Mahou Shoujo? NariaGirls

>Animation studio Bouncy opened a website for a new anime project titled Mahō Shōjo? Naria Girls last Friday. The series will premiere on July 6 on Tokyo MX and will also run on the Sun TV channel and on the Niconico streaming service in Japan.

>The story centers around three girls named Urara, Hanabi, and Inaho, who aim to become famous throughout Japan by creating anime renditions of themselves. To be a hit with everyone from kids to adults, they choose the theme of "magical girls." Now they aim to broadcast their one-cour (quarter of a year) magical girl anime. The series is labeled as a "user participation" anime.

>The staff is currently running auditions for the show's cast.

>The anime reunites key staff from the gdgd Fairies, Straight Title Robot Anime, and Tesagure! Bukatsu-mono anime series. Kōtarō Ishidate is directing the anime, and is once again working with the studio Bouncy. Ishidate is also supervising the series' scripts, while Kuniosa Hirama (Q Transformers: Kaettekita Convoy no Nazo, Masatake Yamaguchi (Straight Title Robot Anime), and Satoshi Takahashi are penning the scripts. Okazu Misoyama is designing the characters. Yoshiaki Tokunaga is credited for sound effects, while Soichi Tsunekawa is credited for sound mixing. Yasuhito Nozoe is credited as sound production manager. The logo design is credited to "i."

>Hajime is performing and arranging the show's theme song, and Jun'ichi Inoue is composing.

YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES

Sounds fun.

it's either going to be comedy gold or a complete clusterfuck

it's already got fan art

I'm guessing all the gdgd/Tesagure fans are dead.

All except me of course.

the lone survivor.

do you think this will get subs?

probably not

Yeah well, maybe CR will pick it up.

the gdgd fairies movie never got subs

maybe but I doubt it

Those are pretty boring magical girl designs

that's not the point of the show.

It's either going to be great, complete trash, or unremarkable and overrated by a small vocal fanbase.

Even so, something as bad as a plaid full outfit is enough to make me doubt the overall quality.

wait till it's in gloriously clunky 3D

or it's not going to be subbed and it will fall into obscurity forever.

This is going to be a short isn't it? Announcing it just a month before airing would be unusual if it were a full series.

Yes it's probably going to be a short, something labeled as a "user participation" anime would have to be a short.

I wish someone translated Minarai Diva.

This sounds promising as fuck. Are they gonna make it look like shit again?

me to

>again

what do you mean.

>"user participation"

Looking forward to what this actually entails. Few people in the previous thread were suggesting Niconico polling, but I wonder what will even be asked. It's sure to be silly/entertaining at least. I hope it's not something that wouldn't be shown in an online format, like the live segments included in a few anime these days that aren't shown on Crunchyroll and such.

That would be really disappointing, but whatever this thing is, hopefully it's included in the main show.

if you want to see how wrong it can go, watch Minarai Diva.