Tell Me Again Why It's Legal For Employers to Favour Degrees

Should discrimination based on degrees be prohibited by law? Isn't it fucked up how Harvard or Yale degrees get people instantly hired without trying, and further without trying they reach high-paying positions. While a degree from anywhere else gets you, meh, no matter how hard you work?

In my opinion this should be supported by the left since this promotes a permanent inequal caste system where the ivy graduates get their kids in etc, and the right should support it because it discourages growth and capitalism. Think about it, if you know you'll never get anywhere without a good degree why work hard, and if you know you'll be a boardroom exe without trying since you're ivy why work hard?

Other urls found in this thread:

ft.com/content/90db419e-ef9f-11e6-ba01-119a44939bb6
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Eh, I don't want a doctor with a degree from Phoenix University doing any kind of work to me.

And I don't want Harvard or Yale graduates to even be allowed in the country, but we can't always have what we want.

People get degrees from colleges usually by networking, not from what they know.

Some of the most poorly educated engineers I've ever met were from big name engineering schools. Didn't even know what a ferrite bead was for.

For some jobs, you need to have intelligence. Degrees are nothing more than a slip of paper that says you've somehow got the paper. That could be by learning, mowing the prof's lawn, sucking cock, or spreading your legs.

i spent 3 years in college studying agronomy.
"studying" by drinking and going to parties all week. i droped out in my last year.
Today i work in a fucking marina fixing boats.
And i make more than 80% of my class today, the other 20% all had farms from their parents for them to work. College degrees are becoming a fucking meme.

Even more reason to ban discrimination via degree

Degenerate.

very degenerate.
i wish i could live that again.

So you wouldn't make the same mistakes right?

Universities are done for as soon as online educations fix the accreditation issue. I give it 20 years.

That said, making 'discrimination' based on degrees illegal is completely retarded.

Only retarded employers judge based on degrees. Degrees mean fucking nothing, most kids don't retain 90% of what they learned in school, and nowadays you can learn everything online without even stepping foot into a university (or an online school).

It's generally HR departments that give a fuck, because affirmative action. Just work a low tier job at a small company in your field for 3-4 years and most employers will count that as equivalent experience, then you're gucci.

I would make much more lol
i'm 28 and that sucks
>too old to party with college folks
>too young to form a family, still have 4 years on debt for my house etc

Bro. i've never been to a party before, im 25. I used to be really upset about it, but now im proud since i realize i've lived a very pure and non-degenerate judge. I love being non-degenerate

We live in an age of corporations that don't view humans on their own merits but rather on an industrial assembly line. When they see you're college educated they'll pick you no matter what. They have no time to sort out the 500 applicants to test and observe their own individual skills and how well they excel at them so it's easier to play it safe by choosing what's written down on their resume.

>Only retarded employers judge based on degrees. Degrees mean fucking nothing, most kids don't retain 90% of what they learned in school, and nowadays you can learn everything online without even stepping foot into a university (or an online school).
Last time i checked, there are no rich kids online who you can party with and stay up until 5 in the mourning getting drunk, then going into class drunk and chilling with your friends only to after play on the school football team and then have another big party.

>It's generally HR departments that give a fuck, because affirmative action. Just work a low tier job at a small company in your field for 3-4 years and most employers will count that as equivalent experience, then you're gucci.
That's abolsute bullshit, every single boardroom executive has a degree, every single one. Find me one that doesn't.

Except no corporation would ever pick someone who went to college for any position other than retail.

Theres a huge bubble on college degrees and i wil laugh when it pops

>That's abolsute bullshit, every single boardroom executive has a degree, every single one. Find me one that doesn't.

Stupid people love symbols, and if you don't bear the mark, you're considered lesser.

over 1 trillion dollars now

Only stupid losers don't care about symbols consider they determine your popularity in society.

150K, Harvard...I wish

>stupid losers

If you want to get right down to it, your genetic fitness is all that ultimately matters in life. If your genome succeeds despite social failures then you're only a "stupid loser" to certain people, and the cosmos still favors you.

You need to have popularity in society to attract a mate though.

To some extent. There are many paths to success in that regard.

“From a general perspective, we have to remember that the US student loan market is experiencing a significant crisis,” cautions Mr Branch. “People have gotten demolished. We’re not talking a few million, we’re talking billions of defaults. Categorically, it’s been an absolute disaster.”

ft.com/content/90db419e-ef9f-11e6-ba01-119a44939bb6

that article is behind a paywall

plot twist, the employers are all boomertards that hire SJW HR workers that are tasked with hiring illegals and ignoring the rest. They trust juan over you and generalize anyone under 35 as a useless babby, but stacy, the bosses daughter is ok and hired in the HR department to practice what she learned in ((college)). Job postings on websites are fake and gay, and headhunting agencies are run by chads that will dump you in a shit job to fill their quota and have money to booze it up with the bros and watch niggerball in sports bars.

OP is right: I should have the right to tell employers who they can and can't hire.

This.