D.U.I

Older brother went out drinking with friends several years ago. He planned to have a friend pick him up. Friend fell through on that plan. Decides to sleep in the back of his car. Keys are in his pocket. Police knock on window at 4 am. Arrest and charge him with driving under the influence. Judge convicts him. He killed himself a few months later. Fuck police.

Yeah ok
They only arrest you if you're in the driver's seat

He probably would have been better off driving home tipsy than deciding to do the right thing by sleeping in his car. Rest in peace Derek.

not true newfag

Rest in peace to your brother OP sorry to hear about your misfortune.

bullshit larp. what state. Attorney typing bared in multiple states and no way your brother would be convicted on those facts.

How did he off himself? Did you get to find the body?`

Not true. In some states they can give you a DUI if you have car keys in your pocket while standing outside a vehicle.

Ontario, Canada

One less fucking leaf. Good riddance.

Yeah...new laws in Commiefornia finally allow you to sleep in your car if drunk. Cops busted many of my friends for DUI because they were "in control of the vehicle".

Fuck cops

>Judge convicts him

shit lawyer.
should've hired a jew.

How is this related to politics? Sorry for your loss, but this is Sup Forums tier shit.

>derek
not trying to be edgy or something here but thats a pretty faggy name imho.

Why is your brother such a pussy? Sucks he killed himself but it's not the end of the world if you get a dui.
Did he think his family wouldn't support him in his tough times, are you that shitty of a brother/family?

Just asking

Copfag here. This sounds like bullshit. While you could really stretch it and articulate he was DUI due to being in physical control of the vehicle, it would get plead down to public intox or just thrown out.

Hey, Law and Order, you didn't notice the fucking leaf. Disbar yourself.

not a state faggot. report me to your hate crime police. in the US his keys would need to be in the ignition. if this was a Canadian crime then I understand xi

If he killed himself for such a small thing is not the police's problem, its tour shitty suicidal brother's fault.

He killed himself because of a DUI? I call bullshit, he probably would've killed himself anyway.

DUIs aren't that bad, I got one. Worst part is how much fucking money you have to pay and not being able to drive for a while.

name the state fag

in bc I was living in my suv and I would always get slammed at bars and just sleep in my car in the parking lot.

found out about this kike bullshit when a bar told me no and explained that people can get duis for no reason

traffic police are parasitic vermin

Why are you all taking obvious bait so seriously?

No it fucking isn't. It's a fucking great name.
He sounds like a starfighter pilot or some such.

Should have been in Based St Catharines where the cops drive drunk

Thats why you always put the keys in the trunk before you do something like that. It is absurd, but it proves that you were coherent enough to know that you were not driving. I have been woke up in cars lots of times...Always in drivers seats. They look sad when you tell them the keys are in the trunk. 100% of the time they called me a cab.

It's not bait retard. It's something that happened to my brother. Hopefully police still don't do it.

SOunds like you had life figured out.

>They only arrest you if you're in the driver's seat
not true

if you wanna sleep it off in yer car put the keys in the glove box or something THE KEYS CANNOT BE IN YOUR POSSESSION
that's the federal precedent and that's how far they can take it. If they find you drunk in your car with the keys in your possession = DUI

im curious if they test the key to make sure it can operate the vehicle

Understand that dui's are all about sucking 10 grand out of your pocket and funneling it into the system. It has very little to do with actual safety. My state has hundreds and hundreds of 5 and 6 time dui convicts and they're all still behind the wheel.

so post corpse pics

Been there.
Was mildly inconvenient. Like they say, "give me convenience or give me death"

more or less this

Know the law, ignorance is no excuse.

not true
Specifically, in Ohio, if your in the car and the keys are within reach, its a DUI. Technically, the legal limit in Ohio in .08 but the law is written in such a manner that it really comes down to the officers discretion. They can write you a DUI for blowing .05 if they feel it is warranted.

Furthermore, and even better, police in Ohio can write you a ticket for speeding based off of an estimate of your speed. No actual proof of speeding necessary. They can simply say, "looked like he was doing about 60" and write you the citation for it. Ohio Supreme Court upheld the law in 2015 or 2016.

Your brother is a faggot. He should have killed democrats instead of himself. What a waste.

the only derek i ever knew was a flute playing faggot who cried if he struck out in baseball

California
T. Californian with a dui

To all the fags calling BS on OP:

I've been in bullshit DUI classes for going on a year now

You wouldn't believe how many people get a (((DUI))) in OP's circumstance. Even with a good lawyer, a DUI case is difficult to fight. The laws around it are so fucked up that its really up to the discretion of the cop whether you get away with it.

I know someone who got a DUI parked outside of a REHAB they were checking themselves into because the keys were in their pocket.

Thank (((mothers against drunk driving)))

Also, .08 is really just a meme. You can spend the night in the drunk tank at .01 if the cop is a dick. Probably no charge, but still. Fuck that noise.

everyone knows you put the keys in the trunk or you just throw them in the woods. never have your keys on you if you drunk sleep

>You can spend the night in the drunk tank at .01 if the cop is a dick
this is 100% fact. the law allows cop's judgement to determine if a person is intoxicated, the 0.08% is an absolute-max value.

It has more to do with obvious impairment rather than your BAC.
You can be fucked up at .02 or fine at .08

Keys should be out of sight but not on you. Like in the glove box or under a floor mat

That's because Dereks are naturally sensitive. This makes their sacrifice all the more noble. They abandon their cherished sensibility in favor of a hard and resigned edginess, knowing that the former gives them no advantages in an intergalactic space battle.

Hello fellow wisbro

This.

DUIs are a politicized money racket and most states have Operating Under The Influence laws or "actual control" which means you cannot be in a car with the keys present without risk of being arrested.

DUI classes literally advise people to leave the keys outside the car of they're going to sleep it off.

DUI laws are just as fucked up as the Drug War.

you talk like a fag, derek

Sleeping in your car is almost guaranteed to get a knock from the police.

I found that out when I was a teenager. Buddy and I went on a road trip. Being cheap and a couple dumb teens we're like, "Screw a motel. Let's just sleep in an empty parking lot at night. No one will mind."

Sure enough, a couple hours later we get a flashlight shining in through the windows. "What are you guys doing in there? Sleeping? Yeah, I saw you sleeping."

One time when I was drunk I did sleep in my car in a parking garage. I'm pretty sure that's legal... I dunno. It was horrible. Without a blanket you get really hot or really cold in the car. Shittiest sleep ever, man. Plus I'm pretty sure I was still drunk when I woke up. Sleeping eight hours doesn't sober you up completely if you've had a lot to drink.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK

One of my friends actually got a dui conviction for riding a bicycle drunk. No motor. Bicycle.

>Sleeping eight hours doesn't sober you up completely if you've had a lot to drink.
yeahh thats b

no

Huh? What's "b"?

>vote for commies
>get commie style "justice"

you got exactly what you were asking for, no shits given here

it's bullshit. im drunk rn and i guarantee you ill be sober in less than 7 hours. dumb ass. you probably just don't sleep right. dumb ass sleeper. fuck you dude. bitch ass fucking bitch

I'm drunk and I probably won't be legal to operate a vehicle until midafternoon tomorrow, desu.

Ya, no my uncle got arrested for DUI walking down the fucking side of the road. Not shitting you.

>drinks liquor

fucking loser ass bitch

if you can still walk it aint drunk

AND NOTHING OF VALUE WAS LOST

> Shoots self
> Police blamed

Where have I heard this recipe before? Oh yeah, every fucking Facebook post.

>people confirm this is true
there's a temptation to drive back home while drunk and probably 80% of people do just that

you should think booze circumstances through in advance

I've had 20 rolling rocks tonight. I'd say I'm pretty wasted.

>if this was a Canadian crime then I understand
You might actually be the most retarded person on all of the interwebs. your probably from the south you fucking hick

This is an example of the state of our system.

The law is there to fuck you, especially if you're a white male. They're DESPERATELY looking for white "offenders" not only to fleece in the legal system, but to make the crime stats look more favorable.

>This copfag knows what's up
Sounds like it happened in Canada though, not sure what bullshit dui laws they got up there.
t.calicop

>Rolling Rock

Don't you get really bad shits from that?

Incredibly bad shits. It's pretty awful.

That's false.

>checked
I'm sure Ohio State Trooper have to go through training which would certify them for visual estimation..

Do you have any fun sovereign citizen stories?

Pussy killed himself lol

Damn, bro. Have you really had twenty 12-ounce beers tonight or were you exaggerating?

My record is like 15 or 16 beers in a night... and I felt like total shit the next day. Went to bed on an empty stomach, that's why.

I've found that if I drink a lot but I had some sort of food at the end, like a big greasy burger (bar food) it helps keep the hangover to a minimum.

sounds like he was a weak willed little bitch who did the gene pool a favor by removing himself. follow his lead, beaver fucker. also, not politics. fuck off.

DO NOT ENGAGE THESE RETARDS. SAGE, REPORT AND IGNORE ALL SHIT POSTERS.

I think my record is 30 cans of shit beer. I never drink on days when I'm at work, or the day before I go to work. No, I've legit had 20 cans of beer tonight. I'm going to feel like ass tomorrow, shit my brains out, and probably feel like puking for most of the morning.

>Sleeping in your car is almost guaranteed to get a knock from the police.

And this is why police need to fuck off and mind people's privacy. Knocking on the car window of a sleeping person is literally invasion of privacy.

Cops have been killed for doing this where cop knocks on window and driver pulls out gun and kills cop. Not BSing, theres been stories about that.

My roommate in college would pregame 16 beers before going out, but he was a literal functional(ish) alcoholic.

WRONG. You can be in the driver's seat passed out and avoid arrest as long as the key to your car's ignition isn't within arms reach (at least in Cali).

Regardless, cops and judges who do this are fucking dicks. So much for spirit of the law.

>t. ex-cop, but this was 10 yrs ago so things might have changed

My secret is that I never drink anywhere but at home, and if I've had a drink, I don't go anywhere until I know I'm good. I'll go out to a bar with friends and drink sprite all night.

it's a way for jew freemasons cops to rid white folk

STAY UP TO PAR, BIN THAT CAR

t. friendless virgin

>Thinking DUI laws have loosened somehow

Trust me, you're still right. I know a guy fucked over by actual control 3 years ago.

Lel, I'm married with kids. When I was in my 20s I'd go out and party but you get to a point where you realize you have too much to lose. I have a pool and a nice deck with a tv and my laptop. Why go anywhere else?

A lot of Americans posting man, but I know the laws, if you choose to sleep in your vehicle here in cuck land you must place the keys (((by law))) on the back left tire. The cops who enforced this are total shit heads and should be hung. Sorry for your loss brother.

AVGN?

Really? That seems awfully specific. A lot of your newcomer fellow citizens might take advantage of this knowledge.

No, but he doesn't live far from me.

This is similar to some state laws in the US.

Meh, this is why I drink at home.

Why would you kill yourself over a DUI? I got one about 4 years ago. It really wasn't that big of deal. The worst of it was the higher insurance rates, but really that even wasn't so bad. My rates are back to normal now. I wouldn't suggest getting a DUI but as long as you don't kill someone it's not going to ruin your life.

This is why I hated living in the suburbs. Every bar was like 2-3 miles away crossing several busy roads. Yeah it was technically walkable, but if I want to get blasted I'm not going those distances. Some of my best memories living in the city were staggering home with friends 4-5 blocks at 3 am

Any decent lawyer should be able to get you off on this. DUI literally has "DRIVING" in the description, which you're clearly not doing. If I have a boner and I'm within arms reach of a girl am I going to be charged with rape now?

>boner within arms reach of a girl = rape
I wouldn't be surprised if these crazy feminist libshits push for this. Not sure what the law would be called, though.

You better hope a police officer doesn't drive by your house, see your lights on, pull into your driveway, look into your windows and sees you drinking, knocking on your door asking if there is a car with a drivable amount of fuel in your garage, calling backup and arresting you because your car keys were within sight.

Maybe "passive-aggressive imaginary boner rape" or some shit.

Stinky vagina cuck

too soon

Or better yet, calling SWAT, a K9 and chopper just in case. Then tazing your ass nine times because a lot of cops are pussies nowadays.