How do I know if I am mentally ill?

Symptoms:
> Loner: avoid contact with people as much as possible
> Avoidant: Avoid social gatherings and responsibility whenever possible
>Anxious-preoccupied: Overthink things to the point of inaction.

Diagnosis?

Other urls found in this thread:

omh.ny.gov/omhweb/childservice/mrt/global_assessment_functioning.pdf
gulfbend.org/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=8213&cn=18
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder
youtube.com/watch?v=AwCp6RuQsZc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

my diagnosis: lazy faggot who wants to avoid work and growing up

You got problems. It's never going to get better, it's never going to go away.

Do you remember that time in your life when you left your house and knew people? Try to emulate that. It sounds like you need Jesus though.

lay off the weed or start smoking weed

DIAGNOSIS:

you realize how shitty the world is so you avoid making contact. youve swallowed the blackpill. I prescribe the following:

>daily exercise
>nightly book reading
>learn a new skill (programming or something)

do this for a few months and come back for a check up.

You are suffering from retardation.

>diagnosing yourself via anons
are you retarded or some spook trying to make Sup Forumslacks doubt themselves? Report this thread, it has nothing to do with politics.

You go to a shit bar by yourself.

>pot

Here: omh.ny.gov/omhweb/childservice/mrt/global_assessment_functioning.pdf

The lower you score, the more severe you have a mental illness and the more severe it is.

gulfbend.org/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=8213&cn=18

>shit bar

Pajeet behind proxy detected.

Early Floyd was best Floyd

>my diagnosis: lazy faggot who wants to avoid work and growing up
you were beaten as a child. Do beatings work? are you successful faggot?

100% of psychology is jewish bullshit

You got the 100+ IQ blues. Smoke weed and get used to it.

don't be so hard on yourself user, you might not be

>tfw 130
act like a dumb normie and you will become a dumb normie

Diagnosis: Virgin

also these. Psychology is extremely useful but misdiagnoses are commonplace

how does getting hpv from a coal burner roastie solve his existential angst exactly?

i'm the same, it's called anxiety and depression

it's really, really important to nip that shit in the bud, if at all possible.

hahahaha

/thread

wasted

bollocks, i do all of this and i'm stuck in the shit abyss

>Diagnosis
Supreme faggotry

Real talk though, this

That's it? No crippling major depression, in addition to these symptoms? Go back to Facebook. I come here to get away from you fucking normal people.

if you still have any friends left, get in contact and hang out with them right this instant

Schizo confirmed. Consult your nearest doctor and take every drug he recommends.

math teacher

Get a fucking job and keep active you faggot, its not hard. Accomplish something.

Funny thing is, I totally get it man!

There are things called condom. His angst comes from fear of rejection, if you know that you are able to attract a mate, you have way less of a reason for that.

this is the correct answer and checked its just most people wont do it.

>captcha: goldfish

fug

Checked and pretty much this. OP is a lazy faggot.

Another totally bullshit disease created to extort money. Watch as millions of people are diagnosed with such bullshit when UBI is rolled out.

Yes Goy. Before Paxil was invented everyone was happy all the time and never had any problems. Take the pill goy. You're sick goy.

Thats a good way of putting it. I havent got the slightest clue how people like James Woods havent necked themselves after having to deal with pleb tier America for so long.

you think psychosis is made up?

>Watch as millions of people are diagnosed with such bullshit when UBI is rolled out.
basic income isn't predicated on being a psycho

>Diagnosis?

rampant alcoholism until your guts are shot, you planned on killing yourself anyways right?

And don't forget you are tired and should take a nap.

im in the same boat but my appearance would tell you otherwise. with me however I was forced to be social (even though I still dread it) so I can even mask the illusion as being "very social" when I am and would rather not

its about forcing yourself to do things you don't want to in order to mimic and gain experience. im going to assume you are old (over 40) so just force yourself to do uncomfortable things. you are not alone. I have absolutely no family or friends and an anti-social personality yet still manage to function and be productive

if you are young (under 30) disregard this as the majority of youth has this phase. its all about experience and time because the longer you do something (socially) the more you gain off it (relationship, hobby, school)

i should add I am a huge procrastinator, but even doing something every so often (eg. drawing once every couple of months/watching a movie) is something

No, of course it's not all made up, but the way every single person is diagnosed with it is. Assburgers, adhd and autism are all overdiagnosed. The way it's made out to be like on a sliding scale is a trick. UBI will result in more and more people being put on the scale.

I'll need way, waaaaaay more info about you than that before i can make a psuedo-science diagnosis of you

t. psych grad student

>>nightly book reading
Picked up a book I reserved at the library. Sat down at city hall to skim it (I borrow lots of books and don't read them). Have a little read, think it was maybe ten minutes. Leave and notice it has been an hour. I really need to lay off the internet...

>mentally ill
>just want to stay at home and shitpost so theres no reason to try to fix myself

Weight lifting

That would be the treatment

>if you are young (under 30) disregard this
bad advice, your formative adult years are vital because they're a rapid transition where you're frequently taken out of your comfort zone and introduced to new people and situations; and you can either seize this or shy away from it. i completely isolated myself and shut myself away from 16 to the present day (26) so i'm utterly developmentally stunted and see no way out of this mess now that i've lost contact with all friends and struggle to even leave the house. OP needs to pull the fucking ejection cord and throw himself out there, salvage what is left of his social circle and nurture his sanity back to full health.

autism is highly overdiagnosed, but psychosis and schizophrenia have clear symptoms, i.e. seeing and hearing that which is not there.

>UBI will result in more and more people being put on the scale.
but diagnoses have nothing to do with ubi, because ubi is universal

>act like a dumb normie and you will become a dumb normie

Bullshit, I've acted dumber for years and all it's gotten me is an inability to properly articulate my speech unless I'm affecting an accent or inebriated and a severe decrease in my ability for witty banter. I used to be able to leave someone completely dazed with no idea how to respond if I decided to seriously let loose on them, now I can't talk for shit so it doesn't work as well.

You're not mentally ill, OP. If you are, society made you that way. Like me, you grew up normal, but somewhere down the line you were like, fuck this I'm not putting up with it anymore.

That's pretty much what happened with me. Society today is degenerate af. If I'm mentally ill for not wanting to be a part of it, or around people, then so be it. At least I'm happy.

there's a subculture or group for nearly everyone though, it's not necessary to join the morons

Hello me. I hate me as much as me hate I.

Doesn't matter who it is, good or bad being around people is very stressful. Even making friends is stressful for me because in the back of my mind I know they're only my friends because they want something from me. Plus I'm not the type to just fall in line unless I have to.

it is stressful

>they want something from me
the pleasure of your company

schizoid personality disorder

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder

I wasn't talking about schizophrenia or psychosis.
There's a new "illness" on the block.

All in all, I'm content with my current life. If I need social interaction there's the Internet and video games. If I need actual company, I have my two huskies. I'm happy.

I'm not anti-social, but I can vouch for him. Every time someone comes up to me being all buddy-buddy, especially if I'm at, say a club or bar, I know they want something from me, and I don't mean drugs. Either contacts hoping for a job, tagging for a wingman, etc. Connections, really. I don't want to be a connector.

get on track for self improvement: physical exercise and educating yourself beyond just what you were taught. If it is any consolation you share good company in your misery, many great philosophers shared your solitude. Harness it and you'll understand what becoming a better person means. Don't be afraid to confront that which is causing you to feel this way, face it and use it to make yourself better.

what a nice way to throw almost anyone under the "you're mentally ill" bus

psychologists have much to answer for

wow im similar to op but im kind of accepting of it, been this way for 2 years.

I spend most my day online shitpisting on /biz/, Sup Forums and some crypto telegrams.

lift at home once a week, do body weighted exercises twice a week and go for a run once a week.

I have a job I work 2 days a week, the other 5 are spent on the computer chair or lying on the sofa.

you know yourself through experience that a minority of people will grow old and die alone, a few % may never even have 1 relationship during their life, just accept that YOU are one of those people.

this is the perfect age for hermit life, we dont have to do shit, its all online

Go to a psychiatrist.

Don't forget:
>self diagnoses when he doesn't actually know anything
>blogs on an anonymous website like a faggot

Force yourself to do things. The older you get the less you'll give a fuck. Shine on you crazy diamond.

You were traumatized/abused as a kid. Figure how, why, who.

"self-improvement" is a meme for internet-dwelling young men to justify to themselves their addiction to gains. you don't see intelligent shut-ins living fulfilling lives just because they're pretty much modern-day polymaths, which is the very definition of "self-improvedness" by the common definition you see on Sup Forums.

aaaand he died in his 30s

>Diagnosis?

Smarter than the average person.

if you kill yourself your enemies will only laugh

At least he died a man.

I'm super sensitive, high intensity of emotions, overloaded with empathy...so I don't think I have SPD.

Who cares? Just remember
>you're not special
>you're not mysterious
>people will not feel bad for you
>unironically, no one cares about your shit
>no girl will ever 'save' you
>you're not all that smart
>you won't be one of those successful autists like in the movies
>again, literally no one cares
also you're a faggot

Well, if you don't think you are crazy, you are likely crazy.

If you think you are crazy, you can't possibly be crazy.

Simple.

How do I do this? I have the means to pay of therapy, just want to make sure it is the correct therapy.

I have been blackpilled since hs

I used to do activities but i never fit in, for example
>join music school during holidays
>during break walk up to a group of kids who seemed friendly
>"hi"
>"Fuck off retard, no one likes you"
People also used to avoid me

For the last 9 years of my life i have thought about killing myself every single day

Oh shut the fuck up you fucking drama queen. If you were serious about it you would've done it already. Stop whining.

Pretty much this

just kill yourself and make sure to take others with you

You're trapped, there is a way to get out but that's not what you want to hear

this
this is Sup Forums
it is modern day sloth, goy

You have SCT and need to start using Strattera

Shine on you Crazy Diamond

It turns out you have avoidant personality disorder, as well as a touch of neurotic cleptomania. You have medical insurance, I assume? The cure for these symptoms can be costly. If you're suffering from UBI blues, we can prescribe additional cures.

youtube.com/watch?v=AwCp6RuQsZc

To keep sane in an insane society you do have to isolate yourself to some extent.

With the mass media brainwashing and people swallowing drugs on masse i am not surprised that more people are retreating into themselves

You were poorly raised and socialized as a child, so you lack the basic skills the average member of a strong society possesses. I had the same issue. You can overcome it, but you'll have to challenge yourself and face your fears. The advice is what you always hear: Lift, socialize, get a job, find some hobbies, get a gf, go to church. It's simple because all good things are simple. But it's simple because all simple things are hard. You weren't dealt a great hand, but dwelling on what cannot be changed is #1 on shit to cut out.

My own personal piece of advice: read the bible, the Bhagavad Gita, and the Upanishads. Read them with a mindset of receptivity, with a mindset of humility. Read them with faith that deep truths are there, even if you can't understand them. If you can't do that, and you'll only read them as a flippant materialist, don't bother.

You're a human. You have these emotions and feelings because you are alive. We are all different and have different quirks and ways of thinking and acting. People calling you mentally ill are mentally ill themselves as they can't stand others who don't think and act like they do. Interactions with humans are a way of reassuring each other that we aren't insane. So it is necessary for your own cognitive well being to interact with at least one other human.
Other than that you are just a person, who is different...different just like everyone else.

dude lifting lmao

Maybe you're normal and everybody else is mentally ill? Society boils down to this: bunch of faggot nigger sociopaths gayed their way into positions of power, now they sit around and either force or trick people into providing labor or spending money on stupid shit.
And nothing makes sense. "Dont be racist", while the entire wealthy community just built their foundation via racism. "pledge allegience to the flag", while sociopaths in business fuck everyone, the citizens, the government, the investors. "free market", yet government literally has a hand in everything from banks, food, healthcare. "care about your community, vote, etc", yet people in well paying professions aren't spending anytime giving a shit.
World be fucked. The crazy ones are the dumb fucks hopping on a cruise ship like everything is awesome.

>How do I know if I am mentally ill?
Everybody has a bit of a personality disorder one way or the other.
They key question to whether you're mentally ill or not is: Can you function with your disorder? If not, get treatment.

Example: I once met a girl who was afraid of meeting people. So much so, that in the end it even interfered with her work. (She carved tombstones, true story.) There's actually drugs for that kind of disorder.

thank mr. noseberg

I am 29, a c++ developer and have the same behavior. It is related t intelligence, nothing to worry about.

(Coming from a Nurse Practitioner)
You seem to have some issues around anxiety. I'd suggest changing your diet, adding in some exercise and meditation to see if that works before you consider seeing a mental health professional. (because they'll feed your ass with Jew SSRI's that honestly do jack shit IMO)

i did this. the trick afterwards is stop over-analyzing hypothetical situations in which you are involved in. no one gives a h*ck.