KILL IT WITH FIRE. NISIO IS A FUCKING HACK

KILL IT WITH FIRE. NISIO IS A FUCKING HACK.

animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-06-03/3rd-monogatari-off-season-novel-nademonogatari-slated-for-july-29/.102831

You upset that Nisio actually writes instead of fucking playing idol games until it'stime to buy a new mercedes?

It's hard to stop cancer.

Monogatari is finished though.

Nope, it'll never end. It's Niso's Tu-Love-Ru and Dragonball. The Haruhi dude could of ended up like that,too if he wanted to but he pocketed the money and retained rights to the franchise so he could live off royalty checks from other studios and Panchinko machines

new season of monogatari. How do I feel about this?

It's not exacly.

I miss Shaft pre-2009.

Monogatari was okay at first but now it's getting ridiculous.

holy shit i need money, lets do another light novel

I still want Nisio to give some closure to surten things in Monogatari, I was exacly dissapointed if he'd ended it like this.

Man I think you gotta know, it's certain not surten. Great job sounding it out though.

So how many times has this series supposedly ended now?

what happened to sengoku after losing her medusa form?

will she ever get relevant again?

>SHAFT will be making Monogatari anime for the next decade at least

Will Shinbo die before the end of Monogatari?

>The Haruhi dude could of ended up like that

He made the right choice.

The style manual will still exists after he dies. I see no problems.

He announced this half a year ago
It's part of a set of spin-off stories, the "main story" final LN came out almost two years ago

It's not as big a cash cow for them as it was 5 years ago so I doubt it.

I see no problems with this. Its not like he's prolonging an existing main plotline. He's just making new ones. I'd rather him do that. Else we get garbage like those shounens that last a ridiculous amount of time following the same damn plot with the only thing keeping it up is tacked on power-ups/issues.

Shinbou has more than enough clones to do his work for him at this stage.

It is turning into sunrise.

NADEMONOGATARI

ARE WE GETTING MORE SNAKE

IS IT HAPPENING

Which ends first, Gatari or Fate?

Gatari, considering it's already ended.

One piece.

Same, I guess I should just be glad that Zetsubou Sensei got more than one cours, but goddamn was it good. They were like Trigger if Trigger wasn't shit.

It won't

This motherfucking won't stop milking this shitstorm until he's dead. Someone take one for the team.

"Shinbo" is actually a vampire girl.

>Same, I guess I should just be glad that Zetsubou Sensei got more than one cours, but goddamn was it good. They were like Trigger if Trigger wasn't shit.
SHAFT kept making more SZS way beyond its profitable point. So since Monogatari actually sells, they have zero reasn to stop, ever.

I don't follow the novels but wasn't the main story supposed to be over already? Is this just a side story?

>This motherfucking won't stop milking this shitstorm until he's dead. Someone take one for the team.
He had to eat, you know. The man had to earn a living.

SZS as well as Hidamari have a very loyal fanbase. They usually end up selling 7k-10k which is good enough to make more seasons.

Trigger has never made anything good aside from little witch which the west entirely funded.

>I don't follow the novels but wasn't the main story supposed to be over already? Is this just a side story?
What's so strange about it? Nearly every major novel franchise has spin off books. Even Harry Potter.

AT WHAT COST

One day people will start becoming bored of his stuff like they became bored of index.

>they have zero reasn to stop, ever.
But then y no haruhi?

Doesn't have much to do with Shaft to be honest. They're not going to be adapting the Off Season stories, Monogatari isn't a big bucks maker for them period anymore and these are all filler-tier stories essentially. They'll adapt the final volume of Owari, maybe Zoku which rounds off the main story and then move onto the next thing for you guys to criticize the lack of animation over.

He's only doing these spin-off stories at all because there's a demand there, the story is pretty much already finished.

Monogatari is cancer.

I'm glad Nisio has massive insecurities about not being a "real" writer because he really fucking isn't.

madoka is their best show by far, though.

It got boring after 1 season.

Only good part was the first season. It went downhill after that.

>citing HP as a) a good novel and b) an good example of running a career/franchise
Fucking hell Sup Forums. The only thing it did right was completely cede to the film studio. JK is a literal hack and can't strike out with new ideas, to the point where she's spinning of HP now because people wouldn't care otherwise.

Does this one have teen Shinobu in it or something

I agree. I was asking because if it's just a side story I don't understand why people are getting so mad about it.

Everything after bakemono was a mistake

Bake was the second worst season, only Nise was (considerably) worse.

>JK is a literal hack
Fucking this, Harry Potter is as bad as or worse than your average light novel, and your average light novel is absolute pandering trash.

Monogatari still sells well, why would SHAFT stop?

>More snake
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GODDESS

This is literally old news. We knew he was writing another novel, we just didn't know when it would be released.

>>citing HP as a) a good novel and b) an good example of running a career/franchise
I said no such thing. It is a major novel franchise that got a spinoff, whether it is good or bad is irrelevant. And I see no point telling an author to quite working and retire just because you want him/her to.

Their old shows are the same except with actual bad animation (not highly allocated and dispersed animation)

Light novels are literally young adult novels. Shit like Twilight, Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Divergent, etc are the west equivalent to Bakemono, Haruhi, SAO.

>This is literally old news.

Just like everything else on ANN

>Monogatari still sells well
It did 4-5 years ago, it doesn't anymore. It'd make more sense for them to adapt a different Nisei LN like Zaregoto or something at this point.

Bake is good and does a splendid job setting the tone, but it follows a really obvious formula and is just a setup for things to come. The payoff to most arcs only comes on SS.

Someone kill this fucking thing!

JK ended Harry Potter though

She's making a movie about Fantastic Beasts, but that's like one hundred years before Harry Potter

Nisio is going to be doing his """"ironic""""" highschool harem until the end of time

By doing nothing and never finishing the story? Say what you will about Nisio but at least he respects his fans and deliver a product. Others just can't even bother to keep shipping their fucking product in the first place. Fuck you GRRM.

No it still sells good, it just doesn't put up record breaking numbers.

27K sales is still great sales though, and they've been scaling down budget since nise.

Are you insane? Sure it doesn't sell 80K like it used to but is still a great seller, other studios would kill to have a franchise as bankable as this, what are you talking about?

...? 4 years ago there was only nisemonogatari, and bakemonogatari which was / is several years old.

>Nisio is going to be doing his """"ironic""""" highschool harem until the end of time
One can only hope
Imagine it user, a world with hundreds of episodes of -gatari, a series too large and dense for newcomers to enter easily. Give it time, give it ten years, and in that time -gatari will be as much a right of passage as LoGH is now.

>literally young adult novels
They differ in pretty significant ways, mainly in the fact that light novels are almost always illustrated. What really makes them light novels is their publication format, lots of them are published in a larger collection, similar to how manga is published.

>-gatari will be as much a right of passage as LoGH is now.
It already is.

>highschool harem
For what it's worth, it's barely even a harem anymore at the point the story is at
hell you guys would probably like it more if it was to be honest

So a story ends, and a/ considers the characters can be thrown away? That an author can decide they were only good enough to show a few days in their life?

What do you think a character IS, for an author? Who wouldn't want to see a character he created, live to experience more things, grow and age and evolve?
No the author didn't create these characters for you. But for himself. Then if it can be exploitable, it's great, but you're NOT to decide what he's supposed to do with them.

>25k
>not good sales

Faggot. I wish my favorite series could sell like that.

*rite

>popular novelist writes another novel in his popular
>people are upset
>they probably don't even read them
Absolutely autistic.

That only really applies to the anime. The content of the novels is more or less the same quality throughout.

>>>/highschoolenglishclass/

There's no payoff for such garbage writing.

I am the bone of my light novel
Paper is my body and ink is my blood
I have created over a thousand gataris
Unknown to SHAFT, Nor known to Good Taste
Have withstood pain to create many waifus
Yet, these hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, unlimited monogatari works.

Probably cause the author realized the series he wrote was shit and just doesn't want to bother anymore cause I don't blame him.

>they probably don't even read them
I would if translators could somehow translate before the novel is adapted into an anime and that anime gets translated.

That said I did read Kizu years before the movie came out so I wasn't all that hype

Magnificent

The illustrations don't matter. The biggest difference is probably length, the longest light novels are maybe 200 pages while YA novels have a tendency to be very long (though some aren't).

What happened in the end of the novels anyway?

Oh give me a break, it's totally a fucking harem.

It's no coincidence that Ararafaggot only ends up helping out cute chicks with the prospensity to wear pajamas, thigh highs, and other fetishes.

Yeah I'm drunk as fuck, this is what I meant to write.

>at the point the story is at

He grows up and gets a Volks Beetle.

SAO Volume 9 is over 400 pages, and that's far from the longest LN.

Isn't the Kizu translation like 300 pages long?

Out of curiosity, how much of Sup Forums drunk posts? I almost always browse drunk, am I an alcoholic or do you guys do this too?

I wonder if the new novel will have themes of fakeness and authenticity and make some deep commentary on how cruelness is the result of a broader sociological concept

cool news, i guess. not like anyone should be surprised by this. i hope shaft does end up animating these side stories; the one about hanekawa in europe temporarily becoming a vampire sounds interesting

YA novels can be even longer than that, upward of 800 or 1000 pages sometimes, at least back when I read them.

Kaiki spinoff when?

Learn to fucking read nigger.

are you just pretending

LNs are between 200 and 300 pages long usually. Some even reaching 400 or more. 200 is definitely not the longest you can find.

Only on weekends. To dull the pain of being alone.

>have themes of fakeness and authenticity
To be fair many anime have this as a central theme.

Eva, Utena, Yahari, -monogatari, and probably more that don't immediatly jump to mind

Araragi moves out of town to go to college, only girls he's "with" is Crab and Bat
Cat is globe-trotting like she said she would
Snail is the new Shrine Goddess of the town
Doll's still at the Araragi household protecting Bird
Monkey was depressed for a while but gets over it
Same with Snake I guess