What's your favorite anime film?

What's your favorite anime film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=doEwWzMz99A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>ghibli

Ugh. Don't post that garbage here please.

No-one cares about your personal butthurt

Also Totoro

No contest, TBR is the most fun I've had with anime ever. A close second would be Cowboy Bebop the movie.

Royal Space Force: The Wings of HonnĂȘamise
GitS and the Bebop movie are close runners up

You posted it

What's wrong with ghibli?

Too popular

Its problematic.

why is ghibli problematic?

The producer doesn't think women are good enough to direct Ghibli movies.

At least someone else loved it. I am a huge fan of Trigun and the film was kind of a let down for me. The plot just felt like an extra episode for the series. Which is great but it was not movie-worthy.

whisper of the heart

>blatant rec thread

God I love Spirited Away.

Sword of the Stranger.

How pleb am I?

Enough to post on a rec thread.

Urusei Yatsura Movie 2, Porco Rosso or Whisper of the Heart.

Patlabor 2: Mecha Boogaloo

>rec thread
>pleb magnet
Fucking shocker.

inb4 deleet

No. YOU fuck off you contrarian faggot.

Daily reminder that every thread is a rec thread

>miyazaki movies
>anime

Eh
End of Evangelion
Akira
And probably Perfect Blue

end of evangelion.

That's not a film retard it's a movie.

Not my absolute, but for some reason I really liked Steins:Gate movie a lot.

Tamako Love Story is my number one, but I'm also a big Miyazaki fan; I adore Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service and Wind Rises. Other favourites would be like, Akira, the Crayon Shin-chan movies and Princess Arete.

Would you guys recommend Patlabor or Urusei Yatsura to someone who wasn't a fan of the rest of Oshii's work? Those are the big ones I haven't seen and while I'm not too keen on the guy they look less, I dunno, sterile? Compared to say, Ghost in the Shell or Angel's Egg.

I have no idea what you disliked about Oshii's work based on what you just said. All I can say is that the first two Urusei Yatsura movies, and the TV episodes he directed, are the best parts of the series. And he took a decent concept and improved it ten fold.

I guess I mean the sort of cold aesthetic he seems to like portraying, with very mechanical or inhuman characters and a focus on somewhat "preachy" content doesn't really work for me. Innocence is the biggest offender I can think of, couldn't stand that movie.

His portrayal of the characters in Urusei yatsura are even more over the top and spontaneous than the manga they were based on. Urusei Yatsura Movie 2 is a very abstract movie with a lot of references to the butterfly effect and 'if life is a dream' and all that. But even if you don't like these things, the other 80% of the movie is amazing. Both the scene direction and characters. And especially the music, one of the best OSTs in anime.

It literally had one redeeming feature and that was Kurisu fan service.

How haven't i seen Akira yet?

remedy that asap

Wolf Children. Definitely not enough viewers.

Does anyone know how much time it took to make the sakuga-ridden movie that was Akira? Like, every second is flawlessly drawn.

G O A T
O
A
T

anyone who disagrees need not post

I think it entered production in the mid-80s and had one of, if not the highest budget for any animated movie at the time.

am i a faggot if i watch it streamed

>am i a faggot
yes, I won't bother reading any further

>hurf durf

is streaming at 720p losing too much to make it worthwhile

If you have to ask, then you should just stream since you're too retarded to tell the difference anyway.

>ELEVEN FUCKING MILLION DOLLARS
Damn, that's fucking insane. 80s Japan really was thriving thanks to the money acquired during the Korean War.

11 million is huge for an anime. But not really compared to western animation. Fucking Toy Story cost like 150 million. And some of the later Disney 2D disasters cost well over 40 million.

haven't even seen it but i love the premise so much

if we're talking movies that aren't out yet, then Silent Voice and that new Katabuchi film have had my dick rock hard forever now, can't wait

Is this the one with the electric bad guy? That was alright.

haruhi

a boy

>bumping this dead rec thread
Use sage niggers.

falls in

A well

Probably Paprika, but Dream Machine was great too.

I really miss him, Sup Forums

REDLINE.

Even though it makes me feel like shit after I watch it it's still probably my favorite

youtube.com/watch?v=doEwWzMz99A

A lot of people I know dislike this film, but I really enjoyed it.

I agree

End of Evangelion and The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Only standalones I really enjoyed were You are Umusou and Garden of Words.