First anime I dropped this season

First anime I dropped this season

>loser mc
>plot with no goal
>harem
>moe
>tsundere

And this junk is rated as high as JoJo

Personally, I found the plot extraordinary.

There is a Japanese saying "The only cure to idiocy is death". The show literally applies the cure to the MC and make it possible to present the character development in a way otherwise not possible.

The premise of the show, for a good or evil, introduced a new tool/dimension to an arsenal of story telling and that's amazing. In fan-fics, respawing has been popular enough I agree the concept is not new, but Re-Zero polished it quite well and has set a standard.

I like it so far. What I expected from typical shonen stuff was mc gets excited and is happy about respawning. But he ends up having a mental break down about dying over and over, which is closer to how a person would react I think. I agree that the plot so far hasn't really been developed very much. I want more thief girl.

Seriously? If anything, it's probably a sleeper hit for alot of people, including me.

It's either this or Kuma Miko for AOTS.

didn't know about the japanese saying, thats pretty neat f am. Only people with good taste will enjoy this show

>I want more thief girl.
Same, desu. My guess is she'll be back when Reinhart shows up again.
Hopefully the next arc moves away from the mansion, or at least shakes things up by involving some new characters.

>has lots of girls
>must be a harem
oh_you.jpg

nah, only people who started watching anime since 2010's will enjoy this show cuz as someone who started in the 90's this pussification of anime is insulting to me.

>can't handle most of new shows
why are you even here then?

I guess then that years didn't do a good job to your brain for you to type like a retard.

guys look its a hipster.

Don't pull random facts out of your ass please

>Loser mc
>Harem
huh?

>as someone who started in the 90's this pussification of anime
You're supposed to complain that it's too edgy user. Didn't you read the script?

>plot with no goal

I like the show but I sure as hell can agree with you on this point. What in the flying fuck is the MC trying to accomplish, because it sure doesn't seem to be "not dying"

not everybody in the world uses this language and speak it fluently, retard

>What in the flying fuck is the MC trying to accomplish, because it sure doesn't seem to be "not dying"
For now, the overarching goal seems to be to get into Emilia's pants.

I think he's trying to work out why he smells like the witch, and how it's connected to him reviving/being taken from his world. But he keeps getting killed so he has to work out why he dies all the time instead of working out why he's there.

the only parts i found dumb were the harem parts.

>princess and heir to the throne meets a completely unknown guy
>both of them fight against some batshit insane murderer
>instantly fall in love with him afterwards
>doesn't stop to ask any questions like "how did he know that my super secret emblem, the proof of royalty, was stolen by this exact thief, and was able to track it down before I did"

And the MC tries so hard to be over the top cheerful (even in the first chapter of the residence arc) that almost any girl would be turned off by it or think he was faking it to get into her pants. But no, she falls even deeper in love with him.

Would have been way better if their relationship took longer to develop other than having her start lusting for his cock after a few days of in-universe time.

>instantly fall in love with him afterwards
She didn't though. That's all in your head.
>doesn't stop to ask any questions like "how did he know that my super secret emblem, the proof of royalty, was stolen by this exact thief, and was able to track it down before I did"
Literally one of the reasons she brought him to the mansion was to keep him from running away and potentially find out those exact things.
>And the MC tries so hard to be over the top cheerful (even in the first chapter of the residence arc) that almost any girl would be turned off by it or think he was faking it to get into her pants.
And it does put them off. It's only when his facade breaks and he falls apart that Emilia shows him some pity.
>But no, she falls even deeper in love with him.
Again, you're projecting your assumptions onto the show. At that point she'd merely decided that he was probably a good person. She potentially likes the guy at best.

I have seen nothing to indicate she loves him. They barely know each other. She knows he was faking and trying too hard, but she doesn't know why yet. Are you the type of person that think women talking to or helping you means that they're in love with you?

>She didn't though. That's all in your head.
Except that she's literally in lovey dovey waifu mode right when he wakes up in the mansion.

>Literally one of the reasons she brought him to the mansion was to keep him from running away and potentially find out those exact things.
Which basically ended in one chapter when puck confirmed that subaru had no ill intentions. The rest of the residence arc has her doing waifu stuff instead of investigaitng subaru. Infact, none of the translated manga chapters in that arc show her investigating subaru.

>And it does put them off. It's only when his facade breaks and he falls apart that Emilia shows him some pity.
It only started to put them off starting from the loop where subaru begged beatrice to protect him. In the first residence arc loop, nobody seemed to care.

>She potentially likes the guy at best.
It's obvious from their interactions, the way that Emilia smiles at him, the way she acts around him, that they are not just mere "friends". Just ask any girl. If she didn't have any romantic interest in him, she would act completley normal around him and not go into full dere mode everytime.

Just look at how Emilia smiles when she is bringing subaru out of the mansion for the first time.

>They barely know each other.

That's not how two acquaintances interact. You know how when you were in highschool/college and all you did was say hi to some guy you knew was in your class, but didnt actually hanged out with or anything? Thats how two people who barely know each other interact with each other.

WARNING TEXT BLOCK: Tl;dr Don't care about the characters and don't know why I should.

My problems with the show are nothing to do with yours but they are apparent every time I watch the show.
I'm not going to list them all but my number 1 gripe is that I simply don't care, all the characters are boring and lifeless and we are supposed to see it through the MC's eyes of having to redo falling in love with his (essentially) new family in this new world he has been thrust into that don't care about him. But he knows them for literally 4 FUCKING DAYS, before he dies and has to redo, him fucking crying about it as she kills him and he's now known them for 8 days I'm just not invested and I'm wondering why the fucking Paladin dragonslayer and laughing coffin bitch havent come back, and where are stuck with literal Dumber and dumber. They are playing this shit out like its an episode 20 death and he goes all the way back to the first day at the mansion and she hates him and is trying to kill him. The only person I understand his feelings for are Emilia and that's only because it was a love at first sight situation and her Satella shit was actually interesting.
Also Puck a best.

>Except that she's literally in lovey dovey waifu mode right when he wakes up in the mansion.
No she isn't. Rem and Ram are there and they're suspicious of him.

>Which basically ended in one chapter when puck confirmed that subaru had no ill intentions. The rest of the residence arc has her doing waifu stuff instead of investigaitng subaru.
He has good intentions and clearly has no idea about anything going on. What honestly is there to learn from him?

>In the first residence arc loop, nobody seemed to care.
In the first loop, Subaru was feeling genuinely at ease after having finally saved Emilia's life. Even then, everyone was covertly suspicious of him, something he doesn't realise until the most recent loops.

>If she didn't have any romantic interest in him, she would act completley normal around him and not go into full dere mode everytime.
She has already been established as a character with a saviour complex, who always tries to look after and care for people in need. It's really bizarre that you've become so disconnected from reality that you think that genuinely smiling at someone is a green light in the way you're implying; even worse that you use 'just ask any girl' as a reference, when in reality there are all sorts of ways both successful and unsuccessful that different girls signal romantic desire. In Emilia's case, and based on her character as it was developed in the first arc, chances are more likely that at present she sees Subaru as a lost puppy, not a man.

>But he knows them for literally 4 FUCKING DAYS, before he dies and has to redo, him fucking crying about it as she kills him and he's now known them for 8 days
Correct me if my math or recollection is off here.
There's 4 days in episode 4, then a loop every subsequent episode up till 9. So that's 20 days he's been living in the mansion and most of that spent working with Rem and Ram by the end of episode 8. Two thirds of a month. Seems like enough time to begin to care about them, especially given his character flaws.

>Also Puck a best.
Good taste user.

ebin thread

You don't have to shitpost we have multiple threads up already.
Ram is best girl

Interesting but the characters are shit.