Liberal throughout my whole teenage life

>liberal throughout my whole teenage life
>one day about a year ago I take 500mgs of Dextromethorphan and experience ego death for the first time
>became a conservative shortly thereafter

What the fuck? Anyone else here go through this? I know two people who've had the same thing happen to them.

It just means you filtered your mind of the brainwashing.

I've always been what people refer to as a cunt I was banned from every form of social media out there just because I expressed my opinions then I found my home I love my senpai a lam

Makes sense. So weird, though, I can't expain how or why it happened. Afterwards my curiosity in matters I thought I believed in increased tenfold.

I took shrooms and changed from being pretty liberal to being pretty conservative.

>what people refer to as a cunt

they meant autistic

>i found my home

you found other people with autism

What do you think happened to your thought processes after the trip?

robi-tripping is still a thing?

Sure. It's very cinematic and fun in low doses, sorta like a psychedelic version of alcohol. I rarely touch higher doses these days, if at all. Dark stuff.

>take drugs and get brain damage
>become conservative
seems about right.

Are you a neurologist?

You admitted to fucking up your brain, genius.

I did no such thing, directly or otherwise.

Liberalism will give you more brain damage than any drug ever will

You clearly perceived and believed what you wanted to perceive and believe. Given this clear bias, I don't trust that you know anything about psychopharmacology or the human brain for that matter. Genius.

Explain your ego death, OP

Horrifying... very uncomfortable. Patterns of behavior and thought processes that every person has went completely out the window. Very humbling, though. Felt like I've been there before, perhaps in a dream or something; subsequently I felt very much at peace.

Not for the faint of heart and probably not to be glamorized either, but I still recommend it. The perceived aftereffects are very interesting.

explain ego death?

So you're telling me you got...redpilled?

It's who you are when you're not getting in the way of yourself.

DXM is pretty safe provided you don't mix with other drugs, space out your trips, don't take too high dosages, and don't have CYP2D6 enzyme deficiency.

see
Imagine pretty much your whole reality being crumbled up like an essay you put max-effort in your whole life and thrown back at you in your face. It's bittersweet, (lots of different thoughts, memories and emotions) uncomfortable but ultimately very rewarding. Afterwards you feel quite glad to be alive and here on Earth; you feel at base-level, I guess.

Lol.

Also this. It's like rebooting a computer, kinda.

>Horrifying... very uncomfortable
Oh yeah I remember my first ego death as well (tho mine was from a deep 4 hour meditation) - you're suddenly faced with all your fears and you realize that you had a massive wall of delusions which kept your ego protected from reality. Pretty scary realizing what a flawed human being you are and how your entire life has been a massive delusion which you couldn't even realize, it's a lot like being a schizo and not being aware that you're ill at all. I'd say that people who do not experience an ego death at one point in their lives are in fact in a state of light schizophrenia - it's light enough to not make it apparent, but once you delve into their thoughts you'll see an intricate world of delusions equal to that of a schizophrenic

oh ive gone through that, ive been cynical since i was like 12 though so it wasnt that bad

DXM was my first ever drug, probably tripped on it about 4 or 5 dozen times. Also have tripped on shrooms a half-dozen times, LSD 2 or 3 dozen times... Never made me a conservative. I always knew there were idiots on both sides but I stayed left-leaning for a long long time until sometime this year. Even now I find at least 60% of Sup Forums to be bullshit or misguided, you could probably call me a moderate.

The weirdest thing though is, even though I'm definitely anti-Zionist and anti-elite Jews, I only really get super paranoid about Jewish conspiracy now if I start smoking weed again. Otherwise, I pretty much accept that there are more good Jews than bad Jews and don't get too freaked out. Weed makes me anti-Semitic for sure.

>and you realize that you had a massive wall of delusions which kept your ego protected from reality

Yup. It's like your personal internal monologue (which every person has; it's only human to have one) getting the absolute shit kicked out of it.

Again, it's not fun, glamorous or "cool" at all. You're going to feel and think things you do not want to feel or think. But I recommend it, at least once or twice in your whole life.

and whats wrong with that

>DXM
Cause it's literally a RED PILL
HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE
Seriously though DXM's the shittiest recreational drug
SAD!

>The weirdest thing though is, even though I'm definitely anti-Zionist and anti-elite Jews, I only really get super paranoid about Jewish conspiracy now if I start smoking weed again. Otherwise, I pretty much accept that there are more good Jews than bad Jews and don't get too freaked out. Weed makes me anti-Semitic for sure.

Hahaha, I've had this happen before! Weed's weird, man. All I want to do when I'm stoned is jerk off, eat junk food and listen to shoegaze. I'm too much into exercising and more productive shit these days to smoke as often as I used to, but damn I miss it.

Serious question: can weed trigger an ego death experience? I swear I've felt this or something very like this in the first 30 minutes or so after smoking a lot.

Probably not comparabe to shroooms and dmt. But if you really do connect with yourself during a very big weed trip I'm sure you can get something out of it. Imo it causes a slight ego death overall, but you probably have to mediate during it to achieve something more. Hope this makes sense... butchered as fuck I'm at work and using my phone.

It is what you make of it. It's wrong to tell people it's uncomfortable. They don't need preconceived notions all they need to know is everything is going to be okay and it will return to normal eventually. Let the trip lead itself.

It wasn't through one experience but death of ego is definitely the road to nationalism and conservatism.

Yeah. I typically feel existential dread with really strong sativas, and I suppose it borders on a slight ego death. I did mushrooms once in college. I definitely experienced ego death. It was as if this life had just happened, poof, from nowhere. I looked in the mirror and laughed at the strange reflection looking back. There was nothing to do but laugh.

>trips once
>suddenly my worldview is radically different to spite my prior ineptitude
You're still in the bottom-left quadrant.

Means you can transmute without using a transmutation circle since you've seen the truth.

Sorta similar I guess.

>be 12
>not yet a liberal, but on my way
>take high dose of meds for allergies prescribed by ((doctor))
>Have bad reaction and go into a mental psychosis
> Have complete ego death for 2 months
>Spirits, inter-dimensional beings, elves, god, and satan all talking to me
>Have the most vivid dreams I've ever had. A dream would feel like years
>never sleep because of it
> After 2 months come out fucked in the head
>Deduced that this world is a hologram as in it's just the surface of a much greater system.
> now on Sup Forums

What's weird is some of the shit I hallucinated were things I never heard of. They're probably archetypes that are planted in our minds like how Carl Jung says.

>500mgs of Dextromethorphan
So basically taking cough sirrup made you a conservative ?