Star Trek Discotrash

>Inside 'Star Trek Discovery': The Franchise's Answer to the Trump Era

>Handed the reigns, they started to envision a slightly darker version of the usual Trek stories. There's a simple reason for that: Donald Trump.

>the show's antagonists are an ultra-religious and violent Klingon faction whose rallying cry – "Remain Klingon" – is intentionally reminiscent of "Make America Great Again."

>If later versions of Star Trek take place in a perfect future, Discovery is about the fight to build it.

>"I think [viewers] instantly just think prestige drama – it's dystopian, dark, antihero, grim, no hope at all," Harberts says. "It couldn't be further from the truth. This show is hopeful. The characters are always putting their best foot forward. To me, I just think we've had enough of the dystopian, dark science fiction."

archive.is/EUpbs

rollingstone.com/tv/features/inside-star-trek-discovery-the-franchises-answer-to-the-trump-era-w504563

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/7491M#selection-3223.0-3223.112
youtube.com/watch?v=w7AvdDMDIn8
youtube.com/watch?v=ayu_otEGWlE
youtube.com/watch?v=ylstybS6rqw
dailynews.com/2008/08/29/la-judge-just-did-job-changed-obamas-fate/
youtube.com/watch?v=W4JXvP-yHbw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck this garbage. Trek hasn't been good since DS9

'Star Trek: Discovery' intentionally made its Klingon rallying cry similar to Trump's 'Make America Great Again'

archive.is/7491M#selection-3223.0-3223.112

It'll fail like the last TV series. Hell that one only lasted as long as it did because of sweet Vulcan tiddies. SJWs In Space sounds terrible.

Will it fail like so much of everything else that's SJW-driven? I know I couldn't identify with that crew. Which makes me that bit sympathetic to blacks' complaint about not being represented on film / TV.

>lead asian uses asian accent because asian pride
>lead white dude fakes southern redneck accent because...?

When do you think these faggots who produce this dreck will finally understand this shit doesn't sell?

They're going to virtue signal themselves into the poor house.

>when your main actors are so ugly you don't need to use make up to make you look alien.

*make them look alien

dammit

Who are they advertising to with this rhetoric?

It's not star treks fans, which is odd. It's not a casual audience 'cos half of those voted for the guy. So, who, then?

Do they have skewed stats that declare antifa to be 70% majority or something? Who fed them this line? Surely they know by now that Lefties rarely purchase entertainment? Look at how quickly comics folded with "progressive" left wing bullshit in them?

Do they get money from NGOs if they talk like this? It must be that.

It makes me sad. DS9 gave viewers a variety of points of view through a dynamic ensemble cast and posited a complicated universe with no unambiguously good guys or right answers. Best thing to happen to the franchise, and we'll never get it back.

> they started to envision a slightly darker version of the usual Trek stories. There's a simple reason for that: Donald Trump.

Bajorans BTFO. I guess Dukat was right and the occupation wasn't really that bad.

im only waiting for gay sex scene in slow motion i guarantee u its a must now a days

this is not 9gag u are fine

it will only air on a cbs streaming service that costs money and still has ads unless you pay more money.
so they are marketing to kids with too much money and no sense of what the world is like; college kids probably.

>b-but muh bloodpies
LOL klingons btfo

The only reason this star trek series is going to be darker, is because of the producers diversity quota.

Otherwise it's going to be softballed, shoehorned, pandering, and appealing to "muh feels".

Redditfags who will lose interest after 3 episodes.

Have they learned nothing from Mass Effect and Assassins Creed? Appeazing SJW's does not work

There are a lot of reasons it'll fail. Mainly because they have no audience and they're streaming it on a service nobody owns.

this is not a carlos post

post your starfu

Dukat is always right. Especially when his female Bajoran follower gave birth to a half-Cardie baby, and he told the husband that it was a miracle.

the show started production in 2015, and was in "production hell" through the election.
STD is from the hillary timeline and the orville is from the trump timeline.

Haven't Klingon societies always been very, if not outright, Klingons only? The only place that is all fucked up and a weird fusion of shit has always been star fleet. Also starfleet owns a giant slave mine so what kind of moral high ground can they ever fucking stand on. It's why Picard was a faggot compared to Kirk.

They also tried the same 'dark' modernisation with Stargate Universe and it only lasted 2 seasons even without the SJW crap mixed in.

So much for rebooting tv startrek.

FFS not everything has to be an overt topical political statement.

Fuck this I'm going to watch the Orville.

DELET THIS
REMEMBER THE SEXTILLION YOU SPOONHEAD FAACIST REEEEEE

Orville is great. Really enjoying it thus far. The 3rd episode was hilarious

>it's dystopian, dark, antihero, grim, no hope at all,
So, not Star Trek then.
Even in the darkest moments of DS9, there was still the principles of the Federation, and the ideals of freedom, peace and discovery.

>Dukat's sloppy secondsfu
youtube.com/watch?v=w7AvdDMDIn8

>Haberts said one of the antagonist groups on "Star Trek: Discovery" is an extremist Klingon sect, whose rallying cry, "Remain Klingon," the show made intentionally similar to Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan.

Does the writer even understand the english language? How the FUCK is "Remain Klingon" which is saying to stay as they are, the same as "Make America Great Again" which is saying that America isn't great right now, but we once were and can become great again.

Fucking liberals will see anything they want, won't they?

>Best thing to happen to the franchise, and we'll never get it back.
Don't be sad it's over... be glad it happened.

there are other things that aren't 40+ years old to check out - franchises just fuck the corpses of the dead in the name of nostalgia.

But they don't actually mean those things. Any "dark" elements are going to amount to a scary forehead-ridged Drumpfhgh strawman. The moral ambiguity of DS9 led to much darker implications and more thought-provoking plots than STD will offer. Why do social engineers have to ruin hobbies and interest groups like this?

7 of 9

This woman is why Obama became president of the US. Check it out her wiki page (Jack Ryan).
>pic related

How is this even a rallying cry? Klingons mixing with someone else were pretty rare throughout the franchise anyway, you can't really get more Klingon in that case.

>worfs utter disgust when he sees the ears

Stargate would have worked with a bit of a darker tone if they didn't fucking turn it into BSG with teens.

I used to imagine it was ideology, like, they really believed communism was ace and the like. Then gamergate showed the antagonists to be money-grubbing shills. That's all that was motivating them, money.

Yet... SJW stuff doesn't sell enough units to make money? So, really, there must be a hidden source of income attached to statements like this new Star Trek flop? Like, if they virtue signal like this, some rich Jew cuts them a cheque the next day or something?

Didn't Star Trek already have some kind of race war that was necessary to end all wars in its lore?

Wonder if the producers realise the initials spell "STD?"

And this shot is supposed to take place ten years before the original series. Thanks to "The Cage" we already know what that looks like, and this ain't it, unless it takes place in the JJ Abrams alternate timeline.

I know that rodenberry always had a "progressive" slant to the show concepts but isnt it fair to say that this SJW soapbox shit is going to completely turn everyone off? Never been a diehard fan but I always thought the show was science and politics rather than virtue signaling and outrage of the week programming. Dont even get a futuretech inspirational vibe from it, but maybe im just retarded.

The whiny jew of ds9 . I fucking hated her. Every other word from her mouth was Bejor

I will never enjoy seven of nine again, fucking cunt

i like your pic

fine geez

I was so bluepilled in college and thought star trek was an ideal world.

Thanks jews for making the young ones a more redpilled generation

Oy vey! You goyim don't want to miss out on this new hip happening space man series! Just $5.99 per month on our new all access streaming platinum package! All of your friends will be watching, goy! Besides, you aren't racist, are you? Then sign up for the new service and catch our latest, STD!

The worst part is that Enterprise actually got good in the fourth season when it ditched the Temporal Cold War bullshit and had Archer and crew running around just doing shit with original series races and such.

>How do we show the dimwitted fuckwads that watch this drivel that this show is set in a "darker universe" than previous series'?

>We could poorly light the set and make all of the props black

>Perfect!

Just watch The Orville.

>She described the second place as "a bizarre club with cages, whips and other apparatus hanging from the ceiling.

But you know (((who))) went and unsealed the documents which were sealed in the first place so as to not make Jeri's personal details available to other degenerate maniacs.

Good thing you archived because the Failing Rolling Stone is circling the toilet

>hasn't taken the B5 pill yet

>This woman is why Obama became president of the US. Check it out her wiki page (Jack Ryan).
wat
>On June 18, 2004, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Robert Schnider agreed to release the custody files
cause it looks like a kike did everything you fuck

The lead on Discovery is acting as if there has never been a black lead on Star Trek. Someone should tell Avery Brooks that A Man Called Sisco doesn't count as a black leading role for diversity points.

DS9 was the one with the (((Changelings))) and their (((Dominion))) right?

You mean Babylon 5?

Lull.

Si

>Discovery looks like garbage
>The Orville is pretty grounded despite the promo material painting it as Family Guy in space
>even the episode about the all male species felt like it wasn't pandering to any particular audience
>tfw a MacFarlane parody series is a better Star Trek than nuStar Trek

They are the same in that they are both about caring for your own nation/people, which is evil no matter what to the Left.

Her character was literally perfection. This is the only logical choice.

test

Ho up hol up
*sips Quark's transexual yogurt
so you be saying
*smacks sphincter
DS9
*wanks to pics of jake
was better than
*rubs kira's 5head
TNG and Enterprise?

Where did it all go so wrong

failed.

There was the Eugenics Wars between genetically-engineered humans and regular humans in the 90's, then WWIII between different nations in the middle of the 21st century, but neither of those were really race wars. The only other pre-Federation war that humans were involved in was the Earth-Romulan war, and that was because the Romulans were acting like dickheads.

when are these idiots going to understand that even the dumbest shitlibs don't like their fictional stories to be preachy garbage

They live in a hollywood jew bubble, where being even slightly not anti trump is the ultimate social taboo.

Imagine if /pol was in charge of producing the movies and tv. I'm sure we'd overestimate how many people want to watch a show about a time travelling hitler giving speeches in modern day Japan.

Oh this shit is going to backfire on them so hard

I can see the Klingon trump memes already

no not really if you look at my previous one before that and arent a new fag here you should be able to figure out that i wasnt trying to "get it" based off the capatch reset wait why the fuck do i care about this kys you fucking faggot how bout that

>tfw no ENT season 5 to flesh this out

Except DS9 went and fucked up everything TNG did with the Klingon mythos.
>TNG: wow the Klingons have a rich and mysterious culture based on mythology and honor and tradition and they aren't just all mindless brutal war mongers.
>DS9: lol jk they are mindless brutal warmongers.

>unironically watching communist propaganda made for teenagers
Hey faggots, want a red pill? Want to know why you are starting to hate popular culture? Its because popular culture is made for fucking teenagers. Every generation goes through this. Fucking stop.
youtube.com/watch?v=ayu_otEGWlE

>blocks your opinion

>DS9
thats cause DS9 was a ripoff of Babylon 5 and they didnt have good writers

B5 is the best

Kinglons be like, "We Wuz Smurfs!"

They got tired of the Violent race being black and having white kids dress up like blacks to look klingon.

Just fuck continuity and I don't think there is one straight white male on the show.

Yes, the eugenics wars. It happened in the early 2000s I believe. Large scale nuclear war that killed off the majority of humanity on earth. It pretty much destroyed the idea of nation states on earth because the majority of the world's capitals had been leveled so a new world was formed with Paris as the capital to prevent that from ever happening again. It's also why the Federation banned genetic modification for all members.

What the fuck was the rationale for releasing those records? And why did a of his fellow Republicans go along with it?

Fox shill here, watch The Orville

It would look like this, a true wonder.

youtube.com/watch?v=ylstybS6rqw

>Large scale nuclear war that killed off the majority of humanity on earth
nope just nonwhites

I don't give a fuck about this. Star Trek was shit and never our sci fi series anyway.

The true Sup Forums sci fi franchise was, is, and will always be Warhammer 40k.

>What the fuck was the rationale for releasing those records
jews wanted t.nig in office?
> dailynews.com/2008/08/29/la-judge-just-did-job-changed-obamas-fate/

Fuck star trek. Shit is gayer than a bag of dicks.

SAGE.

Last night's episode was... Well, it reminded me of Picard defending Worf at a Klingon trial but I'm not sure if it was pro or anti Left.

If she's responsible for Obama, then Zoe is responsible for Trump.

>If later versions of Star Trek take place in a perfect future
HAVE ANY OF THESE HACKS SEEN DEEP SPACE NINE?
ONE OF THE PLOTLINES LITERALLY DEALS WITH THE FACT THAT FEDERATION HAS BEEN KEPT IN CHECK BY A STASI LIKE ORGANIZATION
OR BASHIRS PARENTS

FIRST JAN ORS AND NOW THIS
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What? Oh, you're joking, phew. I'll have the boards for E6 ready by Monday's train tunnel meeting.
youtube.com/watch?v=W4JXvP-yHbw

lol not even going to watch

Discovery will be a huge mess. They killed the Klingons, the whole cast are SJWs, lens flares all over the place and they think 50% of the potential viewers are xenophobe bigots.
Thank God the Orville is turning out to be a good show!

All these SJW TV shows forget the lesson of the original Star Trek. That lesson is, your main characters have to be likable. If they are not, your show will not last too long. It will just be a bunch of Ho, Hum, same SJW plots you get every where else.

Consider that you don't have a single show that portrays a blue eyed, blonde family as a great thing to have and cultivate. That really tells the tale on (((who))) has the control.

I haven't watched Star Trek in many years. But I recently heard about this. One of them was doing an interview and they where getting excited over how progressive it is and they where listing basically ever possible point possible like females, minorities, homosexuals, trans, and so on and on and on. Wow this is really exaggerating too much.

Just bring back Farscape t.b.h.

wow you found one good Klingon in DS9

Is that the guy from the animated series? He's missing a couple of limbs then.

Wtf, fuck this shitty show then. FUCKING DROPPED.

Fuck cuck trek, it was always subliminal commie propaganda made by a leftist fag.