this pile of hot, wet, garbage.

>this show will tank hard.
Discovery was fucking unbearable, but it lasted how many seasons?

>then you just have the doctor, who is based,

>when all your real lead characters are so bad the fake holographic program has the best character

galaxy quest is breddy good.
>kinda wished Tim Allen wasn't the lead; he is really forgettable.