Congratulations! Your favorite western television series is getting an anime adaptation. However...

Congratulations! Your favorite western television series is getting an anime adaptation. However, in order to market it to the anime viewing audience, common tropes are put in.

How would anime tropes change the show?

>All characters are now in High School.
>All main characters are cute girls, at least one is a cat girl, has huge tits, or has glasses.
>Walter Jr.'s walkers are also huge swords

>Classic Mythbusters
Hell yes.

Game of Thrones.
Make #holdthedoor great again!

Stargate anime... Uhh

Last one I remember enjoying
>Person of interest
>Two friends doing counter-terrorist things in a urban environment involving mobs, government organizations, veterans, ex-mercenaries, etc.
So something like Heavy object + Black Lagoon?

I don't watch western series.
>>Sup Forums

Which would work better in anime form?

>Seinfield
>Friends
>Scrubs
>Kennan and Kel

Scrubs

Scrubs sounds comfy as fuck. Never watched cute girl doing cute doctor thing before.

>Adam and Jamie as hyper-realistically drawn gaijin anime selves
>Instead of B-team they just have an endless army of lolis in science uniforms as assistants.
>Girls are never named but some have unique faces and hairstyles and are recurring characters

Which studio tho?

Anime Falling Skies? Yes prease.

Doctor Who.

fuck off Sup Forums

Adventure time

I think the assumption we're operating under is "live action only" but I never explicitly said that.

>This modern soap opera mines the intertwined lives of the Cohen, Cooper and Nichol families for drama, with a contemporary music soundtrack adding to the proceedings. Ryan, a teenager from the wrong side of the Chino tracks, finds himself in well-to-do Newport Beach -- an enclave of Southern California's Orange County. Taken in by a lawyer and his family, Ryan winds up in the midst of snarky, wealthy high schoolers and their sun-drenched angst.

>MacGyver does cool shit
>SASUGA MACGYVER
>let me tell you how I did it
>15 minutes of explanation

>Miami Vice
Turns out it's a thing already.

Firefly?

I thought City Hunter was the Miami Vice of anime?

Fuck uuuuh

Im pretty sure the only western televison show I've watched more then one episode of because I actually like it is GoT

And its basically like watching Akame ga kill

Ah fuck when I put it like that I suddenly hate GoT a little bit

Pretty sure that's a thing already

>Stargate
>GATE already exists

well, that was easy

At first I read your comment and though "haha, this guy! But seriously..." and then I started thinking about it, and really, I can't think of much that would change.Carter gets more obvious tits? That's really just art design. More Asian influenced Go'auld?

Shaft, of course

They couldn't possibly fuck it up more than the original did.

Originality is dead
There exists a mirror to every trope across every medium of entertainment
There will never be a new idea
Only a new version of an old idea to appeal to a generation that will see it for the first time

Name an American loli show.

Here comes honey boo boo

Spiral Zone.

It was a terrible 90's Saturday morning cartoon designed to sell toys, but the concept deserves another shot.
Terrorists spread mind control virus all over the world creating dangerous spiral zones. Soldiers have to wear mechanized armor made of plague-resistant biometals to get into the zones as they search for a lasting cure.

Toddlers and Tiaras.
>Young Girls
Check
>Creepy old dudes
Check
We're like 90% there already.

The Twilight Zone wuld be neat

>"I fucked Ted"

NETORARE

That sounds really cool.

>Bones
Well it kind of happened.

Not my favorite but Jessie would make a cute anime girl. Prime bullying material.

How did that not catch on? That sounds like it would print money had they just made toys.

Wow your a special snowflake, kys

doctor who
>the doctor is now the clumsy main lead of a har-
>the tardis is a cute gir-
>the doctor has an infallible keika-
>his childhood friend is now genderbe-
>stupid shit happens for comic reli-
doctor who is basically an anime already, just with live actors

>red dwarf

I have really hard time imagining it being good.

>The Sopranos
>LOST
>Mad Men
>Breaking Bad
>Sons of Anarchy
>It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
I can only see the last one working as an anime.

Excellent taste, my nigga

Doctor Who even has that cheap, low budget special effects like the typical toku series.

>IASIP anime
Best sol anime of the century

What would it be like?
Who would replace the gangs?

Bubs would be the most moe girl in the series, that's for sure.

Cute Irish girls doing prohibition things in high school.

>Law & Order

The crime of the week is solved by a shota detective with glasses...wait, fuck

Babylon 5

>Starfuries and the White Star now transform into robots.
>Centauri women are much more prominent in the show.
>Narn women look moe.
>Vorlons and Shadows both assume a human form before the "Get the hell out of my galaxy!" speech.

The toys were lame, and the production was a disaster. The head writer quit after the pilot, so it very quickly lost sight of the things that made it interesting. Pretty much turned into a generic G.I. Joe clone.

Star Trek: Next Gen is already Anime as fuck. Geordie hangs out with a computer and has hologram girlfriends. Worf is a tsundere and Wesley is LN gary-stu MC.

Harold is now 20 and invented The Machine when he was 12.

John is 28 and is from Seattle instead of Puyallup so they can stick cherry trees in childhood flashback sequences.

Lionel will be the same age and look even more froglike.

Root is 15 and wears a hoody with animal ears all the time.

Shaw actually has huge tits and an actual personality.

Ridiculous shit tons of John/Harold and Root/Shaw implied shipping.

In the end it turns out that Samaritan is created by Harold's friend that died in the ferry explosion, who's an albino teenager and makes a speech about humans needing to be wiped out for the good of the planet.

They already did that.

>Cloth clothing on late-80s toys.
>Too small to be detailed, too big to make cool vehicles for them.

Gee, it's like a GI Joe Sigma Six prototype.

Anyway, there's a whole bunch of "Why the hell didn't this become huge?" cartoons when you think about it. Galaxy Rangers, Exo-squad, Bots Master, Sky Commanders..

All of my favorite western series basically have an anime equivalent.

Which one's the space prostitute?

Grimm - The female Grimms are catgirls, and the MC's love interest is the self-hating tsundere kind.

The Magicians - It's more of a SoL and the students are middle school age witches. They still have sex all the time, and the big season finale is two whole episodes where the girls decide who gets to drink the demon's semen.

Justified - Setting changes to Osaka Prefecture. The local yakuza replace the southern mafia. MC is a private detective because regular Japanese police are weak. He's bro as fuck while the regular cops are scared of him, so that part doesn't change.

>Daradevil anime
mmmm..... don't sounds bad at all

>Make #holdthedoor great again!
>ドアを持って>Hodor
No

>X-files
Well i would want to see how they would handle scully.

Sup Forums has pretty bad taste in western television.

>The Wire
>Omar now has ridiculous looking oversized hands

The only western tv I really enjoy are nature documentaries.

I could see it working if the narrator was a cute girl. She could be working on a presentation for school and is practicing with her big brother (self insert MC).
>o-onii-chan! don't fall asleep! let me tell you about the penguins some more!

Yes.

I'd watch this if it had real footage. It sounds comfy.

Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future.

>Earth, 2147. The legacy of the Metal Wars, where man fought machines—and machines won.
Bio-Dreads—monstrous creations that hunt down human survivors...and digitize them.
Volcania, center of the Bio-Dread Empire; stronghold and fortress of Lord Dread (David Hemblen), feared ruler of this new order.
But from the fires of the Metal Wars arose a new breed of warrior, born and trained to bring down Lord Dread and his Bio-Dread Empire. They were "Soldiers Of The Future"--mankind's last hope.
Their leader--Captain Jonathan Power (Dunigan), master of the incredible Power Suits, which transform each soldier into a one-man attack force.
Major Matthew 'Hawk' Masterson (Peter MacNeill), fighter in the skies.
Lieutenant Michael 'Tank' Ellis (Sven-Ole Thorsen), ground assault unit.
Sergeant Robert 'Scout' Baker (Maurice Dean Wint), espionage and communications.
And Corporal Jennifer 'Pilot' Chase (Jessica Steen), tactical systems expert.
Together they form the most powerful fighting force in Earth's history. Their creed: to protect all life. Their promise: to end Lord Dread's rule. Their name: Captain Power And The Soldiers Of The Future!

So pretty much nothing would change, but you want some anyway so here:
- The badguys use the memories stolen from digitized humans to create their own identity. Lord Dread has the memories of an entire world and calls himself a god because of it.

- The Power Suits are really cyborg bodies. In fact the real team had to be digitized in order to use the bodies. They just don't know it until Lord Dread explains it to them.

- Tank cries manly tears when he gets ready to fight.

- Hawk is a girl who fights with Pilot over the rights to Captain Power's dick.

- There are neo-luddite hippie terrorsts who attack the Future Soldiers for being a part of Big Technology.

- There is a tribe of mutant catgirls defending the last Japanese cherry tree on Earth.

I can't remember the last time I watched a western television series. It's not because I have an undying love for all Japanese culture but rather I have no fucking time. Between playing video games, reading manga, and watching anime it's almost impossible to fit in western tv shows.

>hate GoT a little bit

Don't hold back, let the anger flow through you.

>LOST

>Scrubs
Fuck, I didn't realise how much I would want this.

>Everyone apart from Lister is a girl
>Rimmer a tsundere
>Cat has nekomimi
>Cryton is bullied android loli
>Holy is onee-san of the group
This has everything

It was called Magipoka and it was good.

That actually sounds like it could make a great low-budget short. Just some live action footage of animals with a cute narration and the occasional animated moe scene in between.

Kind of like how I'd adapt Hattoful Boyfriend for TV.

They already did a Supernatural anime.

>Root
Noo

>However, in order to market it to the anime viewing audience, common tropes are put in.
Dropped.

Robotech.
Idols everywhere.

>Stargate SG-1
>GATE

That was easy.

There are a few references. Supposedly:
Uma = Lister
Pachira = Rimmer
Liru = The Cat
And Aiko is definitely Kryten.

Babylon 5 was good enough.
I would expect perhaps Delenn to be a classic androgynous beauty before she turns herself more human-like, Sheridan to be younger and hot-blooded, Ivanova and Talia to have more unresolved sexual tension, Garibaldi to look fatter but him turning out to be fitter, Lennier being almost shota-like while kicking the butts of grown Earth-humans, the Shadows to look even more infernally insectoid, the vorlons' true appearance to be far more different.
Also, the space battles would have far far more ships beamspamming, there would be a ton more space fighters around, and there would be lots more explosions.
I could see G'Kar being turned into a lizard guy, though. And Lando Mollari's naughty tentacles being more often implied.

All in all, Babylon 5 would be roughly the same, but it would just have more on screen.

This could be fucking great if everyone was a girl. And hey it would have actual yuri in it.

>Everyone is a schoolgirl
>Caesar declares herself class president
>Brutus and her mean girls bully her out of it
>Caesar's kouhai must avenge her

>implying Japan knows shit about drugs

>whole cast is gender swapped
>gangsters are all middle to highs chool girls
>Plot starts off with a group of middle school girls in an abandoned classroom playing a confusing game of shougi with mahong pieces

>Your favorite western television series
I don't really have one. Does Eyewitness Science videos count?

>cute girls in suits show people around the museum in an educational anime, teaching them about whatever topic it is

fuck I couldn't stop laughing whenever that fucking edgelord was on screen

>futurama

didn't they already do this?