Neon Genesis Evangelion?

Did Shinji and Asuka love eachother?

I would argue that no, because any relationship they would hold would ultimately be destructive to both parties. Both of them need to find security; neither of them can offer it.

They didn't love each other but they both felt like they had to. They needed each other.

Asuka wanted to fuck Shinji like a rabbit over and over and let her primal instincts take hold until he shot his semen into her womb.

No

Shinji Ikari is a homosexual.

It's a running theme that people who care for each other in Evangelion end up hurting themselves, so yes.

i dont care

Covering the original series, EoE and Rebuilds, there are three, not two, different timelines occuring simultaneously on Evangelion.
Discuss.

Covering this and all the parallel universes, you are a fan.
Discuss.

Their care is only superficial, though. Ultimately, they're just trying to latch on to the people close to them so that they can feel validated and that their existence has meaning.

Best typo I ever did. Lucky user!

Shinji is interested in anyone willing to show him affection, and Asuka can only show affection through abusive behavior. Just as Misato primarily shows affection through sexuality etc. So the answer would be up to your definition of love.

I agree. I'm a fan in all alternative timelines possible.

nice b8

This

Just like real life then.

kinda, well no much as love each other but need one another because they fill the gaps in personality each lack is the most common example of a destructive relationship, then again they are both 15 and stupid, one refuses to grow up while the other was forced to grown too fast.

both need validation that their existence is important, how they show it is what differs, one is passive and the other is aggressive.

not to mention that the rebuild series is probably a reconstruction after the original evangelion so you could say they do end up together althou not in the convencional way one would expect

Asuka loves moot user. what kind of delusion are you talking about now?

No

If you want to argue from the premise that it's utterly impossible to forge a meaningful bond between individuals, then sure.

Shinji is a fag so no

Yes they did. And that's why they completely destroyed each other because they keps tilting around that thin line between love and hate constantly.

kept* tilting

While you are right that they would destroy each other, a lot of people still love one another and do indeed destroy each other even if it wouldn't be beneficial to them.

Love and lust, man.

No.

They were two very broken people who found a common bond, and comforted each other, but it wasn't love.

They don't empathize with each other, though. They see aspects of themselves in each other, and expect the opposite party to understand and support them emotionally, but neither is equipped to do so. They are both too insecure and defensive to establish a meaningful bond.

Did Sephirotic ever release the V2.1 patch for his release?

No definitely not.
Asuka was desperate for validation when Kaji 'rejected' her and Shinji only really came to love Kaworu by the end of the show.