Trump doesn't read books

Can someone find me evidence of trump being an avid reader, or at least being on record listing at least 20 books that he's found to be interesting or informative?

For some reason, despite trump being on the media for decades, you can't find references of him reading this book or that other book, with the exception of Hitler's speeches he kept next to his bed

Here's what he said during a recent interview, notice how he doesn't say anything about books he's read before or anything before his presidency

>"Well, you know, I love to read. Actually, I'm looking at a book, I'm reading a book, I'm trying to get started. Every time I do about a half a page, I get a phone call that there's some emergency, this or that. But we're going to see the home of Andrew Jackson today in Tennessee and I'm reading a book on Andrew Jackson. I love to read. I don't get to read very much, Tucker, because I'm working very hard on lots of different things, including getting costs down. The costs of our country are out of control. But we have a lot of great things happening, we have a lot of tremendous things happening."

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/donald-trumps-ex-wife-once-said-he-kept-a-book-of-hitlers-speeches-by-his-bed-2015-8
archive.is/JXkMz
medium.com/@lorencollins/debunking-donald-trumps-20-favorite-books-on-china-372e9b1d4b4c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nambia.

He has read a full book apparently since the 1970s

>He has read a full book apparently since the 1970s
I wouldn't doubt that for one second, I already tried looking up book titles he has read and I cannot find any significant number of them.

That's quite odd for someone who's supposedly a billionaire and extremely smart, isn't it?

so he became a president without reading a book? holy fuck he must be a natural genious then!

Or perhaps those who elected him are too stupid, could go either way.

Not really. Books don't teach shit about becoming a billionare. Only practical experience does.

he studied mein kampf look it up moron

businessinsider.com/donald-trumps-ex-wife-once-said-he-kept-a-book-of-hitlers-speeches-by-his-bed-2015-8

What if we archive that
archive.is/JXkMz

>reading regularly
You understand that when you read a book you're literally just listening to one person talk for a really long time, right? It's time to stop pretending books are magical, books are just as flawed as the writers. I'd rather listen to lectures and read papers by actual intellectuals than read some moron's opinion for 10 hours that either is being pushed by some publishing jew or self-published trash.

Is there a need for someone to read publicly/read at all if they are successful?
Trump also has his own books which I assume he's read at least once.

And how would you know that?
Are you a billionaire?
Also most self made rich men were educated, or at least avid readers.

No, blacks are stupid by nature and tgey went 91% for Clinton.

People as successful as Trump don't need to read books. You may not like the fact that the Critique of Pure Reason and its synthetic a priori knowledge, its categories, its antinomies, its obscurantist waffling aptly mocked by Nietzsche have nothing to offer the practical man, but them's the breaks.

This

Trump got more educated whites voting for him than Clinton did.

Ivana confirmed at one time that he had a copy of Mein Kampf on his bedside for a time. It got redacted pretty quick, and Trump paid her some money to either speak positive about him or STFU.

>Not really. Books don't teach shit about becoming a billionare. Only practical experience does.
If that is true, then you are admitting that trump is a con artist?

He has """written""" several books about becoming a millionaire

Either way, the vast majority of rich and successful people do read books, whether it's for self improvement or just a hobby

>all books are about personal opinions
>you can't read books on various topics from various authors and reach your your own conclusions

Also, see my post above

He writes them.

Damn is Tgey a new rapper? I gotta listen to him now senpai, 91% is still an A

>If that is true, then you are admitting that trump is a con artist?
Trump only wrote his personal opinion about how he became one.
>Either way, the vast majority of rich and successful people do read books, whether it's for self improvement or just a hobby
That's a statement without backing. Trump is successful and doesn't read books in public.

Ever heard of phoneposting?

i've heard him in a documentary ''America: the story of us''. He talks a bit about America. Was a good documentary series btw.

Reading has many benefits which should be in the interest of anyone remotely intelligent or successful, people who become billionaires don't stop reading because they're billionaires.

>Trump only wrote his personal opinion about how he became one.
Yes, for all intents and purposes that is writing a book on how to become wealthy, following that user's line of thinking he is a con artist.
>That's a statement without backing.
So what you are saying is that successful people don't read?
>Trump is successful and doesn't read books in public.
I'm not asking that he reads books in public, I'm asking why it's so hard to find instances of him talking about books he's read in interviews and the like

Knowing trump, he always boasts about things like these, how he is so smart and successful, how he's the best at doing deals and how he does it, yet, in so many decades, you can count the mentions of books he's read with the fingers of your hands.

>And how would you know that?
>Are you a billionaire?

Because Trump is a billionaire, you complete and utter fuckwad.

God damn, I swear the captcha is just there so people can have that extra few seconds to think: "hmm, is this post really worth it?" before discarding.

Sadly, you're the exception to the rule.

You are making statements without proof. While I agree that intelligent people read a lot more than stupid people, and there are studies indicating this. Reading is not what makes a person intelligent like you are claiming.

>reading is not what makes a person intelligent like you are claiming

Let us define intelligence first, I would say intelligence can be defined as the ability, either innate or acquired, to make the right choices in order to attain desired outcomes, as well as seeing emerging patterns with ease.

Obtaining knowledge via books or similar information sources is a critical part of this process, otherwise your choices will be be uninformed.

You claimed reading books were the only way to become intelligent, or to tell if a person is intelligent. Your statement is not reasonable, and has nothing backing it. Your line of thinking is just wrong.

Books are not the only way to gain knowledge. As a businessman, he could perform 'x' action, and see 'y' result. If 'y' results in profit, then do 'x' more, else don't do it.

>You claimed reading books were the only way to become intelligent, or to tell if a person is intelligent. Your statement is not reasonable, and has nothing backing it. Your line of thinking is just wrong.
I've claimed that the vast majority of succesful and intelligent people read books, which is a self evident truth that you even agree with, you can become intelligent to make decisions on a given topic if you educate yourself on said topic, there is nothing unreasonable about this.
>Books are not the only way to gain knowledge. As a businessman, he could perform 'x' action, and see 'y' result. If 'y' results in profit, then do 'x' more, else don't do it.
No, they are not the only way to absorb knowledge, however they are a very important part of decision making, relying solely on practical experience is irrational. You can't build and run a company like Microsoft or a real estate empire from scratch with practical experimentation only.

So many Trumpkins defending illiteracy. Lol.
That’d be great if they found a video of him sucking some guys cock and all the sudden they’d be saying how nutritious semen is.

Also, the real estate empire example doesn't really apply to trump, because he didn't build his business from scratch, he was handed connections, money, and an already structured business model he could toy around with

I guess that explains why he doesn't really see a value in obtaining knowledge through books

Why? What does reading have to do with anything? It's an arbitrary hobby. What are 20 books Obama read? Nobody cares. Because it's irrelevant.

>why are literacy, and pursuit of knowledge, which are critical in decision making, important habits for our leadership to practice? Lol

Trumpanzees are already whipping out the meme vpns it seems

Stop arguing with this guy. You won't change his mind. Intelligence means you are more likely to read more but reading itself doesn't indicate intelligence.

>trumpanzees
Bet that joke goes over well on tumblr

dont you got...
1.buildings to repair
2.cocaine smuggle

Ha, show us some evidence YOU are an avid reader........

He quoted from at least 50 books about walls.

>Stop arguing with this guy. You won't change his mind. Intelligence means you are more likely to read more but reading itself doesn't indicate intelligence.
So what you're saying is that the chances of trump being intelligent are greatly diminished? I don't think he's outright stupid, but he certainly isn't as intelligent as he claims to be.

Why are you so triggered about this word?

Embodiment of asshurt

>Ha, show us some evidence YOU are an avid reader........
And what would that prove, mr. multiple ellipses?

Buttblasted hispanyic is buttblasted.

[ ] don't build that wall
[X] build that wall

>Because Trump is a billionaire
That is an open question. He claims to be a billionaire, but he has yet to prove any actual wealth whatsoever. His biggest claimed asset is his name, and he's doing everything he can to devalue that.

I think you are the only assblasted person here considering you came into a serious thread handing out discount stale memes like a proper buffoon.

> serious thread

Yes, meme arrows are nothing by themselves.

"majority of people are stupid" is a self contradicting statement.

but i wouldn't trust someone of below average intelligence to see that

He has read Atlas Shrugging, that should be enough for you

(I still have to read it tho)

Donald Trump recently reeled off an impressive list of Chinese books that he has read over the years that has helped him understand the nation and people that he does business with.

"I've read hundreds of books about China over the decades," Trump told Xinhua, the official news agency of the People's Republic of China.

"I know the Chinese. I've made a lot of money with the Chinese. I understand the Chinese mind," said the billionaire, who has continually stated that if he were president he would levy a 25% tax on Chinese imports.

Asked to name any of his favorite tomes on China, Trump reportedly listed the following 20 books right off the top of his head.

1. "The Party" by Richard McGregor
2. "On China" by Henry Kissinger
3. "Mao: The Untold Story" by Jung Chang
4. "Tide Players" by Jianying Zha
5. "One Billion Customers" by James McGregor
6. "The Coming China Wars" by Peter W. Navarro
7. "The Beijing Consensus" by Stefan Halper
8. "China CEO" by Juan Antonio Fernandez and Laurie Underwood
9. "Poorly Made in China" by Paul Midler
10. "CHINA: Portrait of a People" by Tom Carter
11. "The Man Who Loved China" by Simon Winchester
12. "China Shakes the World" by James Kynge
13. "Mr. China" by Tim Clissold
14. "Country Driving" by Peter Hessler
15. "The Dragon's Gift" by Deborah Brautigam
16. "Factory Girls" by Leslie T. Chang
17. "The Heavenly Man" by Brother Yun
18. "1421" by Gavin Menzies
19. "Seven Years in Tibet" by Heinrich Harrer
20. "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother" by Amy Chua

This is the kind of post I was asking for, although it doesn't have a source

Now I'm guessing trump fans will flip flop on their views of how you don't need books to be succesful

Upon further inspection this seems like fake news

medium.com/@lorencollins/debunking-donald-trumps-20-favorite-books-on-china-372e9b1d4b4c

>Virtually every story about this supposed interview invariably links back not to Xinhua itself, but to the L.A. Times blog post. Which, in turn, claims the information came from a Trump interview with Xinhua, but provides no more specifics than that. No link, no citation, not even a date. Whenasked on Twitterin December 2016 about his source, L.A. Times blogger Tony Pierce admitted he couldn’t remember it, and simply pointed out that he’d credited Xinhua. One websiteclaimed in 2011that the Xinhua article “was immediately pulled offline by Communist censors (purportedly because it mentioned banned books…)”, but there’s no evidence of that either. It’s not that there are dead links to the phantom interview; there are no links to it whatsoever, live or dead, nor any specific information as to where or when it ran.

I would not be surprised about finding out the Donald paid a substantial sum to spread these seemingly fake news, that's very much his style

That's interesting. Navarro (book number 6) works at the White House right now as a National Trade adviser.

Well, in an interview he said his favorite book was "All Quiet on the Western Front".

goalpost status, moved

You can read the OP again and tell me how I am moving the goalpost, the entire topic of this thread was about asking for evidence of whether Donald trump was an avid reader or not, as he recently claimed.

Now check out
The whole story smells like bullshit, and I can't find any real sources other than the blog post in question

I remember him admitting in an interview that he doesn't like to read and prefers to watch the news.
Side note; I love reading transcripts of Trump talking. The structure of his dialogue is so unique and there's no other voice than his in your head.

I also remember that bit about him preferring tv, but I do not remember him saying he does not like to read. If you are right, that directly contradicts what he said recently at an interview with Tucker Carlson

Can you recall any specifics about this interview so I can dig it out on google?

>“I've read hundreds of books about China over the decades. I know the Chinese. I've made a lot of money with the Chinese. I understand the Chinese mind.” The Art Of the Deal

See
It seems like that claim is flaky at best

Reading is for faggots. He doesn't need it either.
He's right on the money about so many things and he even wrote a few books himself. So what is he supposed to read? Literature about the regime in Northkorea? He already knows that the place is shit. Doesn't need a book for that.

I could be mistaken about the not liking to read part. He may have said he doesn't have time and prefers tv.

>The best books are those which tell you what you already know.
Reading is mostly a complete waste of time. The Bible (AKJV) and some basic national hero folklore is all you need ever read. Prove me wrong: pro tip, you can't.