Unhappy

Why she so perfect

I want to have kids with Botan

You can cum inside her and she won't stop you or fight back.

Probably because the act alone would kill her.

Just use a turkey baster filled with your seed.

Why is the new teacher such a cunt?

Because she a bitch

But then pregnancy or childbirth would end up killing her.

That's fine.

>Anne will never flash her no pan pussy at you

We were so fucking close.

She doesn't have an Anne in her class, made her a bitter cunt

Hibiki got her princess carry. What more could you want?

She had a valid point. Why is such a high end school catering to a special ed class?

Hibarigaoka pays for her crimes.

Botan's mother could alive, so that is up in the air (or at least that's what I want to believe).

RECITE YOUR DEATH HAIKU

Wasn't it established that their mothers probably passed on a more potent form of their misfortune to them?

as the chibianon release ep 5 or 6 compilation?

>special ed class

>Wake up
>Hanako still isn't my daughter
Why is this allowed?

>He still hasn't realized that it's a class for mentally retarded kids and that the series is just shown through their eyes and interpretation.

Why is OP such a faggot

>Sakura still isn't your wife
>Hanako still isn't your daughter

What's the point to living?

Are they simply perceiving the new teacher to be a bitch because she doesn't enable their delusions?

They're trying to weaponize misfortune. Hanako is their most promising commando.

>What's the point to living?
アニメで現実逃避

I would take that bullet.

I figured it was a "lass E" style of situation.

"Look students, this class goofs off all day and just look at how terrible they are at everything. You better study and practice hard if you don't want to end up like them!".

Is she going to kill herself in a tearjerker episode?

She isn't. She just has common sense. She's like the most normal person introduced.

Holy shit did my friend ever point out something interesting. Look at the end card. The red string doesn't actually attach to the sign, it loops as a heart over him and keeps going. Sign-bro isn't her fated one; he's her first love. It's like fucking poetry; it rhymes.

Anyway, more seriously, ANIME OF THE FUCKING CENTURY. This episode was so amazing. I absolutely love how the cooking class section plays out with the new teacher. So far, the misfortune the girls experience has been portrayed as a sort of act of nature. Shitty rolls on every check. But the outside perspective of the other teacher completely recasts their misfortune as a sort of deficiency of attentiveness. This changes the nature of their misfortunes into something for which they can be blamed, and that leads right into a natural showcase of shame and friendship. With this show, I honestly can't tell if I'm inventing things to read into or if it's a fucking masterpiece. The pool segment was far weaker in comparison, but the payoff at the end is god damn heart warming. We keep getting these super sappy messages about friendship and happiness, but it feels like the show finds so many ways to make it meaningful rather than trite. Everything about this show, from the OP to the ED and all the weird chibi panels in between, is a perfection of this genre. In this episode, the audience is basically made to view certain events from the perspective of the other teacher. That simple introduction of a sort of "real" logic grounds the entire scenario of their friendship in the face of danger. From the perspective of that teacher, there doesn't exist the strange moe luck that normally counteracts the otherwise serious situations that arise.

I don't know, I guess that more and more I find myself really amazed by little touches like those. The really popular shows just seem to lack the subtlety that somehow gets put into these weird niche shows. Of course that extends to the source material to some extent.

>inb4 the other end card next episode shows Hanako with a red string as well

>The red string doesn't actually attach to the sign

Except maybe it would end at his hand which is off screen to begin with.

I concur. The show is so deceptively simple and one note yet the way it handles its theme as well as the overarching message about happiness/friendship/misfortune every episode is always amazingly executed.

I'll be honest here, this is the kind of shit I'd let my daughter or niece watch to actually teach her something. Hopefully doesn't become a dyke but hey.

She will

But the more important question here is if YOU'RE learning something user.
Is Sup Forums going to be happier by the end of this?

No

I'm going to off myself. ;_;

No seriously, look at this shit. The water that splashed up forms "splash" (presuming the subs were accurate) and falls away. I didn't notice until I went back to get a screen-grab and saw it happen without the subs distracting me. I know its basically the simplest shit you could ever imagine, but IT FUCKING HAPPENED.

Have I finally lost my marbles or is this show the greatest thing since striped pantsu?

The string goes off screen, symbolizing that her true fated one awaits her in the future that exists outside of the show. Let's be real here, I doubt this is getting a second season. So, we are never going to see that true fated one (unless something happens in the manga, which I will definitely start reading unless a season 2 does get announced).

I am happier with every episode. Each episode is the high point of my week, and it's all probably going to push me into going on the offensive to break up an engagement to save a friend.
The happiness class feels like it is directly supposed to mirror the viewer's journey toward happiness from encountering the series. It really strikes at a nerve of mine as a writer how the entire series is designed. A few episodes were kind of weak, but I really can attribute that to a serial format.
Whatever, let me summarize it this way. I always use the title Anne Happy because that is the most accurate definition of the show. There is Anne and happiness.

We can keep going together. Just because it's over doesn't mean it ended. The happiness was in your heart all along, so stay and share it with us, okay?

So, who is Sayuri?
Or a better question, will Botan get an episode?

I feel really fucking stupid sometimes when watching this because I think I'm missing a lot of god damn references in the eyecatches.

It's making me really paranoid.

I'm in the same boat, friend. I fucking love all of this shit though. Sure, a few of them aren't interesting or cute, but so many of them are just perfect injections of happiness and/or effective transitions. And shit, I bet they can tighten the budget quite a bit with all of this. It just feels like another one of the master strokes at work in this show.

Were there any more references aside from the Char one and that one eyecatch last episode?

Not in eyecatches but they seem very fond of Gundam references.

Did you notice the sound effect for the fishing line spinning and then going down the screen when, Sensei fished up Hanako?

Also in the eyecatch where hanako is sleeping on top of botan, Botan thinks she is suffering from kana shibari or sleep paralysis.

Also when Hibiki gets the score -300 the negative sign hits ren and makes her fall of the screen.

In the eyecatch when Hanako and Hibari carry Botan on the suitcase there is an ambulance in the background

When Hanako says she will continue to drink Milk, there is a cow noise and a cow face and bottles of milk come down the screen.

In the eyecatch with Hibiki telling Ren to wake up there are z's in the water, and before that a girl gets hit by the ball as she comes out of the water

I swear they're having too much fun with those.

I forgot to mention one more, the knife buries itself in the ground like excalibur

It's actually absurd how many eyecatches/chibis they have now. I don't think I've ever seen an anime with that many. Maybe a SHAFT show?

But at the same time, this is sort of the bare minimum for what should be happening in the medium. There are all sorts of these little visual shortcuts and flairs, but how many shows actually do ANYTHING to make themselves stand out visually or use the medium to this extent?

I think it's "that" which is making Luluco the other show that I'm really loving this season.

The way she said Excalibur was what really sold it. The little bits of audio compound the cuteness.
Also, about the knife, did the entire cutting edge lose its integrity and chip away all at once through shear bad luck? It's details like that which makes her misfortune so hilariously ominous.

I'm thinking PPD.

>his

>Zakkuri ACE in a red box
Yep, they really do.

Why is Botan so shit? she ruined the whole episode.

>they play a music box-esque version of the ED when Botan and Hanako cheer Hibari up

YES

THIS SHIT WILL NEVER GET OLD

s2 when?

I seriously don't know what I would do without Botan's awkward perfection in my life.

No doubt in my mind she's why I made it this far.

Why is Botan not dead yet?

She is not allowed the sweet release of death.

She isn't lucky enough to be granted death.
She is a very relatable character that way.

So I don't get it. Does Hanako's charm inhibit her reality bending misfortune?

The episode where she got sick and her charm broke the weather went to complete shit. This time we see her leaving the charm behind and suddenly a thunderstorm shows up. Is there some subtle lore this show has that's flying over my head?

She's probably not even that sickly, her misfortune is like that. When she describes her impact as souring the mood for others, what is really happening is that her own attitude about herself is causing that impact. In a sense, she is the opposite of Anne. Her misfortune is her own mindset, as opposed to actually being entirely happy yet an enemy of fate. When you look at things this way, it's likely that most of her pain is essentially psychosomatic.

>Is there some subtle lore this show has that's flying over my head?

>sleeping with the AC on will make you catch a cold

Is there anything that won't give you a cold in Japan?

I hope so. Worst girl.

Only getting hit by truck-san.

Just cuts out the middle man and delivers you right to death. No colds involved.

>Is Sup Forums going to be happy

Not as long as we're here.

So you have to graduate from Sup Forums to become happy?

We ain't called Unh/a/ppy for nothing.

That's the wrong attitude to have, together, we can make this place h/a/ppy!

Mellow instrumental versions of OPEDs are the best.

I think it's more that coming here means that you've given up any hope of finding happiness in your life.

What if Sup Forums is your happiness?

More like this is the only place I can be happy.

Obviously.

I hate watching this. The more I watch it the more I see the glaring parallels this show has with me as an Sup Forumsnon and this cesspool.

It stirs in me the same feeling I had when I watched NHK but in a more juxtaposed manner.

I wish we had an unhappy banner for Sup Forums

Ask Hiro

Misfortune

You gotta think it through! You can learn to be happy here, and learn to live properly from the 2D scriptures, but you have to transform yourself too. In your heart, you have to become 2D, and then you're ready to find happiness out there. Even though it might seem like you're alone, the rest of us are there too. The reason we commune through the 2D world is so that we can find each other in the 3D hellscape.

That's what it means to be friends.

I think Hibari is the one most likely to commit suicide out of all the girls. The obvious one seems to be Botan but I'm 100% sure that if you left Hibari alone, she'd be the first one to spiral into soul crushing depression.

Has Hiro done any banner contests in his entire time here?

This episode had a lot of good ways of presenting Hibari's suffering.

Both this show and this thread are comfy. I like them.

>Has Hiro done any banner contests in his entire time here?

The last banner contest we had was not even an official one, anons just started making banners and moot eventually caved and added them.

I don't think anyone ever bothered to tell him about that. Might as well hit him up on twitter or ffxiv or email.

>labcoat sensei
I dunno why this turns me on so much, but it does.

>Botan once again jumps in first to save Hanako

Where's your thirdwheel now motherfuckers? Hibari needs to realize how similar Hanako is with the construction sign quick.

Please help, my Hanako got overcharged.

Didn't know about that. Last I recall, a few banners were removed (waha swastika was one) and a lot of banners of questionable quality added while moot was still in charge.

Does he ever respond to any of those? I might try.

AND THIS IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND

If enough people on twitter @ him enough he is bound to at least look. I don't know about email or FFXIV.

An unlucky person would get hit by lightning.

A very unlucky person would be nearly hit by lightning and yet through some sort of strange phenomenon get charged with electricity which leads to a silly Rube Goldberg-esque domino effect where it ultimately amounts to them not being able to drink their favorite strawberry milk. This is Hanako.

So what other niche shows are similar to this? I need some of that FRIENDSHIP in my life.

Sansha Sanyou

Already watching it. While it's more consistently funny and better animated, I find it lacking the really high emotional peaks Unhappy has.

Kill me Baby and Binbougami ga

Pretty much this KMB is probably your best bet.
Personally, I find this show reminding me of Hidamari but that's like an obligatory show for any user to watch.

I don't know if KMB would fit the criteria of "high emotional peaks" as he mentioned in . It has a lot of good scenes about the duo's friendship but the focus is primarily geared towards comedy.

I love the chibi version of anne-happy
Do you have the more chibi version of annd happy user???

I guess that's true.
The final episode of KMB with Yasuna trapped in the hole was really fucking tear-jerking though.

That's probably the best example to use in relation to Unhappy. Sticking it out for those scarce moments here and there until the final episode doesn't quite seem appropriate though.

Like the other user mentioned, Hidamari would be a prime selection for anyone that hasn't already seen it and wants similarly emotional friendships.

Oh god now I realized why I'm always uncomfortable with this show. It's the fucking dates. It's such a simple and unassuming thing to put in but that therein lies the heartbreak.

Usually these shows have that very distinct vacuum where everybody is in highschool forever. I'm not saying this show doesn't have that but it's the fact that they tell you the dates which gets me. There's a very clear and concrete passage of time that's just slowly counting down to inevitable graduation. Fortunately, it won't come to that yet but it's that very bittersweet looming idea of them separating at the end that's always stuck in the back of my head because the fucking dates constantly remind me of that.

Just pretend it's like Yuru Yuri where the timeline is static. Every time a year comes to an end, it loops over to the beginning of the same year but with different adventures.

Or maybe they'll graduate and go on with their lives together. Who says they have to separate? This isn't reality. They can pursue their careers together while enduring their misfortune.

>OP is them getting up for the day
>plot of episode is how they spend their day
>ED is them going to bed