Haifuri

Am I watching an episode of the Twilight Zone?
What the hell is going on with this show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z9G-zfvlOQk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

seems more like the x-files to me

Kuso anime.

Armpit

What was this show about again?

TORPEDO

Butts, gangsters, and cooking rice

Female bodily functions and yuri at sea

Hamsters are the key to all this

RATt you mean. It was RATts.

>RATt=
>RATt is affection of totalitarianism
I love engrish

Diesel?

I love recursive acronyms.

Holy shit these two are the best characters

>tfw the classy, all-business Mina became an autist who just quotes movies all the time

Guess that's what happens when you spend time on the reject ship.

>there are people who don't like the movie-quote antics

Minovsky mice

I'm waiting for the plot twist where it turns out Mike's mother was a hamster.

Bonus points if the reveal is done by a Frenchman aboard an English vessel.

If we go by that image, would the Harekaze been Tama's harem if there were no cats on board?

Its actually a standard of the genre for CGDCT now with your favorite military thing and anime in general to have a non-human enemy that causes conflict that doesn't have the vitirol of war but still includes war like activity.
Like the Neuroi from Strike witches being totally mysterious so they can act as target practice. Hafuri is the same, they'll just show the enemy as literal ships instead of focusing on the humans on board and it works well because you can't see them during the fights anyways. It allows them to be attacking people to help the fuck out of them thus keeping their war ethically innocent.
Japs don't want to make war complex in some shows, this is one of them. So the real enemy is just a disease.

Disease is a popular plot device of modern writing anyways. It's basically the "nameless, faceless superalien monster" of this era.

Plus it allows them to avoid the context of actual wartime, while still showing combat operations with something at stake. Nobody likes child soldiers, and it's a bit of a buzzkill to the fun antics and silly daily life segments if the action segments are brutal and violent conflicts.

It's becoming harder and harder to find non-human substitutes to serve as enemies because "they're actually just like us" is a plot device that has become so overused it's simply become the norm, and audiences automatically look at alien or monster adversaries as some sort of analogue or stand-in for real people, so it doesn't divert things at all.

It really doesn't make for good dinner conversation.

>Hey Tama, remember that time I blew up the Hiei? That was so fun, I think I saw an arm flying.

They should have gone with deep sea eldritch abominations

How do you "fight" an Old One with a WW2 destroyer?

Write IA IA on the depth charges

I'd let her sink a ship or two for that smile

I agree, I want a series on these 2 alone.

I want brutal and violent conflicts where lolis explode and sink and die though, would be pretty cool. But would be better with a male cast for sure since actual meaningdul dialogue would then ensue likely.

youtube.com/watch?v=z9G-zfvlOQk

we had madoka kid its only a matter of time until Girls und Panzer Apocalyse Now version, if there wasn't already. Proabably was and I forgot it
>male cast
>meaningful dialogue
about 90% of hafuri is all the bit characters playing their bit in reaction to whatever Mike is deciding on the bridge, I don't know how you improve that.

I'm not sure if she can keep smiling like that after sinking ships with a bunch of people on them, tho

We'll see how happy she is when she's assigned to pull bodies out of the water.

That shit happened already and it grows old as soon as you get used to it after whatever the initial shock there was.
I'd rather have a show where girls keep doing cute things despite a serious conflict with lives on the line going on around them.

...torpedo?

You can shoot my torpedo anytime qt

>joined the navy
>weren't hordes of cute girls
fucking dropped.

Just wait a few weeks at sea and they'll suddenly get a lot cuter.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel Ars Nova, with all its 3dshit and Death Star nonsense, still is the better maritime warfare anime.

By ramming it, proven to work.

In the Call of Cthulu video game Dagon appears on the bow of your ship and you just use the cannons to take him down. In that game if you look at crazy shit too much you literally kill yourself if you have a gun out, so you have to spend time staring at the floor inbetween shooting Dagon with the cannon on the ship.
In the original lovecraft story with the boat they just fucking sail away though.
I don't know, when I watch these shows I can tell they are trying to make it 'easier' to understand what the fuck they are doing and in Arpeggio I could understand far less than Hafuri.
Arpeggio is probably better if you can understand that shit, I liked the shipgirls and the transforming much more than the maritime babbles.

I wish Lovecraft lived 'til at least a little after WWII. Who knows what kind of ridiculous conflicts he would've written with the advent of nuclear warfare.

I think if he was alive today his world would be far different seeing as his luddite values got utterly shat on to the point where he'd probably be on disability from depression.
Probably spend all day on reddit.

Reddit hates Lovecraft because muh racism.

>Twilight Zone
ZONA
O
N
A

>going on a dangerous sea rescue mission
>should I take off my slutty hoop earrings?
>nah

I love Kuro's face, it's a mixture of concern and arousal.

>tfw you're not the one sinking your fingers into shiro's plump rump

If she marries into the Munetani family, she will technically be family. She knows what to do.

>a cute yet dark and violent show about shotas and an occasional older bishonen making friends, doing cute things, suffering, battling each other, getting injured and dying, all while a galaxy-spanning grimdark plot thickens around them
Would watch.

So, Pretty Marines anime?

PIRATES

Though she does love the booty. Mafuyu is 100% legit.

>Its actually a standard of the genre for CGDCT now with your favorite military thing and anime in general to have a non-human enemy that causes conflict that doesn't have the vitirol of war but still includes war like activity.
>Japs don't want to make war complex in some shows, this is one of them. So the real enemy is just a disease.
If this is true then they are already using an outdated concept. Girls und Panzer proved that you could have friendly human vs. human battles that have a similar intensity as real battles, just without people getting hurt.

>Shooting real ammo at each other
>Sometimes lit on fire
>Tumble and flip out of control
>Getting crushed under the weight of another tank
>Ramming each other
>Never any injury whatsoever
GuP was weird.

Carbon coating, dude.

Autists have already thrown tantrums about nobody being hurt in the battles we've had so far.

There is absolutely zero tension that anyone is going to get injured/die in GuP battles. Haifuri has 'real' combat where the character's lives are on the line at least.

Even if the humans are being mind controlled, this is still a battle against humans they are having. I find this show a bit weird in that they are shooting live, deadly ammo at each other so technically their lives are at stake and as soon as they got a clean hit the Harekaze would be severely damaged and half the girls would die, but I know it's not going to happen so the tension is not present. It's more or less like GuP.

Still enjoying the show of course, it's fun.

>mind controlling hamsters

The rest of Mike and Moka's families must be dead or deadbeats since I imagine usually orphaned children are foisted off to relatives first?

Is Mike cool yet?

More wetsuit girls WHEN?!

She is since ep 1

yes

worst girl of the season, right?

Best**

Who is the gayest furi?

The one played by Shia LaBoeuf.

I want to make babies with her

>worst girl of the season

worst

come on, notAzuza just took any other Bakuon away from contending for that title

>calling best girl worst girl
You are officially a faggot.

Too small and helpless to be bullied like that

These fucking characters, I swear.
This show has a great sense of humour, if nothing else.

Need more scans.

I just picked this show up and caught up with it. What days do episodes come out? Was 8 this week's episode or last week's?

Last week, next episode this Saturday.

Cheers.
Germany-chan a cute

What did you find so good about this series?

It was funny, character interactions were entertaining, actual military stuff was well handled and the whole plot based entirely on broken-telephone miscommunication at sea and magical mind-control hamsters from the abyss felt like something right out of Gyo and was equally amusing for its absurdity.

It's cute and fun with good action and clearly doesn't take itself too seriously, that makes it very easy to like.

Newfags will eat anything.

Hamsters
And it's AWESOME

Hamsters and ice cookers

You are wrong about this being not human caused though. Those rats were genetically engineered by the Japanese government to test gene modification for underwater low-oxygen environment.

Nobody said anything about the cause not being human, but the fact that the actual antagonist is a disease and not an adversarial human faction is an important distinction. None of the humans they fight against are actually bad guys, and fights are always to rescue their opponent and not harm them, because the true enemy aren't the people that they're fighting, but the disease that's infecting them.

"mysterious evil government agents from a defunct, unethical research institute left over from a previous era" is another one of those really common modern tropes in japanese writing. All mysterious evil things either come from the evil imperial or the evil americans manipulating post-war reconstruction-era japanese, who are really just the evil imperials finding a new master to work under.

Sort of like how american writing went through that phase where there was constantly a shady, adversarial not-CIA government agency that wanted to capture and dissect everything in Area 51.

Replace the got part on this with that gif.

It's more of a 'things went horribly, horribly wrong' instead of the governmental agency being evil this time around.

There is definitely an evil government agency performing unethical experiments in complete secrecy, the whole point is that the agency is long gone and research abandoned, only now coming back up to cause trouble because of complete random chance while the government falls over itself to cover up the mistakes of its past.

Why do you think the Ministry was so quick to jump to the mutiny conclusion? They're well aware of what was on that island and what was going down, they had sent a research team to cover it up, after all. They wanted the Harekaze sunk because they knew things had gone south and didn't want the secret getting out.

I hope some evil government agency shows up and tries to take control over the hamsters. The current situation is too boring.

I can't help but feel that they're setting up for Musashi being the final boss and that the plot won't ever go beyond mind-control hamster virus and childhood friend rescue.

My thoughts exactly. I'll be very surprised if they actually go beyond that.

There are four episodes left. It'd be lame if they were just ship of the week episodes, and having the Musashi as the final boss means Moka has practically no screentime.

>Moka has practically no screentime.
This has been true of the entire series so far.