Looking back, can we finally agree KLK was a great anime, and the threads were absolute fun to be in?

Looking back, can we finally agree KLK was a great anime, and the threads were absolute fun to be in?

No, it was shit

Yeah, it was great.

No.

>can we finally agree KLK was a great anime
No
>and the threads were absolute fun to be in?
Yes

Of course. The hype is gone, so the hype backlash needs to die as well, and people can stop trying to pretend they didn't love KLK.

I liked it, didn't really care for the final, final, FINAL fight with Ragu. Was pretty anticlimactic when everything else was so hype

One of the best animes I've ever watched
Sexy, funny, and great action and plot.

Get over it, KLK was 3-4 years ago.

The threads where better than the anime.

I liked the show.
Gamagori was the best character.

Intelligent, Nihilistic and with a Wicked Sense of Humor

>can we finally agree
Sup Forums will never agree on anything you spaz.
>KLK was a great anime, and the threads were absolute fun to be in?
That's true though.

yeah, kind of anticlimactic final fight, but otherwise the slice of life end credits (and the OVA) tied things up well enough. It was a ride throughout rather than a buildup to a climax.

Have another Nui

It was pretty bad

It was okay. Nothing more.

It had a few great moments and the OST was hype but there were a lot of faults with it. The plot pacing was abhorrent and the animation was poor at times. It didn't live up to expectations of what Trigger's first TV series would be with everyone anticipating Imaishi and co.'s new venture after Gainax. It was still enjoyable.

The threads were great though. It was a while since Sup Forums was so hyped about a series and it dominated the board.

:^)

>plot pacing

"i can't think of anything else besides the animation problems, gonna make shit up to pretend i didn't love it"

I agree. It feels like TTGL for obvious reasons as has been said on Sup Forums fuck loads, weak start good middle and climax but bad ending.
The threads were fun though, even the retarded sub drama was

The general consensus is that it had an extremely good first half, which is followed by a mediocre-to-bad second half that did not live up to the hype.

Yes, what a truly necessary development for the relationship between Ryuko and Senketsu. Bravo Trigger, you are without fault in every aspect.

Not to mention the numerous battles that did nothing to move the plot forward and had no meaningful impact on the characters or setting.

It was shit, get over yourself faggot

Yeah, it was a fun ride and Ryuko is an iconic character

>Ryuko is an iconic character
She's the icon of cancerous newfags maybe

Saw the first 6 episodes the other day. Seems like it suffers from some pacing problems and focuses on flop fanservice as filler for episodes. Otherwise, eh. Not the worst anime.

Still an icon, you frothing cuntbag

That's not necessarily point in the shows favor, same could be said for Kirito, but you seem like the guy who would defend that show too.

this is a thread for people who were here when it was airing, lurk for 10 years before posting you little shit

Yeah

I don't own a TV and haven't followed anime in any meaningful way.

Gets me thinking, Who is Sup Forums's iconic character? Sup Forums has yotsuba and all, but what is this is board's representative character specifically?

Kill la Kill's problem was getting stuck for too long in episodic crap. I liked most of the actual story episodes.

>klk shitter
>telling anyone to lurk more

wew typical moeshits who slurp up any tripe produced by kyoani insult based KLK

fucking trigger how dare they make fun shows which are fun to watch and make fun of shit

Kill la Kill is the worst anime I've ever seen. Entertaining, it was not. It's just a poor excuse for western cartoony physics and piss-poor fanservice. Trigger really dropped the ball on it. After that, they scrambled for the most cliche of harem anime. It's an indication of how disappointed they were with KLK's performance.

The semi-official Sup Forums-board tan is an androgynous male dressing up as a girl and arguing with the /m/-board character, who is either a robot or a kamen rider (probably both at the same time). The Sup Forums board-tan is very fond of the /c/ board-tan, which is an innocent little girl.

Looking back, it was pretty bad and was just wasted potential with the LMAO AYYYLIENS twist. Shame too, because the first half was leading to something great. It should have tried to be original instead of taking notes from TTGL.

it had its flaws but was overall great and a fun ride.

I'm honestly not sure if you're retarded or just baiting. A lot of buzzwords though, so my bet iws on the latter.

Great show before the timeskip.

>KLK was a great anime
nowhere close
>the threads were absolute fun to be in
only redeeming factor of the show

hey now, klk is plenty moe

The series was great but that "Final Episode" OVA was bullshit.

The speculah was hilarious.

This. The final episode should have been treated either as a "lost" mid-series episode that essentially was an episode-length fight without concern for plot development, or an end-of-series episode with no fighting that focused entirely on tying the loose ends for characters that didn't get as much screen-time as they deserved during the original last episode.

Instead, they tried to do a little of both and did a lackluster job on both accounts. The fight not only was pretty uninteresting compared to what had been built up to that point, but also broke part of the resolution to to the life fiber issue by implying that Ryuko is now just as brokenly strong as when she had Senketsu. On the character side of things, very little was resolved, as very few people outside of the main cast actually had much of a role to play in the episode (and the main cast already got better resolution in the credits of the original ending).

I honestly just try and forget the OVA even exists at this point, so as to not tarnish my perspective on the rest of the show: I had already been more-or-less satisfied with the original ending.

Fuck you piss shit oh fuck you I hate you oh shit oh fuck you cunt oh shit

It was shit. Horrible animation, stupid premise and it spawned one of the worst fanbases in recent memory.

I've always supported that it was good.

Finally a reason to re-post this.
Say anything you guys want about KLK, but the speculation thread was the best

The point wasn't that Ryuko was brokenly strong without Senketsu, it was that Ryuko and Senketsu are never really seperate, even when she's not wearing him on the outside she's wearing him in her heart (literally). I prefer the ova because at least that's thematically consistent with the rest of the show.

It is one of the worst anime ever made

All anime are the worst.

Can you imagine having a best friend like Mako? can you imagine actually wanting to fuck them?

I'd say yes to both questions.

No and yes.

>kill la kill announced
>Sup Forums predicts tigger is here to save anime(as always)
>soundtrack leaked, Sup Forums approaches ttgl levels of hype
>trigger saves anime
>Sup Forums rejoices
>hype fades
>the haters finally surface

No not sexualize the Mako

It was great fun and my view will never change, The ending was complete dogshit for it though, With all the crazy shit that happened we got a tame lame ending like that.

>proyecting

>a Portuguese construction company that installs gas lines

Can we all agree that she was one irresistible tennis-playing sharkgirl?

Also, First half >>> Second half

>the haters finally surface
The threads only grew cancerous after it finished airing, as with any massively hyped series.

like clockwork, it never fails

I like Luluco better.

Just recently rewatched it. Absolutely fun as shit, even with its technical defects. The hype they managed to bring even with the embarassingly bad animation is impressive. And Ryuuko is still top waifu.

No but there is a site that loves KlK

>can we finally agree KLK was a great anime
Yes
Absolutely not.

>And Ryuuko is still top waifu.
That's a funny way of writing Satsuki.

Yes, back then I gave it a 7/10 but after some time I raised the score to 8/10.

>lots of hype
>fight scenes that consist of three repeated frames of flailing limbs
>goofy, light-hearted fun at times fighting isn't happening
>alien species becomes the only relevant power, humans take a back seat and can't do shit
>power-up sequences make hair spikier
Is KLK the DBZ of anime?

Single redeeming factor of the show

The final episode was bad and not in the levels of TTGL hype.

It couldn't be helped.

I heard a rumor that Satsuki's run and shout to catch Ryuuko was added in at the last minute because her VA spontaneously screamed out her name.

How so? I think Trigger just needed to deliver a massive battle in space to make up for the hype, instead we got a half-assed absorption sequence.

Yeah, shitty spam that nobody reads is very fun.

>xxxfags getting BTFO
>post your face when (shitty asspull moment)
>Let's get this shit started: the city of xxx
>BASED TRIGGER SAVING ANIME
>GET HYPE

>KLK thread
Yes.

>the shitty of Shitsuki

Satsuki is my waifu
Dem brows

>The Livestream during the Nonon fight
>When Harime showed up
>That episode when Satsuki tries to kill Ragyo

Absolutely fun times

I prefer Satsuki's soft side

The generals were some of the worst I can remember on Sup Forums

Literally roleplaying and smileys and namefags everywhere. It was like a Sup Forums general except less bearable and more frequent.

she look like a man

You not speak like human.

Houka a best

God this is accurate.

i'm still having trouble getting over pic related

how am i going to get over KLK ?

NANI SORE?

It was alright.

what the fuck

post ryukos

All these bunny girl pics and I still don't get why people find them attractive

don't be a baka user