Sam Harris is dumb

"I say really, really stupid things really, really slowly." -Sam Harris

Anyone else feel this way?

>being too much of a moron to understand the simple and straightforward ideas Sam presents

You were a mistake.

(((Sam Harris)))

he's okay

He's a Jew.

Scott Adams happened.

I'd like to see a debate or dialogue between Sam Harris and Ben Shapiro just to experience what the contrast between their speaking speeds would be like.

sam harris is pseudo-intellectual garbage. if you think he's smart than you're a dumb fuck mouth breather

atheism and intelligence are mutually exclusive

That would be worth the watch.

Hahaha as if he's some complex woke ass Messiah. Please.

lad wew

he's a mock-edgy faggot. all about hurr durr peace of mind//pseudo-enlightened fuck//never say anything too controversial--only shit on easy targets

obviously he's smart. obviously he is trying to help.

he is just SHOCKINGLY mediocre. no aplomb with this one.

jesus i miss chris hitchens

>simple minded faggot alert

>bad bait

I like him purely for the free will stuff. Endless entertainment with that topic

Right. I really don't understand his following. It's like people in search of a higher understanding but are too lazy to get there so they settle for Harris.

That's a lie. He is extremely smart inherently and highly educated. Yet, he is wrong on some issues and he does make some wrong arguments sometimes, but he supports it aptly with his experience and ability.

>he fell for the sophist jew

Yeah

>Harris

Is he Irish/British or a Kike?

He showed his jew power level in his talk with Douglas Murray

Stupid atheist.

Didn't he have some global warming alarmist from buzz feed or some other click bait site on? At least he pretended to be sceptical.

Sam Harris convinced me on meditation and accepting spirituality. I was an atheist before I read his book Waking Up. It led me to read eastern religious texts and generally explore the concept of spirituality. I think he's doing a service in that way up if there are others like me.

both

Kike. Thats my last name and people think I am a kike sometimes

I find him to be an insufferable bore.

As accomplished as he is he comes off as a pseudo-intellectual do me.

He's a fucking Jew so it's hard to know if he believes any of what he says.

anyone have any refutations towards his idea that free will doesnt exist? The best ive got so far is that he has the wrong definition of free will.

GUYS GUYS GUYS

Did you know that same Harris is... gasp... a Jew?

:O

He is really well educated, but seems to have the intulectual capacity of the average Sup Forums user. I feel like I should have applied myself better in school.

don't let the door hit your fedora on the way out

we knew long before SA got to him

Yes, he is an idiot. He is one of the many morons who claimed President Donald Trump isn't a good speaker. How fucking up your ass do you have to be to see Donald Trump giving riveting speeches multiple times a week to hundreds of thousands of captivated people and say: "WHAT AN IDIOT. HE TALKS LIKE A CHILD." Sam Harris is a TOTAL LOSER.

>Kike. Thats my last name and people think I am a kike sometimes

Same here, but iv never once been asked if I'm a Yid.

Its an Irish/British name. In the top 30 surnames in the Anglosphere.

He is by no means dumb. He knows what he is talking about on many things, but he remains in the literal realm, and doesn't really go to the abstract realm and when he can't go there, he turns into an asshole.

I can't stand the subtle whistling when he talks, and I don't like him, but he isn't dumb.

Mouthy Buddha recently started criticising him a lot and he use to love the guy.

He is so fucking smug, I can barely stand looking at him. I'll wager that he has only the most cursory and faulty understanding of the philosophical proofs for God's existence, while lecturing everyone that belief in God is absurd, while also lecturing everyone, via patently weak arguments, that nature makes an ought of modern globalist egalitarianism and degeneracy. All in all, I'm quite certain he's just another Jew, doing what Jews are supremely gifted at doing, conning and fucking things up.

It doesn't take a genius to pander to groups of easily manipulated christian baby boomers. #maga

I love the fucker. I especially love how he shits on Islam and Christianity and pisses off all sorts of smug dipshits like Reza Aslan. With that said, I do disagree with him on letting in refugees, even in small numbers.

Sam Harris wants you to understand what he is saying even with your limited intelligence. When someone has to explain complex ideas to a simple mind, like telling a preschooler why his pet doggie won't wake up and why daddy is going away with those big scary men in blue clothes while wearing those funny bracelets, they talk slowly and don't use big words. And just like talking to a toddler, Sam Harris takes his time and carefully explains everything in detail so that even you retards can understand.

When did Ben Stiller change his name?

>SUPER HARRIS VS STRAW-PRIEST.jpg

Bitter Christfag detected

Why do I keep seeing threads about this literally who bluepill kike?

i thought that was the guy from zoolander every time i see this thread... i thought u were all shitposting guys... wtf...

I agree. He is stupid. But he is a jew who pay people to say that he is a smart intellectual. Its basically his title, Sam Harris, a smart intellectual. What a joke.

rofl that's Ben Stiller

You should work on your Grammer before trying to mount a criticism against Sam Harris.

Pretty close.

truth.

Agree, Sam Harris has a lot of insight to offer for anyone wishing to sort themselves out.

They say it don't be like it is, but it do.

You're a moron. Please tell me most of Sup Forums isn't like this.

Moral Landscape is a really good book. It actually provides the framework for saying that some people and ideas are objectively worse than others. I think that's important thing to have and I think that it's to his credit that he put forward an objective system. Hopefully he will come around on the IQ issue loud and clear. At least he's SPEAKING with people like Peterson.

I watched a few of his arguments. He has some pretty good, thought-out ideas. His "debate" with Cenk on Islam was fabulous. I don't have much experience with his work outside of that interview. He seemed pretty intelligent, well-researched, and had heroic levels of patience.

Yep, and the dumbest still don't understand and run off to Sup Forums, where they belong. REEEEEEEEEE.

not an argument you little gaylord.

It takes this fuck 5 fucking minutes to say something that can be said in 30 seconds

lmfao i was about to say that hahaha

Fucking this. I lost what little respect I still had for him at that moment.

To add: also because he won't debate Jared Taylor. Even Sargoy of Mossad did it. Harris is pathetic.

He has been berating Islam for a long fucking time, long before it was called islamaphobia.

haha guess he is stupid then

That makes him smart? I'm screamin get to fucking point you pompous boring fuckhead because everyone already knew what he was trying to say

>Sam Harris is dumb
He's literally one of the greatest minds of our time.

Nothing he says is different from what Maajid Nawaaz says, so there's almost no point to him existing beyond getting people aware of Maajid.

Maajid is so much better at being an Islamist critic that he's on the SPLC anti muslim hate list - why is Sam not with him?

He's a higher level pseudo-intellectual at best. If you think he's a GOAT of our generation ,then you've got some more reading to do, pal. A lot more.

Harris completely BTFO of Scott Adams there, wtf are you talking about? Scott resorted to emotions, never seen him act that childish before.

What would Harris debate Taylor on? Would be pointless.

He's just another insecure cuck with a slightly above average IQ. Likely a micropenis.

>What would Harris debate Taylor on? Would be pointless.

Lmao what a cop out. You must be a pussy just like Harris.

I'd love to see them talk with another, I don't see what they'd debate though.
>conversation =/= debate

Human biodiversity. Or the efficacy of Affirmative Action. Basically the shit that Harris runs screaming from because of his own inherent biases. But he wont because he'll lose viewership.

I second this.
Scott Adams exposed Harris without even trying.

Weird you say that, because Ben Shapiro has asked Jared Taylor to come talk with him now for over 2 years and Jared has always come up with some silly reason not to - he's away, he's busy with a project, the timing is not right, that it's pointless because Ben's a civic nationalist. For 2 years straight Jared turned down just a conversation with that manlet. Very odd since Jared's done plenty of podcasts with other people in that time. Really makes you think... You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Into the filter you go, shill.

agree
he falls short of true intellectual

That's not a quote that Sam Harris has ever said. Nice try though.

I think he's sincere, but he lacks courage. As soon as his reasoning starts leading him into a scary place, he veers back into safer territory.

Same, for half a second, he altered his voice in a mocking tone when paraphrasing Adams and it pretty much confirmed all my suspicions. Almost at the point of coming unhinged while Adams smoothly refuted him.

Kind of like a more successful version of Destiny where his pseudointellectual persona cracks more and more as time goes on.

best thing he ever did was trigger the fuck out of hannibal bueress, other than that, meh.

10/10

I'm done with this board, I thought the whole "Sup Forums have low IQ" thing was a joke and most of the shit posted here was satire but now I realize more than half of you are legit retarded. This is probably the stupidest board on Sup Forums.

I like him but the way he keeps going about Trump and how's he's the most evil man in the universe makes me despise him. While I'm also not a Trump fan I prefer to listen to what he has to say about religions and science instead of his same regurgutated blue tick liberal rhetoric. It's unoriginal and just boring.

Bye.

I liked him a lot more before he sperged out about trump over every little thing.

Harris is a pseudo-intellectual. He has real problems accepting legitimate criticism, which is the hallmark of a weak mind.

There was a spat on Twitter recently where he said something to the effect of " In 2017, all identity politics are bad, but white supremacy is worse than the others." Everybody promptly called him out on using faulty arguments which used the very identity politics he decried, and then he doubled down by alluding to historical oppression in the 1960s. Excuse me, Sam, I thought we were talking about 2017 here, way to shift the goalposts like a disingenuous bitch. Again, someone with more integrity would've just admitted that they said something fucking stupid and moved on, but his massive ego wouldn't let him.

>Yfw you realize all atheists are insufferable liberal faggots

I hate it when Sam gets taken out of context like this

;)

I like his podcast because the subject matter is usually interesting but his speaking style is overly measured like he's trying not to slip up and say what he really thinks. He also tries to lead people to opinions that he believes will make the world more peaceful rather than to the truth.

Yes, he is scum and stupidest person in world.

I never thought I would agree with Sam Harris but he raises a lot of good points here. We shouldn't be rash to dismiss these ideas just because they came from Sam Harris.

Amen brother. I have an atheist friend who is the most pompous liberal MSM consuming asshat, and all he does is shit on religious people. He claims he is so much smarter because he doesn't believe in God. As if taking the time to reason about god and faith makes you a superior person than say a woman who goes to church every Sunday raises 3 kids, works and volunteers her extra time to feed the poor. It literally drives me up the fucking wall.

mostly liberal, however I do know a few left and right leaning centrists but they're not as bad.

what is virgin? (branson?)

Imagine taking the time to make this.

I don't even have skin in this game, but you speak as an asshole.

BUT SERIOUSLY GUYS WE CAN'T LET HIM GET THOSE NUKE CODES!!!1

get back here bitch