I'm kind of surprised at how seemingly dedicated Toriyama is to this pairing...

I'm kind of surprised at how seemingly dedicated Toriyama is to this pairing. He has it introduced in BoG and has it casually namedropped in RoF but it's completely cut from the recap episodes in Super so we all think it's gone then the second we focus on Trunks, oh look, it's ToraMai pairing again. The weird thing especially is that if you haven't seen the movies this is going to feel like it comes out of nowhere

What is it about this that he seems to like (other than it's pretty cute)?

Other urls found in this thread:

fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/dragonball_super/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't care why it's a thing, but I'm glad my ship sailed.

Oh definitely, me too. It was all kinds of adorable in BoG

It's sort of refreshing considering the shitty article than was infesting lolfacebook saying that Trunk is gay

why do people think he's gay?

is this future trunks from the cell saga
or is this the new trunks that appeared in buu saga?

It's the same Future Trunks.

This was literally the first piece of information we got about him when they announced this arc was happening.

I supposed because he only has a male friend.

how can you make friends when everyone is dead though

Girls

>Bulma ended up with a villain that tried to kill her and her friends
>Trunks ended up with a villain that tried to kill his mother and her friends
POTTERY

I hope that was intentional

Official synopsis on the FUJI TV site (Episode 47)

次回 | 6月12日(日) 9:00~9:30 放送

ドラゴンボール超(スーパー)
17年後の未来を襲う最大の危機!「今日こそお前の息の根を止めてやる、サイヤ人よ」殺戮を繰り返しトランクスを追い詰める新たな敵はなんと悟空の姿をしていた!

Source: fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/dragonball_super/

The greatest crisis that fell upon 17 years into the future! The new enemy that repeatedly slaughtered [people] and cornered Trunks saying "Today's the day I'll end your life, Saiyajin!" looks just like Goku!

So luckily, it seems that Black is not going to possess Goku like I feared and is already in Goku's form

maybe because of that GT abomination, which made trunks seems a little bit femenine

This was literally my reaction the first time I saw the magazine teaser.

Fujoshi.

His portrayal in GT didn't help with the general audience, though. To be fair, Pan was pretty much the only female aside.of his mom or sister he interacted with, so the Trunks x Pan/ToraPanfags have been holding on to this series since then, comoletely ignoring the fact that those interactions were obviously platonic.

>so the Trunks x Pan/ToraPanfags have been holding on to this series since then

Didn't Pan was like 10 or something in there.

I don't even remember who those characters are, but isn't the girl one of the friends of his mother or something?

That's fucked up.

Mai just tried to kill Bulma and Goku multiple times, it´s no big deal.
Bulma did the same with Vegeta.

>The weird thing especially is that if you haven't seen the movies this is going to feel like it comes out of nowhere

Because it was Toei's fault. I really want to know who had the "brilliant" idea to remove that from the retellings and why. Unless making it coming out nowhere was actually the intention.

Can you believe that months ago, people were claming it was Toriyama's decision to remove the ToraMai interactions because it was either "innapropiate" or "unpopular" when it turns out it was all the contrary?

I'll tell you, ever since the end of the BoG arc, I spent some time with jap fans at twitter. A lot of them want and were expecting ToraMai. Even after the Champa arc, they have been expecting for some flag, these guys sure have a lot of patience. Naturally, they are currently excited.

You know what is funny? I think he brought the Pilaf Gang back just to pair them up.
That said, I'm waiting to see what kind of role Mai will have in this upcoming arc, because her presence there is totally unexpected for me. When I heard about a new Future Trunks arc I never thought they would put Mai there of all people.

Pan is 9, and he's like 23.

Right now those shippers are being a bit more careful, but their arguments before all of this were highly hypocritical.

>Because it was Toei's fault. I really want to know who had the "brilliant" idea to remove that from the retellings and why.

I'm now 100% convinced that Videl is how she in this because of Toei.

>Adult woman gets a child's body for reasons i can genuinely no longer remember and then goes /ss/ pedo on Kid Trunks.

This was always weird to me, but nevertheless, get in there my son.

GT

- A bishounen on an universe full of manly men
- His bromance with Goten

Most ToraPan shippers are female and women are into pedophilia way more than guys. See shoujo/josei

She's a rather sad individual really; to spend her whole life doing nothing but hanging out with and taking orders from a blue goblin and a talking dog who thinks he's a ninja or something.

Let us not forget: she never scored.

>Trunks grows up and NTR's her.

It´s like you can´t be best friends with someone withot being gay.
Did these people think Goku and Krillin were gay in og DB?

Tora?

Torankusu

Reminder, Trunks accidentally touched her chest.

>Adult woman gets a child's body for reasons i can genuinely no longer remember
Pilaf and co. wished themselves to be young again but the Dragon took it too far

Ridiculous. Do you people say Bejita or seru? Furiza?

It comes from the pairing name トラマイ, ToraMai

>What is it about this that he seems to like
It's comedy as in good comedy.

I haven't picked up the anime just yet, but were they also not present for the Tournament in the anime, while they went in the manga?

>Dragon monkey-paw'd them.

Wow, what a dick.

>I live in a universe where Mai is somehow relevant again
What the hell. What about Lunch tho? I don't watch Super.

>What about Lunch tho?
Lunch is a one-note joke that really just doesn't work anymore.

Pilaf gang is timeless, at least for Toriyama anyway.

For us it would be "TruMai", but the japanese sounding one ended up being catchier for some reason.

They were present in the manga and Trunks was even playing with them.

In the anime? No.

They did comeback to try and kiddnap Pan in that one episode, though. Cutest episode so far.

More proof then that Toei was trying to sweep this pair under the rug then, only for Toriyama to not give them a choice in the matter, I suppose.

Goku has a wife and kids and Krillin has always shown interest on women way before meeting 18. Also, both are manly as fuck

>What is it about this that he seems to like (other than it's pretty cute)?
Fujoshi getting BTFO and comedy gold

I find it weirder Shu is still around considerring all the other animal people are gone from the db universe it seems.

Pilaf gang comes in a set

>What are Oolong and Puar?

But yeah, I find it strange there isn't more animal people around, but hey, we can also add that to the "It's Toei's fault" list now, along with and

Stick to one thread fools

>Future Trunks
>Mai
So is this just future trunks or the two of them are the protag of the next arc? I've seen the visual but will Mai especially her have a role or will she just there for placeholder?

Mai's VA confirms she will be in every episode and will have a "major role" apparently on her twitter

user, we can't read the future, so we have to wait until saturday to see how this will start.

All we know is that the Mai's seiyuu said she's will be voicing her in every episode from now on and that one produced said she would have a major role.

Trunks is a pervert. He was blushing, a kid shouldn't be having such dirty thoughts.

Even a kid knows how to get a boner

I knew all about the majesty and naughtiness of tits from an early age too. Shits hardwired into our brains.

Trunks's brain is hardwired to chase violent women thanks to his saiyan heritage.

He's a half Saiyan. All evidence points to half Saiyans not caring as much about pride and power or violent women.

That only applies to Vegeta and Goku if you look at Bulma and Chi Chi.

Will they kissu?

I like this thread better

Is'nt Mai an adult when Bulma was a teen?How old is she here?Did they say that future Mai too got shrunked into a kid?How did that happen if piccolo was dead long ago and Earth had no dragon balls?

The only half saiyan we have as evidence is Gohan, who promptly married a strong willed woman who knew how to fight. (on a normie standard).

They wished before Dende came since they only got 1 wish.

So they wished during or before the androids.

Yeah but Videl was always a bro and not nearly as hotheaded. And look how she turned out in the end.

Bulma and Chi Chi challenge Vegeta and Goku every damn day in some way or the other.

Maybe it was when everyone was training for the androids. It's not like the crew was using the dragon then

Someone add Trunks to this shit

Yeah we need an update.

Sawako is also cute desu

>Yeah but Videl was always a bro and not nearly as hotheaded. And look how she turned out in the end.

Well, that's Toei's fault, not Toriyama's from what we can see now.

And user, everyone and their mother knows that Videl is the dominant in the relationship. She just happens to not have bitch episodes like Chi-Chi and Bulma.

fuck mai

give me launch

They really hate gotens I see. If he's not fusing with trunks or following behind trunks then he isn't important. Well good thing I never really thought DB was that good of a series anyways

>They really hate gotens I see.
The future multiverse tournament seems like the perfect time for him to get an alien girlfriend so he can develop into the bratty "I just wanna date girls" teen he becomes by the end of the manga

He's just a Goku clone. Honestly, if it weren't for Mai Trunks wouldn't have anything to do either. The kids just aren't very interesting solo.

Well it's better then having become the "I could have been strongest but I chose to stop training" type. I would say fuck everyone too and just go get a girl if I was goten. Why not if all you're ever going to be is a background character on not even piccolo level.

No, she's an enemy from Dragonball
The entire joke with her there was that she had the sexual maturity of a child (this is also the joke with her two buddies)

It's not because Mai why trunks is getting time, they would have brought back future trunks either way. Goten is honestly the most useless saiyan and that's sad. Even in the shit non canon GT they made him less relevant then pan

I remember that panel when she was asked to give "service" and blushes like mad as she blows a kiss.

It was cute as fuck.

The problem with Goten is that he's unfortunately a product of when Toriyama was seriously considering doing a next generation thing so he got a lot of screentime and promotion with Trunks but unfortunately, as we know, this didn't happen which only leaves Goten as "small Goku who can fuse with Trunks".

You know what would help though? A girlfriend. Worked for Trunks.

Both Goten and Trunks seem to still enjoy fighting, just not in the pathological extreme of their dads. If I remember correctly Goten just mentioned that he just had previous plans with his girlfriend but still cheerfully went along.

Or is this just another lasting effect from GT?

He was also asking her to hold hands with him right after meeting her and constantly shares a penis with his best friend.

I just checked the last chapters. Goten says "I don't wanna go, but my dad's making me" and complains about how he had a date.

kekked at the penis part, and not just the word.

Bandai or whoever is doing those figures is giving her to you to buy her. What are you doing about it, user?

>fuck mai
She's too pure for that

>you know what would help
>girlfriend
Shit I can't even argue that one. Now all we need is for a relevant young bitch to be introduced for him.

>Now all we need is for a relevant young bitch to be introduced for him.
That's why I'm saying, cute alien little girl in the tournament

what is launch's last appearance?

>I'll tell you, ever since the end of the BoG arc, I spent some time with jap fans at twitter. A lot of them want and were expecting ToraMai. Even after the Champa arc, they have been expecting for some flag, these guys sure have a lot of patience. Naturally, they are currently excited.

Tell me more

Ok I like that idea.

Nah senpai he got god GOKU genes. Can't waste them.

Anything is better the Trunks/Pan, but this is pretty cute.

There's a lot of shitty aspects about the larger DB fanbase but Trunks/Pan shippers are quite possibly the worst kind of cancer ever

>mfw everyone decades long Headcanons for Future Trunks love life about to get BTFO by fucking Mai

too great

It is the best feeling ever

The shipstorm is going to be lovely.

She could have ended up like this.

But instead she got extra youth and a royal half saiyan stud as a boy toy. Mai has won Dragonball

how about we give goten a deaged luanch to balance things out

Wouldn't work the same

The pairing/comedy works with Mai because her mindset was always that of a child.

I read somewhere that Toriyama felt really bad with seeing Pilaf and his gang as old people. Apparently, he really likes them