Macross Delta

Red is the new black.

Other urls found in this thread:

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28706477
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP is the new faggot

Reminder that Messer/Kaname is Best Ship.

I want to start watching this shit, do I need to see the older ones?If so, in which order?

You don't need to.

Delta is nothing but a meta commentary on the current state of Macross and its fans.

>Mirage represents Delta as a whole, and how it is trying to live up to the legacy set by SDF and previous series
>Messer is the fans who pretends to only care about the dogfights and doesn't give a shit about idolshit, but secretly enjoys it
>Freyja is the fans who only like the music and didn't realize there's more to Macross than idolshit
>Hayate is someone completely new to Macross and learning to enjoy it without caring about the previous series
>Bogue is the REEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK IDOLS ie Robotechfags

I love Kaname!

You don't need to but I'd say it's advisable that you do.

But where does Kumo fit into all of this?

So, Sup Forums, which Macross has the best dogfights? Delta is pretty disappointing as far as those go so far.

Mikumo is the whole idea

>Bogue is the REEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK IDOLS ie Robotechfags
fuckin' roboguetechfag

she's kawamori's self-insert

Of what?

Messer please.

I wish it was Delta Sunday already

I really want the jacket

>>Bogue is the REEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK IDOLS ie Robotechfags
Kek, this fits him pretty good. His attacks on the idols are like clockwork.

this needs to be updated

Put
>get cucked at Ranka beach
>Messer/Kaname
>sleep tight,Freyer
>according to the interview Freyja/Mirage will win

>So, Sup Forums, which Macross has the best dogfights?

Plus.

I'm rewatching Frontier now because of Delta. I didn't like Frontier back then because I thought the premise with the singing was dumb, but I'm pretty much over it. Forgot how much of a bitch she was.

>get cucked at Ranka beach
You talking about Mirage? She was the one on the beach, pouring her heart out and insecurities while Hayate basically ignored her, rose, gave her back and talked about Freyja.

thing's i've also heard a lot:
>I love Kaname!
>Shinpi!
>Messer best boy!
>Sheryl cameo when?
>idolshit, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Anyone user. Freyja who misunderstanding and ran away and Mirage who listening to Hayate talking about Freyja.

Needs some more MAKINA THICC memes.

She was. She gets better though. But people like to retroactively state that they were on her side from the start, and she was best girl from the start. Even though those of us who were here remember otherwise.

>Older girl always wins
>First girl always wins

And the like arguments as well.

>he types the title of anime in the subject field
16er trend that came from this website with the upboats. you might as well go back there op

The fuck are you going on about?

>He uses the board as intended, REEEEE

Protocurucha

You'd have a point if he was dumb enough to put it in the name field, but there's no problem with using the subject field.

You should update it to include the guy that keeps posting about Roy Focker.

drop the "get cucked". so, just use
>ranka beach
it's pretty self-explanatory

Nice try Rankashitter

purotokarucha you pleb

>giving that faggot attention

and inflate more his ego? no.

>x always wins

This is the worst. The Macross sample size is 4. Madman Kawamori could be flipping a coin to determine who was going to win and there would be a reasonable chance of heads coming up 4 times.

There are posts about opinions on MAL and animesuki as well. It could be done like

>Guys guys, there's this autist somewhere else on the internet

or something like that.

And we know for a fact he actively enjoys fucking with his fan's heads. Just look at the pineapple thing in Frontier.

No, the macross sample size is 3, the 4th one is still being flipped right now.

Futa fetishists

Isn't it five?

SDF, II, Plus, 7, Zero, Frontier and delta ongoing if we want to be really autistic about it. So six, soon to be 7.

>Implying II is canon
>Implying 7 had a triangle

Obviously we have to discard some entries anyway, like plus since it was 2 dudes and the older didn't win.

I dunno. Wasn't there kind of a triangle with Sharon in it?

三角関係なんてくだらねえぜ! 俺の歌をきけぇ!

She's not though.

Stop spamming this shit on every thread, retard.

>she beats Alto's cock every night
being Alto is truly suffering

>no full version of Cosmic Movement

Life is suffering.

Why are side couples always so great?

Yes. Exactly. One was a girl buying on bullshit and the other one got actually btfo in front of her.

Is the idea that the pet phone things take after their owners?

Wind end confirmed.

Just settle for this
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28706477

Freyja's "biri" always make me cum.

I have been, but Delta really loves to put as many jet engines, dialogue, and PA filters over the songs as possible. I just want to hear a clean version.

>Mikumo: Are You Okay?
>Freyja: H-Hai

Gets me every time.

Why is he so moe?

God i forgot about that he's a sick fuck i tell ya

So wherever they go to Kawamori for direction he just spouts some cryptic shit and throws up gang sign's?

7 had triangle, it was Gamlin: bromance with autistic guy or sweet 14 year old half meltrandi pussy.

So Walkure busts with their partner VF

MakimakixMiramira confirmed

What was the pineapple thing in Frontier?

Ozma eats pineapple cake right before battle (a callback to Roy Focker's pineapple salad), is wounded in battle and ignores his wounds to go watch Ranka's debut concert then falls over succumbing to his wounds. It's basically the exact same as Focker's death, except he gets rushed to the hospital and survives.

Just Kawamori playing with the long time fans' expectations and emotions. It's a good example of why you shouldn't trust something just because it seems to be following an established Kawamori pattern. Hell trust it less the closer it is to an established pattern if anything.

The partnerships aren't all going to be romantic, are they?

I'm going to have to rewatch this because I don't remember the pineapple at all from that scene.

KanamexMesser

Episode 17 was full of death flags for Ozma, including a pineapple cake he baked for Ranka (and which cheered her up), but it's far from being the only death flag in that episode. It was funny as fuck.
I'll always remember that fucker Michel's comment at the end of the episode when we discover Ozma's actually not dead.

Also we did get a death right after

I remember Micheal saying something about all thay drama and no one died for real.

Arad x Mikumo
Messer x Kaname
Chuck x Reina
Mirage x Makina
Hayate x Freyja
It's not work because there're one /u/ pairing.

It is a really good episode in general if you like that sort of meta humor.

>Also we did get a death right after
8 years ago there're an arguing about Michel's death is Ranka's fault or it's not. So what is the truth?

The fuck, seriously?
but yeah, it's ALWAYS Ranka's fault
or Kawamori's

Bogue becomes a good guy. Still calls Hayate an Earthling

Yeah, it was hilarious. Especially the part where Ozma looks at the camera and says he promised he wasn't going to die. And then three episodes later Michel dies.

>implying space terrorists can become good guys
Windermerians are straight up evil.
Unlike every other Macross bad guys these fucks have a moral compass and are capable of empathy but still actively target and slaughter innocents regardless.

Is Hayate even from earth?

>Delta is nothing but a meta commentary on the current state of Macross and its fans.
>>Mirage represents Delta as a whole, and how it is trying to live up to the legacy set by SDF and previous series
>>Messer is the fans who pretends to only care about the dogfights and doesn't give a shit about idolshit, but secretly enjoys it
>>Freyja is the fans who only like the music and didn't realize there's more to Macross than idolshit
>>Hayate is someone completely new to Macross and learning to enjoy it without caring about the previous series
>>Bogue is the REEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK IDOLS ie Robotechfags

Ok, my hands off to you

MIRAGEFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

He's definitely descended from someone from earth. We have no idea where he's from.

>Why are side couples always so great?

Beta couples tends to be in a TON of media

Maybe because they're just short bursts

Delta's dogfights have been quite enjoyable imo, on account of there actually being consistent amounts of dogfights. Last two episodes was pretty good about this

They will. The sooner you accept it the better. It's going to happen, it's just a matter of when.

If the Zentraedi who literally nuked the Earth can be good guys, anybody can

>but still actively target and slaughter innocents regardless.
Haven't they explicitly not been doing this?

Do you mean dogfights or things blowing up? Because Delta dogfights look pretty good to me.
What I miss are battles with fleets.

UTA WA ______

Man Delta has an inordinate amount of Windermere shitters. To be expected there were people who couldnt believe that Vajra never answered for the lives they took.

SHINPI

UTA WA SENSOU

Zentradi had absolutely no concept of a civilian. To them their entire existence was war and violence. They killed civilians because they knew no better.

>Haven't they explicitly not been doing this?
No. The first episode depicts someone infected with Var blowing up a bus ISIS style and then every other depiction of the infection is people firing into crowds. The infected have never shown any coordination or purpose before the aerial knights show up but due to fold signals or whatever many of the previous outbreaks before that happened were attributed to Windermere.

Windfags are terrorists and deserve a genocide or at the very least a gommie revolution to purge the nobility.

>LONG LIVE BELKA

My sides.

GENKI

Or the Protodevlin. They just left.

"Now that we know how to make our own food, we're gonna leave even though we killed a lot of grunts, all of Gamlin's friends and was about to end the galaxy"

What did he mean by this?

>They killed civilians because they knew no better.
They also blew up the planet. I mean, that kind of goes beyond killing soldiers.

>No. The first episode depicts someone infected with Var blowing up a bus ISIS style
Actually according to the manga and side materials, Var has always been around. The thing on Al Shahal was the first time the Windermereans used Var for mind control on their own but it has been around in the galaxy before the show started, the things we saw in the opening montage were previous cases of Var, not the Windermereans using it

Most revolutionaries used tactics like this even Revolutionaries who were considered justvlike American revolution. Windermere would not win in a straight out fight so they have to resort to tactics like this. Once theybhavr control over the Var they can have bloodless occupations. The first attack on Al Dhahal eas a test