What's with Japan's obsession with England?

What's with Japan's obsession with England?

Why is it that, when there is a foreign-descended character in an anime, chances are that character(specially girls) is part English?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinophile#United_Kingdom
desustorage.org/a/thread/130809391/#q130823457
desustorage.org/a/thread/130817127/#q130817127
desustorage.org/a/thread/132703825/
desustorage.org/a/thread/132703825/#132704020
desustorage.org/a/post/132989194/
desustorage.org/a/thread/132899032/#132903092
desustorage.org/qa/thread/316518/#q316518
desustorage.org/qa/thread/316518/#322039
desustorage.org/qa/thread/316518/#322121
finland.or.jp/public/default.aspx?contentid=243205&nodeid=41264&contentlan=23&culture=ja-JP
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Germans, french and russians seem more common IMO.

dess

Americans, germans, and chinks are a lot more common.

Japan loves Germans for some reason

They're both island nations with a stiff-upper-lip culture, a love of tea, and somewhat ambivalent relations with their continental neighbors.

Watch more anime.

This

They've had tons of history together. Britain apparently sees itself in Japan, with their politeness, love of tea, and relative isolation from the rest of the continent.

France is their favorite country and German/Russian girls are by far the most popular. If you see a girl with white hair in an anime with even a slightly contemporary setting odds are that she's German, they are the most common pure foreigner girls. Mixed breeds are usually British/French though.

Japan had the misfortune of being kept under American imperialism instead of British Imperialism.

Like a no-good whore wife in NTR hentai they let America fuck them but they secretly dream of being degraded and completely fucked rotten by a real Empire like America's disgusting old man dad.

Time for a semi-obscure anime fact.

>(キティ・ホワイト Kiti Howaito?), born in the suburbs of London, England, on November 1

O-Ok...

Because when Japan first began industrializing under the Meiji era, the nation they looked to the most for guidance and inspiration was Britain. The first ships of the IJN were made in British shipyards. It's also why they drive on the left.

Japan was a close ally of Britain from the 1880s onwards. They conducted a joint invasion of Tsingtao during WWI. The US military had even drafted plans in the 1920s to deal with a war against an Anglo-Japanese alliance, because they were concerned that Britain would inevitably side with Japan when the Japanese and American empires would inevitably come to blows.

There is always a next time, without Italy.

Everyone knows nips have great taste, that's why.

That's pretty interesting

>It's also why they drive on the left

No, they drive on the left because that's the correct way that comes from being able to draw your sword on oncoming horses.

Napoleon was left handed so he changed the side to the right and 'Murricans being chronically butthurt went with the one Britain wasn't doing and it carried on to the present day.

As I recall, traditionally horse teamsters passed each other on the right, whereas ship passed each other on the left. Britain, being very much a maritime nation, adopted the sailors' convention, while America and Continental Europe simply continued the horse convention to the newfangled horseless carriages.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

if only it was that nice in real life

>No anime or manga featuring glorious north of England

I think Bartender came pretty close once.

P-Please let Italy in

Oh come on user, don't you feel comfy and welcome there?

>France
>popular in Japan
I'm pretty sure you mean the opposite.

>for some reason

>Liberalism go to Hell!
I think I kinda like that one.

You don't want spillover, use a separate site.

Because they know the UK is secretly a moe girl.

No they're in love with Naz- I mean Germans.

>ホワイト
It stands for 'white'.

I've got one of those saved too.

>People claiming that they care more about Americans and Chinks

That's not true. The most popular foreigners in anime are the Brits and the Germans.
The Brits for more peaceful, SoL anime and the Germans for more militaristic anime.

The French are sometimes shown, and the Americans when need be, but they're hardly as central or common as the Germans or Brits.

Other way around? Brits don't give a fuck about the nips.

Have a third.

The hell are you even talking about, they have a fucking well documented condition known as Paris Syndrome where dipshits get depressed over the culture shock of Paris not being some sort of paradise. Japanese people are often the most susceptible to this.

>Russians more common
Not as common as Brits and Krauts, but common nonetheless.

Why is Karen so shit? She ruined the whole country.

Because Japs lie to themselves about Europe. They think it's all white and fairy-tale like, but it's full of niggers. If some Japs went to London, I'm sure they'll experience a similar syndrome.

America developed a large freight wagon early on called the Conestoga wagon which was large enough that drivers had to sit on the left side of the front as opposed to the right. The drivers also popularized Conestoga cigars, or "stogies".

I've noticed that the Nips like to have a British woman + Japanese male pairing. Do they think they can cuck us?

I have seen a total of 5 niggers in my life.

I thought we were speaking of foreign characters in manga and anime. France is way behind Russia, Great Britain, the USA, China, Italy and Finland in terms of characters.

Who would voice them? I'm guessing Ao-chan for at least one.

>Do they think they can cuck us?
Considering the fact that Sup Forums's rate of virgins is even greater than Japan's?
Yes.

It's probably just a fantasy to counteract the reality of American men taking Japanese women.

You'll never be a cute British househusband to a hardworking older business woman who enjoys nothing more than coming home to your home cooked meals and receiving a hug from you

>Taking

That's a nice euphemism for raping.

*smokes pipe*
I'll bet OP is English and is merely projecting onto the anime when he relates to an English person in it, finds it more memorable, and has confirmation bias.
*smokes pipe*

As they say user, can't rape the willing.

>John Lennon

Yoko Ono detected.

>*actions*
Kill yourself.

Well, I am British.

But I certainly won't be a damned househusband.

Subhuman. Most of these girls are unwilling and are forced to have sex by these Americans.

Brits only like Chinaland.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinophile#United_Kingdom

>Most of these girls are unwilling and are forced to have sex by these Americans
Is that a fact?

She's probably not Japanese. No Jap would date a nigger.

I just see Asia for the taking.

No, she's a Jap alright. Asami's the name, and our melanin-enriched friend is a Ghanian-American.

It's alright, you can call him a nigger, he calls himself that after all.

>Asami
Sounds like a slut.

ShindoL told me something else.

most niggers in nipland are the children of military men that was stationed in japan.

ShindoL is a faggot who defamed the ineffable image of Yotsuba-chan. His word means NOTHING around here.

It's pretty ironic when you call somebody a faggot.

Especially China?

Especially China. Good land for tea.

Don't reply to him. Just filter him like everyone else.

>tfw walking around London spotting all the locations from the movie

Why didn't you just take it over instead trying to learn about its people and culture?
Subtle, classy, invasion?

>for some reason

Japan's relationship with Germany comes from the fact that the IJA was trained, organized, and styled around Prussian lines, as well as the obvious collaboration in WWII.

I wonder why.

That's not what my javs tell me
There are some where jap girls travel to africa to have unprotected sex with niggers

japs appreciate english culture and the former glory that you crook toothed britbongs once had.

Not the shithole of what england is now.

Same thing happened to me, I went to London for the day and as I was walking around I happened to see a K-on picture in the window of a pub. Then realised it was a place from the movie promo art. It was much more fun coming across it unexpectedly.

K-on picture is a bit bleached and faded now though.

I saw that JAV cover with a bunch of scary niggers with AK-47s surrounding a little Japanese woman. Wish I could find a download link for it.

Pretty sure they expect Japanese otaku pilgrimages from the K-On! movie

Technically a café, but yeah. I've passed by it a few times too (and stayed in the same Ibis unknowingly)

Hong Kong misses being part of the anglo master race. Fuck China.

I have it somewhere but I don't remember the name. It was easy to find but it was years ago

did she got out of there alive?

Wow Sup Forumsermin crossie tripfag is a cuck what a surprise.

Hong Kong has really gotten the shit end out of the deal.

Nah, I just like triggering Sup Forumsfags.

You're shitting up the place for everybody.

You're worse than Sup Forumsfags you stupid Sup Forumstard nigger kill yourself.

The JSDF protected her. So to answer your question: no.

Yeah that cover has been floating around forever but for some reason I could never find a download link for the movie. Looks interesting and it's by the same company who made Boku no Pico I think.

Or American.
You guys showed 'em in WW2. Now they are just ass kissing because they are scared of more bombs. Secretly they really hate you though. They love the germans, of course, but not the current face of it...

derp_commander !!SSXdvR3LCoa AKA the biggest troll/newfag on Sup Forums that you're STILL responding to.

>Has been tripping for less than a year
>Has been on Sup Forums less than a year
>visits Sup Forums yet regularly tells people to go back there
>Has only seen 6 series to completion, has only been seen discussing KLK and other Toonami shit
>loves dubs
>loves Toonami
>Contradicts himself more than Sup Forums (which he still uses)
>Name is fucking derp commander
Supports cross boarding

desustorage.org/a/thread/130809391/#q130823457

"Not" Toonami threads

desustorage.org/a/thread/130817127/#q130817127
desustorage.org/a/thread/132703825/
desustorage.org/a/thread/132703825/#132704020
desustorage.org/a/post/132989194/

Admits to have only seen 6 series in their entirety

desustorage.org/a/thread/132899032/#132903092

Crying on /qa/, admitting to being a newfag on Sup Forums and did his homework on ED to prove his epic oldfag status
desustorage.org/qa/thread/316518/#q316518

desustorage.org/qa/thread/316518/#322039

desustorage.org/qa/thread/316518/#322121

In conclusion, don't reply to him, don't tell him to fuck off just filter him and move on

Too bad Japan Japan obsessed with fantasy England which exist only in anime. Paris syndrome, not even once.

Those outlines are pretty far-fetched when compared to a certain northern country.
finland.or.jp/public/default.aspx?contentid=243205&nodeid=41264&contentlan=23&culture=ja-JP

There's nothing more annoying than Naziboos claiming to love Germany when all they know about its more than thousand years of history is those godforsaken 12 years of the Nazi regime, while never even having read any Leibniz, Schiller, know nothing about the HRE, haven't read a single Eschenbach poem and be completely clueless about German philosophy and legal tradition.

don't kid yourself, all nips are giga ameriboos and crave yanks more than anything

The Japanese education system is really weird. Especially in terms of history I really would love to hear their version of WW2. They seem to really admire the germans and think they were best buds but at the time they couldn't stand each other and if they somehow won it probably would've come to blows sooner rather than later.

It pisses me off when people claim the germans were cool because of their martialism when they're really just recycling old prussian traditions.

They made Bionic Commando, the original "blow Hitler's head up" game, so they don't seem to like him so much.

I said 'germans' meant to say Nazi's

>Paris syndrome
Thanks for the trivia senpai

>Idealized image of Paris – it is also speculated as manifesting from an individual's inability to reconcile a disparity between the Japanese popular image and the reality of Paris. The Japanese often picture Paris as a land of dreams, the land of beauty, culture, romance, and French people. However, they soon find out the contrary when they visit Paris for the first time. They find it to be a very regular place, the facilities are disorganized, the population is largely non-white, many areas are unclean, and life characterized by noise, not like what was in their imagination.

Tokyo syndrome is also a thing. Imagine going half way round the world to find Japan is nothing like anime.