Death Note

Was Light right or wrong?

nah

Yes

maybe?

He was a sadistic fuck who didn't think there was any difference between destroying evil and creating good.

There is no right or wrong. In the grand scheme of things he might as well of been God for how much power he had. And there is no "if it would work or not" because it did right up until the series should've ended earlier than it did. For once the it would be nice if the bad guy won.

he was just a faggot who killed people because they appear in tv or in a newspaper.

>Light
>faggot

Thinking about rewatching this. It was quite literally the first anime I watched (with the actual knowledge of it being an anime) and I didn't even watch past ep 25, I wanna see what all the fuss is about. Should I do it or will I be severely disappointed?

It will ruin it. Literally ruin it. Be glad you've only watched what you have.

Is it really that bad? Won't I at least enjoy the first arc? I remember it being captivating as fuck but that was like a million years ago, I'm finding it really hard to trust my 16 year old self.

It goes downhill at that point but it's still pretty good

>Yagami
>Iamgay

I actually know some of the stuff after L dies, that's why I stopped watching in the first place, but I heard the last episode is still very emotional and it brings a good closure to the story. Maybe I'll just watch another romance anime...

It gets more shit than deserved, but it's definitely not as good as when L was alive.

i KNOW you want to watch that second arc but fucking trust us on this one and don't,Not only is the second arc's story absolute garbage but the writer more or less wrote himself into a corner with the first one with how he wanted to actually end it and he ends up having to asspull a fucking retarded amount of shit.

The faggots on Sup Forums will tell you he was wrong.

Read the manga, it's good and not as time consuming as watching through the anime.

He ended war itself and reduced crime by over 70% to a point he was killing off gropers, petty thieves, and even NEETs to better off society.

When you consider that Matsuda and a friend even lament how the world reverts a few months after Light dies, Near ONLY ended him to satisfy his ego.

Near, Mello, and even L were not good people.

Fine, I won't touch it then. There aren't even any BDs of it so fuck it I won't bother. Definitely gonna do what suggested tho, I'll just be one of those "the manga was better" people.

L was unambiguously a hero, though.

I still think it's worth watching, in all frankness. At the very least, the suspense aspect is still fairly well done.

No he wasn't. He was very willing to go to extremes to ensure Kira's demise. The main difference is that Light could cause far more damage by virtue of having the Death Note.

Stop being philosophical and answer the questions

He was a fucking psychopath who happened across the ways and means, and justified his actions by targeting society's scum.

Jack the Ripper killed mostly degenerates, but no one ever considered him a hero.

It's worth noting that Light cared less about improving the world than he did about satiating his ridiculous god complex. Ultimately, even if he was never stopped by Near, he was only mortal, and would have perished in time. His entire system would have fallen apart after his death, and in the grand scheme of things, nothing would have changed.

His main idea was right. He only targeted violent criminals, not petty thieves etc as far as I recall? But crime went down by 90% or something, didn't it. Can't argue with that result.
However, he was not just. He killed an innocent inspector (from his POV) right at the start because his ego was insulted so him being objectively a bad guy, no grey areas, is established pretty much from the beginning. Not like he ever has inner conflict about killing investigators on his trail either, I mean it's for the greater good of his course sure but technically they're innocent so that would've been more interesting. I hear he's more conflicted in the live-action show?
Oh and he let the God-shit get to his head.

I did. God doesn't have to give a shit what you think and it did work right up until the second arch. There was more order than chaos so I personally prefer if that whole second bit didn't happen. No system will be perfect but it was better than what we have now of every little thing being a political tool. Behave, or die. The world needs just one Superman to fix or damn everything.

Don't listen to that other user, just watch it and form your own opinion, Jesus Christ talk about exaggaration. If it keeps you interested no point in stopping. The way Light behaves in the finale is goat.