Spanish Inquisition

Redpill me on the Spanish Inquisition. Was it really as bad as people say or is that just overblown kike propaganda?

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estatutos_de_limpieza_de_sangre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eternal_City
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire
biblehub.com/exodus/12-12.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was actually pretty bad.

It was a threat more than anything.
show people torture tools and they will mostly tell you what you want to know without resorting to using them.

Nobody expected it

They wiped out many native tribes. The canary islands for example was 100% cleansed of the native pagans

Civilization was a mistake

Most of the time they were used as a political sledgehammer to discredit and silence opponents of (((the clergy)))

yeah it was pretty bad. But it should be noted that the Jews were not the primary target even though they had it coming for collaborating with their Muslim invaders.

Torquemada dindu nuffin.

kek

It was NOT as bad as traditional Protestant historians depicted it (with their natural bias against Catholicism). The vast majority of those questioned by the Inquisition were released and not harmed. The very existence of an Inquisition is reasonable after centuries of Muslim and Jewish influence in the nation. The Spaniards wanted to purify their land of heresy. This increased when the danger of Luther's revolt erupted in 1517. Germany and much of Northern Europe would be split and go to war, but Spain avoided such unpleasantness.

So what's wrong with that?

Did Nazi it coming

forest people > city pepol

Guilty until proven innocent is kind of a stupid idea desu.

Same is basically happening right now, but with "racist/sexist/homophobic until proven innocent".

Ideas change, people don't.

No

Its was not as bad as some butthurt atheists say. Real estimates of deaths are in ten thousands not hundreds of thuosands. People often mix the people "inquisitioned" (it was a form of court essentialy) with actually executed.

Are Spaniards white? They are just as imperialistic and murderous as white people, but they don't look Aryan

It's just kike propaganda, just look up how many people died in 300 years of Inquisition (only 5,000-6,000). Then compare it to the (((French Revolution))) where 30-40k people died in 10 years.

The worst thing about it is that it distracts from the ongoing black genocide for the past 500 years in America

Less than five thousand people were executed.

It was borderline insignificant when compared with other things in the same timeline. It's mostly part of the great fantasy of "dem medieval age tortures". Just look at how excited (or horrified) people get whenever there's a torture scence in Games of Mainstream Series.

Do you want something real bloody? Read about the thirty years war.

It's anglo propaganda. Northern Europe witch-hunting was muuuuch worse. And the Spanish inquisition wasn't about stupid 3rd world shit like witches, it was about killing false converts (muslims and jews).

>Its was not as bad as some butthurt atheists say
> Real estimates of deaths are in ten thousands

Pick one

Everything was archived. It was closer to 3000 executions between 1492 and 1812. So nothing.

Witch hunting was much more common in protestant countries.

Christ. Someone actually put in the effort to make that macro.

Do any of you fuckers even understand what the Inquisition was and why it started? Because when Jews in spain were given choice to convert or leave, a huge number of them became crypto-Jews ("marranos") and around 1478 (when Ferdinand and Isabella got going) they recognized the threat but only later did they realize the extent to which they were being kiked.

It's not a "witch hunt" if you actually have kikes practicing high kikery behind closed doors. Which they most certainly were, even according to Jew sources.

Single largest antiCatholic piece of propoganda in history. Catholicism has many, many things wrong with it, but there being 1 large "inquisition" that killed thousands and thousands of people is a lie.

There were many small inquisitions called for, mostly for cases of witchcraft, that the church, in almost every case, dismissed as nonsense.

It is not a genocide when you are the first historical nation to abolish the slavery, when you build churches, libraries and universities and try to preserve their culture. We were a generator empire as the romans were or USSR trying to elevate those civilizations to our standard while the British, Dutch and Portuguese empires were predator ones, trying to squeeze the people and resources as much as possible. The "black legend" against Spain is still going on but some of us have not swallowed it

Witch-hunting in England pales in comparison to the Germans. They burnt them by the thousands

I made it, kike. Problem?

I stand with the bong. "Northern Europe" is really vague, the real shit happened in Germany.

>Pick one
Imagine a Sephardi/Russian jew so looked down down upon by Nazi-Ash-Kan Jews in North tel-aviv that he has to come HERE for fucking attention.

Basically, after the muslims and jews were expelled and banned, a system of pureblood was set. If you had the consideration of a pure race spaniard, and you accused somebody of being jew/muslim/witch, he was fucked. Obviously this would lead to abuse for individual profit, the system was abandoned, and the eternal anglo focused on what he wanted.

It WAS bad, but most other countries were worse. Why? During the witch-burning craze that swept over Europe (and America too, to a lesser degree), the Spanish Inquistition killed LESS people than any other nation, Scotland and Sweden being the worst offenders.
This is because the Inquistition demanded paperwork of the proceedings, as well as a signed confession, whilst the rest of Europe were happy to kill each other by lynch-mob.

tl;dr = I'd rather take my chances with the Inquistion than Matthew Hopkins, any day.

If you follow the logic of that pic, that would mean Morrocans are also white.

No problem, Ahmed. I just find it hilarious that you were so butthurt that you made that monstrosity. It really speaks of your inferiority complex.

It was what Islam is today. You either convert or die

We are way over due for a witch burning

Wouldn't /his/ be a better platform for this question?

I'm reading a novel and it describes witch-hanging as a routine business in pre-revolutionary Boston. Though WIkipedia says it was one occasion.

Agreed.
You guys don't need "the Spirit of 1776" - you need the spirit of 1692. All Satanists and pedos must burn.

kike propaganda, along with witchunting. Things are way too overblown. Take the history pill mate.

This is one of the worst things I've ever seen. All it means is that by engaging in bestiality, some euros raised the nigger IQ by 10 points (as compared to real african niggers right out of trees) and lightened their skin a bit. You can't compare niggers to actual spaniards. This is a real spainard. And the husband is 6"6 so the princesses are going to be model material, the most sought-after pieces of ass on earth in 10 years.

>You can convert or go back with your kikery to the desert dunes

Native Moroccans are Hamitic Caucasians (Berbers) not Indo-Europeans (Aryans) like Spaniards. They can be light-ish skinned, but they generally are light brown in complexion.

In 10 years, both will be over 6 feet and eventually older one will be queen. Just pray to Christ neither marries a Jew or burns coal.

Whatever, Shlomo.

Not that bad. They had rules like no confessions under torture, and often worked in favour of the accused.
Another rule was that if you could name your accuser as someone with whom you were at variance, you would be free to go (because they couldn't trust someone who had a grudge to give honest accusations). So one guy was being held by them and named ~90 people, including all seven of his accusers, so he was let go.

I think you missed the point, burger bro. I was pointing out that black Africans have on average MORE white in them than people expect, but everyone still calls them black or "African".
Spaniards, on the other hand, have only a little bit of Moor in them - but everyone freaks out and calls them brown. It's stupid.

>They can be light-ish skinned
Yes, 600 years of raiding Europe's coasts and kidnapping millions of our women will lighten their shit skin. And the Jews, to this day, help the musdlimes whine about "muh crusades" when Europe actually tried to defend itself when it first began.

the waldensians and albigensians, arians, and neostorians would like a word with you. the inquistion is much worse, far reaching, and has a longer history than just the spanis pennisula, it was a scourge that affected not only the entirety if Europe, but massacred the Thomastinian Christians of India (Goa inquisition.)

also the catholic church invented Islam.

It was a confusing diagram, no idea what you were saying. Female water polo bodies are weird as shit. They have legs like a fatty but tight asses.

>(with their natural bias against Catholicism)
It's been 500 years, get over it.
>The Spaniards wanted to purify their land of heresy.
Jews and Muslims were the bigger concern, because actual heresies were kinda rare after the Cathars, Waldensians, and Bogomils passed through.

>arians
Were pretty well over by the time an inquisition was formed.

25+ times of people have been killed by both separately and individually by Iraq War and Syrian Civil War. Stop praising a toddler of a thing when we have half a million of dead heretics to better rejoice over.

>(Goa inquisition.)
So, essentially blame Whitey for what shitskins were doing to each other. I'm so, so sick of all the anti-White propaganda in media. A big riot at U of Michigan today because niggers claim someone wrote "nigger" somewhere on campus, so they're chimping out.

Religion has no place in the 21st century.

I want to chew on that swimsuit. I said it.

the Goa inquisition was a Roman Catholic orchestrated exterminations of Christians who claim apostolic succession from Thomas in India in rejection of Roman Catholic blasphemy and heresy in their Dogmas. Thomas was martyred in India by the way for preaching the Gospel of Christ there incase you didn't know. because it looks like you didn't know.

what a spurious and facile argument. you must be proud.

>american education
ffs

>what a spurious and facile argument
Are you pretending there were Arians left in western Europe in any major numbers by the 12th century?

And lol at such an accusation after you posted that the Catholic church invented Islam.

>it looks like you didn't know.
Such a shame. They killed so many, there are only 2 billion fucking street shitters left now.

Happened here, famous one is when the 3 priest martyrs were killed. Not because of religion, for they were catholic priests, but rather political due to their affiliation the revolutionaries.

It was necessary to maintain power of the Spanish Empire.

the papacy has been vacant since 1958 and the Vatican II cuckoldry. I don't care what you say about Catholics or the pope, as he isn't legitimate.This is why mel gibson hates the jews and is a sedevacantist.

>he isn't legitimate
But that's false, Martin.

>spurious and facile
Leave it to street shitter to think he has command of the English language because his street-shitting parents made him memorize the dictionary.

are you pretending that the western leg of Rome didn't exterminate Arian Christians when Theodosius II declared it the state religion, and Constantine wasn't baptized as an Arian Christian, and eastern leg of Rome (byzantine) wasn't an Arian Christian Empire that stood for a thousand years?

are you pretending that Rome doesn't have a nasty habit of exterminating people for not submitting to the authority of the Antichrist of Rome (anti means substitute by the way in the greek) are you ignoring the Fact that James is most likely suppose to be the leader of the apostles after Christ due to his seat in Jerusalem?

are you pretending the heresy and blasphemy of the Catholic Church doesn't exist?

although i'm in agreement with your sentiment about VII etc, neither you nor i can say that Francis isnt a legitimate Pope. he just simply is.

>are you pretending that the western leg of Rome didn't exterminate Arian Christians when Theodosius II declared it the state religion, and Constantine wasn't baptized as an Arian Christian, and eastern leg of Rome (byzantine) wasn't an Arian Christian Empire that stood for a thousand years?
No need to pretend, because that wasn't true.
>are you pretending that Rome doesn't have a nasty habit of exterminating people for not submitting to the authority of the Antichrist of Rome
Not as much as liberals want to pretend happened.
>are you ignoring the Fact that James is most likely suppose to be the leader of the apostles after Christ due to his seat in Jerusalem?
Not sure i see the relevance.
>are you pretending the heresy and blasphemy of the Catholic Church doesn't exist?
Which one are you talking about? Because in general, no, no need to pretend because it doesn't. But there's shit like indulgences and idolatry.

Love the pic, though, that's great.

Ironically enough the Goa inquisition was only targetted at the Indian Christians, but you can take that stance if you want.

authority of apostolic succession is a joke, and fake, and even if it were to exist it would exist James would have authority due to his position in Jerusalem. the Papacy is a model of the antichrist. Rome is Babylon.

leave it to braindead ADD/ADHD moron to make 3 different posts replying to the same post instead being able to string a continuous stretch of thoughts into one post.

Jack Chick?

>But there's shit like indulgences and idolatry.
there's nothing wrong with indulgences.
it's one of the strange things that people think they've been abrogated today. they haven't - good Catholics should be seeking indulgences, and the penance that goes with them, as often as practicably possible

No, most people who were arrested were given a fair trial, and many released. Their main concern was detecting those who weren't catholic or heretics so they were a huge thing once the reconquista was finished.

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estatutos_de_limpieza_de_sangre

true. most of the propaganda about
the inqusiition has been written by jews and protestants, both joined together
by a shared hatred for the truth

Now that's a retarded pic.
>Rome calls itself
No, it's called that.
>statues and nudity
But they aren't worshiped.
>Plundered
That was the Roman Empire. Very different thing.
>Mass "murder" of the Jewish people
Big who cares.
>Carried into exile
Not so much.
>Romans crucified
They carried out the law. It was the Jews who caused it.
>catechism 841, 842, and Easter
What does that have to do with other Gods, unless you yourself believe in other deities?
>sacked the Temple
Again, Roman Empire
>clothed in purple
Because that's the colour of nobility. Are you going to blame them for drinking water and breathing air, too?

>there's nothing wrong with indulgences.
There specifically is.
>indulgences, and the penance that goes with them
The whole point of an indulgence is that you get to skip penance and buy your way into Heaven. How could anyone think that's acceptable?

Arian Christians conspired with the Huns to sack Rome.
They were scoundrels and not worthy of inheriting the old Empire through conquest.
That's why, today, all Arian niggas is dead bitch niggas and the Roman Church lives on.

>No need to pretend, because that wasn't true.
its actually 100% true, Constantine was baptized as an Arian Christian, the Byzantine Empire was an Arian Christian State (arian christianity is just affirming that Jesus is the Son of God, something affirmed in every book of the bible, and I bet you $1000 dollars you can't explain why its heresy), and Theodosius II did defintiely exterminate Arian Christianity after declaring Roman Catholicism the state religion, they were lumped in with the Pagans that didn't do this thing called accept the authority of Rome.

>Not as much as liberals want to pretend happened.
Nice ad hominem. pretty much Christian denomination that refused Roman Authority was exterminated.

>Not sure i see the relevance.
Of course you don't you don't understand the papacy and the "authority" of Peter over the apostles is one big satanic lie in order to establish the legacy of the AntiChrist, and a one world government which came from Babel, and is established through Rome.

>Which one are you talking about? Because in general, no, no need to pretend because it doesn't. But there's shit like indulgences and idolatry.
its a lot worse than just that.

A lot of innocent Dutch blood was spilled because of the Spanish inquisition.

No. The inquisition killed less in 400 years than bicycles with little wheels for children kills in a year.

The criminals in court would start blaspheming against God so that they could be judged by the inquisition that would give them a little punishiment such as taking care of old people in a monastery, otherwise in a normal court they would been killed.

this is the guy (the guy) who claims that the catholics invented islam. You are not going to win anything discussing with him.

Yes, very "spurious and facile" pajeet.

>Arians
>Christians
Pick one. Salvation is by grace, not works. Ephesians 2:8-10.

>kikes and muzzies can stay, as long as they covert to catholicism

huge mistake. they really thought semites (their former conquerors and oppressors at that) could ever be trusted?

> the Byzantine Empire was an Arian Christian State
Source? Or was it just Eastern Church?
>and I bet you $1000 dollars you can't explain why its heresy
Because it denies the divinity of Christ. Duh. Not that i believe you have $1000 to spend, but feel free to give it to charity.
>Theodosius II did defintiely exterminate Arian Christianity after declaring Roman Catholicism the state religion
He was only an eastern emperor, though.
>Nice ad hominem.
You might want to google these terms before you use them.
>pretty much Christian denomination that refused Roman Authority was exterminated.
Aside from the Cathars, most were just ignored into disrepair.
>the "authority" of Peter over the apostles
Dude, he was always first among equals. Read the Bible. Nothing to say that James should take primacy.
> one big satanic lie in order to establish the legacy of the AntiChrist, and a one world government which came from Babel, and is established through Rome.
Lol.

Yea, i know. He's clearly not even Christian, but it's pretty entertaining.

They were Christians. Just not very good ones.

no, Jack Chick is a zionist Shill. I'm just a gnostic heretic.

>Rome calls itself
No, it's called that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eternal_City
Flag Insigne Romanum coronatum.svg
Coat of arms
Nickname(s): The Eternal City, Capital of the World, Throne of St. Peter

you're incredibly dishonest by the way, I just wanted to point that out to you before I finished the rest of your post.

>statues and nudity
But they aren't worshiped.

you're missing the point by a long shot. they're images of adulterous things.

>Plundered
That was the Roman Empire. Very different thing.
>roman catholic church
>called the "holy" roman empire
what ever you say buddy

>Mass "murder" of the Jewish people
Big who cares.
a Big GOD cares because this was generally before Christ they were massacred.

>>Carried into exile
Not so much.
just like you're wrong about everything else, you're wrong about this too.

>Romans crucified
They carried out the law. It was the Jews who caused it.
you're being facetious, being a Christian was a death sentence in Rome after Christ and before Constantine for if you didn't pay tribute to their Gods once a year you were killed, nothing much to do with the Jews, but with Romes own law concerning its Pagan Gods

>>catechism 841, 842, and Easter
What does that have to do with other Gods, unless you yourself believe in other deities?
Exodus 12:12 God of the bible claims that there are "gods of egypt" He acknowledges that other gods exist, why don't you? (he also names Apollyon, a greek God in revelation)

>>sacked the Temple
Again, Roman Empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire

again, Roman Catholicism is the Roman Empire you strawmanning this doesn't stop it from being true.

>Because that's the colour of nobility. Are you going to blame them for drinking water and breathing air, too?
this is why you need to pay attention to the rest of the verse, pic lreated

>what are the usa?

>overblown kike propaganda?
overblown protestant propaganda*

Exactly
>Bu-But the Whore of Babylon

Spaniard here. It's just an exageration since spanish inquisition was the last one to disappear in Europe. But in fact german inquisition caused the same number of deaths in just some years than the spanish one did through several centuries

Kikes and protestants just wanted something to hate on Catholicism.

Protestants are kike loving cucks.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eternal_City
Thanks for proving my point. Also Rome =/= the Vatican.
>you're incredibly dishonest by the way
Pot/kettle?
>you're missing the point by a long shot. they're images of adulterous things.
Oh right, you're Muslim, to not understand art.
>called the "holy" roman empire
That's a whole different matter. And the HRE was itself still a completely different entity to the Roman Catholic Church.
>a Big GOD cares
Apparently not. Remember, they were only heretics or apostates anyway.
>you're wrong about this too.
Are you really pretending that the Romans telling rebels to fuck off was somehow the same as Nebuchadnezzar enslaving the Hebrews?
>being a Christian was a death sentence in Rome
Indeed. But that's separate.
>Exodus 12:12
Wrong passage.
>God of the bible claims that there are "gods of egypt"
That's a matter of interpretation. It doesn't mean there are other Gods. It just means that others were worshiped. Otherwise it would contradict the whole monotheism pillar.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire
Protip: The sack was quite a bit before Charlemagne's time. But you don't care about facts.
> Roman Catholicism is the Roman Empire
Nope. Nor is it the same as the HRE.
>this is why you need to pay attention to the rest of the verse
Again, colours have meant many things. Coincidence means little.

ignoring the Catholic-Islam connection doesn't all of the sudden means it stops existing.

>> the Byzantine Empire was an Arian Christian State
Source? Or was it just Eastern Church?
maintain that Jesus Christ is the Son of God is technically arian, which would mean its the eastern orthodox churck

>Because it denies the divinity of Christ. Duh.
it 100% doesn't do that in any way, shape, or form. and by the way, neither do the Gnostics Gospels. however the Alexandrian Codices do this by editing out the parts where it says "jesus is the Son of God" among other parts.

He was only an eastern emperor, though.
>for some reason Theodosius is an eastern emperor when its west of Constantinople

>You might want to google these terms before you use them.
>calling people liberals somehow isn't an ad hominem

>Dude, he was always first among equals. Read the Bible. Nothing to say that James should take primacy.
James gives the longest speech at the council of Jerusalem, and the fact he's in Charge of the Temple of Jerusalem, while you can't demonstrate Peter ever set foot in Rome by the canonical new testament, nor the "heretical" gnostic gospels, nor can you even demonstrate that Peter has any kind of authority or leadership over the apostles either.

>Lol.
yeah, laugh now while the Catholic Church continues to push pro-islamic rheotirc and merges with it.

>maintain that Jesus Christ is the Son of God is technically arian
What? No. Arian is that Christ was human and nothing more.
It's kinda like Islam in that regard.
>it 100% doesn't do that in any way
Sounds like you need to learn about Arius.
>neither do the Gnostics Gospels
Duh. Separate matter.
>for some reason Theodosius is an eastern emperor when its west of Constantinople
Are you professionally retarded?
>calling people liberals somehow isn't an ad hominem
Ironically, you assuming it's an attack is more of a fallacy.
>James gives the longest speech at the council of Jerusalem, and the fact he's in Charge of the Temple of Jerusalem
So?
>yeah, laugh now while the Catholic Church continues to push pro-islamic rheotirc and merges with it.
Aye, i'll laugh at your absurd idiocy. Just because Pope Francis is overly generous doesn't undo history, nor mean that Roman Catholicism will somehow merge with "Islam."

>The Catholic Church invented Islam
Why would they do that?
"Hurr we're powerful and our influence is growing all over, let's invent someothing that will weaken our power and eat up our expanding territory!"
t.Protestant logic

people were tortured and killed for the smalast suspicioun so yeah. it was pretty bad.

also they were used to get rid political and religous enemies who tried to siez Power

>Thanks for proving my point. Also Rome =/= the Vatican.

yeah, it kind of actually is.

>Pot/kettle?

>Oh right, you're Muslim, to not understand art.
Pot/Kettle? see pic
>somehow affirming that Jesus CHrist is the Son of God who died and resurrected on the cross somehow makes me a muslim
nice ad hominem by the way.

>Apparently not. Remember, they were only heretics or apostates anyway
Rome killed jews before christ, and before there was christianity.

>That's a whole different matter. And the HRE was itself still a completely different entity to the Roman Catholic Church.
spurious

>Indeed. But that's separate.
Facile. Rome killed anyone who wouldn't bow to their gods, being Christian was a death sentence and Rome hated, still hates Christianity.

>Exodus 12:12
Wrong passage.
nope, its 100% the right passage i'm referring to. biblehub.com/exodus/12-12.htm

>That's a matter of interpretation. It doesn't mean there are other Gods. It just means that others were worshiped. Otherwise it would contradict the whole monotheism pillar.
actually the same word used to describe "God" when referring to the God of Abraham is used when referring to the "gods" of egypt. I know this for a fact because I ended up having a talk about this the other day and had to pull up the interlinear and check the words used. by thee way, there is no "monotheism pillar" "Elohim" is a plural term denoting 3 or more. in Genesis 1:1 it immediately implies 3 or more "Gods" and when it says "elohim of abraham" in genesis it actually using the plural term of Gods

you're right in the sense that its a matter of interpretation, but its a matter of letting the scripture interpret itself, and it clearly states that there are gods of egypt, and it can be implied that there are other gods, afterall why would God say "you shall have no other gods besides me" if there weren't other gods to keep in the first place.

>Again, colours have meant many things. Coincidence means little
wrong

>It was a threat more than anything.

This guy is a fucking idiot.

The inquisition executed about 3000 people in 800 years. That's it. The inquisition was set up to figure out who was a heretic, but here's why: Peasants had a tendency to accuse people they didn't like of witchcraft, devil worship, heresy, etc. because the consequence of those things was usually lynching. The inquisition came in and organized a thorough and ecumenical investigation into the accusations peasants made against their neighbors and coincidentally, the incidence of young women being torched by a rampaging mob subsided considerably.

Notice the parallels between peasant behavior of the medieval era and the behavior of low tier white people today - i.e. the sort of people who scream racist about everything.

We've come a long, long way.