Flcl

I don't really know what I watched, but I think I liked it.

The music was fucking great

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dEspxEte8S8
reddit.com/r/adultswim/comments/3ubsln/spoilers_what_flcl_means_for_me/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>muh coming of age metaphor

The Pillows are based.

>muh muh
What's wrong with being a coming of age show

My man. I can watch this show endlessly and not get tired of it. I think part of that is likely nostalgia, as I watched it when a coming of age story felt much more poignant. I still love it to pieces though. Pillows are incredible, also.

>tfw the sequel will suck ass and retroactively ruin everything
What do we do?

Nah, regardless of how the later series turns out, the original will always be great. It'll be alright. We should chill out and try to be optimistic.

The music was absolutely atrocious and basically never fit the situation. Eri still best girl.

I've read some stuff about the scriptwriter and he seems cool

But there's almost no chance the show won't suck -as animation- which is like the most important thing.

>retroactively ruin everything
How?

>The music was absolutely atrocious and basically never fit the situation

>Watermelon.
>Or like a panda with a mean face.
>Or like sandals with pressure points drawn on them.
>Or the smell of a blackboard eraser.
>Or on a Sunday morning where you wake up and it's raining.
>Well... I like him more than hard bread.

youtube.com/watch?v=dEspxEte8S8

What a cool show.

Imagine trying to have a FLCL thread once the sequels are already out and watched by all the new casuals who never bothered with the original and make up the majority of this board

You can look at EVA threads for an example of what'll happen

Are there any other bands that sound like The Pillows?

Blue Hearts

>never bothered with the original

Nigger, it's one of the most famous anime in the West. Everyone watched that shit on Adult Swim back in the day.

>think you're joking
>look it up
Oh well, I never liked this show like the majority Sup Forums audience does.

Thanks, user.

Dinosaur Jr

Man. Bitch more, seriously. I'm gonna watch this, then listen to Twiddle. I know things are getting better.

Get out blood. Beck and FLCL are the best because of not only their references to music, but the music in general.

>dat mc5 reference in Beck

Third post in a row because YES. Dude you have my respect. Ever listen to UFO or The Replacements?

>get out blood

I wish I watched Beck when I was younger, would've made a way bigger impact if I watched it when I was in highschool.

What? They sound nothing alike,

Watch it again.

>watched FLCL twice
>still think it's shit

music can't carry a lolsorandomXD show

It's not random. It has wacky comedy moments but there's nothing random about it.

it's not random, you just can't follow a plot if it isn't spelled out for you

If it sucks you don't have to watch it, and there's always a chance it's good, so it's a win win situation.

See

it's deeper than that user
reddit.com/r/adultswim/comments/3ubsln/spoilers_what_flcl_means_for_me/

It always makes me sad when I watch it.

Maybe it's because I wish I could come of age.

I remember watching when I was a kid and wishing this would happen to me

your contrarian is showing.

Please specify what elements and parts of FLCL are random so we can have an actual discussion instead of shitflinging.

>wahh my dead FLCL threads will be ruined by casuals blah blah im a huge crybaby

Goddamn just turn off the fucking computer before you have an aneurysm.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Except it won't be just you being pathetic, it will be 80% of the thread, both sides.

Look at all of this fantastic FLCL discussion. It would be a shame if the casuals ruined it.

>37 post thread

And 30 of which are all me

the entirety of the show

it's mediocre coming of age side story was shit too

That coming of age story is the main story. The goofy comedy is the side dish.

So you think Mamimi crying and saying she's "overflowing" because she saw Naota's brother's letter where he talks about banging American chicks is random? How is it random? You think her calling him (and the little robot she finds in ep6) "Takkun" is random? You think Ninamori rigging the play so that she can be the lead just as her recently divorced parents are going to see it is random?

I could go on, but I think you get the idea. What is random about this? It all forwards character and theme and is logically connected and internally consistent.

when the side dish is shoved in your face much more than the "main story" there's a big fucking issue.

i think this critique was pretty good.

ITT: anime philosophers shoehorn deeper meaning into a laughably bad show

It really isn't, you're just shit at reading inbetween the lines. The wacky comedy is part of the coming of age story, as points out.

"FLCL is lolsorandomxd" is just the common impression people get from seeing or remembering only the first episode

But it isn't shoved in your face- a lot of the comedy moments have running dialogue or are shot neutrally to the point it becomes 'tune out' moments. The heavy moments are made so as to be much more impactful, are the only ones where the Pillows music gets on the forefront and jump out of the screen instantly. The manga scenes or the curry-eating in episode 3 aren't shoved in your face at all, scenes like Naota realizing Mamimi gets bullied daily or, well, all the action scenes (which are all relevant to the theme) are the ones that get the most attention.

Really, the wacky moments are an extension of Haruko's personality. Most of them are the result of her messing around with everyone and Naota specifically. So even the wacky comedy scenes aren't "random", the only random thing is whatever shit Tsurumaki&co come up to decorate them. And that's the good kind of random.

>lolsorandomXD show

>underaged fag trying to fit in

this thread is just like FLCL

shit

It's disturbing how many dumb people there are that don't like FLCL.

They're either women or their balls have yet to drop.

>catcher in the rye: the anime

I dug it

Still listen to the pillows every once in awhile even though I watched it two years ago.

FLCL is like, my favorite anime after RahXephon
i hope they're not gonna fuck up the sequel

dont watch it.

I hope season 2 doesn't suck ass