Baki Dou

So, chapter 112 korean scanlation is out, and it's more Musashi masturbation.

I wonder if the conversation with Gaia brought anything new to the table.

Other urls found in this thread:

marumaru.in/b/manga/32256
bbc.com/news/magazine-20135674
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wonder if we'll have something about Ali in Baki now that he died IRL

Also chapter 94 of Dou and 94 of Grappler were released on Spiny too.

it'll probably will take months for that to happen, but I wondered the same.

And this is what I usually call an asspull.

>Memetobe doing the classic drawing Musashi pose

ITAKAGI NO, STOP!

Can't seem to find chapters 171 to 180 of grappler baki, did the wild fang released them somewhere?

no baki lovers today?

What's this about, does Musashi still intend to kill Pickle?

Exploitable.

Seconding this question.

I'd wait for the scans, where there won't be a shitty watermark on gia's face, but I like the idea.

I think he's explaining to Gaia that he has already tested and defeated Pickle.

He's gonna fight pickle again now that he has his swords

t. don't know korean

I don't think musashi wants to fight pickle anymore, he already knows he would win.

Pickle will have a gun this time

won't chane a fuckign thing, musashi will cut the bullets mid air or some other shit.

It'll be a novelty gun

if it where to be a laser gun musashi would just reflect the shots with the blade sideways.

So who's the weakest character from some other series who could beat Musashi? Could a Stand user do him in, or would the imagination bullshit counter that?

It's one of those guns that shoots a little flag that says bang

Clearly I'm just fucking around about Pickle having a gun but I think Motobe would use a novelty gun that says bang

So since this series seems to have finally dropped the whole schtick about unarmed combat being the only acceptable form of violence, are we going to see any highly trained fighters who use guns in the future? It seems like a natural progression.

Nah. Fighting on the streets and in the ring are completely different animals. It's not unusual for a champion boxer or wrestler to get beaten into shit without rules. Even by children if said children have, for example, a knife - this happened in Iran some years ago, iirc.

Or that Russian Olympic wrestler who got stabbed at a party. Or the great Russian hope in boxing getting beaten almost to death by unknown people in Berlin. And let#s not forget the BJJ "master" who got into jail for kiddie fucking and got beaten, stabbed and raped there..

And vice versa, it's the same: A good streetfighter usually makes for a shitty boxer/wrestler and is really no good in the ring.

Just different animals. People have written about that since antiquity, too. So it's nothing new.

Yeah, but they already went with that angle with the escaped prisoners and they still sucked.

But Jack IS n experienced street fighter, the difference here is that Memetobe is a "true warrior"

Why is Motobe so insistent on killing Musashi anyway? What's he ever done to him?

link

marumaru.in/b/manga/32256

Korean raws are posted here, newest at the bottom.

Musashi's goal is to kill people until he's as admired and respected as he was back in his day, why should't Memetobe want to kill him?

Why does no one tell him that he's already famous and he should just go on tv and show off a little to prove he's Musashi?

because Musashi doesn't give a fuck and in the end he is another battle junkie just like Yujiro.

Seconding this too.

They also went that way with Baki vs Gaia, it's simply a Baki thing.

Musashi is the only one able to be proficient with weapons, and now Memetobe too because Japan stronk.

Not as far as I know. We were banking on the fact that they said they would. Given that they haven't done so even now, we'll probably shift gears and do those chapters. sowwy

Motobe thinks "the fight against Musashi" in principle is his responsibility, as he's the only one who has bothered to study the ancient Japanese martial arts. He believes that those old arts are important to preserve, and now he's got an opponent on which to test them/test their historical veracity. He's also trying to reconcile the old arts with the new arts, which is why he refuses to let anyone die, and is why he's trying to teach each fighter that the old arts give him an advantage.

He doesn't understand modern fame. His recollection of being important was people following him everywhere he went, women offering themselves to him and mountains of gold; none of which have been offered to him in this current era as-of-yet.

It looked like he had that in mind in the Pickle chapter raws, but who knows now. He imaginary-slashed off Pickle's head here whereas he couldn't do it before (which is why he got the fucking swords), so maybe he'll move on to greener pastures.

>Given that they haven't done so even now, we'll probably shift gears and do those chapters

Oh ok, would be great to see the finale of the "fight" scanlated finally.

>He believes that those old arts are important to preserve

I wonder if this arc is a reaction to this piece of news from a while ago.

bbc.com/news/magazine-20135674

I love how Itagaki deforms the human body.

It's really really expressive where it counts.

>but the country does have one, or maybe two, surviving ninja
Kahaha, I actually do wonder now. That seems too on-the-mark to be wrong.

I just thought it looked stupid.

In that case, I disagree.

Itagaki is expressing her inner distress and desperation, which is on overwhelming levels at that point through art, and I think it's really a great portrayal of that.

I want Emi to bully me.

This page is well drawn, the expressions serve a motive. The one I posted was just cartoonish, it didn't fit at all.

Does Itagaki have sameface problem with females?

>The one I posted was just cartoonish, it didn't fit at all.

I think it fits and it's well executed and on point. I guess it's the thing that art has, everyone has it's own feeling and interpretation about it.

>Does Itagaki have sameface problem with females?

I think he does yeah.

Also why is Emi so shit in the anime?

Everybody was shit in the anime.

The Gouki vs Doppo fight was OVA like quality.

Yeah that's true. The dub was horrible though.

Keep baki alive

It's the only part of the anime that I ever feel drawn back to watch again. I just love that fight, and I love Shibukawa's VA. I can't think of anyone else who could have perfectly embodied that mix of old age and bloodlust.

That being said: let's say New Grappler Baki is being adapted. Who do you hire to voice Kaku, and who do you hire to voice Oliva? Hardmode: you can't pick Sergio Oliva for Oliva.

If it's dub, might as well pick Dwayne Johnson because he's in everything now.

No, for Japanese.

Who the fuck can sound like they're 150? There must be someone.

>Who the fuck can sound like they're 150?
Considering Japan has one of the longest life expectancies, I'd say just pick any old guy. They have plenty of them.

Wakamoto for Oliva?

Would you keep the old cast for the established characters?

I kinda want to save Wakamoto for Musashi. Listen in your head: can't you hear Wakamoto doing Musashi's monologues? Plus, he'd be perfect for all the times Musashi screams
>MUN
>FUN
and
>KATSU

Personally, I'm thinking more of a comical voice for Oliva. While he is a psychopathic murderer, he's also portrayed super comically - the Jeff scene, the delivering-Sikorsky bit, him being dragged around by a finger by Shibukawa. That being said, I kinda think Jouji Nakata could do him justice. I think he's got it in him to do a little jokey-ness.

Almost entirely, I think.
Doppo had the perfect amount of gruffness. Shibukawa sounded exactly like I imagined him in my head. Tokugawa sounded like Tokugawa. Chiharu was beyond perfect.

I would change Yuujiro's VA, and *maybe* Retsu's. Yuujiro didn't sound hostile enough, and Retsu just sounded kinda weird. I think the latter might just be me, though.

I'm not too much into seiyuus, but how about Rikiya Koyama for Yujiro? He can sound a lot more evil than Takamura, as shown in Ushio to Tora.

I think it reflects on the state of the industry that Baki isn't getting any sort of adaption anymore despite it's supposed popularity

Maybe if it was a light novel for "young adults" with cuter girls or a flavour of the month shonen it would have a better chance

Isn't Jojo doing well, though?

At this point who the fuck can even defeat that goddamn gary stu?

Ah yeah, I can totally hear that. He also did Kyros in One Piece; he's totally got the range for Yuujiro.

Now: how do we go about getting the support and funding to make it happen?

It's very old and has a longer legacy and more influence, those kinds of series get a free pass from time to time

It's also easier to digest than Baki, there's a lot more "wacky" humour for example

#1. learn what that means before using it
#2. Motobe, Yuujiro, Baki, Kaku, and Ali

I'm some chapter behind, how did the pickle fight end?

>Jojo
>1986-present
>Baki
>1991-present

That's not much more of a legacy.

It didn't. Pickle didn't even get a say in it, Musashi just got distracted by something shiny and left.

What the fuck, why?

Jojo's is one of the most influential series in Japan period, and that period of 5 years means quite a lot back then

This is beside the point, Jojo is ONE series amid a sea of young adult light novel/visual novel trash and easily consumable battle shonen that dominates an entire medium nowadays. There's a pathetic lack of diversity and risk taking and a very rigid, defined status quo.

Like I said. Musashi got distracted by something shiny and left.

It's not like Baki isn't popular in Japan. It had to be to have gotten an anime adaptation in the first place.

>Like I said
But... but...

Sweet, baki threads are comfy.

Yes they are.

So what other series would you guys recommend for someone who likes Baki? I don't mean necessarily a martial arts one, but with the same kind of over the top, straight-faced ridiculousness.

I think Jojo fits the bill if there's someone who hasn't read it. In fact, I've seen Baki described as "the Jojo of martial arts series" before.

Garouden, both versions
Oyaji
Scarface (baki Gaiden)

Bump to keep baki alive

Oyaji
Family true man

Certainly beats the skinny / pretty boy / shounen boys "gritty" stories.

o cool, thread is still alive

>Scarface (baki Gaiden)
Neither is fully translated, and the adult-Hanayama one has 28 chapters; that's not much of a rec.

Colored Hanayama beating the shit out of Speck just because.

Fuck it, I want this thread to stay alive for a little while longer. Itagaki can browbeat us with Musashi stuff as much as he likes, but that don't mean we can't enjoy the rest of the series.

I really feel sorry for Jack. He's been the punching bag for a long time and I think it's because he's half gaijin so Itagaki won't let him win.

He needs to reinvent himself. Maybe go to the sanctuary of his genesis

He destroyed the Tae Kwon Do guy (I think), Shibukawa, and almost *killed* Baki in Maximum Tournament. He then got to destroy Sikorsky in one of the best fights in the series (and ironically the worst-scanned), and - at least in my opinion - did the best against Pickle.

Nobody else was able to make Pickle back off, and a similar argument about Baki's "victory" against Pickle can be used for Jack's fight against Pickle. If Pickle hadn't used a modern technique, Baki would have won. If Pickle hadn't recognized the threat that Jack represented, he would have died from the unconscious finger-smash thing.

Just what kind of leg training do they do to get abnormally long legs like that?

>Nobody else was able to make Pickle back off
get worked mark

Jack posed no threat to Pickle as a fighter, he just freaked him out by coming back from the dead. "The greatest fuck you of all time" has nothing to do with how strong Jack is

I'm more concerned about how they get bigger calves than quads like in

Retsu with weapons is the most entertaining fighter in the series. Makes me extra salty about Musashi, but I remember the good times.

Did you forget, Wisconsonite? Before Jack "returned from the dead" he would have killed Pickle, had Pickle not realized the threat a dead man poses.

Jack and Doyle both have extensive body modifications; Jack's legs are explicitly said to have been elongated. It's never specified for Doyle, but you can pretty much assume it's true. I mean, the faggot has a chest covered in bombs.

Thanks, already read the others but Oyaji looks pretty good.

How about Terra Formars? I ignored the anime, but I remember reading a bit of the manga when it was just starting, and it seemed to have the right mix of ridiculous pseudo-science and over the top violence.

Jack's basically the series Worf at this point, but he has the potential to find his place again. He can still grow by using more technology. If he got as jacked as that doctor guy for example, that would be quite something.

Of course this'll probably never happen at this rate, since the author's content pulling random overpowered people out of his ass. Hopefully Musashi's the last.

Pickle's was just freaked out by this voodoo crazy shit of something dead getting up before remembering how he got poisoned as a kid by a dead animal

Terraformars is pretty fun, good mix of action and actual people dying, though it shares some of that nippon stronk wankery.

Terra Formars completely fell apart; I honestly don't believe it's worth reading anymore. I stuck with it until the part where Joseph gets decapitated and his skull is bifurcated and he regenerates, but his siblings have to prevent the halves from regenerating into clones of him. That's just too far beyond the realm of "pseudo-science", even for the genre in which it initially tried to plant itself.

Oyaji, on the other hand, is one of the finest short manga you'll ever read. It's not-at-all pseudo-scientific. Some events in it are *improbable*, but not impossible by any means. It's not a manga *about* the violence, despite its immediate prevalence. It's about a tired old man.

ITAGAKI = HACK

which is why I said it's in the same vein as Pickle using a technique: by absolute pure coincidence, Pickle manages to survive and "win".

Jack could have killed Pickle but he performed the worst in the fight desu

Make Musashi look really strong

>performed the worst in the fight

>meanwhile, Katsumi and Retsu

>ITAGAKI = HACK
Now user, that would be Akira Toriyama.

Retsu could abandon his techniques and not instantly die
Katsumi hurt Pickle

>Retsu could abandon his techniques