Should I convert to judaism, Sup Forums? Why or why not?

So recently I went to a lecture about religious relativism, which taught me some things about jews I wasn't aware/didn't care about before. I started reading the Torah and dug deep into jewish faith and found it really interesting.
I always 'imagined' God and sin like jews do, and never much cared for Jesus. I try to live my life as a good person, and try to stay true to my country. Are these compatible with judaism? Have any of you converted or have stories about people who did?

Other urls found in this thread:

psy.miami.edu/faculty/mmccullough/Papers/Relig_self_control_bulletin.pdf
youtu.be/5q4u6uHGb30
youtube.com/watch?v=hVsjLPF5JaY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No point unless you're just using religion for rubbing elbows. Jews lost their connection to Moses when they lost all their shit in Babylonian captivity.

if you want to burn in Hell for eternity, yes

i wouldn't let them know you read the torah as a goy, because they are mandated to murder you for that
additionally they will never accept you. they are intensely racist and it's not a matter of being a religious jew. if you're not a genetic jew you will never be seen as a real jew.
also, staying true to your country would get you laughed out of any real synagogue.
there's actually no way you can win here. so put that torah in the garbage where it belongs and rethink yourself.

Some other thoughts to bump the thread.
Another thing that piqued my interest in judaism, was the picrel novels.
The story of the jewish patriarchs was fucking cool, and had good, wholesome morals.

>It was Judah's idea to sell Joseph into slavery, rather than killing him
really spins the dreidl

Yeah, and the book didn't try to show the brothers in a good light.

The Star of David is a secret symbol of transgender. Also the Christian cross. I'd stay away from these creepy cults.

And another question: if there are any jew-hating christians in the thread (I assume there are), how do you feel reading about the exploits of the jews in the old testament?
Or do you skip those parts of the Bible?

As far as I understand, you have to be born a jew to be a jew.

Ivanka converted to Judaism, and Jews accept her as a true Jew.

Besides, even if they didn't, her children are accepted as true Jews

Jewish food is also pretty decent, and shares some similarity/assembled into hungarian cuisine

I don't think you can convert just like that in judaism. You prob won't be accepted by them
Marrying a jewish woman is most likely the best scenario to convert and be accepted.

And the trolling. You'll gain mad triggering skills to troll Sup Forums.

I'm Orthodox Jewish, which is most likely what you would convert into if you're in Hungary.

Do you want to know anything about it?

Have you started to read Talmud, too?

That's their holy book.

Yes please
I'm most interested in how being jewish affects your every day life, if it does in any way.

Your post sounds kind of like a bait but I'll assume you have geniuine intent, bratanek.
>I try to live my life as a good person, and try to stay true to my country
Judaism is jewish ethno-religion. It makes sense to convert to Judaism when you are ethnic Jew or your children are going to be. Otherwise it's like you're supporting the enemy.
Think of it as if it was patriotism. As a hungarian it is good for you to be a hungarian patriot but it would be retarded and you'd be borderline traitor if you were German or Russian patriot.
I do imagine that it would be reasonable to copy some of the judaist principles and forge an european ethno-religion.

Okay. Well, you're going to typically have two major divisions in Orthodoxy; reform/conservative/liberal Judaism don't exist in force outside of the states, really, these two are

>Haredi
"Ultra Orthodox", typically isolate themselves from their larger society.
>Modernists
Orthodox, but typically working a larger society.

>Ultra Orthodox vs Orthodox
This is a distinction from without; Orthodoxy is Orthodoxy.

>What is Orthodoxy?
Orthodoxy in this way of thinking is adherence to Jewish law, or awareness therefore of its legitimacy. I.e., you can be an Orthodox Jew who doesn't practice as long as you recognize it's legitimacy... this isn't a good thing however.

>What does adherence to Jewish law mean on the daily life?
You will have to move within walking distance of a synagogue/shul if you wish to integrate into the community because you will be unable to drive on shabbat.

You will have to have a working knowledge of Jewish law if you hope to integrate/marry into it. In truth, if you're unaware of Jewish statutes/haven't studied, they really won't approve of your conversion.

You will have to observe "shomer" concepts. Modesty, dress, etc. That are considered becoming of someone living a righteous lifestyle.

Other than that, you will have laws such as kosher laws which determine what is proper for eating on occasions, and likewise you'll have similar laws for what you wear.

>What else on the daily/weekly?
You'll typically want to observe three prayer sessions a day, and observe shabbat.

We discourage converts.We neither trust them nor need them.

I used to think jews would violently genocide whites once they're enough of a minority to discover their ethnic identity and stop breeding outside of their race. I now think that the plan will be for judaism to assimilate whites into the future 'executive caste'. In a future governed by ashkenazi turbojews and freemasons, the normal jews and white new jewish converts will be part of the higher ranks of society in charge of managing and overseeing the black/brown slave caste. Sounds sci-fi as fuck but I think this is the jewish MO, similar to how they converted all jews into jewish supremacist zionists via persecution by an antisemitic regime they themselves put in place and funded. The jews treat us like sheep, scaring is into whatever direction they want, and we have about the same power to defend ourselves as sheep do against wolves.

>I do imagine that it would be reasonable to copy some of the judaist principles and forge an european ethno-religion.

That's kinda what I was thinking about.
I like what I read about judaist principles (it's another question how much of this is practiced in reality), and of course, some of those tenets are similar to christianity.
But like I said in the OP, the christian concepts of original sin and Jesus himself have always been 'weird' to me.

>the christian concepts of original sin and Jesus himself have always been 'weird' to me
I share the sentiment. Christian strategy kind of reminds me of SJW leftist strategy, first they make you feel guilty (for being white/Holocaust/original sin) and then they manipulate you into doing whatever they want (accept Jesus/shitskin rapefugees).
There's plenty of religions that don't demand self-flagellation though and especially the far eastern ones are worth studying if you value strong community and tradition

What I mean about original sin, is that it always seemed unfair to me, that people are inherently fucked and evil because the sin of our ancestor
The jewish concept of having free will to act good or evil appeals to me more

>Christian strategy kind of reminds me of SJW leftist strategy, first they make you feel guilty (for being white/Holocaust/original sin) and then they manipulate you into doing whatever they want (accept Jesus/shitskin rapefugees).

This is an interesting thought.
There is a conspiracy theory about christianity being created by the Roman Empire to control the population.
I'm not saying it's true, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Oh, btw, I don't have any problem with christians, some of my chillest friends are christians.

>the far eastern ones are worth studying if you value strong community and tradition

Meh... there is a hungarian saying that goes like: 'your neighbors grass is always greener'. That's how I feel about westerners who study eastern religions.
One of the othet reasons I was more interested in judaism is because it has a long tradition in Europe.

>I try to live my life as a good person, and try to stay true to my country. Are these compatible with judaism?
I'm gonna give you a serious answer now. I had a Jewish friend who once told me that in the event of a war between Brazil and Israel, he'd fight for Israel, despite having been born and raised here. This is something I can understand because our deepest beliefs are certainly stronger than our bond to our country, unless said country provides the best social representation of our deepest beliefs. In other words, religion typically trumps nationalism when the two conflict, which is why some regimes try to keep religion under control, making them submit to national interest as the highest value.

I still think you should definitely look into religion, as it makes life more fulfilling, specially these days. psy.miami.edu/faculty/mmccullough/Papers/Relig_self_control_bulletin.pdf

Yes, you'll love it. I have many interests that vary from tame to wild. I'm uninhibited and open minded. I like trying new things and I'll try just about anything once, more if I like it. With me, there is never a dull moment. I'm passionate about all that I do, I live hard, I play hard, and I love hard.
A few things that appeal to me intimate side include candlelit bubble baths, scented candles, the solitude of a picnic for two, porch swing conversations, soft lace, and white rose petals tossed across the bed.
A few of my favorite past times are laying in front of a roaring fire, relaxing with a glass of bubbly, or sitting in the sand watching the sun go down. Some of the things I like to wear are leather and lace, as I feel it's ruggedly sexy. I enjoy the beauty and simplicity that life brings, such as sand beneath my feet, the passing of a butterfly and the sensuality in the kiss of an ocean breeze.

I used to live in a jewish halfway house (don't ask), where I was the only goy out of 10-12 other people.

After a while I went to synagogue and checked it out. It was bretty cool/10, especially coming from a catholic "you're gonna burn in hell for touching yourself" background.

In the course of conversation I just asked about what's the deal with jewish converts. The answers I got were a little mixed. My friend who was in rabbinical school said that only orthodox conversion is considered legit by other jews, that (((reform))) conversions are for goys that fall in love with a jewess and want to make her parents happy. Some jews consider real converts to be even more jewish than those born into it, because they "came to judaism" rather than simply being born into. Others simply see it as a transparent attempt to get in good with the uppity ups, and will always consider you a shabbos goy (literally).

tl;dr if you're going to convert then orthodox is the only respected way, and even then you won't really be part of the clique

>I try to live my life as a good person, and try to stay true to my country. Are these compatible with judaism?

Yes. But you don't need Judaism to be a good person, Christianity works just as well, we share the important bits anyway.

Unless you want to get into Israel via the "Law of return" (The law that states any Jew has the birth given right to do an Aliya and migrate to Israel), or you'd like to marry a religious Jewish girl, there is zero reason for you to convert to Judaism.

The religion is far stricter with way more nonsensical rules than Christianity like Kosher eating and Circumcision as some easy go to examples.

And in the end Jews are very tribalistic in nature so you'd most likely feel like an outsider or a fake for your whole life.

By all means get more religious, get closer to God, but do yourself a favor and think real hard before trying to convert to Judaism. I don't think it's worth it.

This is the honest truth the way I see it.

>Thinking you can simply convert to Judaism

You will never be Hebrew. However if you marry a jewish woman your children will be. Traditionally it was having a jewish mother that made you a Hebrew or not.

Thanks, lads for making this a good thread

>Yes. But you don't need Judaism to be a good person, Christianity works just as well, we share the important bits anyway.

Well, you could say that the ethics and tenets are alike, but there are larger, fundamental differences like I pointed out.
I have no problem living this way, but it would be fun to do this in a community, like going to a church/synagogue/whatever, you know? As it turns out, I'm a unique for thinking this way about religion in my social circle.

>Religious relativism
>relativism
Every form of relativism was rejected by 500 BC. Why do you Jews keep coming back to it? Nothing of value itt has been said after the word relativism.

Do it faggot!

I'd like to thank you for acknowledging tribalism, as I think this is important to build a bridge between Sup Forumsacks in general and the nationalists among you.

>there is zero reason for you to convert to Judaism.

Well, it depends. I suppose for a spiritual relationship, but it's definitely not necessary to live a righteous life as a non-Jew.

>tl;dr if you're going to convert then orthodox is the only respected way, and even then you won't really be part of the clique

Yeah, long story short converting is a huge amount of obligation in Orthodoxy; Jews returning to the fold typically get leniency, think "You fucked up, but we're still here for you senpai"

Thing is though, except for marriage, law of return, or rabbinical ordination, there is no real reason for people to know you're a convert unless you tell them.

>Fight for Israel over any other country
The relationship to the Jewish people really isn't a nationality as much as it is a form of distant kinship. Relationship to Israel is more complicated.

It's an odd thing; Israel is the only country in the world that would actually pay a premium for my life. Likewise, the Jewish people would take me in regardless of circumstance whereas no one else besides immediate blood would.

No, the process is long and not worth it.

I honestly can't say, but I think OP should go ask actual converts.

Like I wouldn't "un-Jew" myself if it was possible, but I don't think that's really the same in concept.

I'm a goy living in the middle of a haredi area (next to Gateshead Yeshiva), and I've been to Israel last year.

You can't just convert like that, there is a full on process involved including getting your dick chopped, think hard beforehand.

I like living amongst Haredim, better than the Muslim shithole on the other side of the city that I grew up in.

>t. JIDF
We are currently being raided by these kikes.
They're really nervous these days how many goyim are being redpilled, so they're flooding us, trying to overwhelm with misinformation in an attempt to confuse new posters.
These Jews really are rat liars.
You can tell by the fact that they can't even bother to post honestly.
They always have to pretend to be us.
it's always subversion with them.
You literally can't trust a word from them.

Why did you go to Israel?

There aren't a lot of Jews posting. It's high holidays.

I'm only posting because I live in fuck off no where and can't really participate.

youtu.be/5q4u6uHGb30

>Trust me goyim, would I lie
I know your people, kike.
For the goyim, you have nothing but lies.

Bad goy.

she got accepted because her daddy is worth a lot of money, good luck becoming a chosen people from a regular working goy, the only people who will 'accept' you are other converts and anybody who looks to make a buck selling you hebrew lessons or a a yarmulke for every occasion

God doesn't exist you retard

That doesn't matter fool.

youtube.com/watch?v=hVsjLPF5JaY

Lol
This is the first time I've been accused of being JIDF
It's fucking hilarious, because I can tell you are genuine, but you have no idea how wrong you are

>t. JIDF

Just to visit, stayed in Tel Aviv at first - just as degenerate as any western city with hordes of Somali niglet refugees in south TV.

Jerusalem was nice, too many Israeli Arabs trying to sell you shit though. Went to West Bank too (Ramallah, Bethlehem) and the arabs there were ok.

If it was a rule for Jews to murder anyone who isn't a Jew that reads the Torah that'd have to murder most of the planet.

Do you want a timestamped photo of my uncircumcized penis?

Who cares. Just do it. It won't stop you getting jewed like the rest of us though.

>judaism
>convert

they will literally never treat you the way they treat g^d's chosen people
just dedicate your life to eradicating them instead

Tel Aviv is really younger Miami, or smaller warmer New York in a lot of ways.

>Niglets
They're probably Ethiopians :^) We spent a lot of money to import them, it was a poor investment.

>Jerusalem selling things to tourists
Yeah, especially in the old cities, you probably stood out like a sore thumb.

>West Bank
West Bank is interesting, especially when talking to the younger generations.

>Places you should have gone
Haifa is pretty good. Be'er Sheva in parts.

Become a Mormon they'll give you a hot waifu

You can't convert to Judaism you stupid fucking faggot.

Not ethiopians. They are sudanese and eritrean immigrants who crossed the egyptian border illegally before the fence was built. They are now slowly getting deported. I think in 10 years they'd be gone.

>Should I convert to judaism, Sup Forums? Why or why not?
Why are you such an anti-White faggot?

But your son/daughter can.

>started reading the Torah
Have you actually FINISHED reading the torah? Because if so, you might be one of the very few...
Besides the big highlights of Genesis Exodus (both sprinkled with some really weird and out-of-place passages, lists, tables and both are filled with senseless repetitions/contradictions), the Torah is a very tough read. Most of it are fun but pointless folk legend, and the rest are moralizing/instructions very clearly written by and for iron age tribal people.
Good lucking making your way through leviticus.

I read the entire Torah. Leviticus was a pain.

Have you read the Talmud though?
The Torah is safe for the goyim to explore, but the Talmud is supposed to be just for the Jews.
That's why it remained untranslated for so long.

>They're probably Ethiopians
No, south Tel-Aviv is notorious for being filled with actual Sudanese and Somali "refugees". The unquestionably worst part of the country. I'd take even the fucking Bedouin Max Mad post-apocalyptic landscape of the northern Negev over the shithole around the Tel Aviv Central Bus Station.

At least they stopped coming after Based Bibiā„¢ built a wall across our southern border.
Unfortunately, the High Court refuses to left the government to just kick 'em out because MUH HUMAN RIGHTS, but there's a bill passing through the Knesset right now to allow the government bypast the high court on certain occasions such as this one.

That's fucking awful, I haven't been back since maybe 2012ish.