How do we restore purchasing power? is it even possible at this point...

how do we restore purchasing power? is it even possible at this point? ive been talking to a 95 year old dude about how he used to buy an entire pizza for a quarter and a full pitcher of beer at a restaurant was only a nickel. even if you adjust for inflation, we have shit purchasing power compared to his generation.

the federal minimum wage in the early 40s was 25 cents an hour. since a quality sandwich, hamburger, or pitcher of beer only cost a nickel, that means 1/5th of an hours worth of work (at minimum wage) was enough to buy those items.

today the federal minimum wage is $7.25. if you divide that by 5, thats $1.25. what the fuck can you buy for $1.25 today? you cant even buy a goddamn candy bar, much less a quality sandwich. today, you would have to work an entire hour to buy just ONE PINT of beer, compared to when he was our age, he could buy an ENTIRE PITCHER of beer for 1/5th the time spent working

WHAT THE FUCK WE ARE GETTING SHAFTED GUYS

>restore purchasing power
why would you want to restore something as irrelevant as europe?

you don't need to buy things.
you need to invent things.
then the things buy themselves.

;)

how is that restoring europe? i want some god damn food for cheap, i dont understand why the relative price of our food and beer has multiplied 10 times over. with technology, and development of industry and mechanization, these things should actually be CHEAPER today than they were in his generation.

so our fucking wages are fucked, why is our labor today worth such shit? and how do we correct it?

Uh purge your govt 1776 style?

Women and immigrants took lower wages. Government taxes on things like dairy and farm produce are through the roof, and a larger focus on government benefits has lead to stagnation in the amount of money entering an economy. Not to mention towns used to be build on industry, and that's how many cities economies flourished, now many industries are moving overseas and taking the jobs what-would-be local tax with them.

You need a new Petrodollar-tier system put in place to boost the value of the US dollar. Right now the U.S. has no monopoly on a specific commodity used worldwide. Rare earth metals might be something good to exert force over, but I can't come up with any truly good suggestions off the top of my head

>what is the petrodollar
look it up nigger this isn't college

deport all non-whites
take women out of the workforce
make everything in USA
bomb some countries as then sell stuff to them

I don't really know anything about economics though

Bumping again for a legitimate discussion because this is one of the few threads on pol that isn't a dumb slide thread designed to trigger Sup Forumstards into "debating"

we must rid ourselves of the (((fed)))

This

Wara and money printing in addition to excess outsourcing and brown people workers is fucking us and the cracks been showing for decades.

The sad part is that nothing will change until people can't afford food.

That picture is a drawing of Glenn Highway in Alaska (roughly @ mile 85).
I kid you not.

Simple: Destroy the (((Federal Reserve)))

:thinking: maybe if minimum wage had risen the same amount as inflation it’d be fine :thinking:

bump

Fed policy resists deflation (which increases the value of a monetary unit).
Don't worry user. The next recession cannot be softened by lowing interest rates. Only two choices; deflation and losses taken, or hyperinflation due to panic.
The Fed will never willingly allow deflation. Just wait for the pop, and Wall St. covered in suicide puddles.

The real question is why do you accept working for such a low wage. Simply don't work for less then $30 an hour and employers will have to raise wages to get employees. Oh wait that doesn't work anymore because the country allowed unlimited supply of brown people who work for $2 an hour and get substidised by the government for cost of living.

yeah im seeing this now, for a long time the US had a monopoly on oil i guess. i see the issues that other anons pointed out about imported cheap labor, outsourcing the factories, and women competing in the job market. that all makes sense. so does that mean theres no way to fix our system? are we just stagnant until the USA leads the space asteroid mining industry and gives us an economic boom?

i mean jesus, this old timer's quality of life was so much better than ours in some ways. yeah he didnt have technology, but he could afford nice things like a house, a car, food, a family all on his one job

Correct. We end the Fed, we reboot the dollar backed by something tangible like gold or silver. This is how we truly restore the American economy.

Stop importing unholy amounts of cheap labor.
Also take that fucking flag off, it's a part of the problem.

Nah, looks like Colorado. Those mountains you have are more sharp/prominent.

thats not how it works

Women are a big part of that. Women's suffrage meant that the labor pool effectively doubled overnight.

You can't outsource a resource. The U.S. needs to start selling and stop buying. This is a pipe dream at this point, but I'm not saying that if Trump would take some serious action against outsourcing, we wouldn't see some results

Shits fucked yo, there is no fixing it. Going to take a third world war and a large die off of the population. Either that or a Wall-E future where humans have given over all self governance to machines and we just become evolutionary dead ends.

Ask him how much a lightbulb was.

Global crash, population reduction, currency reset.

ok, ill remake thread tomorrow. anyone who wants to ask him questions post here and ill remake tomorrow after asking him