Who is the most recognizable character in animé?

Who is the most recognizable character in animé?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1cR4ADXBkII
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pikachu
Goku
Sailor Moon
Totoro
Maybe one of the Digimon kids.

Naruto or Son Goku, I suppose.

Where are you talking about?
Worldwide, probably Pikachu. Anpanman and Doraemon are up there too.

barring corporate mascots, probably luffy or goku

Goku or pikachu

Doraemon is a far more appealing design than Hello Kitty

>Totoro

>Anpanman

...who?

newfag pleb go back to MAL

Bugs Bunny. He is also the original cross-dressing trap and the inventor of the imouto incest.

I'm not sure there should be any question about this, regardless of age.

That meme grampa that hates anime and says it was a mistake.

Wikipedia says it's Pikachu, Rei, and Goku.

"anime girl"

People who say Doraemon are pretty blind. I know very few people in America who have even heard of that name.

It's either Pikachu or Goku who is the most recognized worldwide.

Gundam RX-78

>america
>the rest of the world
Pick one.

Gundam, doraemon, rei, haruhi.
What wikipedia article?

Did Doraemon even air as widely as Dragonball? Doesn't seem like it was much of a global phenomenon.

Not him but if something is recognized absolutely everywhere, isn't it more iconic than something that is recognized everywhere except (enter place here)?

I would say more people know Hello Kitty than Goku by name. Pikachu is by far the widest recognized though.

Pikachu
Sailor Moon
Cardcaptor Sakura
Goku
Naruto
Luffy
Totoro
Doraemon
maybe Happy

forgot Hello Kitty

We are looking at Pikachu, Sailor Moon, and Goku. That's it. There is are no other Anime Characters as recognized on an international Scale than those three.

Giving the Nod to Pikachu

In Japan, Totoro or Goemon.

In the west, Goku.

Pikachu because it is recognisable among all ages in the west. I watched dbz etc when i was young with pokemon but my parents and grandparents will know what pikachu is or at least recognise it. Doubt they would ever get something like cc sakura / naruto or goku though. Doraemon wasn't really global right?

It's Pikachu easily.
It helps that it had a 2 year boom under it's belt where it was the face of the single most popular thing in the world from 98-00.

Why does it even matter?

So you can go forth in the world, and if lost, you know who to draw.

Barely anyone outside of japan's knows him.

Best explanation.

Across the whole world population?
Pikachu by a huge margin

The only correct answer.
If you're an old Nip.

Is Pikachu as recognizable as THE mouse?

That guy with the spiky black hair that turns yellow.
That other guy with the spiky black hair that turns yellow.
That guy with the spiky yellow hair.
That mouse with the yellow hair.
That girl with the yellow hair.

>imouto incest

do tell

Lord no.
Not even close.

You'd be hard pressed to find anything in any medium as well known as Mickey.

If Disney keeps making live action adaptations of all their animated movies and only putting Mickey on buttons sold at Disneyland, no one will recognize Mickey Mouse in a decade.

The west or Japan? Because it's a different list.

For example in Japan Doraemon would be as well known as Pikachu outside Japan people don't know who he is.

Don't underestimate Pikachu, m8.
I'm pretty sure over 99% of the world under the age of 30 know about it. Now the older people probably still make Mickey win, but this is likely going to change in like 20 or 30 years.

Old Pikachu is cuter than new Pikachu.

Discuss.

Why Rei instead of Shinji or Asuka?

Pretty much everyone on earth not living in mud huts past the age of 3 knows of Mickey.

Pikachu got fit

The art from Red/Blue is cuter than the anime designs

fatchu was a qt.

>animé
You don't have to type the 'e' like that

People are starting to forget about mickey thanks to disney's shitty handling of the franchise.

In 20 years you can kiss goodbye to its popularity.

>People will forget DISNEY's mascot in 2 decades

Nigga are you high?

Fuck, he was so adorable.

New Pikachu is like that kid who used to be cute but grew out of it.

Pikachu is cuter now

The people living in mud huts are the ones who know Mickey the best. Because they get endless supplies of Disney t-shirts. If you asked the average American or European today, they'd think someone from Frozen or Toy Story was the face of Disney.

He stopped chugging ketchup.

I think both are cute but I do like the old one better
Makes you wonder what would've happened to Jigglypuff if it had become the series mascot.

Little known fact, the opera this is based upon features incest. In fact, she's his twin sister.

That's like saying people will forget Tony the Tiger because not as many people know about frosted flakes.
If you know the word Kelloggs, you know of Tony.
If you know the word Disney, you know of Mickey.
And nobody doesn't know about one of the largest conglomerates on earth besides cave men.

A lot of kids these days already don't know them, though.

>source: My ass

Is this a Pikachu thread now?

>You'd be hard pressed to find anything in any medium as well known as Mickey.
Mario.

Literally only if you're counting Japan. Doraemon isn't really known that well worldwide. Recognizable is counting people that don't live and breath anime too and those types wouldn't know Doraemon.

It's very likely Pikachu first and then Sailor Moon/Goku/Naruto/Luffy in some order.

Mickey Mouse was made 50 years before Mario.
In terms of advertisement it probably comes nowhere near as close to Mickey as well.
Not saying it wouldn't be extremely rare to find someone who doesn't know about him but it's way more likely than finding someone who doesn't know about Mickey.

Doraemon is well known in every third world shithole. So virtually everywhere that isn't America.

In this case you have something that's well known everywhere vs something that's well known everywhere except America.

The former wins

>implying America isn't a third world shithole

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=1cR4ADXBkII

i would go for astroboy, mazinger or gundam

Pikachu doesn't count because he was recognizable before Pokemon anime.

The only correct answer is Songoku.

ONE PUUUUUUUUNCH

this guy got it right

I never understood the love of Mickey and his clone in drag for a girlfriend Minnie. They are both boring as fuck characters and vastly out shined by their co-stars.

Donald Duck being the best Disney character and even his clone in drag is different and has some sass.

Pluto Mickey's dog is even better than Mickey.

And Goofy is my all time favorite when he is not the regular goofy but the goofy known as george with a wife, a son called junior and the other goofy cartoons where goofy is everyone in the cartoon like both tennis players, all the crowd and commentators etc.
The regular goofy that appears in goof troop and other shit is just gay.

While I agree that the George shorts are the best disney cartoons, hating on Goof Troop is just silly.

Not hating on goof troop I like that series and the first movie, just hating on that version of Goofy.

Still he is not as bad as Max. Max is a cunt in all version even in the Goofy cartoons I like.

>the clear answer

one day I'll watch the hello kitty anime

Not known in your country != not well known every where else.