How come Russias troops get better gear than USA?

>Trump increases military budget
>Still using old stock (5.56)
Explain?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9×39mm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASh-12.7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have you ever shot anyone with 5.56?

Is that FAMAS?

Shoo Shoo Vatnik

Why replace what works?

US soldier here, what's wrong with 5.56. It would take forever if we changed out standard issue ammunition. But there's talks about mixing 7.62 rifles into every unit

Slavshit is actually terrible and only for memes

>5.56
You dumb nigger 5.45x39 is a copy of that round, that just shows vatniks cant invent shit.

That program has already been put on hold (ie killed)

Yes!

I'm not saying it's bad, but I'm talking about progression, it seems Russia is putting huge effort into making new firearms these days, whereas the US has stagnated (in spite of massive funding)? Seems odd.

5.56 rolls around in you. It can go in your arm and come out of your leg. It's brutal in actual use.

> why smaller calibre?
wounds incapacitate an enemy faster than fatalities

>5.56x45
12.3g per cartridge
>7.62x39
16.3g per cartridge

16.3-12.3=4g difference
33% of a 5.56
25% of a 7.62
4*30=120g=0.26lb
up to a quarter pound less per standard magazine

That weapon in my pic isn't 5.45
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9×39mm

Nothing wrong with 5.56mm, green tips are meh though

855A1 does everything, just expect some wear on your rifles moving parts

Barrier blind Hollowpoints etc all take out unarmored targets

If youre longer than 500m, go for a headshot, move or use a .308

Russians have always been very experimental with their firearms and also what actual line units get issued. I think they have a lot of good ideas with the 9x39 and suppressed platforms.

They pioneered the SDM position to boot.

Bullpups are for autists who hate good triggers

What round do you propose we use, user?

7.62x54

tfw no .280 brit
tfw no EM-2
tfw no empire

I've seen MK262 SOST out of a 10.3" gun kill someone at near 500-600 meters in Afghanistan.

Another weird one
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASh-12.7

US has moved to customizing the AR15 platform rather than changing to something new. You can build almost anything you want using the AR15 platform from SBRs to long range snipers

It already throws a low recoil, high accuracy, deadly rifle bullet almost half a mile. From there all it needs to do is add features the rifleman needs like scopes, flashlights, grips, lasers, muzzle devices, stocks etc

Way easier to customize and way more stuff available than any other rifle in the world

Also youtube teaches you everything from how to build it to how to maximize its effectiveness

The AR15 in 5.56mm isnt just a rifle, its a whole industry now.

Can't you read you fucking Vatnik? 5.45x39 is your issued round, 9x39 is similar to .458 SOCOM (11.6x40) and isn't standard issue.

556 is faster and thus penetrates body armor better

The AR15 is a hard design to beat from a price point, moducularity and performance.

The recent M4A1+ PIP was probably the stupidest fucking thing to roll out to the line though. Nobody fucking asked for full auto and heavier barrels. Everyone was asking for free float rails.

T. guy who doesn't deal with that bullshit anymore.

If theyre not wearing armor and your sighted in/stabilized for 70gr+ rounds, that ones a sandstopper

Because 5.56 is still fine for the most part? The Army has much better things to spend their limited money on that a new round that's far more expensive than the very limited benefit it gives.

7.62x51 or go fuck ya motha.

I've seen a "18 SPR with Mk.262 kill someone at 720M.

They will probably change to some currently unknown polymer cased telescoping cartridge that is a little more powerful that the 5.56 but not as powerful as the 7.62x51.

>buying a repro STG ever.

He wasn't. He was a squirter during a cordon & search with our ODA partners. We were gonna drop him with the beltfed but one of the SF dudes wanted to try and take him with the MK18.

I've never fought against dudes with body armour but we got some BOLOs of some highly equipped combatant cells wearing plate carriers and shit. Our sister unit did get ambushed by an SPG-9 and AGS17 at the same time.

Ground troops no longer make an impact as someone in their underwear can that can shoot a missle at someone's ass miles away.

What config was the SPR?

Full auto is a forced movie meme for panic spraying and suppressing fire(during a big firefight this is very necessary I admit)

Get a nice trigger and learn to accurately tap 10 headshots in 5 seconds semiautomatically if you really want to operate

>Lighter round
>Bouncy, goes all over the body
>Better for incapacitating
>Heavier, put packs more a punch
>Goes right on through
>Easier for elimination
Had a 7mm hunting rifle as my first gun (it was my father's), can't recall the brand, but I still have it at home in a safe. I personally think it boils down to what you're wanting to do to the object on the other end of the barrel, and I can see uses for both in a military.

that didnt take long. assumed generals wanted a job at hk after they retire

>But there's talks about mixing 7.62
300 blackout would be the easiest replacement and still light weight enough to carry plenty of ammo, suppressed subs or supersonic with just a mag change, if you need more than that might as well go 308

firing that grenade looks paintful
>broken finger

If anyone complains about a standard 16 inch carbines accuracy just upgrade to an 18 or 20 inch barrel and use better ammo

I believe anything short of a 1000m with a barrel longer than 18 and a quality round

>I'm not saying it's bad, but I'm talking about progression, it seems Russia is putting huge effort into making new firearms these days, whereas the US has stagnated (in spite of massive funding)? Seems odd.

Small arms are not a very important part of our military structure. It all went towards modernizing our air force and vehicles for low-intensity combat full of IEDs.

Artillery wins wars, not rifles.

Does it really matter? Ground troops are glorified spotters these days. All they have to do is hold position until the chair force comes in and rains hell. They just mop up afterwards.

>bullpup platform

It all stemmed from a battle at a COP where most of the troops went full-retard mode and started shooting as fast as possible. Complete loss of command and control, seemed like a training issue more than needing to make the M4 more idiot proof.

>full auto is a meme.
Yeah I kind of agree but I was on SAW during some of my first combat experiences so it's got a special place in my heart for slaughtering rag heads.

post war images cunts.

Mk.12 SPR some MARSOC dudes had one.

that looks like a heavier aka shit tavor variant

>ids all day airforce
faggot.

At the end of the day it will always come down to men and steel.

Ah. Never worked with MARSOC. Read some AARs of them getting fucked up in Helmand though. Wonder if their MK.12s are different than ours. thinkingface.jpeg.

Full auto sears make for much smoother trigger pulls vs. m4's with three round burst. The three round burst pieces of shit are also more prone to fucking up, more parts that can get fucked, more complicated design. Three round burst is the meme, full auto is there for emergency situations(oh fuck moments) and being able to rapidly suppress a position when an AR is not present.

the Storm rifle came way before the fucking kike bullpup

Body armor gunfights are going to be a rude awakening to any soldier whos used to fighting goatfuckers

Nothing but luck, headshots and close range proper ammo will guarantee kills.

If you dont own body armor, spend $500 and get some quality shit just in case

16" should be the MINIMUM length of a barrel, every other nation who adopted a 5.5.56x45mm weapon did this, but we went full retard.

>556 is faster and thus penetrates body armor better
There is a reason people dont hunt deer with 556, Its a shit light weight round, any rifle round will penetrate soft body armor and if you are talking about steel plates you might want to think again

They were thinking about adopting it, but went with the Mk.17 SCAR.

>three round burst was a mistake.
yes it was.

We train to shoot the pelvis but those Russians have literally hard plate pelvis protection. :l

>that trigger discipline
10/10.

A recce rifle is good to have tho.

Staying calm in a life or death situation and hitting a killzone as many times as possible with semi auto is more effective than spraying uncontrollably at something youre afraid of and hoping it dies

Your goal is to be John Wick, not Scarface

Russia changed their ammo to be more like 5.56; so.

>Nothing but luck, headshots and close range proper ammo will guarantee kills.

This could be why Russia are messing around with these new rounds?

>this
the Aussalt Rifle 15 is perfect for a professional soldier.
they should not be in the hands of civilians tho.

Seriously?

Russians are looking to overmatch our body armour.

Also, smaller lighter rounds mean more ammo you can carry.

>assault rifle fifteen
wewlad.

Ask and you shall recieve soldier

>Russians have dick plates
we have dick plates too, most infantry choose not to wear them though because they're uncomfortable

5.56 rekts body armor, Lv.III is rated for 7.62x51mm while 5.56 goes through.
Failure to stop will fuck most plates, and M855A1 is GOAT for AP.

A good 3lb semi auto trigger can suppress pretty nicely fyi

Some can even shoot it faster than auto with practice timing

yup. Can carry buckets of 5.56 into battle. Which means you can stay in the fight longer. Small rounds are here to stay for the most part.

Thanks mate

>Tfw I am not excited for exoskeletons
>tfw I think exos are fucking stupid
>tfw luddite

When I was uniformed our dick protectors were soft armor. They issuing hard plate dick guards now????

Im pretty sure the only ones shorter are for close quarters. AR15 SBR with hollowpoints>Pistol/shotgun for indoors

Seeing that this thread is full of milfags, is it worth joining the military, even if become POG scum?

You can pry my Mk.18 from my cold dead hands desu.

Body armor is easy to beat if AP ammo is used; the actual caliber or powder amount isnt as important as just using very hard metals in the projectile.

556 will go right through level 3 NIJ steel, even standard 55gr lead rounds will

Obviously it wont go through ceramic, but lvl 3 is the most common heavy body armor

Yes duh rifle rounds go through soft armor(2 layers of 3A will stop an 7.62 tho :P)

>When I was uniformed our dick protectors were soft armor. They issuing hard plate dick guards now????
No, I misspoke. By dick plates I was referring loosely to the ceramic inserts

>Artillery wins wars, not rifles.
You still need soldiers to act as meat shields and spotters, having a good rifle is good for morale and confidence.

Imagine it being the years 2124 and you get drafted and send to fight a war with an old ar because lol, artillery wins war anyway. Would you be happy?

Someone please put that thing out of its misery.

How do you even hold that thing? In not a gun expert i've only shot hunting rifles

As someone who's not a pogue. What the fuck is the point if you're not gonna go do cool guy shit?
>muh job trianing
go to college. It will be the same experience. Full of niggers and PC training.

Maybe their trying to invent something that doesn't gobble up their tungsten reserves? I dunno.

>Training to shoot the non-fatal part that is most likely to be behind cover
>Not the killzone that has to be put of cover for your enemy to return fire
user...

NATO had to adopt a smaller caliber because the non-white manlet mongrels of the USA could not handle a proper man size caliber like the 7.62x51mm.

Its not going to reliably go through at ranges longer than a few hundred meters. If you want to be safe, put some 3A soft armor behind your plates or just go ceramic lvl 4 and dodge 50 cal

They are too poor to do it en masse, they can try though

We do headshot drills to :(

besides, what if they wear that spoopy fully armored welders mask the spetsnaz has.

Like youd hold a stocked pistol

I would call that "low quality bait" if the exact sentiment weren't repeated daily by uninformed liberals and their jew masters.

They don't. All of these fancy toys like the Groza, SVU and AK-100 series are used mainly the the internal specnaz troops, while the army still uses just the AK74 and it's M variant. The US and NATO forces in general are still better equipped than Russian main forces. Even China has surpassed them.
It is pic related in a bullpup/retarded configuration.

why do i get the feeling real military personnel wouldnt put an ounce of trust in body armor and this is really just CS:GO general?

Seems that Russia are predicting not much need past short ranges with that sniper, strange. All of these are subsonic.

All these guns are decades old show me some new tech faggots

Grunts just hike and suck at everything else. Join another combat arms MOS, Arty, Tracks or some other shit like recon which are better grunts anyway

ABS with level 3 steel and a 3A backer protects everything vital but your stick n berries with minimal uncomfortability

>Full auto is a forced movie meme for panic spraying and suppressing fire
Its pretty nice if you are in CQB and have to use your other hand to manipulate objects. Just lock the rifle under your other arm and put the selector on full retard and you're good to go. Its not like you need to aim to hit your target at that distance anyway.

Thx for the advice dumbfuck, what do you think I meant by oh fuck moments? Imagine walking into an alley and "oh fuck" theirs a couple of bad guys right fucking there. You panic, you are scared for your life, so you blast em by dumping your whole mag while running the fuck away.

My eyesight is terrible (-17R, -14L), so I doubt I'd ever be fit for combat duties. Even with the best glasses my optometrist can make me, my vision is like 18/20

if you are referring to 9x39 it's basically special forces only, regulars typically get AK's in 7,62x39 with suppressors and subsonic loads instead.

If you're referring to the head, you don't know what you're talking about. Both soldiers and civilians are trained to aim at center mass because unless you're some kind of Demigod, you won't be able to reliably hit the limbs or the head with a standard infantry rifle. In case you're referring to another part of the torso, ignore this post.

You underestimate ceramic

If theyre rich enough to put tungsten in every round, we can afford to ceramic every soldier

>old stock 5.56
>Caliber used by the entirety of the UN, which your forces make up nearly 80% of.

Yeah totally let's use something different so we have to supply everyone with it again.

Lol no our special forces use the most advanced tech, so do the Marines/Army/Navy/Airforce.

The only branch that is slow on tech upgrades is the coastguard and you don't need a bunch of Bullpups and shit to stop Cartels and drug lords along the coast.

>bounces all over the body
>incapacitates

Stick to hunting rifles Elmer Fudd.