ITT: Manga must Reads

ITT: Manga must Reads.
what are yours?

Other urls found in this thread:

robotsneversleep.blogspot.com/2007/03/world-is-mine.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably my favourite Japanese work in general. Watched the anime, read the novel, read the manga.

The Novel is fucking heartbreaking because in the afterword the author talks about how a lot of it comes from his life as a shut in just like the MC, but how he wants to better himself and wants to become productive
but in the second afterword in a later edition he confesses how he couldn't do it, still lives the NEET lifestlye and lives of the royalties from his book like a parasite.

GTO

My favourite lewd series.

I didn't expect to fall for this so hard.

I wonder if an anime adaption of this would work. Probably not.

6000. It's fucking terrifying.

Isn't that still ongoing? The Manga at least?

I could go for some horror or spookiness. Is it just gore and death or does it have a good story?

The story is pretty good. It's great if you like undersea stuff and confined spaces.

Good selection OP, that's one of my favorites.

You know, I heard Naruto finished. I ususally don't go for these types of things because they tend to go on for 20 years, but should I give it a shot? Or is it as tedious as trying to watch the show was?

I recently read this, damn if it isn't a heavy ride the ending sucks tho

Uhm..I don't like that at all. And I find the sea to be scary on it's own.

Love this fucking series

I once recommended it to a camgirl who was feeling depressed. Haven''t seen her online since.

Why do you think the ending sucked? I think a conventional "happy ending" would have kinda ruined it. It's slice of life with an extra portion life in it.

It is, but at this point I have no doubts.

>literally a rec thread

Maybe I should give it a shot then. As a rule I don't usually start ongoing stuff because I end up finding myself 3 years later when the run is finished thinking "Wait! I was reading that! I should get back on it"

But that's good, especially for manga fans who are looking for new stuff to try.

This or the 'Abandon the Old in Tokyo' one.

>Why do you think the ending sucked?
I kind of expected it to be darker, a happy ending would have ruined the whole thing, but this ending isn't happy nor sad, it's just an ending

>I once recommended it to a camgirl who was feeling depressed. Haven''t seen her online since.
Nigga, you made her commit suicide

OP here. technically he's right. request threats are kinda cancer. But I wanted to share some of my favourites and see what other Sup Forumsnons think is essential reading.

>I once recommended it to a camgirl who was feeling depressed. Haven''t seen her online since.
Fuck off.

No, it's against the rules for a reason, and if you need a fucking thread on Sup Forums to give you new stuff then you're a pretty shitty manga fan in the first place. Not to mention that the mods nowadays are such shits that there's a manga rec general up nearly 24/7, which you would know of if you'd been here more than a week.

Well there isn't one now so just consider this todays manga rec general :^)

Are you really a NEET if you are living off money that you made from your work?

Anyone ever bought manga online from Mandarake?
How was it?

Yes, there is, you fucking retard. Check the catalog, and if you can't see what it is then lurk until you've figured it out. Holy shit.

People have misinterpreted the unspoken 'no rec' rule here. The ones which are not allowed, are blatant ones. Like, "I'm looking for some gud mango. Give me some". Basically asking to be spoonfed. Nowadays, even an OP with 'post your favorite cyberpunk', i.e. something highly specific, is called a rec thread. It's retarded, and trying so hard to fit in without knowing what the rule even needed to exist in the first place.

Well excuse me If I dont enjoy sifting through endless piles of manga to find ones I like.

MUUUH SECRIIT CLUUUUUUB!

NORMIES! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Yes, as long as he's not working/studying then is a NEET.

mods how the fuck is this not a rec thread?

Bakuon Rettou

I mean this was literally intended to be "I'm gonna post some shit I think everyone should read, feel free to post some shit if you feel like it's also a must read". Literally GIVING recommendation instead of begging for some. But I guess now it's shitted up. Oh well.

Hmm. Does that mean old people on their pension are NEETs?

Enjoy your ban in the ass.

>rec thread

Now that's a good question. Is a baby a NEET?

Holyland is probably the only one I read that would be considered a must read.

(you)

>manga rec general :^)
Get raped with a rake.

I think you have to be a teenager at least to count.

No, (you)

Yeah they are NEETs technically, but that doesn't mean they are anything like us shut-ins.

I don't understand these threads. Every single time all that's posted are the same, popular titles, again and again.
It's literally a waste of space.

Gantz
Air Gear
Everything else is optional.

You shut-ins. I still go to college.

I think no in both cases as you can only be considered a NEET if you SHOULD be in school or working. A stay at home mom isn't a neet and neither is a pensioner or a baby because they're not expected to do work.

Does the space has a limit?

I dont understand tripfags but here you are again and again. Literally a waste of space.

Never seen 6000 before.

No nigger, go lurk more if you want something good to read.

Shitty newfags who can't search the thread of the last faggot who asked the same question make this, you shouldn't be surprised.

Sometimes I wonder if the people that enjoy these threads are mentally challenged or if all if this is just a big old use.

Gokusen

Pastel (fuck you, I'm pleb and proud)

Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki

Hare-Kon

BAKUON!! fuck yes

Demi-chan wa Kataritai

ORE MONOGATARI
he is a god amongst us mere mortals.
Sheshiji O Pin! to - Shikakou kyougi Dance-Bu E Youkoso so cute and adorable you will rage till the next chapter gets released

I couldn't believe something could be so good again. The sheer common insanity of the whole thing made me lose my shit more times than i could count.

Rushed as fuck at the end but still gets all the points across.

I was thinking the same when reading your post.

Last thread reached bump limit without a single shitposter, weird. I guess someone decided to be popular just now. Mods?

But you are still a NEET if you are still making money from work you already did?

I put it on hold so the chapters can pile up nicely. It's eating at me and I want to get back to it, but I have no regrets. I wouldn't want to overhype it for you but for me personally some moments in that manga hold a special place in my memories.

Technically yes because he is still a writer and should continue to write. As he hasn't "retired" yet and doesn't work he is considered NEET.

well fuck it. I guess I'll break my "No ongoings" rule for once.

150 threads.

>I don't understand tripfags
I suggest you study up, then. For starters, that isn't a tripfag.

>calling the mods to defend your rule-breaking thread
Odd tactic.

You haven't lived until you've read KNIM in one sitting.

The World is Mine
This review explains it better than I could.
robotsneversleep.blogspot.com/2007/03/world-is-mine.html

First volume is slow and confusing at first, but everything comes together. Shit gets super real by the end of the second volume.

I hope you enjoy it.

Thinly veiled rec thread.
Rec thread enabler.
>uhm
>..
>it's
Gaia tier poster.

Sage and report, people. Learn to do it now rather than later.

user, asking to be spoonfed specific things instead of general ones doesn't change anything. And this thread isn't even specific in the first place, so I'm not sure what you're on about. Asking to be spoonfed, but doing it in coded/subtle language, doesn't change anything either.

A "general" discussion could work very well for a whole lot of niche titles. Instead of making a specific thread that would never gather enough audience for a discussion, a thread like this provides people with place to share and discuss things that they like. Isn't that the whole point of an image board?

You need to reread my post, because yours had literally nothing to do with what I was talking about.