MC is stupid and does poorly on tests

>MC is stupid and does poorly on tests
>Can't relate to him at all since I always did well academically

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm guessing they make MCs dumb so people would find them more relatable, but for me it's the opposite effect, and just confuses me. I can't even comprehend how somebody could do badly in high school.

And why is it the subject they always suck most at is math?

>MC is a little bitch
>Can't relate to him at all since I was beating the shit out of everyone in HS
Need more delinquent protags

They also suck at English

You will never be a relevant character, then. I'm sorry, user.

To be fair I imagine learning English as a Jap is just as arcane as an Anglo learning moonrunes.

>MC has a harem
>can't relate since i was always fucking Stacy

>MC is a beta but keeps on meeting new girls
>can't relate because no girl barely approach me, even in public train/bus

>MC
>Can't relate to him because I'm autistic

Not really, English is pretty much the go-to foreign language in compulsory education worldwide. Japanese isn't typically offered until HS at the earliest in the west.

>loli mc has an onii-chan
>can't relate to her since I don't have an onii-chan

>unable to view things from a diffrent perspective/view point
I think you might be autistic OP

>loli mc has an onii-chan
>can't relate to her since I grew out of lolihood

>MC has a superpower
>can't relate to him at all since i don't have a superpowers

You're missing the point. MC being dumb usually serves no purpose in the plot/narrative of the show, and is instead only used as to build relatability with the watcher. But if the watcher doesn't relate to that trait, then it serves absolutely no purpose and is actually counter-productive.

I agree with you here, OP. Usually, he's dumb and it isn't even a plot device or anything. I've always interpreted it as a "see, I'm dumb/unmotivated just like you!" thing. And as another person who had a lot of academic success in high school I don't understand it either. Maybe in Japan high school is really hard but it seems like they're learning the same stuff so I don't get it. Doesn't confuse me though, I just ignore it.

But MC being dumb explain his density towards girls in any harem show

Well if the mc is stupid, the worthless viewer can feel better than him

>mc is a turbo moralfag
>can't relate because i have autism and by a weird train of events am amoral

Or maybe he's just dumb. Character traits don't have to "serve a purpose".

Its because the fag writing it is dumb as fuck.

I always did badly on tests, not everyone is smart or good at studying

The author sucked in school
Hence why he's writing manga/anime instead of having a real job

>MC is a handsome and popular guy with hidden powers
>Can't relate to him at all

He got 7 out of 13, that's not bad.

>MC is insecure and anxious

>Can relate but MC is female

>MC has an older brother or sister
>Can't relate because I'm the oldest sibiling

Kind of wish I did have someone to look up to.

I have three older siblings and I don't look up to any of them.

>Kind of wish I did have someone to look up to.
No you don't trust me.

>MC's younger siblings are cute
>Can't relate because my younger siblings are little shits

The issue is that those teaching English in Japan to Japanese barely know English themselves. It's memorization from books, nothing conversational. Japs learn more actual English from TV than they do the classroom, which is why their ability to pronounce English always seems so lacking. Arguably, they're English literate by the time they graduate high school, but they're fucked if they have to talk on a phone or in person.

>MC is unable to prove the ABC conjecture
>can't relate to him at all
>mfw

>Reading comprehension
>Decent memory
All I needed to get straight A's in school. I could have done it half-asleep.

But maybe Glorious Nipponese school is harder. I don't know

No you don't.

You're making a mistake.

>Japs learn more actual English from TV than they do the classroom
If that were true, I think their English would be much better. Aren't foreign TV shows and movies dubbed in Japanese over there?

>MC exists
>Can't relate to him because I don't
>mfw

Because it's objective and you can't bs your way through it.

I think it's just a matter of "easier to write scenarios where potential love interest helps MC study" type of thing. The opposite would also work (MC helping heroine study) but I think would be less effective, from an appeal standpoint.

>OP is a faggot
>can't relate to him because i'm not OP

Does anyone else have this problem?

>MC has a love interest he regularly hangs out with
>Can't relate cause I have no social life and never talk to the opposite gender.

That's the point. Only the words Japan cribbed from English are still in English. Unless they're streaming from source with Jap fansubs, they aren't hearing properly pronounced English and they aren't learning it in school.

it's almost racist to a degree. Here in Europe even the most stupid chads know some english from playing games and watching movies,
japan went out of their way to not learn proper english and even made up their own pronunciations and special alphabet to not have to learn the language of the white devil.

>user sucked 20 dicks
>can't relate to him because he also has a dick up his ass

No, because I'm a huge dicksucking faggot who loves cock.

It's not harder, it's just that American education is literally down the shitter at this point.

The questions in the actual show needed a bit of sophistication in problem solving but doable with HS level knowledge.

That question on the other hand comes from a specialized field not even many math nerds touch.

If your highschool didn't cover category theory then I can only feel sorry for you.

>Can't relate
You probably can't relate to having magic powers, lots of girls, piloting giant robots, being a sharpshooter, etc.

This is probably the dumbest thread on Sup Forums. I'd say you should relate pretty well to a retarded MC.

Yeah, I suppose you're next going to say

>PHD in really abstract mathematics
>300K starting

I remember a good deal of Japanese actors that learned proper English admitting they intentionally mispronounce a number of English words so the Japanese audience can understand.

>brainlet can only spout /sci/ memes
Who woulda thought

Yup, its autism.

>it's an autist with an unwarranted sense of superiority needs to remind everyone he knows about really specific mathematics episode

>can't recognize obvious sarcasm
>calls others autistic

I love how disgustingly Asian the robot looks

It wasn't obvious at all, is this your first time using the internet?

because the elevens can't think of any other subject that's done in high school

Retards make genuine posts like these all the time on Sup Forums
I don't know why you're so sure it's sarcasm, unless you're doing damage control

>It wasn't obvious at all
That's because you're autistic, user.

Keep going, I'm laughing.

>laughs at inappropriate moments
That's also a symptom of autism.

Yes please. Wasn't even a delinquent. I just want this (preferable with pompadours).

You're probably the type of guy who plays human race in every game where it gives you options OP. Try liking soemthing you don't immediately identify with.

That said

>MC is female

That's about it for me

I'm pretty handsome and fit, but I can still relate to an ugly MC, I can relate to a dumb or smart MC, doesn't matter really, as long as he isn't superman you can relate in some way.

Oh the moment is ripe for laughter, no amount of damage control will cover your insecurities m8

I did terribly until high school and then reached zen. So I can relate to MC of any grade.

>makes a joke
>autist becomes increasingly defensive
It's pretty obvious who's the insecure one, my autistic friend.

You're pretty paranoid on top of being a clueless faggot. Come here in France countryside and see how much sensical English conversation you can get.

I like that because I want to look at something different from my life. In 2d, of course.

>nip school
>the only lessons they do are maths or english

>mc is intelligent, nihilistic, and has a wicked sense of humor
>can relate to him perfectly

>I can't self-insert myself into the story
>How the hell can someone be stupid, when I'm not
Fucking hell, it's like the memes were all about you

>MC is the chosen one, HAYAI!, can use "that" and is drowning in anime pussy
>totally can relate to him

>MC is a huge, stalwart moralfag
>Inspires me and reinvigorates me to keep being a surgeon

Difference is i am not talking about some rural place living farmer, i am pretty sure if i were to have a conversation with some popular singer/actor or game developer in France he would know pretty good english.
In japan they misspell and fuck up dialogue in professional products like foreigner characters speaking english in anime or games, it's a whole other level.

MC needs a glass to make him less godlike and more relatable, but that flaw can't get in the way of the plot, so being bad at math is a flaw that is unlikely to have any effect on his plot-relevant capabilities and even creates an opportunity to have the heroine teach him math.

there is alot more to relate to then being dumb... they could be trying hard but failing. the could be uninterested and not try. they could want to do well but something preventes them. they could not care. its not just im a dumb ass so other dumb asses relate to me....dumb ass

>character loves working, does housework and cleaning every day, and goes out of her way to get a part-time job while still going to school and getting good grades
I can't relate to this shit. I just like free time and entertainment way too much, and I can't imagine dedicating my whole life to labor much less enjoying it.

This.

>MC is different from me
>I can't relate

Please don't be a SJW, user

>MC is a manlet
>can't relate because tall

Yoshii is one of the better harem MC's out there, despite being probably the dumbest of them all funnily enough.

It's almost like your average otaku is stupid or something.

>MC has the patience of the devil and isn't angered by any injury or insult
>I'm expected to relate to this

do consciously or unconsciously relate to a character?
cause I never related to anyone

I find relating to the MC to be more of a hindrance than a benefit

I don't like relating to Shinji

>MC has 5 girls lusting over his dick
>can't relate to his apathetic nature
Fucking Japan is autistic.