2001 Nights

Posting some 2001 Nights for the sci-fi fans new to manga and have never heard of Hoshino Yukinobu before. It's a collection of hard sci-fi short stories about mankind's struggle to adjust when the space frontier is open at last. This is the flipped Viz version so read LEFT to RIGHT.

Yesterday's thread for those who want to read through the first issue: desustorage.org/a/thread/142496273/

Other urls found in this thread:

watsonscan.wordpress.com/tag/indian-philosophy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

poor karc9000
as a fellow robot, i know how it feels to be friendzoned.

on a serious note i like how the karc9000 stories tie together.

thanks for storytiming this, its a great read.
I never actually read the entire thing in order until now.

Yeah, it is best to read it all in one go. That way you can appreciate the connections better.

What an asshole

>sci-fi
>no Nihei Tsutomu

girl he liked was about to send him off to nothingness for forever. (forever alone)

he had a chance to murder suicide. he thought about it for a moment but couldn't carry it out.

can't blame him.

Nihei's stuff isn't really hard sci-fi.

keep reading his life gets worse. poor karc

Page 63 is giving me an embedded file error so I'll skip to page 64. The page is just a double page spread connecting with page 62 with no dialogue so it should be fine.

The hell is this about a planet Lucifer? Does this actually have some over reaching plot?

Yes. Some of the stories have recurring characters and plot lines.

>hard sci-fi
>KOS
>Blame!
c'mon dude

Not even the dude you're arguing with, but KoS has only nods to Hard scifi, and Blame! is well... just because its bleak and gritty, doesn't mean it isn't soft as fuck.

It's really not. I'm not sure how you can think Blame is anything near hard sci-fi, considering there's almost a deliberate emphasis on not explaining the scientific and technological aspects of the manga's universe.

story arc to lead to hyperspace travel eventually. pretty neat tie in.

>oh, a dump thread. Good taste.
>wat, it's Hox.

Can't believe you're taking your time to post all this.
What's your next project?

Shiriagari's modern take on Don Quixote, as well as two oneshot collections of Hoshino Yukinobu's earliest works from the 70s.

And that's the end of issue #2. Good night.

I see. Would you be interested in doing Koike Keiichi's short story about Navajo Indians, taken from an anthropology book of the same subject?

Typesetting is on me. (Gantz waiting room)
watsonscan.wordpress.com/tag/indian-philosophy/

thank you, great read

Not this year, unfortunately. I wouldn't mind doing it but I have some higher projects for now.

Understood. G'night.

Don Quixote, Paradise Lost. Stop reminding me I have a lot of things to read.

I've considered buying this but it's out of print at the moment and I can find it for around £20 on Amazon, worth it?

What are your philosophical reasons for doing it? Certainly no money is going to go towards anyone relevant anymore.