Ibogaine- is it a meme?

Can drug and alcohol addiction really be solved with another drug?

Can ibogaine really cure anyone's addictions?

Have a friend with a serious alcohol problem, appreciate any serious insight.

Other urls found in this thread:

rational.org/index.php?id=253
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sup Forums is really the last place to ask for advice on entheogens. It would be more fruitful to ask around on 420chan or peruse through the wealth of literature, research, and documented experiences organized on Erowid's Ibogaine page.

im not interested in what the druggies down at 420 chan have to say, i want to hear what anti drug people have to say.

People like those at 420 chan think that lsd is cure to alcoholism also which is nonsense. They think drugs are the answer to everything.

I want to know any opposing view about ibogaine as well as positive

I hope your fag friend dies with a black dick in their ass
>serious incite
nice fag pic

You should consider dmt before ibogaine, using them one after another a few weeks apart is ideal

also, does anyone know if it requires the ritualistic setting or can you take it anywhere and it works?

dmt is demonic shit. nobody should take it ever

bump

I'm ok with crazy psychedelics helping break the first 48 hours of insanity. Shrooms 1/8th+ at a time will overcome Heroin/meth shakes, nigga.

Addiction's serious. And the solution is the rotation. Why the fuck are Palm trees always captcha now?

I worked at a clinic several years back. mostly as a counselor and friend to those going through treatment. I'd have to say it's pretty damn effective if you have a terrible heroin or opiate addiction. many people that were treated had had addictions for up to 10 years or more and nothing they did seemed to work. I keep in contact with some of the people today and they live really successful lives.

I can't say it will help your friend because most people who need ibogaine .are those who have opiate addictions. However, one common experience I heard told and told again was the powerful experience people had when they did take it. Many people claimed they saw loved ones, relived old traumas, and somehow found closure. I think the shock of the experience has a profound impact on someone suffering from addiction, but there is some science that suggests the ibogaine itself may be doing something chemically such as revitalizing dopamine receptors ruined from constant drug use.

as far as the place I worked at ( it was in mexico ) they were very serious, had a doctor on site, as well as several other medical professionals. a lot of the people smoke marijuana, in fact the center even had to pay off the local drug dealers to not sell drugs to their clients out of fear they'd relapse. all in all it can work and it can work effectively, but you really need to do your research and find a reputable center to take it in.

How many qt buttholes did you get to finger for rehab science?

was your place good? Can you name it?

Is it worth it for alcohol?

Just smoke a blunt and go to bed instead of your last 10 drinks. Seriously. This will work.

I don't even know if the owners still run it or if somebody else does. I said a few years, but actually this was almost 7 years ago. Anyways, it was called the dream house and it was in san pancho, mexico. as far as the quality, I can say at the time it was one of the best. Now I can't say neither can I say if it's any good for alcohol or as effective as other treatments. Perhaps, you can try to find them and ask directly. They'd be able to help you find your answers better than I can.

There is no magic pill, faggot.

Every day for 1 week. Then try clean. If that's out of the question smoke a joint. Repeat for 5days.

My magic pill is a combination of nicotine, caffeine, alcohol, and Cannabis.

What's it like compared to lsd?

lsd and dmt are entirely different. dmt is almost instant and if you smoke enough, you are no longer aware of your body or your surroundings. I've seen many people speak in tongues, gyrate and hump the air, or simply sit in a lotus position with their eyes closed. only once have I ever seen a person freak out and take off running which is surprising because dmt is very intense, especially if you smoke it, and there is no real preparation for it if it's your first time taking it. there is no gradual increase of effects that you can come to grips with like lsd. it happens instantly without enough time to react. what you see all depends, but if there is an illusion that seems more real than life, than dmt is the master hallucinogen. I will say that it was probably the most profound experience I have ever had and it's taken me many years to properly assimilate the experience despite not having a shred of understanding what it's all about.

I notice that bringing up bad trips to DMT fanatics always leads to serious butthurt. Remember somebody telling a story of seeing a buddha, and looking behind the face of the buddha, he saw a hideous hag-like monster. Another person described seeing a demonic elf that when he spoke, enochian letters came out of his mouth.

evil shit. I do not buy into the idea that it is all just set and setting with DMT. Too many people who religiously adhere to only good qualities about the drug. They will dither on, or even deny bad trips. Fuck I cannot stand some druggie types.

Worked for me:

rational.org/index.php?id=253

Stay away from those 12 step queers, and their useless cult.

If you want a drug to help you overcome withdrawals I'd recommend you look up Modafinil. It's not addictive, it keeps you awake without being a stimulant and it fights all the typical symptoms of withdrawal while helping you be more focused.

If prescription is required where you live, you can buy it without prescription often by ordering it from abroad.
Seriously, it's almost like a wonder drug that gives you brain powers. Look it up.

In /x/ we have threads about such things from time to time and people tend to know their shit and be useful.

ibogane is a meme from hunter thompson.

tell your friend to geardown to beer. then taper off. but if he likes to drink and keeps his shit together, get off his fuckin back, bitch. i drank to get certain people out of my life. now i dont drink as much. if they came back into my life, id start drinking heavily again. you're probably the kind of person that triggers his excessive drinking. quit being such a miserable, nagging shithead and maybe he'll sober up.

you're welcome