Are fansubs still relevant ?

Are fansubs still relevant ?
I feel like fansubbing dying and the only reason I would go to a fansub is for the BDs/DVDs of shows I liked , ovas and movies.

Ever since Horriblesubs was created , fansubs were rendered useless when it comes to stuff that's currently airing.
CR translation is getting better compared to how it was years ago and it's also lightyears faster than fansubs.

Another reason why I think fansubbing is dying is that a lot of fansubs just do CR/Funi edits and most of the work is done by one man. Poor guy.

epic thread right here

There's still a few niche shows every season that CR/Funi/etc won't pick up. I'm depending on fansubs for four airing series currently airing.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I don't give a fuck
Nice tits.

i still enjoy them for being fancy/colorful during OPs/EDs and being slightly better than horriblesubs. i only use them for shows that i don't mind waiting a week for though

Tits thread?

>>>/global/rules/11

>CR translation is getting better
The only change in CR's translations is that they pay fansubbers now instead of just stealing from them.

>Are fansubs still relevant?
Yes.

>I feel like fansubbing is dying
No, it's not.

>Ever since Horriblesubs was created, fansubs were rendered useless when it comes to stuff that's currently airing.
Hardly. When someone can rip hardsubbed stuff, you can take that script and with a broadcast raw, you can fix it.

>CR translation is getting better
No, it's not.

>Another reason why I think fansubbing is dying is that a lot of fansubs just do CR/Funi edits
Hardly. Not everything airing gets a CT pickup.
And there's still some stuff that nobody seems interested in translating.

>Are fansubs still relevant ?
Is [gg] still subbing?

koda still our Queen of Subs and Snark.
jaka still a faggot.

I approve of tits subs.

>unreasonable speed
>not ludicrous speed

This is just poor editing. And it's your own fault for watching this shit show.

fan subs have been dead for years now. it took like half a year for the queen's blade ova to get subbed and the strike witches ovas will probably never get non-machine tl stubs. less popular shows are even more out of luck.

I think if you're really into anime to the extent that you care about the quality of subs then learning Japanese is probably way less of a hassle than you think

One of the big problems of fansubs is that translation is impossible if you don't have a firm grasp of authorial intent, but the people who do fansubs are the kind of braindead autists who enjoy shit anime

The point is the confusion of they're and their, and the lack of a subordinating conjunction after 'continuing.'

I got a free trial for CR and only used it to marathon the last cour of Durarara!! X2 and I stopped using it afterwards, I just went back to streaming my BD rips from my computer to my PS3. It may be neat for people who don't know how to torrent shit but it's useless for people who actually do.

sauce?

>that one show that won't get simulcast
>everybody crying in panic because no subs
>suddenly a fansub announces getting it fast subbed
>anime is saved

Every. Season.

They're subbing Macross and Kuromukuro this season.

You're right OP. Where are my Crunchyroll subs for PriPara?

Exactly.

>10 years after fansubs started dying out
>he still haven't started learning japanese
jesus fuck, EOPs are annoying as fuck