Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Just finished watching this, didn't know this was going to a be so fucking sad holy shit.

What did you think of the show?

/thread

don't spoil it, but does it have ntr? considering watching

It's pretty terrible.

Depends on your definition, but I would lean more toward yes than no.

Yes the main girl cucks herself. Seriously. I wish I could be making this up

It's a very complicated yet subtle kind of NTR but it isn't annoying. You should really watch the show.

Guess I will flip a coin, thank you

It's terrible if you consider all those times MC was about to lose it emotionally while playing the piano and Tsubaki wich was pretty fucking annoying the entire time.

The piano stuff was good, didn't like the romantical drama

A show with a girl this pretty shouldn't have been as bad as it was.

Godawful show.

This could have easily been a 12 or 14 episode anime if they didn't keep flashing back to things that literally just happened for the first 11 episodes. Then there's a ton more of it in later episodes.

It's pretty nicely written, but honestly it's saved by the characters and theme. The animation, length and flashbacks could have easily ruined a lesser story.

I really liked it.
One thing that was very good was that they gave full episodes to the performances. Too many anime just cut it off or show a little part, you don't always get to see everything like here, which I liked.

The performances are ruined with hamhanded exposition and idiotic internal monologues and drama though.

Extremely good show with a lot of stuff that flew miles and miles above the typical Sup Forums user so expect a lot of "lol emo beta MC" and "forced drama" memeposts.

Jesus Christ. It's literally just a teenage melodrama. You would have to be immensely stupid for it to go over your head. People just don't like it.

The average Sup Forums user can't comprehend a typical SoL comedy 2bhon famalam.

I think it has more to do with nearly every character being an unlikable shitcake than 2deep4u stuff. I like a ton of stuff that Sup Forums hates including Shigatsu but let's not kid ourselves here.

Although for some reason, I found Kaori to be more likable in the anime than in the manga. Maybe it's that Taneda Risa charm.

Forced drama

Luved the ending, I cried too

Was okay at first but went on for too long and overstayed its welcome

So it would've been better if it were 11 episodes, not 22?

I like the show a lot but i think that's just because it introduced me to classical piano music

I agree it became too long and could just have been sumed up in a solid 12 episodes, though the performances were really good.

I swear to god people have have just never seen an actually good performance scene and just assume the ones in Shigatsu are good because they don't know any better.

They weren't the best thing in the planet but it wasn't THAT bad.

I didn't think it was too sad and the blonde girl should have been honest.
That's what put me off a little, were she honest it would have been much better.

Phantom requiem for the phantom and Chrno Crusade on the other hand put tears on my cheeks.

There's also that adaption of The Dog of Flanders.
That's true sad shit

This has been the biggest disappointment ever to me when it comes down to anime drama. The ending is such a let down and the narrative feels like it couldn't do better than give some cliched unnatural drama.

Was pretty good, but I don't understand why they had to be 14. No 14 years would act like that or have that kind of monologues.

I found Ano Hana fucking sad as fuck but this? I felt nothing.

The characters were shitty am I suppose to feel sorry for any of these when they're being spergs about everything.

They're pretty fucking bad. They're ludicrously condescending and brimming with extraneous garbage that adds nothing to the scene and oftentimes detracts from the scene.

OP here. What made me extremely upset were those shitty effects during performances and the fact that everyone was crying all the fucking time. I didn't actually dislike it and it was kind of sad but I expected much more from that kind of show.

I'll never understand why this show gets shat on, but Anohana is praised to hell and back.

They're both fucking awful.

i know how you feel, the music was great though

What's wrong with her lips? It's too broad, almost like joker's smile.
Is it because of her disease?

Just like the blonde girl's lifespan.

Yes.
There was no need for her to suffer for that many episodes. She lived too long.