Ghibli

So, whats your favorite Studio Ghibli film?

the one with the heavy Japanese cultural influence in it

Pic related was pretty shit, it didn't make any sense.

Princess mononoke will always be my favorite because of the violence

Porco and Whisper of the Heart tied. With Kiki and Laputa tied in second place.

Quit asking the dame question everynight OP.

Princess Mononoke, but I still don't like the story of any of his films, and they all seem to have the same characters too. Even the ones he's supposedly adapting from other source material has the same characters as his other movies.

Princess Mononoke herself didn't even play a big part in the movie. She wasn't even needed as an interpreter since the animal gods could talk anyway.

Only correct answer it Nausicaa or Porco Rosso if you're a faggot that doesn't count it

Cat Returns is pretty great. I also remember enjoying Kiki a bunch, but it's been like 7 years since I saw that last and it might just be nostalgia from seeing it when I was way younger too.

Laputa
And Kiki for the low level loli fanservice.

Ponyo is objectively the best Ghibli film.

Definitely Nausicaa, esp with based LeBeouf dub

Kaguya is the most patrician tbph.

>dubs

Porco Rosso really stands out due to it's lightheartedness and humour. I think it takes a lot influence from Hollywood, especially Humphrey Bogart films.

Spirited Away, without any doubt. Pretty much any answer that isn't this is contrarian bullshit.

>trying so hard to not be contrarian that you just spout the most mainstream opinion possible by default

mononoke and spirited away are pleb tier.

Whisper of the Heart/Porco Rosso/Nausicaa are better.

Good tastes m8

Naussica/Howls Moving Castle

Tales from Earthsea was okay, could definitely tell his son isn't as experienced though.

It's probably Gedo Senki. I watched it when I was an angsty teenager and related to Arren so much, and even though a lot of the critiq people have about it is valid, it's still stuck as my "favourite". Poppy Hill, the mood in that film is the best in any Ghibli movie (Whisper of The Heart also has a good mood)!

I guess if I weren't a fucking faggot, it would Mononoke Hime.

Kiki should have been longer but it's still by far my favourite Ghibli.

worst Ghibli girl.

Certainly not this turd.

I don't watch ghibli shit other then Princess Monoke

>Princess mononoke will always be my favorite because of the violence
Beheading arrows.

None because I don't watch garbage.

>So, whats your favorite Studio Ghibli film?
Ocean Waves.
But I like them all very much.

Why did that little faggot fuck stab his dad?
He wasn't even a shitty dad he just up and shanked him.

Mononoke-hime I think, but there's some rose coloured glasses going on there maybe.

Porco Rosso is a very close second. That film is incredible.

I've only watched Howl's moving castle and the one about the planes, so the one about the planes.

I finally got around to watching Grave of the Fireflies tonight. The ending was pretty predictable but it still got me all choked up.

The scene where he hesitates before closing the basket pierced my soul

In my top list I have:

Princess Mononoke
Porco Rosso
Whisper of the heart
Totoro

The rest is still pretty good but not in my top list.

>Be an angsty teen
(in the beginning the stewardesses go all "Oh no, Arren has been gone for DAYS, which is probably when he became corrupted)
>Shadow takes control over his mind
>Shadow kills his dad because he is afraid of him, wants sword to protect himself
>become even more afraid because he realise he killed his dad, so he runs away

Also, the sound in the scene where the king dies is so good, love how you can hear the jewels on his garments hitting the floor.

Honestly I probably have to say Naussica, but The Cat Returns is actually a close second for me. That movie is just pure fun. Whisper and Kiki are also fantastic.

I actually think Porco stands out because its not like a typical 1930s/1940s film. I honestly can't think of any film its similar to. People can hate Miyazaki all they want, but his films have a very unique style all his own. Helped most of all by the music from Joe Hisaishi.

>I guess if I weren't a fucking faggot, it would Mononoke Hime.
No, if your favorite was Mononokehime, you would be a typical western fan.

What's the appeal of Nausicaa apart from the titular character being really hot? I didn't like it very much.

Action, politics, world building (especially in the manga), interesting characters...

Most people just like the post apocalyptic style and the detail in animation. But there's plenty more to Nausicaa than that. The movie lacks most of the story of the Manga however. When I first saw the movie, I didn't care much about it either. Didn't like all the bugs and felt the ending was kind of out there. But it has a lot more impact when you read the manga.

I felt like the political message was a bit hamfisted at times. I don't disagree with the environmental message most Ghibli movies have. There was the baby ohm at the end with the rockets and chains and shit and Naussica and the baby bridging the gap or at least ceasing the conflict between the new dominant species of Earth and the old destructive humans. It was just a little corny for my taste.
I did like the detail in the new "toxic" environment though. It looks great and you don't really see organic creepy meat bugs like that in new anime.

Only seen Grave of Fireflies,thought it was mediocre at best.

I also like Whisper. It's too bad the voice recordings are complete and total shit.

The one with the really sexy loli that had mild pedophilia undertones.

Which one is that? Research etc

My Neighbor Totoro had "that" pedo bath scene. Many faps were had there.

>The ending was pretty predictable

The movie opens with the main character dying, the rest being framed as a flashback, what kind of unpredictable ending could there be?

Only yesterday . So many sad and happy feels.
Whisper of the heart was trash , bored me to sleep.

The Cat Returns, followed by Totoro.
The Wind Rises was good but it just left me depressed.

Most patrician answer: Only Yesterday
Most pleb answer: Howl's Moving Castle
Most tryhard answer: The Ocean Waves
Most insufferable cunt answer: Nausicaa manga

Spirited Away deserves all its constant acclaim and recognition it gets.

Porco Rosso and Laputa. The Cat Returns awas a lot of fun.

I loathed Nausicaa. The setting and world are fantastic, but Nausicaa herself is the only character with any agency, and half the dialogue is helpless people being surprised she's done yet another amazing thing.

Arietty was disappointing too.

Howl's was comfy, but it felt all over the place. Like they couldn't pick a single plot point and settle on it.

Overall I think Mononoke was the best film by Ghibli.

Top:
Porco Rosso
The Cat Returns
Laputa
Only Yesterday

Good:
Howl's Moving Castle
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
From Up on Poppy Hill

Okay:
The Wind Rises
Tales from Earthsea
Grave of the Fireflies
Whisper of the Heart
Tale of the Princess Kaguya

Meh:
Nausicaa
Ponyo
Kiki's Delivery Service
Totoro
Pom Poko
When Marnie was There

Whisper of the Heart was fucking amazing, The best film I've ever watched.

The story telling and character development was a joy to watch.

2nd favorite is Howls Moving Castle, I don't know why people don't rate it highly it was a real work of art.

Complete dogshit never again tier: Arietty.

I'd like Howl's more if the ending wasn't such a clusterfuck.

The witch giving up Howl's heart because Sophie asked really nicely went against the entire preceeding plot, and the scarecrow beibg the prince and neatly tying up the war plot was far too convenient.

Mononoke and Porco Rosso

I don't understand the appeal of Spirited Away and Kiki

Nausicaa was also meh

I can understand preferring one of their more mature or complex stories, but Laputa is literally perfect for what it is.

Nausicaa's future setting really scared me as a kid almost made me cry ;_;

attack on Kabaneri

Totaro

>PSHEEEEEuuuuuiu~~
>bsSHANG!
samurai no!

>Princess mononoke
>Whisper of the Heart

Is grave of the fireflies counted?

Porco rosso.

I expected more Totoro bros.
Either way, my favourites are Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service and Wind Rises. Miyazaki is good. My favourite not by him would be Ocean Waves, sorry Takahata.