North Korea sanctions: Trump to make 'important announcement', says White House

What do you think the announcement may be? Is he going to lift sanctions? Is he going to declare war? Harsher sanctions? Discuss.

Article here:

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/north-korea-sanctions-announcement-trump-latest-kim-jong-un-nuclear-crisis-war-threat-a7959541.html

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/GQJqq
reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-russia-exclusive/exclusive-from-russia-with-fuel-north-korean-ships-may-be-undermining-sanctions-idUSKCN1BV1DC
youtube.com/watch?v=awQDLoOnkdI
youtube.com/watch?v=H5583ceJQgY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Archived it
archive.is/GQJqq

thanks, sorry, I wasn't thinking about it when I posted

What time is the announcement?

Probably naval blockade. There have been recent reports of North Korean ships smuggling fuel from Russia & China.

Sometime tomorrow. I bet he's going to lift sanctions honestly, but with the "Destroy North Korea" shit he said at the UN I dont' know what to think

By God thats just 1 day before the Sept23rd spooky prophecy

trump is a cuck and won't do shit, just like the 10 times before that

Fox just said there will be more sanctions announced later today.

haha noice

Announcement will come from Steve Mnuchin this afternoon.

wait i'm a fucking faggot and thought it was wednesday, it said sometime today.

RED FUCKING ALERT

reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-russia-exclusive/exclusive-from-russia-with-fuel-north-korean-ships-may-be-undermining-sanctions-idUSKCN1BV1DC

How nervous are people on the coast? It doesn't occur what may be done while reading articles, but then you take a walk outside and walls start to close in.

Once the Norks are put to bed we can liberate south korean.

The japs will move in and build structures to occupy north korea like we do in Germanistan for the next decade or two till south korean can re-integrate.(cant be trusted to handle themselves)

Finally NATO and the US can remove our troops stationed in SK for decades.

USA can stop babysitting Japan and SK and Japan can remilitzarize and enter a production based society.

what is the point of sanctions? I really don't get it, they will still find a way to get what they really want. All it is doing is killing innocent North Koreans that have no control over their own lives

This new round of sanctions Is related to banks in China.

The sanctions allow you to pinpoint the countries which are aiding a enemy of the UN and EU

China and Russia and going to keep giving them shit. The only time I heard of any sanctions that would of pissed of Kim Jong Un was when Switzerland wouldn't sell him ski lifts

Right now I'd say the main purpose of sanctions is to reduce the longevity of the coming war. Armies need fuel to fight. Starve them of fuel and they can't move.

It also has the added benefit of shining light on those countries that continue to do business with North Korea. Right now it's becoming clear that China and Russia care more about propping up the regime than they do about international trade. That's very worrying. Why would these nations risk financial loss to aid the North Korean dictatorship which has literally nothing to offer them in return besides coal (which they can get elsewhere without any risk)?

We don't trade nothing. T-Rex said le Russian businessmen exploit slave labour from North Korea, whatever that means. Probably Korean refugees build houses in Moscow region.

youtube.com/watch?v=awQDLoOnkdI

yeah, it seems like part of the battle plan. inb4 muh 4d chess. i'm sick of the lack of action too. sanctions are not fire or fury, does trump know this?

And the Chinese shit bricks.

If North Korea needs fertilizer I'd be happy to send them a box of my shit.

I'm not having a go at your guys but people within your country are selling stuff to NK and hiding it. I would too if I could make money from it.
NK has rare earth minerals. I wouldn't be surprised if both China and Russia and getting some of them in exchange for weapons and knowledge. It is also in both countries best interest to keep them as a buffer from South Korea and by proxy USA

kek

Sieg heil and yes - we want/need action.

Will this effect me and my 16 sheep wifes in any way?

>NK has rare earth minerals.
Does anyone know if they've actually exploited the deposits though? It's one thing to know there's valuable minerals there, it's another thing if those minerals are actually being extracted and transported in economically significant quantities.

save some gets for the rest of us please.

Are burgers ready to go die for Israel, again?
youtube.com/watch?v=H5583ceJQgY

Youre just jealous you dont have top quality sheep wifes for as little as $20, $5 if you like em young.

Yep

China will always ship stuff to NK under the table, sanctions or none.

Though, it's the steps you have to go through to "exhaust all options before action".

wtf is this shit? we voted for him to end isis and ally with putin. i can't even anymore guys. i'm done.

i know man it's madness.

Hes gonna say some bigly bad things will happen and tommorow we will wake up to some false flag and war with china/north korea.

He's going to sing Rocket Man and it will be glorious

A naval blockade would prevent the Chinese from hiding it effectively. Hard to move thousands of tons of fuel without a constant convoy of tanker trucks passing over the Friendship Bridge, very easily photographed by satellite. That's why they have to resort to shell games with ships turning off their transponders and changing destinations en route.

It would be very embarrassing for China to have to resort to tanker trucks and be called out in the UN over their violation of sanctions. That isn't to say that they wouldn't do it; they don't give a fuck about the UN or sanctions obviously. But it would demonstrate their level of commitment to the North Korean regime. Will they abandon them if their duplicity is brought to light? Or will they tell the UN to get fucked and continue propping up Rocket Man?

you know NK loves tunnels? maybe they have some fucking tunnels into China that fucking tanker trucks go through. No one would fucking no about it and China would kill any cunt like snowden trying to leak any info really fucking fast

>important announcement
arf..arf..
>good goy

Did those USFK evacuation rumours from this morning ever amount to anything? Was honestly kind of spooked all day at work.

As far as I can tell it was just a troll. USFK would not hide an evacuation order. They would do the exact opposite. They need to inform all the dependents as fast as possible. They'd have it plastered all over facebook, twitter, and DoD websites. It would literally be everywhere.

Another possibility was that the user that posted the screenshot was a tech who was testing the alert system. The NEO manual specifies that text messages would be one of the methods of alerting dependents of an evacuation.

The fact that SK elected leftist Moon, and some cultist center-right tool before him, shows they aren't competent compared to the Japanese.

Yeah I think its less about actually hurting NK, and more about doing many things before nuking NK, so that nobody can say you didnt try to avoid having to nuke them.

Or it was real
It was meant to be kept silent
Some faggot blew OPSEC
Now its damage control and goys like you already believe it

No, that's not how it works. You can't move 11,000 people as fast as humanly possible without telling them, and those people have to tell other people that they're not going to show up for work, or school, or appointments, or whatever. Ships and planes and buses would have to be running non-stop. This shit can't be done quietly.

Moreover, the plans involved are public knowledge. Everyone is briefed on what to do if the NEO order comes down. None of that involves staying silent.

Lastly, people can't keep secrets for SHIT. Not government, not military, and especially not dependapotamus housewives and their kids. That shit would be on facebook or twitter instantaneously, ESPECIALLY if it were meant to be secret.

Japan seems like the only developed country with it's head screwed on right. They don't let in huge amount of immigrants and they don't give them citizenship

It's a waste of time. He doesn't give two fucks about sanctions.

Also, remember that Trump called him a "smart cookie" and said he'd love to meet him. Just... I honestly don't know what to expect from either of them anymore.

The guy fires off some half-assed rocket every single week. Why this is becoming major news now, I have no idea. Threatening war with North Korea is fucking stupid for those people close to them... oh, what are they called again? Oh yeah, South Korea...

The U.S. isn't the one that should be worried. If any kind of North Korea attack were to happen, they would more than likely strike Seoul, which doesn't have the same defense capabilities we do.

Have you not been paying attention over the last year or so?

He's been doing this please pay attention to me act since Obama's presidency. Most of his missiles never get off the mainland or crash shortly into the water but that doesn't get views. Scaring people into thinking he actually nuclear warheads is what gets views.

Kim Jong Fatass and Drumpf are what happens when two egos collide.

>Seattle says it will create undue panic to create a nuclear plan
>It's the same as an earthquake plan goyim
>Don't you trust us?

So you haven't been paying attention.

>What do you think the announcement may be?

Trump is going to release a virus that sterilize all North Koreans.

Imagine we have to go through specific diplomatic steps to keep the world and UN from thinking we're the warmongers
>Now imagine everyone in the world wants a piece of you, and that you can obliterate anyone who dares to take you to task
>Now imagine you haven't been allowed to take that leash off since 1944.
That's what sanctions are for. Also nice digits.

>Is he going to declare war?
No, he's already said he's not going to go there unless we have to defend ourselves or our allies.
>Harsher sanctions?
Probably, but not sure because he knows these haven't really done fuck all so far. Maybe China's decided to do something finally? I don't know. Probably a nothingburger.

inb4 he got a deal with Russia/China to not interfere if US attacks first

Well technically we are still at war with N Korea, so Trump could decide at any point to end the cease fire.

I could see a major gas attack on Seoul; that would allow the North to capture it relatively intact without all those pesky capitalists getting in the way of glorious Juche philosophy. It would also allow the North to maximize the destructive power of delivery systems they have with the necessary range to hit Seoul before they are destroyed.

Sure the Norks have lots of artillery, but only their Scuds and Koksans have the necessary range to hit the city proper from the mountains behind the DMZ. So a few hundred systems which have all been pre-designated. If they fire gas warheads as fast as possible they could make Seoul temporarily uninhabitable without permanently damaging it. It'd also kill, incapacitate, or at least disrupt the mustering of South Korean reserves. If they could simultaneously nuke Guam, US bases in Japan, and perhaps Busan they could hope to Zerg the rest of the country before the US could respond.

It's a hail mary plan, but that's all the North really has. Ultimately they're acting stupidly. KJU could live out the rest of his days and increase his wealth dramatically by liberalizing like China.

imagine if you just sold meth and did other dodgey stuff like a drug dealer, but you were a country

Daily reminder that Best Korea's Generals are highly decorated.

Would be great but I'm not seeing it. Speaking of Russia, they've been flexing a bit over in Syria the last couple days. Hopefully our President doesn't roast them for that. We don't need to overextend right now.
Of course. He has pretty much every right to do anything right now but it seems he's gauging the public response a little more closely these days.

Imagine you were a prison island solely inhabited by disgusting monkey experiments and a bunch of weird speaking white bros

Believe me, we're much more ready as a country to glass the region than any time before.
>What is the world going to do, say no to Israel?

Trump will trash-talk and on 23 NK will bomb west coast and also send submarines to east coast

It's also to encourage any dissidents to rise up.

Trump could agree to give Russia a free hand in Syria if Russia gives the US a free hand in North Korea. Honestly that'd be a win for the US. Nobody gave a single solitary fuck about Russian bases in Syria prior to 2011. Seriously, think about it. Russia has had air and naval bases there for decades. Assad and his dad ruled the place for decades. Nobody cared. Why do we care now? It's nonsensical. There's no reason to be involved, beyond the argument about maintaining the taboo on chemical weapons. And honestly at this point it's not that great of an argument anymore.

yeah dumb fuck you didn't even fucking understand what I said. NK are the equivalent of a meth dealer but they have a country full of people making and selling drugs

>Richard Spencer, Mike Enoch and other """alt right leaders""" vehemently attacking any condemnation or thought of action against North Korea
>say that North Korea dindu nuffin and will be perfectly peaceful with their neighbors and us if we give them everything they ask for and remove all military from East Asia
>say that Venezuela and North Korea are gloriously functioning nations that should be cherished and we should defend/stand in solidarity with them
>any evidence to the contrary is met with "it is all Jewish and Saudi lies!"
>they regularly use Nazbol talking points and retweet/like tweets from Nazbols/Leninists
Is this peak clown world?

how can you rise up when you are so malnourished that you cannot even stand up

hunger is a hell of a motivator

You are now aware that "alt-right leaders" are Russian influenced shills.

I am 100% confident in our military's strength and our victory if we have to go there but I really do advocate peace if at all possible. I think a declaration of war TODAY would be perceived as premature so I think we're too early. Kim's gonna have to bomb something of ours or our allies, I think. I'm hoping in the meantime, we're putting together some kind of decapitation strike that won't require nuking the peninsula.

Absolutely, couldn't agree with you more. My feelings exactly. I do not give a fuck about Syria. It's another Team America World Police scenario that never ends. I am a conservative on foreign policy. I do not believe in foreign intervention unless it's a matter of necessity - and that situation is not one.

He will be bigly concerned.

why haven't the NK populace risen up then? or is it all a lie

You know that orbital bombardment is a thing, right? Drops from orbit and digs down, pops a nuke and liquifies the soil around it. Drop three or four of these on a nation at one time and they're toast.

I'm not sure they can. You have to have a a fairly large percentage of dissidents to start a rebellion.

I tend to believe North Koreans are fairly complacent with Kim and I don't think they're that hungry except for the early 90's.

I am completely against US involvement in Syria or Iran. There is currently no reason for it and only serves to further actual Jewish and Saudi interests. North Korea on the other hand is a clear and obvious direct threat to the US and all of our allies in East Asia. It is completely disingenuous for people to compare the situation of the two groups as just some conspiracy to promote Jewish hedgemony. I see involvement in Syria and Iran as world police bullshit, but action in North Korea as legitimate. With that said though, I think that South Korea and Japan would have to be completely on board with any action taken, and for the only boots on the ground to be South Korean for several obvious reasons.

yeah I don't know because I don't trust the media to portray it with any legitimacy. It's very confusing because they seem to monitor the shit out of anyone who visits from the west. Would like to see a Chinese persons perspective on NK

that's a very strong either/or

people who paint in black and white like that are very rarely wrong. I can tell you're just trying really hard to get a one-up. It's not very successful.

I meant to type very rarely right, fuck

vatnik pls

Could you be any more obvious?

>It's another Team America World Police scenario that never ends.

I think the reason that Obama got us involved there in the first place was due to the fact that he saw the "Arab Spring" as a way to undo the white man's colonial influence on that part of the world. We did pretty much create these countries out of the corpse of the Ottoman empire after all, and the fact that whitey had so much influence while Africans & Muslims didn't must chap his black ass.

Lift sanctions?
Wtf, are you kidding?

I don't see it as black and white. I think NK are only doing what is in their best interest in obtaining Nukes. I just don't know how true that the regular NK is starving or what. How much is bullshit how much is truth. On one hand you have NK propaganda saying they are the best country ever. On the other hand you have the west saying how evil they are

Read the whole post and the other one I made. Nazbol and Duginists are subhuman scum that should be sterilized at the very least.

they need to be shown the way of the samurai.

OP, you can't declare war on someone when you've never actually ended the war in the first place.
A piece of paper paused the war, but didn't end it.

Fuck you, akmed.

You faggots never fail to embarrass yourselves

I meant with your comment practically stating "they're either starving and rising up or it's all bullshit lies"

lol sit the fuck down keyboard warrior the only person that's embarrassing themselves is you

go angst somewhere else

You've clearly been influenced by Russian/Iranian shills.

You really think Hitler would give a shit about Muslim savages?

>inb4 muh persian aryan
It's a lie pushed by Iranians.

all I was trying to say with that is if the people are fucking starving they can't rise up. Try not eating for a week. You will only care about food not over throwing the government

oh, sorry for misinterpreting. Yeah, I've had to go a week without eating more than baby corn in a can one night and some stale bread because I was young and stupid and behind on bills. I know exactly what you mean, nothing else but food matters at that point.

I think this type of shit is what makes people grow up. How many people do you know that go on about stuff that really doesn't matter? They have all lived a pampered life. Trying to keep a rood over your head and keep yourself fed will make you look at what really matters. If you are doing it for more than just yourself you will smarten the fuck up like lightning

Lmao, just because you read "rods from god" memes on here doesn't make them a thing. There's no openly disclosed program like that, so you can't say for certain it's "a thing" you larping faggot.

Not to mention even if the US did have weapons like they they wouldn't show their hand on some fucking peasant country like NK. Those are the kind of weapons you would save for bigger, more dangerous foes.