Schools ban having 'best friends'

This is fucking insanity. What about the complete personality differences between people who prefer to only have a small group of friends they actually know rather then being acquaintances with 100 people?

>Thomas’s Battersea, the school George attends, bans kids from having best friends, Marie Claire reports. Instead, teachers encourage all students to form bonds with one another to avoid creating feelings of exclusions among those without best friends.

>The trend of banning best friends has been growing for several years, and it’s spread beyond European borders to American schools as well.

>Some psychologists and parents argue kids become more well-adjusted when they have larger friend groups and can avoid negative feelings associated with feeling left out.

>Critics, however, say the approach robs kids of the chance to form valuable coping skills. By grappling with mild social exclusion when they’re young, kids will emerge as more capable, resilient adults, these advocates argue.

>Narr’s study also found kids with broader friend groups tended to grow up with higher rates of social anxiety than kids with smaller numbers of closer friends.

>And although anti-best-friend policies may help kids in the short-term, research suggests the strong connections found among best friends could be vital for mental health in a world where adolescents are lonelier than ever.

businessinsider.com.au/schools-are-banning-best-friends-to-protect-kids-feelings-2017-9

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ZbMiM
idph.com.br/conteudos/ebooks/BraveNewWorld.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=omvJhE-RmCA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck this gay Earth Fuck this gay Earth Fuck this gay Earth Fuck this gay Earth Fuck this gay Earth Fuck this gay Earth Fuck this gay Earth Fuck this gay Earth Fuck this gay Earth Fuck this gay Earth Fuck this gay Earth Fuck this gay Earth

Lets socially engineer the kids when they're young, and bring in more government and all these goddamned psychologists and councilors. Can't let kids naturally be kids.

good. "best friends" is a stupid idea anyway

Why didn't you archive?
archive.is/ZbMiM

Friendships are the backbone of communities. It's no wonder (((they))) want to get rid of them

partners is also a stupid idea, marriage is the only way
thanks for paving the way, schools

T. Faggot who doesn't have friends/understand basic social behavior

Homeschool your children.

Lol, the government is literally telling you who you can and cannot be friends with.

You don't get to bring friends.

is this parody?

Uhh, You don't get to bring friends

Lol this Marxist nonsense in acedmia is spiraling out of control like a giant feedback loop

I used to wonder how things in revolutions got so insane so fast like the French or Russian revolutions or the minster anibaptist rebellion.

But when discerning opinions are eliminated and hysteria sets in people to fucking nuts

The rapid decline of sanity in academia over the last few years is incredible, what an interesting social specimen it will be for people in the future to studay

Seriously this shit just about made my head explode.

There are genuine psychological differences between people who prefer having a very small amount of friends vs those who prefer a larger group of friends. It is part of human nature and studied thoroughly in psychology. These aren't things anyone had been trying to "fix" they are just things that are observed.

for example, if you do the "16 personalities test" a lot of the questions touch on this subject to determine what type of person you are, as well as the "big 5" that Jordan Peterson constantly makes reference to, those tests also ask questions about what you prefer.

Why would schools be telling anyone "No, you don't have a preference or personality. You must like everyone."

>bongs

Yeah, wonderful idea. Never let kids get used to any form of rejection so they develop skin. I'm sure that will serve them well when they get older.

Fucking morons.

This

I want it all to end

The idea of "mandatory tastes" in anything, including friends, is one step away from "mandatory beliefs" and equally repugnant.

ww3 better happen because this planet needs frying.

I don't believe this is real, this can't be real, these people can't be this stupid, these people can't be this evil.

Stop the planet I want off..

we know how to deal with this

Thats what you get for recognizing psychology as a science and giving those idiots credibility

I warned you years before
You didnt listen

this is satire right?

Dumbass.

Haha I don't have any friends....

HAHAHA
haha

ha...

;_;

Soon you won't be able to have your girlfriend, but you'll have to share her.

wh*Te are crazy, maybe that's why the govt importing poc to their nations, they some day all the wh*Te have some short circuit and destroy it civilization, it's on genetic maybe, make sense their genetic are recesive, that how universe fix it self.

I don't think psychology is bad. I think it's been co-opted by marxists who use the fact it's a respected position to push their ideals.

Jordan Peterson himself is a clinical psychologist and he's perfectly fine, correct about most things. Any psychologist with a brain who isn't pushing a marxist agenda would be disagreeing with what the schools are doing based on the personality studies I already referenced.

They are not my friends... anymore

Nope, that's why I made sure to include the source in OP.

I wish something would come from me posting this here but sadly I think all we'll get to do is sit around talking about how fucked it is while the world burns.

Don't forget Kevin MacDonald is a psychologist as well.

>Ban best friends
>To protect feelings

Interactions are what make living worthwhile wtf?? Why is it so hard for the wuhoosh to understand this?

"Why is there a huge depression epidemic omg we can't figure it out"

This is what happens when you don't execute Marxists on sight.

Is it sad I can actually see this happening in the near future?

>I don't think psychology is bad.

You better get your unfalsifiable pseudoscience and shove it swiftly up your ass before you start running rampant on wild assumption too user

Banning best friends is one thing, but making people hang out with people they don't like? I have a small group of about 5 people who are all my friends and friends with each other and we're almost as close as familly at this point. Rather then having a couple freinds that will actually care, they'd rather have everyone from shallow relationships? Next they will be banning relationships.

>log your jog m8

Nah, normies will be pissed at this. I use goybook only to shock the systems of people I know with things like this. About 50/50 results. I don't need people to agree with me 100%, but I found out who my real friends were once I developed some tastes and political notions that aren't mainstream.

From what I've seen it's basically taboo to even criticize them in a college/academia setting in this day and age.

>implying this isn't the case already
Women gonna slut.

The first problem is they actually have to be exposed to the article to hear about it (otherwise it will just slowly be introduced into every school and by the time the outrage comes, it's already established everywhere).

The second problem is they won't make the connection that this has anything to do with left wing politics even if they do read the article.

> Ban having sex through feminists policies
> Ban having friends
tfw degenerates are raising a whole generation of /polacks to put them in the ovens.

this made me remember my friend when i was 4 years old
I wonder what Sam is doing these days
> tfw right in the feels

>European borders

Nigga what

That's an Anglo-exclusive thing, excuse you.

I call bullshit there is no way the school can police best friendships.
The best they can do is force kids ho don't like each to hang out which they do anyway when their in the classroom.

Is this a whole new /r9k/ generation in the making?

Teachers can easily monitor who spends "too much time" with who, split them up and tell them to hang around x and y, or to include z. (soon it'll be confusing using x, y and z as examples because they'll probably be peoples pronouns you have to use and use the incorrectly, you'll be sent to jail and fined $20,000).

Some do. I've seen hippies go centrist, then right wing, never the other way. Some just never publicly say what they're thinking. I had a brother of a more close friend say he pretty much agrees with me on most shit but fears publicly saying anything on social media because of the craze to fire in outage culture. He'll talk about anything in a face to face more private setting, but not social media. And those who won't change become enraged to the point of revealing their insanity. I once had a woman call me sexist and flip out when I agreed with her that FGM was wrong but was only asking that she agree circumcision without consent is also wrong. I know the majority of our friends saw the spat, but they wouldn't enter publicly, that's who I was arguing toward anyway. Their opinions were influenced, I pissed off one fool to reach 30+ more.

This is what liberticide liberals want for our children. They have to be stopped.

Reminds me of my best friend in grade school. Don't know what i wouldve done if i went to a school like this. Hope youre doin well, Jack.

They do it at tech schools already. I and other better students were kept from working together despite our good rapport together to "help others learn".

>Some just never publicly say what they're thinking.

That's the problem though, nothing is going to change if no one has the heart to speak up about it.

Fuck this gay earth

I meant in social media or something like a bar or party. Those kind of people pretty much always say what they're thinking at the ballot.

I’m seeing this at work and my friends are being forced to transfer or quit to break us up. I have too much social power along with the several friends and the minority new-hires are all put off by us because we were here first and know everything wheras they are sensitive and ignorant and require artificial bonding efforts to feel included.

My hyper-liberal company has turned me into “prep the gas ovens!” level Nazi. Good job assholes!

I want off this fucking rock

KILL EVERYONE!

>Why would schools be telling anyone "No, you don't have a preference or personality. You must like everyone."
Communist agenda. Colleges are taken over. Children must be targeted.

I realize that, but how do we stop this shit?
As in, within reality and legal bounds. How do we stop this marxist shit from spreading everywhere like cancer? It's not legal to go out and kill them, what they are doing is always allowed under the law - what can we do to combat it at the same level?

RWDS when?

Why can't real life be more like Facebook?

>avoid creating feelings of exclusions among those without best friends

I just don't think they'll make the connection between the vote and whats happening to be honest. Unless the vote isn't an election but a specific vote about these school rules, they will forget about this article after 1 nights worth of sleep (I'm referring to normies and lefties).

>Some psychologists and parents argue kids become more well-adjusted when they have larger friend groups and can avoid negative feelings associated with feeling left out.

What's all this shit about teenagers and young adults with lots of friends suffering from mental health problems and killing themselves then?

Holy fuck this is literally Brave New World

>.au

That's Australia you ...

hmm, I was going to mention a food that you eat and call you a retard, but Greece can't afford food anymore.

pay debts

Is it a good read?
It's on my wishlist for books because I've heard the name of it thrown around a lot.

Hitler was RIGHT, he was just an UNDER-ACHIEVER!!!!!

I googled it and apparently the log your jog thing is fake.

People with a smaller group of friends tend to be more conservative. People with deeper relationships tend to be more conservative. If someone is doing statistics on this, the entire focus is "what makes people more traditional/conservative?" and whatever they find from there they try to destroy. This is a psyop.

They can't enforce this. They would have to be very authoritarian over children, or brainwash em. Neither are humane.

Seriously though, that is why the only possible answer to leftism short of mass genocide is asylums.
Imprison these people in nice asylums with parks, millions of them if need be. Put them in reserves where they can do no harm.
Leftism is a mental disease. Invest in asylums.

Next you're going to say IQ is a social construct.

soon brother

Yes, here, read it now, it's imperative

idph.com.br/conteudos/ebooks/BraveNewWorld.pdf

youtube.com/watch?v=omvJhE-RmCA

You read shit in that book that makes Huxley look like he could predict the future. Politicians seem to have taken it not as a warning, but as an instruction manual.

>he thinks public schooling is worried about being humane or not

I guess you haven't seen the caliber of retard they are making teachers these days.

Humanity is not in their interests, it is to create more progressives.

Why would I waste resources on preserving people that wish for me and my brethren to be eradicated?

These vicious vermin need nothing less then a storm of lead.

And what, are they gonna physically stop two kids from talking to each other if they feel that they're getting too close? Stupid idea in theory and impossible in practice.
>You two aren't allowed to be together anymore
>Here, go talk to Dekwan
>Ayo white bow you see all dem hotties ova there?
>first kid silent and depressed forever

She's not yours to share.

>doesn't realize that's exactly what they want to do
>doesn't realize they want to destroy the last shred of white community we have left

This will only be enforced on whites by the way.

Wut

>don't have any friends in elementary school so I read books and played educational PC games
>became so smart no one wanted anything to do with me
>become a misanthrope
>by the time I'm in (((college))) no one other than my family even speaks to me anymore
and so on

>"Leftist "progressive" philosophies for instance have always been funded by international money because of how they glorify weakness and denegrate virtue. The "misfortunate" and liable are set before the competent in an attempt to produce false sense of humane-ness and virtue by masking jealousy as a sense of justice. It makes a population impotent of producing its own local elite."

>fears publicly saying anything on social media
get rid of social media then. it's not necessary to live a good life.

So he didn't tell you dick except that he's a pussy who won't speak his mind. More pathetic that commies, in my mind. Wrong as they are, they're not afraid to speak their minds.

see They already started the concept of separating students years ago by not allowing "smart students" to sit together so they're able to help other students for example. So I'd think they are already conditioned to be accepting of being separated, it's just now that the reasoning has changed.

Straight up cultural marxism. You destroy families, you destroy religion, you destroy anything that might get between people and the state - including close friends.

I remember my high school tried to ban relationships but gave up after not being able to enforce it

Do they want more NEETS and Sup Forums posters? Because that’s how you get more NEETS and Sup Forums posters.

It's because there is no free market competition in schools.

Get rid of their funding and things will fix themselves quickly.

>Straight up cultural marxism.

I've had arguments with normies before because they don't believe cultural marxism is a real thing and they also believe communism and marxism are only economic theories and that is where it ends for them in their mind, they are not even willing to engage any of the facts I present them (Like "Frankfurt School and Critical Theory").

One of the worst problem today is that people think that everything government does has a very good reason to be, so that they accept its monstrosities easily.

Well they plan to supplement this kind of thing with other marxist/communist ideals so they go down a different path.

My parents told me I've always disliked a large portion of people and even straight up told them so on playdates and in class. What a fucking nightmare this would have been for a picky autist like me.

Please Kim start the nuke bogaloo